Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I am guilty of doing that, bad medics teached me wrong. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I usually wait until the timer runs out because there's just no significant benefit to sitting on the map screen rather than spectate your corpse, but when I'm tilted you better believe I'm holding down that space bar for absolutely no reason

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Nah man holding space bar makes you respawn faster :downs:

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

That crossbow grenade thing is pretty sweet and Im glad you dont have to buy it. Good job :dice:

unlawfulsoup posted:

I have to air a grievance that has been pissing me off as a medic lately.

IF YOU DIE, WAIT A COUPLE OF loving SECONDS FOR A REVIVE IF A MEDIC IS NEAR YOU.

I know most of you are probably cool bros and this has 0 relevance for you. I am losing my interest in medic going in to help dudes in high risk situations for them to not wait 2 seconds for a revive. It makes me sad face and just say gently caress the team if they don't want a medic to be a medic.

This happened to me a couple times last night when I played medic. Yes its annoying, buts its even more annoying when you're the only medic.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

someone who plays medic a lot- do the weapons with automatic fire modes actually have a hire ROF than just pulling the trigger as fast as I can in single shot mode? It sure doesn't feel faster and it seems like it'd be easier to dodge a repetitive burst of fire...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Efexeye posted:

someone who plays medic a lot- do the weapons with automatic fire modes actually have a hire ROF than just pulling the trigger as fast as I can in single shot mode? It sure doesn't feel faster and it seems like it'd be easier to dodge a repetitive burst of fire...

I don't think they do, no. They main advantage of autofire is that you can just hold down the trigger and concentrate on tracking your target, without upsetting your aim with repeated clicking.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

1903 Experimental, incendiary everything, and flare gun is maybe the most fun I've had in BF1 so far, except maybe clearing bunkers on Argonne Forest with the flame kit.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

unlawfulsoup posted:

IF YOU DIE, WAIT A COUPLE OF loving SECONDS FOR A REVIVE IF A MEDIC IS NEAR YOU.

I know most of you are probably cool bros and this has 0 relevance for you. I am losing my interest in medic going in to help dudes in high risk situations for them to not wait 2 seconds for a revive. It makes me sad face and just say gently caress the team if they don't want a medic to be a medic.

Most people who do that are impatient jerks but some don't see you close to their body since where a body drops is client side. So they can see you at like 12m away on their screen even though you're right on top of the body because on their game the body rolled down a hill or something.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

spiralbrain posted:

That crossbow grenade thing is pretty sweet and Im glad you dont have to buy it. Good job :dice:

On one hand I agree this was the right choice, on the other hand what the heck am I gonna do with these thousands of unused battlebux

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Once you get the crossbow's arc down you really start pissing people off. Defending the second sector of Amiens on Ops was hilarious, because I could lob grenades through the windows of the corner apartments that face the train tracks and just collect free kills. The pubbies never knew what was happening, and never figured out where the grenades were coming from... and kept loving congregating in the same loving spots. I think I notched like 20 kills between the crossbow frags, impact nades, and the Madsen.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Echoing the love for the crossbow. Didn't really look at it closely in use but is it just a cup on the crossbow track that you put a frag in?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I might play support now that they get an infinite ammo grenade launcher. I never liked the mortar much but the grenade crossbow is my jam

Just sit in a corner and toss gas grenades, shoot crossbow bombs and then resupply and repeat.

Support is now officially the demolition class

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

jisforjosh posted:

Echoing the love for the crossbow. Didn't really look at it closely in use but is it just a cup on the crossbow track that you put a frag in?

Yup. Somebody during the stream actually asked him to look down, wondering if it would fall out of the cup :v: (it didn't)

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

unlawfulsoup posted:

DICE has spoken about adding a "press Q to call out" action for Medics to alert their fallen comrades that they are coming for them. As a dedicated Medic that plays pretty much only 64-man Operations, I'm eagerly awaiting that addition.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

DICE has spoken about adding a "press Q to call out" action for Medics to alert their fallen comrades that they are coming for them. As a dedicated Medic that plays pretty much only 64-man Operations, I'm eagerly awaiting that addition.

That'd be horrifying having nearly dead men calling out for help, would really add to the WW1 aesthetic too

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

as a medic, if i die, if there is another medic within 20 meters, i wont respawn unless i see them die

didn't 2142 give you the ability to call for a medic after you died?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Fried Watermelon posted:

That'd be horrifying having nearly dead men calling out for help, would really add to the WW1 aesthetic too

Oh, I was speaking of an action whereby the Medic calls out to the nearly-dead man. But having an ability for the nearly-dead to call out for a Medic to alert them that they're willing to wait for their help (rather than mash the spacebar) would be nice as well. :shrug:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
martini henry nerf sucks, still sorta fun. hoping they add double barrel elephant gun that i can use for quick follow up if first shot fails to kill.

other changes seem good. xbow fun. support guns still okay. A10 still very good lmao

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

People who insta-spacebar are the worst. I was in a pub squad last night and in typical nasally voice one of my squadmates told me to switch off medic if I wasn't going to be useful (he was a scout :psyduck:). This guy would spacebar as soon as he dropped while my other squadmates were nice enough to get revived and feed me points. After the match ended I got the little callout for highest squad score. He left the squad to be a hill humper.

And everyone applauded.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 14, 2016

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I get constant thanks for revives which always makes feel good :shobon:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm liking the new custom game modes they keep adding personally

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

spiralbrain posted:

same, I actually have more problems with supports never dropping ammo at this point.

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 14, 2016

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Sometimes its just fun to play medic only with that needle out.

I must have gotten like 9 revives within a period of 5 minutes keeping teammates alive on Obj C of Monte Grappa. But they did a cooldown on syringes so you just cant go around reviving multiple people at once. It seems like there is about a 2 second cooldown between "injections". No complaint from me though since it really didnt inhibit the ability to keep people alive.

Awesome Welles posted:

same, I actually have more problem with supports never dropping ammo at this point.

Ive noticed this as well. "NEED AMMO" "NEED AMMO" "NEED AMMO" always from Assault.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Alehkhs posted:

Oh, I was speaking of an action whereby the Medic calls out to the nearly-dead man. But having an ability for the nearly-dead to call out for a Medic to alert them that they're willing to wait for their help (rather than mash the spacebar) would be nice as well. :shrug:

They had the dead people calling out for revives in the beta. It resulted in no one reviving anyone since the indicator on the body wouldn't show up for the medic unless you hit q to call out to them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So yeah, gently caress the Medics that don't bother reviving because every time a game is lost because of a simple ticket gap of 20-30 tickets I think of them!

Fried Watermelon posted:

RAWRRGRGRGRGHHH MEEEDDDDIDIIIIICCC! STRETCHER BEEAAAAARGH! ARRRRRGGGH!

Also, played through Mud & Blood to get the field manuals and attempted some of the single player codex challenges once more. Anyone ever get the feeling they designed that one originally as a swap between the tank crew and some soldier character on the ground? Perhaps they originally considered having the Hell Fighters supporting a tank offensive but had to dump the idea because the US used the smaller Renaults?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

havenwaters posted:

They had the dead people calling out for revives in the beta. It resulted in no one reviving anyone since the indicator on the body wouldn't show up for the medic unless you hit q to call out to them.

Hmm... I played the beta but don't remember the callouts. I do remember that it prompted you to push spacebar in a more instructory manner, whether you were or not, which I feel like made people believe it sped up respawn and thus become more likely to do it.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Oh man, people are furious over the martini changes/fixes. If it fucks snipers over I am cool with it, though.
I dunno -- it fucks over close-to-medium range snipers rather than wookies sitting back on rocks a mile away. We need more incentives for snipers to be on the front contributing, not less.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I dunno -- it fucks over close-to-medium range snipers rather than wookies sitting back on rocks a mile away. We need more incentives for snipers to be on the front contributing, not less.

Sure but on normal we don't need a one hit kill rifle for the scouts or imo any other class except maybe shotguns from extreme close range

Also the martini henry was overrated and kind of bad even before they fixed it, it falls short compared to the strengths of pretty much any of the other rifles

E: Incidentally and related to nothing at all; I was reading about the martini a couple of days ago, and I learned that working versions had been found in Taliban weapon caches as late as 2011. Pretty cool to have a weapon still in use a respectable 140 years after its initial production

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 14, 2016

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Hell, god knows the M1911 still sees use, too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Backhand posted:

Hell, god knows the M1911 still sees use, too.

I rotate it sometimes with support/scout if I play the US. I am major sperg who likes sometimes to use weapons associated with the factions. Rolling with the Gasser and Heigel at the same time as Assault is...interesting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MrYenko posted:

1903 Experimental, incendiary everything, and flare gun is maybe the most fun I've had in BF1 so far, except maybe clearing bunkers on Argonne Forest with the flame kit.

Wait, the 1903 Experimental is actually usable now?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

spiralbrain posted:

I'll habitually trigger the thanks callouts or say it out loud if it's somebody in mumble. Gotta be polite and appreciative.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Not having fun with some of these changes. Grenade crossbow seems very lackluster.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 14, 2016

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Are crates any better following this patch or am I still better off carrying medic/ammo pouches?

Unrelated, I'm happy with how the mortar is now. Not too crazy, but the accuracy ramps up quickly enough for it to be useable again. :unsmith:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Crates are bad. Pouches replenish health/ammo faster and you can throw it at your teammates.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait, the 1903 Experimental is actually usable now?

That depends on how much you like clicking mouse 1.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Snuffman posted:

Are crates any better following this patch or am I still better off carrying medic/ammo pouches?

Unrelated, I'm happy with how the mortar is now. Not too crazy, but the accuracy ramps up quickly enough for it to be useable again. :unsmith:

Crates did see some sort of improvement, but it doesn't change the fact that crates are going to get half of your team multi-killed by one grenade.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Octavion posted:

That depends on how much you like clicking mouse 1.

Bind some autoclicker software to mouse 1

I kid, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would actually work well

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Snuffman posted:

Speaking for myself as long as a medic/support is actually using whichever one they're carrying then it's all good. In terms of Conquest, pouches are still better for most situations but on maps like Suez or Argonne then you may consider crates because a lot of people tend to bunch up in small areas and you're probably going to be right beside them anyways so you'll be there to plop down another one when it runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Bind some autoclicker software to mouse 1

I kid, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would actually work well

It works ok. But its really like polishing a turd.Just using the Frommer stop is still better than it.