Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

CHECK OUT THAT FUCKIN' MONKEY ERRIS SNIPE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ1hFUb_B1U

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

alf_pogs posted:

great post

part of the joy of this thread for me now, is that i think derek is of a similar nature but he has "turned to the dark side". it's just words on words on words from both sides, massive, colossal nitpicky arguments

it's fun to watch two word clouds smash into one another

I'm clouds. Derek is windmills. Get that right.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

Erris is a moron.

'3.0 is done. 2.6 is still being worked on though but yeah 3.0 is pretty much done.'

the guys that can barely mod cryengine after more than four years and are struggling to release an embarrassing team deathmatch mode that looks like a 2010 early access game that is outclassed by decade old team deathmatch games have totally created amazing things that are already done and are surely coming.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The amount of nerd rage you could harvest with that setup almost justifies the wrist trauma

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Xaerael posted:

CHECK OUT THAT FUCKIN' MONKEY ERRIS SNIPE!

:golfclap:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're a fart cloud, derek is a broken handheld fan.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can't be arsed to go through your post history. Did you accept the bet I made?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I'm with Erris on this one: Jesus was born on the 25th, so it's fair that the Jesus patch will follow the same timeline.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

JugbandDude posted:

I'm with Erris on this one: Jesus was born on the 25th, so it's fair that the Jesus patch will follow the same timeline.

Please stop doxxing Jesus.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Morningwoodpecker posted:

You only asked for a refund 2 days ago, that makes you 48 hours more enlightened than Erris who you are now getting all cross with.

This, and also Beer you need to GET MAD. Use Pgabs as your inspiration. I don't know if you think getting mad is something only dumbs do, or you have a view of the world where logic rules everything, or you think CIG WINS if they make you mad.

Put your emotions into this son. GET MAD GET ANGRY and let it out. The reason that you were stuck in denial forever and is actually still in denial now is because you never got mad

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Xaerael posted:

Please stop doxxing Jesus.

Sorry, INRI. I will call my parents to make up for it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809473162513629184

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 15, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Hey Derek, you should fix the meta description tags on your site so the preview text for these links isn't so silly.

I know, it's hilarious. I keep forgetting to fix that. :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The company known wide and far for never meeting any of their self imposed deadlines , will now suddenly release not 1 but 2 patches at once ?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Please shut the gently caress up unless you're going to drop some truth bombs

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sappo569 posted:

The company known wide and far for never meeting any of their self imposed deadlines , will now suddenly release not 1 but 2 patches at once ?

There's precedent, and there's evidence that they could do it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
how many new builds will have to be downloaded during the livestream tomorrow lol

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sappo569 posted:

Seriously Derek no one gives a poo poo over here. Have fun trolling r/ds, the most easily trolled people on the planet. If you got something, cool share it and reap the warlord. But otherwise shut the gently caress up.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This documentary on DOOM is fascinating. Thanks for linking it.

No problem commando o9

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
how many days late are they for releasing 2.6 to live now

like didn't their original one say something like 11/22 or whatever

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

Well they updated the schedule every time they missed the date so technically they never missed the date

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

D_Smart posted:

[SNIP] they can't reconcile the fact that someone can still be truthful and objective, while at the same time having a dissenting opinion.

Derek, you've just described 99% of the internet ;)

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

Their original Live date was June of 2016. Then we were gonna see a "sneak peek maybe" at Gamescom in August. Then nothing until the internal schedule report which had it going Live 12/6/2016.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Foo Diddley posted:

Well they updated the schedule every time they missed the date so technically they never missed the date

I know you are being sarcastic but that's literally the reasoning over there.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:toot: *Things* :toot:

I am excited!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheLightPurges posted:

I know you are being sarcastic but that's literally the reasoning over there.

Wonder how well they'd tolerate that sort of poo poo from anyone else

Like, the pizza place calling them up every half hour to tell them "actually we've changed the schedule on your delivery"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

It figures you'd vape.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

Wonder how well they'd tolerate that sort of poo poo from anyone else

Like, the pizza place calling them up every half hour to tell them "actually we've changed the schedule on your delivery"

"I'm sorry, I know you said you wanted pineapple, but we're not quite done with that yet so we're going to put regular apple on there instead." :argh:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheLightPurges posted:

Seriously Derek no one gives a poo poo over here. Have fun trolling r/ds, the most easily trolled people on the planet. If you got something, cool share it and reap the warlord. But otherwise shut the gently caress up.

Amen to this. Jesus.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xaerael posted:

As much as I'd love it to be, the name thing isn't breaking any laws. It's (poo poo) satire. If it was breaking any laws, SA would have been shut down years ago. It's just very childish and stupid to mock your critics. The noble choice is to ignore and move on, but CIG just loves sending up big "troll us please, we react in stupid ways" red balloons.

Much like this thread.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

Depends on which schedule you're going by.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I agree erris is going to shift soon. He is starting to see the same things we're seeing. He sees the separate tech demos and he saw the sq 42 'footage'. Except where in reality CIG wasted all their money on vacations, furniture, mocap, hiring-firing-rehiring to the ground, his version of reality is 'CIG HAS to have been making 3.0 secretly because all we've seen so far...sucks.'

The thing is these people are very vindictive, but they are entirely powerless to do any real world anything. What they do is make a post on RSI, get banned/moved to concern. Go complain a bit on reddit, gets downvoted, then they finally come here and try to sound like a smart guy that didn't get scammed until they give up and get a refund. That's all they will do and have been doing.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Beet Wagon posted:

"I'm sorry, I know you said you wanted pineapple, but we're not quite done with that yet so we're going to put regular apple on there instead." :argh:

Regular apples did not work out, we are refactoring to actual pines. You're welcome.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

HKS posted:

I agree erris is going to shift soon. He is starting to see the same things we're seeing. He sees the separate tech demos and he saw the sq 42 'footage'. Except where in reality CIG wasted all their money on vacations, furniture, mocap, hiring-firing-rehiring to the ground, his version of reality is 'CIG HAS to have been making 3.0 secretly because all we've seen so far...sucks.'

The thing is these people are very vindictive, but they are entirely powerless to do any real world anything. What they do is make a post on RSI, get banned/moved to concern. Go complain a bit on reddit, gets downvoted, then they finally come here and try to sound like a smart guy that didn't get scammed until they give up and get a refund. That's all they will do and have been doing.

He wears a bowtie casually and has to drink 3-4 beers to have a Skype conversation with someone. Hes in til the bitter end.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tarquinn posted:

Regular apples did not work out, we are refactoring to actual pines. You're welcome.

Actual Pines aren't really available right now so we just sprayed the pizza down with PineSol. Which is our MVP enjoy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

He wears a bowtie casually and has to drink 3-4 beers to have a Skype conversation with someone. Hes in til the bitter end.

To be fair I'd need a lot more than that to Skype with those guys for hours

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

To be fair I'd need a lot more than that to Skype with those guys for hours

True. I rescind my statement.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sappo569 posted:

Or comedy. I'll take cat or kayak posts too. I really enjoy the Titanic's saucy pictures as well. Marching Powder at least delivered consistent melt downs. MoMA is actually funny now and Derek is still Derek, although, I'm holding out hope that one day his posts will be fun and good.

If his gimmick is pulling a Lucy on this thread forever then that's pretty funny I guess but that's dependant on other people being upset to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Raskolnikov posted:

Or comedy. I'll take cat or kayak posts too. I really enjoy the Titanic's saucy pictures as well. Marching Powder at least delivered consistent melt downs. MoMA is actually funny now and Derek is still Derek, although, I'm holding out hope that one day his posts will be fun and good.

If his gimmick is pulling a Lucy on this thread forever then that's pretty funny I guess but that's dependant on other people being upset to deliver.

I'm pretty sure he knows something that would be interesting but he doesn't have much else and hes just lording over it for attention.