Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Tempest_56 posted:

We started with Endir, then got Nidr, then Kir, so the only logical thing is to keep the trend going. The ship is obviously the Ir.

Changing my vote to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

thetruegentleman posted:

Endir is probably a distortion of Ejnir, or, "lone warrior/army", Nidr is probably a distortion of Nidhoggr, the dragon that lives beneath the roots of the world tree(and makes the soil fertile, I think? It would connect to him as being a father), and Kir probably means either far-sighted or sun (the former being more obvious, considering how he's supposed to be the intuitive one of the group).

So basically, maybe it should be Norse themed in that case, like Fafnir, or Ymir,

I don't know what a Setsuna is, but it's not Norse. And Julienne are a type of fries. So by that logic we should be naming the ship Chip, Curly, Deep Fry or maybe Poutine.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
No no, Julie isn't spiteful enough, go for Jules. Really rub in that commoner slang all the royals hate.

She's the only royal, right? If she hates it I'm not wrong to say all of them.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I don't know what a Setsuna is, but it's not Norse.

It's a small fruit similar to a tangerine.

(It means "momentary" or "fleeting" in Japanese.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Given how many monsters we've had to fight that are based on sea animals, I think we should call it the Hindenburg, just in case we eventually have to fight a huge manatee.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I don't know what a Setsuna is, but it's not Norse. And Julienne are a type of fries. So by that logic we should be naming the ship Chip, Curly, Deep Fry or maybe Poutine.

The females aren't, which is why I didn't mention them: Aeterna (who's name is obviously related to time) and Julienne (who's name is probably related either to Julius, as in the emperor, or Jupiter, who's the king of the gods) are both Latin, while Setsuna is (obviously) Japanese.

I'm fairly certain none of them are named after food.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Throwing my hat in for Julie.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Ir

its clearly too late, but throwing my hat in

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

DeafNote posted:

Ir

its clearly too late, but throwing my hat in

And the only speeds the ship goes are Voy, Vas, Va, Vamos, Vais, and Van.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Schlong is the only funny one so far, you guys all suck at this.

Here, have an airship name generator to get some ideas that don't suck

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Well since this ship is such a shadowy figure, stalking the night sky with no one able to see the goddamn thing, I'd say it's like some kind of Batman.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

This air ship is going to be so helpful, it's gonna be like our good Air Bud.

What do you mean that's already a thing

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Going with Fafnir

I liked that name a lot

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So plugging Diange into google translate told me it's Chinese for "song" and a little more searching gave it as a Mandarin word. I could not even begin to guess why Endir, who seems to live in a world of mostly Scandinavian named people with some Japanese and French thrown in, would come up with a Chinese name as his first choice for an airship.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

No no, Julie isn't spiteful enough, go for Jules. Really rub in that commoner slang all the royals hate.

She's the only royal, right? If she hates it I'm not wrong to say all of them.

For more fun, we could go with the CrownJules.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Can we hipster the nullified Epoch idea and call it the Silvird

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

I'm partial to Angelus if only because Drakengard.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Julie please!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

U-DO Burger posted:

Not Shithog? Shameful.

Changed my mind. Do this instead.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 15, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Not Shithog? Shameful.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Julie for Maximum Spite.

Airships aren't royalty after all. Plus it's technically Kir's idea :v:

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
It's clearly called the Trebuchet.

No, Endir will not let that go. His plan would've worked dammit!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Elite posted:

No, Endir will not let that go. His plan would've worked dammit!

If we can't have Epoch we can at least let Endir have this.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Elite posted:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
:frogsiren: TIME TO VOTE! :frogsiren:

Alright. Enough suggests. Down to democracy. Vote in here:

CLICK TO VOTE!

Don't fail me like the American election.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Both of Julie and Trebuchet are good, but Ir has to win people. I mean c'mon now.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Trebuchet is just the most in character for Endir.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Trebuchet has the most potential of making Endir completely insufferably smug, but they're all bad choices and I'm sad that it's 2016 and we can't name our airships after dicks anymore.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
As much as I adore Julie and Ir, Trebuchet is just too perfect to pass up.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I honestly just want the reaction of all characters for a stupid name and all these sound pretty good for that. If I could I would've suggest "Nidr's your dad", but shortening it to 10 characters looks stupid and gives me trouble pronouncing it as one word.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I suppose Kir will be more likely to support this version of Trebuchet, since he'd be producing ammunition (fiery, burning ammunition) rather than BECOMING ammunition.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Part XXXVI-2: Flight Club

Music: A Moment of Respite

Hmm... You know, the first thing that popped into my mind was... Diange?
Diange? The heck is that?
I don’t know! Bad brain fart...
That’s terrible.
I know. I know! Let me think a minute... Err... Hmm. I suppose Julie is off the table, huh?
*unimpressed stare* You would be correct.
Whatabout “Jules”?
*unimpressed stare* See my previous response.
C’mon, Endir. Stop screwing around!
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize “help me think of a name” actually meant “Endir think of a name while Kir puts on a ponderous expression and considers the different ways he could burn a village to the ground and make it look like an accident.”
Wait! What about... Ir?
...Ir?
Well, I’m Endir. You’re Kir. We’ve got a Nidr. There’s kind of a theme going on with the naming here. Just reaching its natural conclusion...
...Except for the part where half of our party isn’t following that.
I don’t know. I kind of like it... But...
Yeah... Well... Hmm. I suppose it wouldn’t do to name it after just the guys on staff’s naming scheme, huh?
That’s very progressive of you, Endir. Could we hurry th—
Oh... OH! OHHHHHHHH!!! I’ve got it! This is perfect. Absolutely PERFECT!
*inhales and grins* Clearly... this ship should be named...

This was originally just my veto name if all of your suggestions were garbage. Honestly, I’m disappointed how long it took someone else to suggest it so I could pretend the whole naming process was democratic. :v:

Good grief.
...You can’t be serious.
*beaming grin* I have never been more serious in my life.
Excuse me? Why... Trebuchet? I feel as though I am missing something vital.
Oh... That’s right. You’ve been bonkers since the mountain peak. Yeah, the land leading to the Last Lands is kinda... goneish. So I had the absolutely brilliant plan of...
She doesn’t need to hear the whole ca—
...building a catapult.
...A catapult?
Yeah, so we were gonna take Kir and tie a rop—
*sweats* You know what?

*puffs up* I hereby name this ship... Trebuchet!
*nods in approval* The form is different but the spirit is the same.
...I’m still not sure I understand but...
*looks back, frowns, and mouths “just go with it” to Julienne*

A fine name indeed.
Ain’t that a li’l tacky soundin’? It is the legendary airship of an ancient royal family, after all...
*death glare at Nidr* Oh? That right, Nidr? What would you prefer? The Deadbeat Dad? Secret Papa? Chil—
...What?
*sweats* ...T-Then again, ain’t all ship names kinda tacky? Heh... Yeah... Yeah... So, Trebuchet, eh? Ha...

*nods* I think it’s a good name.

Alright, let’s do this thing! Onward, Trebuchet!

New Music: Towards the Distant Horizon
(It’s a pretty good airship flying theme!)

This thing pretty much flies itself!
Akash did help us out back there, so we oughta give him a ride sometime soon...
Is that some kinda bad joke? That poo poo covered hobo is NOT stepping foot on this airship...
Who is Akash?
I just said: a poo poo covered hobo.
That is not the most informative description.
I mean... literally. He’s a vagrant out of work shipwright who covers himself in monster fecal matter and other vague "bodily fluids" as he put it.
W-Why...?
Severe untreated mental illness. Don’t worry about it. We’re NOT picking that idiot up.
A’ight. Fine, then. If not Akash, who’s gonna pilot this thing?

Endir... I would like you to pilot the ship.
I think Endir would be best for the job, too. He always stays calm, no matter what.
Yeah, I suppose... I’m a little jealous, but I can’t argue with that!
Well, I was gonna be the one to launch Kir on the old catapult plan. Seems only nature I take this job too.
I have to hear the details about this... prior plan of yours at some point.
*frown* No you don’t...

Yup! It’s been a long journey!
Mm...
Now we can finally get across.
Let’s go... to the Last Lands...
Mhm. But first... Everyone please buckle up.
W-why?
Does this thing even have seatbelts?
...What’s a seatbelt?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And that concludes Chapter 11 of I Am Setsuna. We now have access to an airship marking the official beginning of the end game, as per RPG tradition. With it, we can return to any previous area we’ve explored with ease, as well as venture forth to several new areas. And of course, we can go to The Last Lands straight away to start the actual end game.

Additionally, we now have the World Key which can be used to unlock all the Silver Chests scattered throughout the world as well as activate a few challenge dungeon areas. Now while there are some sidequests (which are yet to be unlocked) that would take us back to previous areas; MOST of the Silver Chests in the world are in previous combat heavy areas and dungeons which we’d have no other reason to ever return to... As such, I’m gonna have a stream of taking a return tour through the game grabbing all the newly unlocked loot. Cuz that’d be kinda boring to just do by myself and hell if I’m writing a trip report on unlocking a bunch of chests.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 29, 2017

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
That stream sounds like it would be a blast to watch, but will it be recorded for those of us who can't see it live?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
That is a catchy airship theme I will admit

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Snow Chronicles 10: The Chronicles of Rhydderch

Music: The Scent of the Sea

That is another short chapter down. And with it comes yet another tiny lil’ Snow Chronicles update. We’ve seen almost 3/4ths of the locations in the game and met the vast majority of the characters. Yet we’ve only seen around 50% of the monsters and treasure chests. I’m pretty sure I know why those numbers are off... And I’m not looking forward to filling ‘em. But we’ll worry about that later...

He is knowledge and wisdom of the ancient kingdom incarnate... who only bestowed his car keys and “yo watch out for the end boss” to the only remaining member of the royal bloodline. You could have stuck a signpost and some pre-recorded messages and saved this old fart a ton of trouble.

The bee arms race going on with these bearmen is frankly terrifying. God help us if one of them taps into the arcane lost arts of the “wasp”.

Some people in the thread were defending strawberry ice cream. These people are living a life of broken taste buds able to accept the vile artificial flavoring of that dire variety of ice cream. Repent your ways. :v:

Look, Takeshi was REALLY proud of the squirrel handstand animation and just wouldn’t back down from including all these iterations of it. Just let him have this...

I liked the Snecter color palette more. This just looks like a Snecter got a can brown of paint dropped on it and it cannot be bothered to go take a bath.

Rhydderch Hael (Welsh: Rhydderch the Generous, fl. 580 – c. 614) was a ruler of Alt Clut, a Brittonic kingdom in the Hen Ogledd or "Old North" of Britain. He was one of the most famous kings in the Hen Ogledd, and appears frequently in later medieval works in Welsh and Latin.

Deermon... I still hate that name. It doesn’t even look like a deer besides the antlers and hoofs. Deer don’t have bushy old man eyebrows! That’s fuckin’ ridiculous! Absurd!

Seriously, this thing took the wrong turn at the audition for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, right? The hell is it doing in this game?

This relic was recovered ruins of the ancient kingdom, carefully analyzed, and then shipped into a sealed ruin of the ancient kingdom and remained there until Endir blundered into it while exploring. Such is the life of fantasy swords. That said, I did like this dumbass Tron blade and the name Robo-God.

It also emits in excess of 100 rads of radiation at all times.

I’ll have to remember to use this sometime, since it does sound pretty metal. I know I’ll just be disappointed when it’s just a DBZ power-up aura and some colored numbers popping out of Julienne’s head.

Uhh... can we have a citation on where those researchers learned that last bulletin point? Cuz we just met a guy from the ancient civilization and he was an old dude that spoke English the common tongue.

Idiot rural villagers send young women to go die in mysterious land under unknown circumstances. It’s probably fine. Probably...

Personally, I would have taken the crappy early game airship that cannot pass mountains and the like. Old RPGs did that. It was fine. You get the one that can go anywhere in the end game and it was rad. Progression of powers is a good thing.

And that’s a wrap for this bite-sized chapter. Next time we’ll be taking a trip Between Dreams and Reality. At least, that’s what the chapter title says!

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 29, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The Dark Id posted:

Deermon... I still hate that name. It doesn’t even look like a deer besides the antlers and hoofs. Deer don’t have bushy old man eyebrows! That’s fuckin’ ridiculous! Absurd!
They really wanted to put that Deer Demon->Deermon pun in there. I'm certain that's the only reason it's not called Goat Demon, even though that is what it actually resembles.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think Summoniels are killing the Deermon industry since they can just spawn infinite of them.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This game has no idea how crossbows work :psyduck:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Nidr is never unequipping that log.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Dark Id posted:

Some people in the thread were defending strawberry ice cream. These people are living a life of broken taste buds able to accept the vile artificial flavoring of that dire variety of ice cream. Repent your ways. :v:
Well there's your problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Looking at these notes and thinking back on past notes, especially with the weapons, I feel this game enjoys using the term "magical energy" a bit too much.

The Dark Id posted:

That said, I did this dumbass Tron blade and the name Robo-God.

• Locked thread