Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

spacetoaster posted:

Wait, she posted this and then took it down? lol

Were people being mean?

Nah, she deleted a yet-to-be posted-here image of a devkit being used on twitter (even though it's already been found that devkits were in an office space already) and what I gather some explanation of how they're going to be importing star citizen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ah, they're going to save PC gaming by making a PS4 port so terrible that people will swear off of consoles for life!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm personally against the concept of doxxing. I think it's at best intimidating and potentially humiliating to the victim and at it's worst can ruin lives and lead to suicide

Too bad that the admin here endorse the doxx if you find it funny. You should send pm to FactsAreUseless to change this rule. Also stop with your everyday posts of antisemitism, your hate of jews is not funny and as bad as doxxing.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hey MoMA, I bet you 10 bucks that SC turns out to be this generations Hellgate: London IF it actually comes out.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Zzr posted:

Too bad that the admin here endorse the doxx if you find it funny. You should send pm to FactsAreUseless to change this rule. Also stop with your everyday posts of antisemitism, your hate of jews is not funny and as bad as doxxing.

Reverse everything you just said and your post is almost funny.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

Reverse everything you just said and your post is almost funny.

.gnixxod sa dab sa dna ynnuf ton si swej fo etah ruoy ,msitimesitna fo stsop yadyreve ruoy htiw pots oslA .elur siht egnahc ot sselesUerAstcaF ot mp dnes dluohs uoY .ynnuf ti dnif uoy fi xxod eht esrodne ereh nimda eht taht dab ooT

Nah, not even almost.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's only funny if you typed that out by hand.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Given the potential massive success of this game, I'm sure Sony is prepping special 6TB PS4 units for the retail market that come preloaded with the complete SC franchise.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nawledgelambo posted:

Nah, she deleted a yet-to-be posted-here image of a devkit being used on twitter (even though it's already been found that devkits were in an office space already) and what I gather some explanation of how they're going to be importing star citizen to it.

Nice, good to know Star Citizen is coming to consoles. It was the plan after all

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ArfJason posted:

Alright.
It's cool that av purchases can't be traced thanks to these hack forums code, which allowed whoever found that personal site of mine (which has no links to my username or any of my handles btw, so the only way to find it is to know my real name) to buy IRL pictures of me as an avatar.
You loving weirdos win.
It's been bothering me for a week or so, but are you the rfjason that was around in 2005 when I tricked a whole bunch of livejournal users into posting their real names and addresses just to prove me wrong? Am I Jack Napier to your anti-doxxing Batman?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I love agile development, it allows me to not look at anything holistically.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Tippis posted:

Because E:D is a lovely exploitative game, with its ridiculously expensive episode DLC and silly ship skin MT, its lazy procgen design, and its unrealistic flight model that limits how quickly you can yaw so as to not break your neck. Oh, and it has completely fractured the community by having this nonsensical single-player/co-op/MMO-style multiplayer split, and DBOBE stole all his ideas from Chris anyway which is why he's only ever produced the same Elite game over and over again. He's so desperate he's jumped on this VR dead-end, which just makes the game look stupid. And, I mean, the game is two years old by now. Yawn-o-rama.

It doesn't stand a candle to SC, with its sweet episodic content, its excellent ship store, its revolutionary procgen design, and its hyper-realistic flight model where they've tweaked the thruster response curves so tightly that it almost seems like you're not flying a huge space ship at all. Oh, and to appeal to the largest possible audience, it will have single-player, private co-op servers, and MMO-style multiplayer. It takes the tried and tested ideas of games such as Frontier and WC:Privateer and adds an exciting new Chris-style twist to it, like the eventual addition of VR to offer unprecedented immersion. When it comes out in two years, it'll be great.

:same:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

The main difference of course being No Man's Sky is a real game people can buy and play while SC will never be more than a crobbled together Frankenstein of better franchises which never makes it to full release.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheAgent posted:

The next-gen development consoles are impressive enough to work with our high standards, but I want to say this: nothing is being taken away here. The net benefit of releasing Star Citizen and Squadron 42 on the future XBOX and PlayStation consoles far outweighs the bad. It allows us a bare minimum overhead that expands to nearly limitless levels on PC.

This was always a PC game first but not only a PC game. Our scope and effort always included other ways to bring in revenue to make the Best drat Space Sim Ever, to bring you and everyone that believes in the project every hope, dream and feature possible.

Myself and everyone here stands by that, just as we hope you continue to stand by us.
if this is true then lol

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Reminder nearly half a year ago CIG was going on about how they might even get 2.6 ready for gamescom because according to them 2.5 was going to have a quick turnover on their testing. Not only did that never pan out, it looks like theyw ont even get 2.6 out on live this year.

I had to borrow that one for a post title. My latest fun gimmick over at the Reddit is instead of losing all my rare karma points and become silenced, I have started making critical posts so that the downvotes don't affect my ability to shitpost. They spergs have come out in full force and flood them with comments and meltdowns.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

Hey MoMA, I bet you 10 bucks that SC turns out to be this generations Hellgate: London IF it actually comes out.

A kinda ugly, awkward and clunky game with a design and gameplay mechanics which were ahead of its time?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You're not exaggerating. You're completely making poo poo up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Sappo569 posted:

There are two levels of thought here.

I've had the privilege to know some wealthy people, and learned a few things;

Being able to buy a 500k car, and being able to afford one are two different things.

It's no different than driving through a neighbourhood and seeing everyone in 100k Range Rovers parked infront of their 5mil$ house, chances are they have multiple credit cards, and a huge mortgage

LOTS of people can buy a 500k car (especially when we're talking LA)

The truly rich would buy a 500k car and add it to their collection, their wealth management company would cut a draft to the dealership.

Crobbers walks in like a big shot and leases (he seems like the type to lease) that car, knowing he could never comfortably afford to out right buy it, as the space ship sales could end at any moment

How many times a week do you hear of 'Insert Rapper' whoever having their lambo reposed because they over spent and are no flat broke, everyone spends when the cash is rolling in never thinking about what happens when it stops

I've seen this before. Before I took over the farm I was working at a company where the average person was making between $150k - $200k which is about 4x the average salary in the Midwest. Parking lot when I left was 2 Teslas, 3 Audis, several BMW's and my 10 year old Chevy Impala. People there were making good money, but they were also up to their eyeballs in debt. If the company went under they were at most 3 months away from being bankrupt. Some were still living pay check to pay check with 6000 square foot houses, 2 luxury cars, maybe a timeshare or condo or both and a boat and well it all adds up. Meanwhile we had a 2500 sq. ft. house which we paid off while I was working there.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

This should be in Toxx form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLhcJO4Gy4

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hellgate london lifetime sub

What is that?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Stuck waiting on these releases
Hope they don't make a console port
Suffocation
No Breathing
The airlock's glitched, and my wallet's bleeding

Nanananananananana

Overwhelmed by bug reports

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

The jokes on you. I always had a forum there; except that it was a Wordpress plugin. I just installed a standalone one instead.

niiiiiice.

:flipoff:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Eldragon posted:

By creating the secret "Avocadi" (or whatever they are called) testers CIG simultaneously:

1- creates the illusion of progress while hiding all the problems under an NDA.
2- Shame all the backers who are not in the secret group, encouraging many to kiss rear end even harder in the hopes that they can get in some day.
3- Create divides among the community between those who are "in the know" and those that are not, e.g. arguments over leaks.

An actual open development game would just create vertical slices of product that focus on stability over features and roll them out as they are ready. None of this big release that needs 4+ months of testing bullshit.

Considering I have no idea what a vertical slice is, and frankly whenever I try to look it up, I run into different definitions of what that really means. In the case of this game with so many different modules, what does that mean?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Money is one reason.

Their bandwidth costs due to the patcher ain't cheap.

efb

They have been doing commercials for Time Warner broadband down in Fl. where Chris is plugging the massive data that he uses and transfers around the world. So I wonder if there is some kind of bargain that came with that deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvZm7pOIFs

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

They have been doing commercials for Time Warner broadband down in Fl. where Chris is plugging the massive data that he uses and transfers around the world. So I wonder if there is some kind of bargain that came with that deal.

Surprised Sandi didn't shoe horn her way into that somehow

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08882924/persons-with-significant-control

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/persons-with-significant-control

It's not supposed to make sense. Just go with it.

They can't do that, without it reflecting on the books of both IN/OUT entities. Then it becomes a problem. And seeing as they have chartered accountants - third parties - it's highly unlikely that they are inclined to file it improperly.

Yes. That's why they are not likely to show it twice. So it's going to be interesting to see how they show it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

DapperDon posted:

Considering I have no idea what a vertical slice is, and frankly whenever I try to look it up, I run into different definitions of what that really means. In the case of this game with so many different modules, what does that mean?

It's cause no one knows what one is but it doesn't matter cause Star Citizen will never have one.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Amarcarts posted:

Stuck waiting on these releases
Hope they don't make a console port
Suffocation
No Breathing
The airlock's glitched, and my wallet's bleeding

Nanananananananana

Overwhelmed by bug reports

Contemplating suicide?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/808873887618318336

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 14, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

Oh I'm sure there is a deal, just like the mocap studio was free and were the actors so they could be a part of this dumpster fire like many do for a Tarantino film.

Given how inefficient the patcher is, combined with cloud computing costs...it is no wonder they trimmed it down to a select few. And that is the genius of CIG marketing, turn a dumpster fire situation into something special called the evocati to put a positive spin on things while mitigating this fiasco of open development.

The one thing they could reduce costs with (the patcher) has been hashed around for drat near a year and would generate actual cost savings. Yet they don't give a poo poo, because their manpower is better spent elsewhere creating shiny objects to sell more snake oil. The patcher is low hanging fruit to pluck in regards to reducing expenses yet remains elusive. Either they have a dearth of talent or it is a scam. I'm thinking the latter created the first in required human capital that could pull it off.

It is amazing really. Companies will trip over themselves to save a buck. They don't need to...just release another concept and kick the can down the road because it isn't glamorous.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Dementropy posted:

I hope they didn't doxx him by using publicly available information.

But they did.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh I'm sure there is a deal, just like the mocap studio was free and were the actors so they could be a part of this dumpster fire like many do for a Tarantino film.

Given how inefficient the patcher is, combined with cloud computing costs...it is no wonder they trimmed it down to a select few. And that is the genius of CIG marketing, turn a dumpster fire situation into something special called the evocati to put a positive spin on things while mitigating this fiasco of open development.

The one thing they could reduce costs with (the patcher) has been hashed around for drat near a year and would generate actual cost savings. Yet they don't give a poo poo, because their manpower is better spent elsewhere creating shiny objects to sell more snake oil. The patcher is low hanging fruit to pluck in regards to reducing expenses yet remains elusive. Either they have a dearth of talent or it is a scam. I'm thinking the latter created the first in required human capital that could pull it off.

It is amazing really. Companies will trip over themselves to save a buck. They don't need to...just release another concept and kick the can down the road because it isn't glamorous.

What I am saying is that it is not uncommon for that kind of deal if they are in fact using TW services.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

gently caress when it plays like that you want 3 of the motherfuckers.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am the 45 year old man who watched this and sighed because I just wanted to trade and explore.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Such a good bad movie.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Why can't they ban the person i hate on a forum i don't belong to and don't make comments in, it's not fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Why can't they ban the person i hate on a forum i don't belong to and don't make comments in, it's not fair.

It's their pontification of the written word that I enjoy.

Tax:

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 14, 2016