Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Mr E posted:

Can I play Siege with goons if I just hit level 10 last night and sometimes do good things?

You're already head and shoulders above most of us at that point, welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
You can play Siege with goons whenever.

As long as you shoot Vertex in the back of the head before he places a Tachanka turret facing us.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The AK still kicks like twelve mules but I'm finding it works a bit on burst fire, which I haven't really tried with other weapons. I've had some crazy snap shot bursts up into their head.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

When is the option to apply a skin to everything coming? I play dress up gijoe more than I play the actual game.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's honestly a bit ridiculous how few outfits and helmets there are.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
There are a lot more than there used to be. They just added uniforms in the last patch so I'm sure there are plenty more of those coming.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

'Lighting fixes' have been in every major patch note since Dust Line's mid-season.

https://gfycat.com/BoldBeneficialGazelle

:downs:

Jesus Christ

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tbh frost deserved to die anyways for pistol rushing two open windows

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
aren't you the guy who had really terrible opinions on lighting being fine in this game

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Mr E posted:

Can I play Siege with goons if I just hit level 10 last night and sometimes do good things?

Nobody cares whether you're new or even good, as long as you're a hip happenin' dude :c00lbutt:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Wow, the Starter Edition to Standard Edition upgrade path loving sucks. I was honestly thinking it'd be like going from the standard edition to the special edition of Skyrim or something.

Like, I the game is $15 bucks on CD Keys or something and the starter was $15 at the time. If it was another ten bucks to upgrade to the full edition or something I'd go for that over using a third party site but goddamn.

Sion fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 13, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

aren't you the guy who had really terrible opinions on lighting being fine in this game

Not just the lighting ;)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Nobody cares whether you're new or even good, as long as you're a hip happenin' dude :c00lbutt:

https://streamable.com/ftfh

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Lately I've just been giving the ol walls a spittle of sledgy sledgy and rushing and I usually get 1-2 people deep inside the building before I am gunned down horribly.

Fast siege is fun siege

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

The Duggler posted:

Lately I've just been giving the ol walls a spittle of sledgy sledgy and rushing and I usually get 1-2 people deep inside the building before I am gunned down horribly.

Fast siege is fun siege

This is the correct way to play Sledge

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Duggler posted:

Fast siege is fun siege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zqlajdoYw&t=45s

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Was the last dudette alive on my team as Twitch and I fell off a roof.

Oops.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Was the last dudette alive on my team as Twitch and I fell off a roof.

Oops.

I did the same as Thermite. Except I was trying to drop to the balcony on House to kill someone putting up a barricade in construction.

I missed the balcony.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This got me wet

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Golden Sledge God

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

We've been in queue for 15 minutes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

We've been in queue for 15 minutes.

twenty minutes

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Maybe you should requeue

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
well you see that person is still loading because they did not tilt their ssd at a 45 degree angle

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Whatever you do, do not re-queue.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed way more cheating lately? i'm getting blatantly walled like one game out of every three

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Of course it was a roaming Doc that had to be the last one alive. Because why woulden't it be Doc that tries to roam :allears:

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Oh btw why does your armour section looks different on the ui? I've seen this a couple times and always wondered.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

has anyone noticed way more cheating lately? i'm getting blatantly walled like one game out of every three

Yeah. We've had like 1 in 4 games with either a blatant waller or an aimbot.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, has anyone else been receiving error messages stating "Update Failed" when attempting to search for a lobby in MP or terrorist hunt modes? It's been an issue for me since the last patch what, a week or so ago I guess?
I can get around it by being invited by a friend and having them search for a game, but it's quite annoying when I'm trying to play alone. Validating the game files in Steam doesn't turn anything up - that says everything is there and looks good, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Dante18907 posted:

Oh btw why does your armour section looks different on the ui? I've seen this a couple times and always wondered.

It's an old video from before they did some UI reworks, you can't see armour mid-round anymore.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Of course it was a roaming Doc that had to be the last one alive. Because why woulden't it be Doc that tries to roam :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxa6i12Z9w

:smug:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What's with the matchmaking today

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What's with the matchmaking today

Uplay'd once again.

Also the best hostage extraction: https://streamable.com/t8v9

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 14, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What's with the matchmaking today the past weeks

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Last night was both the most fun and most savage night of casual siege I've had since I started.

All the pros coming out for the Tachanka charm.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Every time I start Siege, since I first installed it before the Brazil patch, I get one of these two errors:

It's related to my SD card reader when it's empty. Cancel or Continue makes it go away. It's never been more than an annoyance but I finally took pictures of it.

Is there a public bug tracker or something similar for Ubisoft games?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Given the quality of their games I'm not sure they have an internal bug tracker. :v:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Heran Bago posted:

Every time I start Siege, since I first installed it before the Brazil patch, I get one of these two errors:

It's related to my SD card reader when it's empty. Cancel or Continue makes it go away. It's never been more than an annoyance but I finally took pictures of it.

Is there a public bug tracker or something similar for Ubisoft games?

Yeah I've been getting this too from all the way back in the second to last beta/alpha whatever more than a year ago. Now you mention it, it would be pretty nice if it was fixed, it seems pretty harmless but it does mean I have to hang around for a minute as the game launches to click past it every time.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Patch notes are up

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
that was... not the change I was hoping for with frost's SMG. I guess I'll have to try it in game but the centering time sounds like a potentially huge nerf, now they've described the terms I think that's the main reason I love it so much.

• Locked thread