Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

She is the rokurokubi ended and boy

boy

That was not a good ending, which really sucks, because the rest of the series was so good until these last few chapters

I'm disappointed. I expected something better from a manga about a girl whose neck can Stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What happened?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He left town after making out hardcore with his girlfriend and the final shot is of a photo book that is ostensibly his memories of the time in youkaiville.

Very sudden end.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There might be some sort of epilogue added to the next tanko but they actually cut it off where 4 would be a full book the same size as the other 3 so maybe not.

Either way the artist is mega talented so I'll be happy for their next work.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 9, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Araki posted:

I post them on Batato, but not as part of a group. I always figured that the no group thing was the reason why baka-updates wasn't listing my chapters, but I guess someone has to manually update it? I have no idea how that site works, but please feel free to update and link things that you feel need updating and linking.

Yeah, it needs to be manually updated. You can post in here and someone will probably take care of it.

... I should really make that scanlation megathread...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Link for last chapter of Rokurokubi

:( The title should have been "Too Sudden". I mean, just all out of nowhere "Yo I must return to my home planet"? Come on!

Still you have to admit, though, that was a super well drawn kiss sequence in that last few pages. You rarely get a scene like that in a romance manga, where it's like real and touching.

Also: 3 neew Criminale chapters

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Possibly serialization got cancelled suddenly, unless it's a web series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Not possibly, it did. This was signaled a couple months ago.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Speaking of things with abrupt, disappointing endings, 87 Clockers just wrapped, in which the main characters demonstrate all the development they've undergone throughout the series by going back to right where they were at the beginning of the story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
perfect. the long, storied legacy of manga and anime wrapping up terribly continues on.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Ugh. I wasn't actually pushing for a Stretch ending when I made those jokes about Rokurokubi. I mean, this was better than that, but not by a whole lot.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I've never understood that, is it some zen cultural thing? Feels like storytellers in other cultures would always respect their story enough to give a semblance of a ending.

Not everything needs to be a monomyth but not even the most pretentious new wave cinema just goes "Yeah it was all a pointless dream or something" ending

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Pat answer: It's about the journey, not the destination.

Realistic answer: Mangakas are treated like cash cows. If their story drops below a certain level of popularity, they're given a very short amount of time to end the series, if they're lucky and it's not just axed.

In a few cases, the editors nix the author's original ending, sometimes in the middle of the narrative, forcing them to come up with something to save face (a.k.a. the OreImo scenario).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mirage posted:

(a.k.a. the OreImo scenario).

:stare: :frogon:

Ahem -- Some Dansan Joshi end of volume extras are always nice. I love how this manga just keeps reusing certain running gags, but it makes them work so well every time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Seconding this. It's been years since I even though about OreImo, so I'm interested in knowing what happened.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Mirage posted:

Pat answer: It's about the journey, not the destination.

Realistic answer: Mangakas are treated like cash cows. If their story drops below a certain level of popularity, they're given a very short amount of time to end the series, if they're lucky and it's not just axed.

In a few cases, the editors nix the author's original ending, sometimes in the middle of the narrative, forcing them to come up with something to save face (a.k.a. the OreImo scenario).

Gag Manga Biyori has chapters where a writer for some terribly generic manga is told his series is going to get axed and they have a ridiculous small amount of page to close things up. It's amazing, and also fits this thread well:

Second half of this episode here:
http://kissanime.io/Anime/gyagu-manga-biyori-2/watch.html?episode_id=35081

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New Kotonoba Drive!

:(

but :)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

nerdz posted:

Gag Manga Biyori has chapters where a writer for some terribly generic manga is told his series is going to get axed and they have a ridiculous small amount of page to close things up. It's amazing, and also fits this thread well:

Second half of this episode here:
http://kissanime.io/Anime/gyagu-manga-biyori-2/watch.html?episode_id=35081

Swordmaster Yamato is amazing

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

New chapter of that manga with the silly pretend-swear name

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:doh: Oh. My. GOD. I just got the pun in the title!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

A shitload of new Ika Musume just dropped!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Ika Musume gets some genuine laughs out of me, which is rare. Always glad to see more of it.

I wonder if the writer is ever going to let time pass, though. According to one of the chapters it's been less than a month since the series started. There's good humor to be found in the other 92% of the year!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Personally I find Ika Musume super repetitive. Every now and then I convince myself to read more chapters, since I did more or less like the anime a lot, followed by getting maybe 10-15 chapters deep before deciding to drop it again. It's one of those "always keep the status quo" comedy mangas that for me at least gets boring when it doesn't try to shake things up even a little bit.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I agree that the beach/house/town are getting a bit stifling. It's a gag comedy but Ika Musume's complete mystery of a backstory is weird to me.
The jokes are unique though, and that's enough for me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/808630211507953664

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Merry Squidmas

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Time to go a-carolink.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Calamari Christmas is sitting right there you guys.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chio-chan arrives at a whole new world in the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Chio-chan-no-Tsuugakuro/Vol-003-Ch-014--Convinience-Store-Chio-chan?id=336138

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

C-Chio-chan, stop :stonk:

loving fujoshis always ruining everything.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
So Chio plays Tomb Raider, eh? I guess it's not too much of a surprise for an AssCreed fan. I wonder if she's played the old games, too, or just the reboots.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Andou-san is still such a good guy! He and senpai are the nicest people in this series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh hey look, here's some birbs!

:3:

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 14, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nobody's favorite game is quake 4. i can't relate to chio-chan at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The bit in the middle is good

...But yeah

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Andou-san is still such a good guy! He and senpai are the nicest people in this series.

It speaks volumes that the nicest people are a reformed delinquent thug and Molester-Senpai.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Woulda figured Chio's favorite western game was Bulletstorm given her preferences.

Also still not sure who the Heroine is supposed to be.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Brainamp posted:

Woulda figured Chio's favorite western game was Bulletstorm given her preferences.

Also still not sure who the Heroine is supposed to be.

There is no heroine in this tale.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
More demon mom.

More :ohdear:

and um...consider not reading at work. maybe. Its near the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

More demon mom.

More :ohdear:

and um...consider not reading at work. maybe. Its near the line.

Agreed. Hey, isn't this like the origin story of a lot of manga hero characters? Or something like it? Haha! It's just like "I gained my powers from turning into a half-(whatever entity) in a life-saving operation" is rather common.

AND THEN IT BECOMES A BATTLE MANGA!!!
:black101: