Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

my 1.8 gig IW update is going painfully slow. seems like its going to be more like a hour and a half

The file scanning process is the longest part of updates on PS4. None of my other consoles do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
where is everyone

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Todays update kept giving me an in game update failure message and I only bought base IW. So I'm reinstalling to see if that fixes anything.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
somebody decode the new glyphs they introduced to the game

you know, the things that would be wonderfully explained by the daily messages but nope, gotta push those new weapons!!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
btw DMR is now a 1HK on headshots. because someone thought it shouldn't have been prior to today

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I spent half of last night sitting a scarab near major wall run areas and let me tell you: people do not wall run as much as you want. the only time I saw someone some bitch on my team jumped over my scarab and killed the guy wall running whilst he himself was wall running just as I detonated it.

I don't know why I do challenges on this game they are torture

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Puckish Rogue posted:

I spent half of last night sitting a scarab near major wall run areas and let me tell you: people do not wall run as much as you want. the only time I saw someone some bitch on my team jumped over my scarab and killed the guy wall running whilst he himself was wall running just as I detonated it.

I don't know why I do challenges on this game they are torture

From my experience of putting cryomines on walls, the only map that they will constantly wall run on is Breakout.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The air challenges are beyond stupid. Ten triple kills with bombing streaks that are affected by spawn protection. I called in a triple bombardment on an open air hardpoint claimed by the enemy team and got zero kills :downs:

Oh and blow up ten ground based scorestreaks with air based streaks. Sure. Like pubbies call in ground based streaks? Like you're going to hit a loving Scarab with one?

I also like the buzzkill challenge on Active Camo, it's even worse than the Heat whatever one from BO3. I think it unlocks at 54? I'm like 7th prestige and I think I have 2 camo kills.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Active Camo was (still is) comically bad in Black Ops 3, it should be called 'spooky ghost mode' and last forever because all it does is turn you a bit grey. Of course I play on minimum settings so that might have something to do with it :v:

I don't know who thought the Brecci or the Ripper were good ideas but I'm still not complaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDHCEdVbBE

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So I did indeed end up double dipping on IW/MW:R, lol at my poor impulse control. Atm I have just MW:R installed due to lack of HD space though..

Mister Macys, sent you a friend request as you are the only PS4 player in the thread I think ?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Heh, there are lots of us, we just haven't really been active lately.

Send a request to the community in my profile, it'll make it easier to spam friends requests to the others.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

victrix posted:

The air challenges are beyond stupid. Ten triple kills with bombing streaks that are affected by spawn protection. I called in a triple bombardment on an open air hardpoint claimed by the enemy team and got zero kills :downs:

Oh and blow up ten ground based scorestreaks with air based streaks. Sure. Like pubbies call in ground based streaks? Like you're going to hit a loving Scarab with one?

I also like the buzzkill challenge on Active Camo, it's even worse than the Heat whatever one from BO3. I think it unlocks at 54? I'm like 7th prestige and I think I have 2 camo kills.

Feel free to remember that a trinity rockets triple kill does not count because...*shrugs*

I think only my warden and ap3x have ever counted for that?

I'm on 4/10 on air to ground. Don't expect it to be past 6/10 by the next COD.

Also the map that is in space and on fire or whatever? If you miss the ground on it and your trinity rocket goes through into space, sit tight for the time limit to run out. I just spent 10 seconds waiting for my last rocket to maybe hit space debris or infinity wards office.

E: got my scarab wall ride on Frost the very next game. I love you Frost. Got my ground streaks master card and never have to use a scarab again. I am also in love with the karma-45. It's blowing my k-bar, OSA and ripper games out of the water.

Guess as I still have to get my dragon master card...hmm...scorchers, bombardment and warden? Need a lone triple kill and 6 air to ground.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 14, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the karma45 is good, the variants are great, but I still get buttfucked by kbars and NV4s regularly :shobon:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It's not an Infinity Ward game if the ARs don't outclass SMGs.

MW3 was the last IW game with good SMGs.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
So who here will buy a few boxes if cod points are on sale this holiday? I know I will.

I also know I should really start questioning my spending habits.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I remember the Vector and pre-nerf MTAR being very good in Ghosts.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

So who here will buy a few boxes if cod points are on sale this holiday? I know I will.

bob i love you but you're bringing me down

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Joke's on you.

I already bought COD points.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

bob i love you but you're bringing me down

This is a good segue to announce that for people who are losing their edge but don't wanna play Dad CoD, there will be a no double-jump mode TDM this weekend.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/809113355730358272

also for you poopsockers who got Dark Matter for every weapon including DLC ones, there's a new BM AR in BO3

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/809156551164379136

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Speaking of double jumps, I put on propulsion for the first time in a while and my god is it absurdly powerful.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Godzilla07 posted:

also for you poopsockers who got Dark Matter for every weapon including DLC ones, there's a new BM AR in BO3

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/809156551164379136

there's a new SMG too

(I got both with my leftover keys)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Speaking of double jumps, I put on propulsion for the first time in a while and my god is it absurdly powerful.

i was running it last night and jesus christ it's

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i also realized there's a sweet spot with jumping that you can dial in where your fall speed comes close to matching (or matches) your recoil rate so correction is unnecessary on a stationary enemy or one that is moving directly towards/away from you

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Are season passes worth it? I could return my disk copy of the legacy edition and shell out for the full package on the ps4 - and it would only cost me like twenty bucks. I've never bought a multiplayer season pass so....?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

I remember the Vector and pre-nerf MTAR being very good in Ghosts.

I forgot about the MTAR. That was a solid gun, but then I switched to the Honeybadger and never looked back. Putting in a silent AR with no range penalties was not very bright.

SMGs really sucked after the Ripper came out. They tried to buff the SMGs, but they went too far and dialed it back. Even the CBJ was good for a bit. The Bizon was absurd because it received the same range buff as the other SMGs, but its rate of fire was so high it outclassed the rest.

Of course, it was only nerfed because of MLG. :negative:

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 15, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
It depends on who you play with. Usually only a small portion of goons end up getting all the DLC so you don't end up playing the new stuff anyway. If you primarily play solo or with friends who do have it then...maybe? BO3's first map pack ended up being poo poo but I liked the last 3. I think there were a couple of maps that I ended up playing a grand total of once or twice though :lol:

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I got it :shobon: I liked having other maps in blops3 when I solo'd but yeah with goons there was always someone who didn't have it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
after destiny I vowed that I would rather just take the $10 hit if everything is good and people are still playing and i haven't regretted that decision yet

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
also you will never play the maps if you try to only play with full parties, especially considering the small amount of players right now

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
everyone has left me so I'll be playing BoI, I've got a party going so if you want to play just join that and yell at me until I join

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game is dead, TF2 on Xbone is dead. :negative:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The only goon-based multiplayer I've done is mario kart. Who do I friend to join the Infinite Warfare circle jerk?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Heh, there are lots of us, we just haven't really been active lately.

Send a request to the community in my profile, it'll make it easier to spam friends requests to the others.

Sent a request as S1Nx81.

Got to say I'm liking MW:R more then IW the more I play both. IW unfortunately really doesn't have the feel of a well put together game MP wise. Blops 3 was good in this respect and I think Treyarch is now the "A team" studio wise for me at least.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Accepted; you're in.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

The only goon-based multiplayer I've done is mario kart. Who do I friend to join the Infinite Warfare circle jerk?

PS4 or Bone ?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Using the Longbow after golding the EBR was like taking off training weights

http://i.imgur.com/ZHyHnOZ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/6sbjLDM.mp4

And speaking of doubles :haw:

http://i.imgur.com/RONGpqL.mp4

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

mfny posted:

Sent a request as S1Nx81.

Got to say I'm liking MW:R more then IW the more I play both. IW unfortunately really doesn't have the feel of a well put together game MP wise. Blops 3 was good in this respect and I think Treyarch is now the "A team" studio wise for me at least.

My speculation: Ghosts 2 got cancelled so one year from the 3 YEAR DEV CYCLE went out the window. Then IW spent their time budget on single player and zombies while waiting on orders from Activision about whether to copy Black Ops 3 for MP. MWR does show its age with the speed of the game and the various quality of life improvements made in CoD since 2007, but I think the maps and gunplay are both significantly ahead of IW. (P.S. everybody I wouldn't mind if we just played Black Ops 3 for another year)

I am beginning to truly despise Frontier now that pubbies are turtling up specifically on that map. It's so closed that you can't just jump straight over the pubbies and there's only really one lane of attack. Mid-map is clunky as well.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Camo/Phase Shift, kill all pubby spawns

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Reinstalling the entire thing fixed the update failure message it kept giving me when it added the "play MWR" option this update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

Using the Longbow after golding the EBR was like taking off training weights

What's the purpose of the EBR again? I think it's supposed to be like the Barrett of old games but you can't spam the trigger? It definitely didn't feel as good as the Longbow when I used the old Epic EBR I got from a box.

MWR.gif :v:

https://fat.gfycat.com/OblongOrangeIraniangroundjay.mp4

BTW for all 3 of you that play MWR in this thread, Raven did bring flinch down to CoD4 levels, and footstep levels are back to CoD4 (Dead Silence is really muffled footsteps and soundwhoring is pretty effective.) I was able to soundwhore my way to this score tonight.

• Locked thread