Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

To be fair I'd need a lot more than that to Skype with those guys for hours
GBH maybe? I am not sure that'd be strong enough.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

To be fair I'd need a lot more than that to Skype with those guys for hours

I'm thinking whiskey with everclear as a chaser

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A gun to my head, if I'm being perfectly honest.

There's no amount of alcohol that wouldn't result in me rolling my eyes so hard I pulled a muscle if I had to skype with those weirdos.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

A gun to my head, if I'm being perfectly honest.

There's no amount of alcohol that wouldn't result in me rolling my eyes so hard I pulled a muscle if I had to skype with those weirdos.

Sometimes their videos get tens of hundreds of views! (From this thread.)

Are you saying they're impossible to watch?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Sometimes their videos get tens of hundreds of views! (From this thread.)

Are you saying they're impossible to watch?

The most time I've ever spent watching anything made by those dudes is when goons were invading Dolvak's twitch stream earlier this year.

INN is so embarassing I can't believe Crobber hasn't sent Lando over there to bust some heads yet, really.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
mods please tane my name to a casual bowtie tia

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

mods please tane my name to a casual bowtie tia

TheAgent's casual bowtie

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm thinking whiskey with everclear as a chaser

Also I'd wear a lovely little bowtie and just repeat everything Erris says in a whiney voice

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

By the way, speaking of that Doom Resurrected video posted earlier, the documentary previous to that one (on Rocket League) has this this little gem in it, about 10 minutes in:

“If you just focus on your dream game, well, I've seen so many other studios try this and make their dream game, but you just get two or three shots at that, and you blow all your money and then you're out of business.”

Wise words from someone who got their start with modding UT…

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
wish I had more for you guys lately but the well has kinda run dry

I'm going to another xmas party tonight and will report back anything new from drunk ex employees

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

wish I had more for you guys lately but the well has kinda run dry

I'm going to another xmas party tonight and will report back anything new from drunk ex employees

Or you could just enjoy the party

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd shill for SC for a nice 6 figgie slave wage

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

Or you could just enjoy the party
talking poo poo is half the fun

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

how many days late are they for releasing 2.6 to live now

like didn't their original one say something like 11/22 or whatever

Didn't you hear? Nobody cares about 2.6 anymore, we're all about 3.0. Coming in two weeks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:nexus:

Sappo569 posted:

Please shut the gently caress up unless you're going to drop some truth bombs

TheLightPurges posted:

Seriously Derek no one gives a poo poo over here. Have fun trolling r/ds, the most easily trolled people on the planet. If you got something, cool share it and reap the warlord. But otherwise shut the gently caress up.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 15, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pretty depressing that the most recent terrible fan film to come out of /r/starcitizen is miles better than anything CIG has ever put out.

Why did I ever give these people money...

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

poo poo

or

get

off

the

pot

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

rebellions games are built on hope

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

unfortunately I'm seeing the new star wars tomorrow around the same time as the live stream

hosed up if true.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

I am worried about Crobberts' side business :ohdear:

Should You Get Rid of Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH) Now?
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/should-you-get-rid-of-restoration-hardware-holdings-rh-now-cm721268

Maybe the CIG offices will get a bunch of new furniture for the holidays!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

What I don't understand is why this guy (and may others) can make post after post saying "X release is in Y days!" Then Y+2 weeks comes along and he comes up with an excuse and says "X release is just Z days away!" and he does this... forever.

Like seriously what is the breaking point? What kind of hosed up mind just makes up the idea "3.0 is done" and runs with it, and is 100% convinced it is true, we he himself made it up.

What happens to him if the game does not live up to his dreams, let alone CIG sputters out as the backer money runs out.

Not finding the exact time stamp but the recent video of 4 talking heads from INN I linked a while back had Erris admitting he hadn't had Star Citizen installed for most of this year. I think most of the most committed Citizens aren't actually that interested in pc games, which helps to explain why they fall for the constant "never been attempted before" poo poo that CIG lies about.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Pretty depressing that the most recent terrible fan film to come out of /r/starcitizen is miles better than anything CIG has ever put out.

Some fan art being better than official art is a long tradition in games.

Star Citizen, however, is revolutionary in that *all* fan art is better than official art. Even the sex doll rabbit dude.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

poo poo
or
get
off
the
pot

Haven't heard that one before. Thanks.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A forum post quoting your tweet which is responding to your other tweet which links your blog post which is mostly built out of posts from the forums.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

A forum post quoting your tweet which is responding to your other tweet which links your blog post which is mostly built out of posts from the forums.

Shitpostception.

We can go deeper!

Edit: i doxxed Chris Roberts.

:cocaine:

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 15, 2016

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

But where else would you learn "things" are happening at CIG?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

AP posted:

Not finding the exact time stamp but the recent video of 4 talking heads from INN I linked a while back had Erris admitting he hadn't had Star Citizen installed for most of this year. I think most of the most committed Citizens aren't actually that interested in pc games, which helps to explain why they fall for the constant "never been attempted before" poo poo that CIG lies about.

So the dude is living in dream land, and does not need to install and actually play the game, it can be an article of faith alone that the game is good. He is going to crash hard.

I still at least install the PTU version with every release. If for no other reason I can actually know what I'm talking about when I poo poo on CIG's fuckups.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

This. The lack of excited testimony from evocati isn't all because of any NDA, all the Citizen hype is dependent on them not playing

I'm far from convinced Lethality even owns a computer.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
being evocati has to be a burden more than it is a privilege

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

griefocati

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I always use "crobbler", instead of the more apparent "crobber". "Crobber" is much closer to the actual name, and "crobbler" adds an 'L' in from nowhere, but I justify it by imagining Chris Roberts as the McDonald's Hamburgler, who always ran around saying "robble robble" while blatantly grabbing and stealing and trying to get away with things. "Crobbler" also has a better mouth feel.

In addition, wearing a striped outfit might be fitting for his future.

Derek, spill some deets or just stop. Those tweets are just about you getting unbanned from fdev forums again, aren't they? Whatever they are about, they won't pay-off unless employees are locked out, there are pictures of people in blue windbreakers with 3 letters on the back carrying boxes of documents out of an office building, or investigation warrants are unsealed.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

'Crobbler' is just a much funnier word

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

XK posted:

I always use "crobbler", instead of the more apparent "crobber". "Crobber" is much closer to the actual name, and "crobbler" adds an 'L' in from nowhere, but I justify it by imagining Chris Roberts as the McDonald's Hamburgler, who always ran around saying "robble robble" while blatantly grabbing and stealing and trying to get away with things. "Crobbler" also has a better mouth feel.

In addition, wearing a striped outfit might be fitting for his future.

Counterpoint: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crobber

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

E: ^^^^^ can't argue with that I guess

It's like the name of an inept villain from a children's TV show or something

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't really watch INN. Which one is Erris? Is that the pedo looking bowtie guy, the pedo looking British guy, or the pedo looking caveman guy?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

I don't really watch INN. Which one is Erris? Is that the pedo looking bowtie guy, the pedo looking British guy, or the pedo looking caveman guy?

nobody "really watches" INN Relay_SC

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

XK posted:

Derek, spill some deets or just stop. Those tweets are just about you getting unbanned from fdev forums again, aren't they? Whatever they are about, they won't pay-off unless employees are locked out, there are pictures of people in blue windbreakers with 3 letters on the back carrying boxes of documents out of an office building, or investigation warrants are unsealed.

Those windbreakers are Navy not blue.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

So the dude is living in dream land, and does not need to install and actually play the game, it can be an article of faith alone that the game is good. He is going to crash hard.

I still at least install the PTU version with every release. If for no other reason I can actually know what I'm talking about when I poo poo on CIG's fuckups.

I think the INN guys will get off lightly compared to some of the streamers and the guys from r/ds to be honest.

This is the stream I was talking about

I tried to watch it but failed even skipping through most of it, it's far more painful than the usual INN stream because the non-INN streamer guest, in the top right, is possibly the most boring person on Earth.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Why you all gotta dog pile The Derek like that? Mr. Smart is a busy man and needs time to air out his new information before whipping it at people while it's still wet. Do you know how dangerous that is? I saw a kid get whipped with a wet info once in middle school and it slashed his back open (actual true story). So let it dry off first and stop berating him for being the warlord.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:sterv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Maw posted:

'Crobbler' is just a much funnier word

Agreed.

Edit: Aww, gently caress. I've got no tax for my one word reply. :(

Somebody post some wacky picture, which will surely be better than my nothing.