Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

eric is the one that sounds like a perpetually bemused wise wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

As I've said before in this thread, Stephen is the one that you would associate with the term 'noted coward'.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Stairmaster posted:

Thank you for this new mental image

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Here's how I audibly differentiate the four Fat Pals:

Andrew Jupin opens each episode and has the strongest 'radio voice' with a bold and consistent tenor; probably the one who enjoys the "wrong syllable pronunciation" and "inventing a jargony term for a mundane film phenom" the most, but possibly tied with Sajdak

Stephen Sajdak has a higher, faster tone of voice with a bit of scratchiness; like Jupin he has a lot of the same NY-isms/WHM-isms in his speech, but he may do their "slowly describe something then end with an incredulous emphasis on the last one or two words" more often than Andrew, question mark? He's definitely the Bit-Maker of the cast and the most likely to go into long absurdist derails, bizarre original characters, and celebrity impressions, and is a mighty giggler

Eric Szyszka I'd describe as low and flat, but really

Stairmaster posted:

is about perfect. He's more likely to listen to Andrew and Stephen go off on something, then swing in for one last high-concept punchline; he also seems to be the bigger Star Wars fan of the bunch, but from the older school of Star Wars fans, the type who would never put a sticker on their car of Darth Vader and Leia with Droids or whatever , but knows all the names and most of the backstories of the bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back

Total Babe Chris Cabin has a really crisp voice that almost sounds out of place, but that may be because I'm a recent listener so I've heard him far, far less than the others. He's normally pretty flat, but gets into an almost desperate and gasping inflection when he starts ranting; not sure how I'd describe his comedy stylings to be honest

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Isn't it Szyszka that pronounces poo poo wrong all the time? He does it on BIOOS too.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

ravenkult posted:

Isn't it Szyszka that pronounces poo poo wrong all the time? He does it on BIOOS too.

Generally it's Jupin who does it. Vill-ANE, PRO-grum, jew-ELS. Also has a tendency to say out-RAGEOUS and BONE CHILLING.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Now I just imagine Eric as the bemused wizard, sitting back in a nice chair with a drink in hand, letting everyone run through a tangental joke, then with a friendly smirk and a twinkle in his eye, capping everything off with the perfect punchline.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They start off every episode by saying who they are. How is this so hard for people to follow?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Evil Mastermind posted:

Now I just imagine Eric as the bemused wizard, sitting back in a nice chair with a drink in hand, letting everyone run through a tangental joke, then with a friendly smirk and a twinkle in his eye, capping everything off with the perfect punchline.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Generally it's Jupin who does it. Vill-ANE, PRO-grum, jew-ELS. Also has a tendency to say out-RAGEOUS and BONE CHILLING.

My favourite is from one of the oldest episodes, Congo. Don Baker really wants those "Di-ah-monds"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I really don't know where we all got it from, but their voices are pretty easy distinguishable from each other.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

JT Smiley posted:

They start off every episode by saying who they are. How is this so hard for people to follow?

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

JT Smiley posted:

listen to a loving podcast sometime

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Baka-nin posted:

My favourite is from one of the oldest episodes, Congo. Don Baker really wants those "Di-ah-monds"

I wish I could tell you how I found the podcast but that's the first episode I heard, and it was like the third episode overall.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JT Smiley posted:

Every New Yorker without one of the stereotypical accents from the burroughs sounds the same.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Oh they sound totally different, but its hard to keep track of the names when all four of them are talking at roughly the same time.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Stairmaster posted:

Holy gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how these days every episode starts with the sound of someone opening a beer. Gonna go ahead and assume it's Jupin, he seems to be the one who most often mentions "Sunday hangover movie".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
My first episode was the Foodfight episode, linked from the Foodfight thread (anyone have that link handy btw) and was hooked forever from the moment I heard their Wilford Brimley impression during the promo for their Cocoon 2 Live Show.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

it ok it on their patron, i feel the hardcore DBZ fans that think the anime is a great work of art are already droping 50 dollors on sword art online abridge and a alt right podcast.

but then agian a podcast of 4 new yorkers who are open about being very liberal did have trump supporters on their patron.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

it ok it on their patron, i feel the hardcore DBZ fans that think the anime is a great work of art are already droping 50 dollors on sword art online abridge and a alt right podcast.

but then agian a podcast of 4 new yorkers who are open about being very liberal did have trump supporters on their patron.
What?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cyron posted:

Did you have a stroke buddy? :ohdear:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Cyron posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

the only issue i ever have with them "politicaly"(i agree with their politics mostly) is that stephen goes off about it too much, like yeah we get it steph.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

My first episode was the Foodfight episode, linked from the Foodfight thread (anyone have that link handy btw) and was hooked forever from the moment I heard their Wilford Brimley impression during the promo for their Cocoon 2 Live Show.

It's due to that thread that episode even exists

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I like the I, Frankenstein episode where they repeatedly refer to having sex with Aaron Eckhart's Frankenstein (ie hollywood hunk Aaron Eckhart with some minor stitches on his face) as a "monster mash", and say the word 'gargoyles' so many times that it ceases to mean anything.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Calaveron posted:

That was the exact reason I started listening too! I enjoyed it at first, but what really got me hooked was the goofy Matthew Broderick impressions a few episodes later on Godzilla.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I think I got in on the Green Lantern live episode, which is a weird entry point but ho boy what a time!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to tell them to watch the one where goku and piccolo learn to drive.

e: gently caress someone already told them

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 17, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

bobkatt013 posted:

It's due to that thread that episode even exists

It was called in by a goon? I didn't know that!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigglesSWE posted:

It was called in by a goon? I didn't know that!

Yep. This one in fact

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep. This one in fact.

Fuckin' mean, man.

Also, I found out this year that there exists a Jack the Ripper movie starring Malcolm McDowell and "Now We're Talking" David Warner. :allears:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ZakAce posted:

Fuckin' mean, man.

Also, I found out this year that there exists a Jack the Ripper movie starring Malcolm McDowell and "Now We're Talking" David Warner. :allears:

Time After Time rules.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wish I could tell you how I found the podcast but that's the first episode I heard, and it was like the third episode overall.

Nice, looks like someone got in on the ground floor.

For me the first episode I listened too was I come In Peace, I had never heard of it but an late 80's/early 9's action sci fi flick staring Dolph Lundgren and a drug dealing ET, struck me as a film that deserved to e more well known. I then picked some of the more obscure films randomly (the descriptions on the episode list helped) and was hooked.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Time After Time rules.

I love that he finds a body all torn to pieces and gets all sad/mad when he thinks its his love interest, but when they find out its just her roommate, everyone is all, "oh, thank god, well, lets be happy now", even though someone is still dead and ripped apart. Its some cold and funny poo poo.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

New episode is live.

It stars

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man, now I'm tempted to watch this alleged entire season of Tim Allen dealing with his son being g-g-g-goth!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Describing Last Man Standing as 'he tricked America into letting him do that again' was the most accurate thing they've said in ages.

'is he the last MAN standing? Because he's in a house run by women!'

'Oh no! NO! They did it!"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The only difference is Home Improvement was apolitical and Last Man Standing is all about SAWFT college libtards and BACK IN MY DAY and WHERE HAVE ALL THE REAL MEN GONE?

He's Archie Bunker with no redeeming qualities.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

Oh man, now I'm tempted to watch this alleged entire season of Tim Allen dealing with his son being g-g-g-goth!!!!

I just remember it being a lot of wholesome versions of teens gonna teen, like the mom being all sad because he wanted to go do things with out her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'll actually defend Home Improvement, because usually they were decent about making the jokes half "Tim is right and this thing he's upset about is dumb" and half "Tim's actually an idiot and his wife/friend/whatever has to explain to him to be a not-lovely person." Most of the 'man stuff' was just 'I wanna work on my car and play with my tools'. In Last Man he's basically just angrily reading Breitbart articles while a laugh track plays.