Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I love this thread I'll never leave again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Streetroller posted:

Apparently CIG still haven't learned about companies picking on individuals.

I can't really imagine what's going through their minds with this poo poo.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361482/a-man-arrested

I'm not sure I understand the point of an intentionally bad PR move and increase in liability.
It's fairly possible to prove that a common person versed in understanding of the controversy of this project would know that Derek is being targeted, no?

He's not a fictional character, nor is the description something I'd consider very parody-like.

Very very dumb move, lol.

Damnit Tamras stop quantum-doxxing people this is why you got banned from the Zarflax system.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
derek tamras lmfao

oh, cig, never change

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
THIS IS SMARTA!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

One step closer to the edge
The build is gonna break

Catte taxe

Woah man, those are some suspicious lumps

check your balls

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
At first I thought it was a knee and was like "there's such a thing as double knee syndrome?"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Streetroller posted:

Apparently CIG still haven't learned about companies picking on individuals.

I can't really imagine what's going through their minds with this poo poo.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361482/a-man-arrested

I'm not sure I understand the point of an intentionally bad PR move and increase in liability.
It's fairly possible to prove that a common person versed in understanding of the controversy of this project would know that Derek is being targeted, no?

He's not a fictional character, nor is the description something I'd consider very parody-like.

Very very dumb move, lol.

that thread is great

lol

nice modding

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

wait is the SC version of the internet called "The Spectrum"?

if so lol, maybe even lmao

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

darkarchon posted:

One step closer to the edge
The build is gonna break

Catte taxe

ISU-152?

I always thought they were bigger.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

nopantsjack posted:

wait is the SC version of the internet called "The Spectrum"?

if so lol, maybe even lmao

Yup lol the artists are a cheeky bunch what with the honesty knob.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Mr Fronts posted:

ISU-152?

I always thought they were bigger.

think its the 122

edit: is it the su-152?

Gradis fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 15, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Raskolnikov posted:

This is a good post. Also watch part 1 to learn about Doom 4's development hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoVQWnSOfM&t=537s

I just watched all 3 parts of this. It's great. Even just the portion about how much thought went into the music design makes it seem like ID put more effort into that than CIG has put into Star Citizen's main game play mechanics.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

At first I thought it was a knee and was like "there's such a thing as double knee syndrome?"

do you have an issue with the back of my hand :colbert:

It's SU-122-1

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Actually that Dr. Tamras to you.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is it technically still an anagram if you add a letter?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I think the one message that just can't seem to get from the goons to the brown sea is that it's not the buggy non-game that people get upset about, it's the lying, dishonesty, and misrepresentation.

If Chris had just been up front and said look we did some testing and CryEngine isn't going to work and it's going to take 5+ years to develop the tech, it would have sucked but we would have respected the honesty.

Instead they've just doubled down on scumminess every step of the way

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Went to see Rogue one.

Lots of things for crobbler to steal.

Paper and crayons in cinema.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Milky Moor posted:

derek tamras lmfao

oh, cig, never change

I bet it's meant to be "a Derek Smart" and TBH I'm surprised Derek hasn't sued them over it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The DS thing is a bit (very) on the nose. It's also really wankerish and pathetic and anyone who thinks it's funny is probably beyond redemption.

And I think Derek is a prat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amarcarts posted:

I think the one message that just can't seem to get from the goons to the brown sea is that it's not the buggy non-game that people get upset about, it's the lying, dishonesty, and misrepresentation.

If Chris had just been up front and said look we did some testing and CryEngine isn't going to work and it's going to take 5+ years to develop the tech, it would have sucked but we would have respected the honesty.

Exactly. CIG is not a trustworthy company. Chris and Sandi are not trustworthy people. I suspect both lie to themselves more than anyone else, but they're still liars and frauds. Whatever Star Citizen ends up being, whether that's a lovely over-hyped game or a complete failure, it's not going to be what people want. That's why I requested a refund and finally accepted that there is no hope of anything worthwhile.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

The DS thing is a bit (very) on the nose. It's also really wankerish and pathetic and anyone who thinks it's funny is probably beyond redemption.

And I think Derek is a prat.

Chris probably thought it was hilarious.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris probably thought it was hilarious.

Chris strikes me as a man with the mental age of a seven year old. He's never had an original thought in his career, and he has the morals of a child who steals cookies and blames it on their baby sister.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

CIG is only few steps away from making crayon drawings of Derek Smart As A Poopy Head.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I also think the brown sea doesn't realize Derek is just one of the louder, weirder goons rather than our actual leader.

hail Derek, hand of Lowtax

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CIG's pettiness is peach.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Very professional of them

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Derek Tamras was right.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Derek and Jalad at Tamras, his arms crossed. :colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Went to see Rogue one.

Lots of things for crobbler to steal.

Paper and crayons in cinema.

"Listen, uhm....I...WE....need this...tech, you know. To...aahhh....make people......YOUNG...and old....uhm, but not at the same time....

...and ALIVE! Uhm...like...when they're already dead. So....when can I have it? Two weeks?"

Movie was good fun. Went in with no expectations whatsoever, and was entertained quite well. All the fan service was quite nice.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

tuo posted:

"Listen, uhm....I...WE....need this...tech, you know. To...aahhh....make people......YOUNG...and old....uhm, but not at the same time....

...and ALIVE! Uhm...like...when they're already dead. So....when can I have it? Two weeks?"

Movie was good fun. Went in with no expectations whatsoever, and was entertained quite well. All the fan service was quite nice.

The KOTOR fan service made me grin like a child.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Crobberts chose to do Squadron 42 first and only really sabotaged the PU with bad management decisions but didn't take an active role in developing it. This isn't what has been presented to backers though so backers don't believe it even though every indication and leak points right to that fact.

That's why they released 2.0 a year late and Crobberts was bewildered by the PU he hadn't ever seen before 3 years into development. Because he's been on Squadron 42.

And another year later he now needs to milk what he has (Cryengine PU) to try and fund what he has been working on the whole time, Squadron 42. If he were actually involved in the development and making good decisions he would have either not used cryengine in the first place or at the very least stopped using it early on once he saw the difficulties with using it. Now they are forced to use it.

Luckily you can surpass your engine's limitations if you make a series of fake demos and showcase non-existent technology through smoke and mirrors that you don't technically say is real. That rich vein of autism might be about out though. I could be wrong on that one though since I didn't expect that obviously fake development tracker to do gangbusters. I've also been saying all year that they could just copy the stanton system with some slightly different cosmetics and come up with a jump point transition and have a huge funding impact when whales "finally see the verse taking shape" or whatever now that "The game has doubled in size :smug:"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Xaerael posted:

The KOTOR fan service made me grin like a child.

Young Evazan and Ponda Boba was when couldn't help but actually lol, out of nerdy delight, and I try everything to by quiet in cinemas normally

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

golf

swing

is

in

By deleting NPCs they are well on their way to getting that 9:1 NPC/player ratio. This is good for star citizen.

Star Citizen: I just want my $3500 video game

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

goth smoking cloves posted:

I don't agree with everything FYAD is saying but, some of you are taking internet spaceships way too seriously. Please talk to people irl or go for a walk or something.

It's what happens when you let the J4G's run the place.

it's already too late for this sub forum. But we can use it as an example of how not to do things going forward.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

Yes, again. Last post from a dev at the RSI forums is from 3 days ago (1week if you don't count customer support responses). Looks like a comms curfew of some kind is in place. Keeping an eventual SQ42 demo tight I would understand. But no info on the upcoming sale is just weird.

Wait. Are you telling me CONTENT has been pushed back again? What about NETWORK!?!?!?

It's great that they released that tracker during a sale and we are already at the next sale and it hasn't been right from the start. Maybe this scammy poo poo happening closer and closer together will start making some whales realize it.

"What? No game? Here's CONTENT and NETWORK! It's coming in two weeks. Buy Ships. Feel free to be smug shitlords about this!"
"Hey thanks for all the ships, it's been two weeks. We need a couple more for CONTENT. Thank you!"
"Hey we selling more ships. Look at how awesome CONTENT will be! NETWORK will be amazing!"

At least in defense of the backers there was 4-5 months between the fake gamescom demo and smug shitlording and the complete reversal. Citcon was 3ish months between lies+smug shitlording and reality. Backers apparently don't see any red flags with the only new things to the game being new ways to be tricked into spending money in faster and faster ways though.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
did someone say cuntent yet

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I've also been saying all year that they could just copy the stanton system with some slightly different cosmetics and come up with a jump point transition and have a huge funding impact when whales "finally see the verse taking shape" or whatever now that "The game has doubled in size :smug:"

This makes a lot of sense and would fit perfectly with CIG tactics so far. My only guess is that they haven't been able to accomplish it, no matter how easy it might seem.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

"Look the only reason Star Citizen posters get penalized more is because they tend to be more inflammatory and make personal attacks."
"gently caress you that's bullshit you gay oval office."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Get a earfund.