Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
A dumbassed picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

temple posted:

A dumbassed picture

that's really embarrassing

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lol that rules, it also rules that someone took the time to make that

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Dunno seems pretty accurate? (Not really).

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Remake that chart with rap thread posters, IMO.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I like how Mac Miller is both overrated and underrated. Beautiful.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
i'm a tier 7 rap fan

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ace Hood still getting poo poo after not doing anything smh

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was going to say if you thought it was dumb then why even bother posting it, but it's no worse than any of the other garbage temple posts so I guess it makes sense.

Great page snype too. This thread continues to punch it's own hoe card.

In other non-reddit-sifted news, Lil Durk and Jeremih's "Like Me" just went Gold, and P. Rico just touched down from the pen. Hopefully Chicago can keep this positivity going into the new year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuSRTDOa8c

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 13, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Calm down

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

:goonsay:

for real tho.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This thread makes me avoid Chicago rap. Can't wait for chance's toilet raps playlist!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its still hosed up to me just how popular J Cole is actually. How the hell did that happen

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Its still hosed up to me just how popular J Cole is actually. How the hell did that happen

White people

temple
Jul 29, 2006

ruddiger posted:

I was going to say if you thought it was dumb then why even bother posting it, but it's no worse than any of the other garbage temple posts so I guess it makes sense.

Great page snype too. This thread continues to punch it's own hoe card.

In other non-reddit-sifted news, Lil Durk and Jeremih's "Like Me" just went Gold, and P. Rico just touched down from the pen. Hopefully Chicago can keep this positivity going into the new year.
LOL

Girls

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Because he engages with his fans to a crazy level. He doesn't release a ton of music anymore. So his fans will eat up whatever he does release. And he's able to relate to and hit that senior year of high school/college age demographic of this generation with a laser like focus. I could totally get how people could like his music so much. He makes music for those in that age group who don't like mumble rappers or the "seemingly" vapid club music.

Like J.Cole was literally showing up to his fan's loving houses and performing and poo poo, and sending out free CD's and poo poo when Forest Hills Drive dropped. Which is pretty dope if you are a fan of his.

To me personally. I like Cole's mixtapes, and a bunch of Born Sinner, but nothing else of his has really resonated.

I actually liked False Prophets, and Everyone Dies. but wasn't a fan of the actual album. Cole's bars aren't good enough to carry yet album of him talking about stuff in the same way as he's done it before.

Edit: Also to get to any level of success in rap like Cole and others have had you have to have some appeal to women and caucasians. It's kinda a given.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 14, 2016

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Cole is the Jesse Williams of rap aka woke twitter aka the old Kanye without the quality production. Its humble fuckboi music as opposed to Rocky's cocky fuckboi music or Future's druggy fuckboi. Fuckbois undivided.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm a level 5 goblin

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ruddiger I get you wanna rep your city but could you maybe cut that down to like the four best tapes that aren't colouring book/tlop because there's no way anyone is going through 50 tapes in one post.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

temple posted:

Its humble fuckboi music ... Rocky's cocky fuckboi music ... druggy fuckboi ... Fuckbois ...

Aww, did someone learn a new word from the internet today?

Also, over a dozen posts on this page, but only one rap song. You guys are in love with your own posts a bit too much.

In LA We Trust 3 - Team 600
https://spinrilla.com/mixtapes/team-600-in-l-a-we-trust-3

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ruddiger i actually appreciate your chicago post but there is like a million jpgs and links, could you post maybe 5 of what you think are the better lesser-known stuff? :)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Also, over a dozen posts on this page, but only one rap song. You guys are in love with your own posts a bit too much.
:ironicat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hiSIVstrU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ruddiger posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvbvj6Wnno

stop being an internet gangsta you fuckin idiot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the only internet gangster i fear is 4 RING shrimp in case he pulls up with the bloods/crips/whoever he reps this week

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
when did ruddiger become insane

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
21 savage better than most of the stuff he posted anyway

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ruddiger i actually appreciate your chicago post but there is like a million jpgs and links, could you post maybe 5 of what you think are the better lesser-known stuff? :)

Same.

Also, I forget who it was, but someone this time last year did a 'this year in grime' post and posted a bunch of tracks with stories about beefs and other cool poo poo and showed me stormzy for the first time. Whoever that was please do it again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Saba's Bucket List was my favorite album of 2016, but since dude was on the Late Show with Chance, I'm assuming most know about him. These were my other faves from the year.

Lucki - Son of Sam Dash Gang dude. Xan'd out flow.

Goodbye Tomorrow - Tunnel Stripe Exit Ramp electro inspired, I really like the production on this guy's music, especially on the track Jay-Z.

Roo$ki - 4750 One of Lucki's Dash Gang dudes.

Populair part 2 - Sir Michael Rocks The Chicago repper from Cool Kids, this was his EP follow up to last year's Populair.

Alex Wiley - Tangerine Dream Haven't hosed with this guy before this year, but he's had features with Chance, Kembe X, and Monster Mike that I enjoyed. I ended up seeing him live this year and was pretty impressed.

and Nina Tech's Lady Tech EP get's an honorable mention, if only because Chicago needs some more talented female MCs out there.

https://soundcloud.com/youngninatech/sets/nina-tech-lady-tech-the-ep

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thanks, i'll check them all out tomorrow

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ruddiger posted:

Saba's Bucket List was my favorite album of 2016, but since dude was on the Late Show with Chance, I'm assuming most know about him. These were my other faves from the year.

Lucki - Son of Sam Dash Gang dude. Xan'd out flow.

I didn't know Lucki Eck$ was still making music, thanks for the link

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Im a rank 6 martian 👽 Like Weezy F. Baby

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

For something more than "white people", it's pretty much that he's extremely good at aping a style. He makes music that sounds like it should be good, without actually being good. He sounds like a serious rapper/conscious rapper/lyricist until you actually pay attention to what he says and realize that dude's extremely shallow and doesn't ever say anything memorable or challenging whatsoever. Nobody's ever listened to a jcole track and thought anything of substance because of it. He'll never make an album like TPaB because nothing he does has any sort of substance (regardless of how it actually turns out). If you're not very familiar with a lot of rap, or you're someone who doesn't stay on top of things but used to listen to rap you can easily be fooled into thinking that he's actually saying something, especially when you hear the other music that's popular. He's like the cheesecake factory of rappers-good enough to look like fine dining compared to mcdonalds or whatever, generically bland enough to not actively offend anyone but doesn't really offer anything quality.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

temple posted:

A dumbassed picture

it's me

i'm Drake, the elite tier 1 rapper

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

TheIllestVillain posted:

it's me

i'm Drake, the elite tier 1 rapper

That's the only accurate part of that list tbh

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Also Mr. MFN Exquire has new music coming out, dude still remains one of the best out lowkey. Using a doubletime flow here, it's real nice. New album should be great.
https://soundcloud.com/exqobumaye/american-pipe-bw-wednesday-prod-action-bastard-dj-sicksentz

And in all the Ab-Soul/jcole excitement Deniro Farrarr dropped another project, definitely worth checking if you liked his previous stuff.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Real J. Cole lyrics (courtesy of Shea Serrano)

"I let you feel like you the poo poo / but you can't out-fart me."

"Motherfucker, I'm the poo poo / I pass gas when I feel."

"I be shittin on niggas / And my dough be farting."

"You the poo poo only 'cause I digested you niggas"

"They light a fire under my rear end, nigga, my poo poo hot / Even if you squatted over volcanoes, nigga, your poo poo not."

"They say I'm like the human body / I produce my own poo poo."

"These niggas thinkin' they the poo poo / And they ain't even farted yet."

"You wanna know how I know I'm the poo poo? / 'Cause I keep clogging up the toilet."

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 14, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

temple posted:

Cole is the Jesse Williams of rap aka woke twitter aka the old Kanye without the quality production. Its humble fuckboi music as opposed to Rocky's cocky fuckboi music or Future's druggy fuckboi. Fuckbois undivided.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

alansmithee posted:

Also Mr. MFN Exquire has new music coming out, dude still remains one of the best out lowkey. Using a doubletime flow here, it's real nice. New album should be great.
https://soundcloud.com/exqobumaye/american-pipe-bw-wednesday-prod-action-bastard-dj-sicksentz

And in all the Ab-Soul/jcole excitement Deniro Farrarr dropped another project, definitely worth checking if you liked his previous stuff.

Sweeeet. Can't wait for this.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Aww, did someone learn a new word from the internet today?

its ok if you're insecure about your city and need something to brag about. your city made kanye, my city has 23x less murders a year than yours. we all have our strengths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yes smaller cities tend to have fewer murders.

The second you adjust for population. Chicago drops. I think it's either Detroit or Baltimore now...

Also LMAO Regardless of what he's doing now. Kanye is cemented as one of the most influential producers and performers in music.

And I don't even like rep Chicago like that. It's what I grew up listening to and poo poo since I lived in northern Illinois but I've never really liked there like that.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 14, 2016