Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

I don't know how to get comfortable with the Fuze's LMG though. I feel the RPM is way slow, and while it's perfect for thunt, it's getting me killed in real games. Tips?

You need to simultaneously play cautiously while using it as a bullethose that knows no rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLX2cwF44k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

That helps, and also jeez leave som kills for the rest of them.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Batlett university map is pretty awesome!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gonna enjoy watching U-Play poo poo itself between a repeat of the 7 Ubi30 games (get them before the 18th), plus a free weekend for The Division, plus the new Siege patch coming out. Servers could barely stand up to the current load as it is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Gonna enjoy watching U-Play poo poo itself between a repeat of the 7 Ubi30 games (get them before the 18th), plus a free weekend for The Division, plus the new Siege patch coming out. Servers could barely stand up to the current load as it is.
I didn't get AC3 because Uplay kept dying on me in the early day, and I forgot to check in the evening.

Speaking of new patch, I haven't got time yet to check it out, but how broken is the lighting?

BarDown
Jun 20, 2013

Peace among worlds
*burp*BITCHHHH*burp*
Reddit users and thinking they are entitled to all the little poo poo... :psyduck:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Glaz and SMG's are crazy accurate now. There's basically no recoil. It's awesome.

EDIT: Lighting is still awful, no big surprise there.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 15, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard, that war crime of a chart about operator usefulness got updated.

E: {-}7

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 15, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BarDown posted:

Reddit users and thinking they are entitled to all the little poo poo... :psyduck:

Did you see the whining when the SMG-11 was going to lose the ACOG? Buncha babies. That gun is still ridiculous and I get tons of kills with it. You just can't snipe anymore.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Gonna get home and try Tachanka out.

BarDown
Jun 20, 2013

Peace among worlds
*burp*BITCHHHH*burp*

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did you see the whining when the SMG-11 was going to lose the ACOG? Buncha babies. That gun is still ridiculous and I get tons of kills with it. You just can't snipe anymore.

It's unreal(the whining). Hard will never win.

BarDown fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 15, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's no more bullshit than the new machine pistol, I'm at peace with it so long as it doesn't have an ACOG.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I don't mind the bearing 9 because I find the two non-shotgun weapons for SAT garbage. Bearing 9 is my primary weapon.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I tell you, setting tachanka's turret up behind a shield is the greatest thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AbortRetryFail posted:

I don't mind the bearing 9 because I find the two non-shotgun weapons for SAT garbage. Bearing 9 is my primary weapon.
That's weird, they seem fine to me.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's weird, they seem fine to me.

Hinbana's Type 89 is insanely good.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

Hinbana's Type 89 is insanely good.
Given the balance policy concerning DLC operators, I'd be surprised as hell if this wasn't the case. I have not played enough Hibana myself to say if it's good or too good, but it seems to handle well, and dish out decent damage.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Been wanting to get back into this so I checked out videos on the latest patch, and holy poo poo I forgot what actual balancing was in a game and really miss how they did things in this.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Given the balance policy concerning DLC operators, I'd be surprised as hell if this wasn't the case. I have not played enough Hibana myself to say if it's good or too good, but it seems to handle well, and dish out decent damage.

The only standout "overpowered when introduced" characters have been Frost and her Super 90 which was much more effective than any other shotgun in the game by far, and BlackBeard who just took a second round of very significant nerfs. The rest of the DLC operators have been fine, and outside of a brief period of them being a little more effective because people weren't sure how to deal with them yet are basically as good/bad a pick as anyone else.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The Type-89 is an R4-C with less recoil, 'nuff said. It takes noticeably longer than most other ARs to reload if you empty the mag entirely, which I guess is a pretty reasonable caveat.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The MP5SD damage is so low and you already have a SMG in the secondary slot. There's not really a reason to use it over a utility shotgun.

The Hibana Rifle is probably just me being weird but I always have problems with the 20 round magazine size. I do a lot of suppressive firing normally and usually wonder where my extra 10 bullets are. (I usually am Fuze with a machine gun) I usually take the shotgun for her as well.

Re: how do I use Fuze MG, ideally you never want to be firing it directly at a person as a reaction. Find out where the enemy is, then just hold down mouse1 through walls/floor/cover if you are 66%+ sure someone is there.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 15, 2016

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I really like Hibanas rifle, but the 20 round mag is really bad in a lot of situations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lohli posted:

The only standout "overpowered when introduced" characters have been Frost and her Super 90 which was much more effective than any other shotgun in the game by far, and BlackBeard who just took a second round of very significant nerfs. The rest of the DLC operators have been fine, and outside of a brief period of them being a little more effective because people weren't sure how to deal with them yet are basically as good/bad a pick as anyone else.
I'm not saying they generally are overpowered, I'm saying that they never underperform.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I'm not sure I'd agree with that, echo kinda sucks and is a bit of a lovely way to encourage defenders to be idle and monitoring drones/cams before they get killed, between his 3armour snail's pace clomping around and the fairly large amount of time it takes to get off his phone it's very hard to actually take advantage of his drone in situations where teammates can't help. It basically condemns him to the consolation hell of helping your team by watching cams usually reserved for the shameful idiot who gets themselves killed at the start of the round.This is often me anyway!

Caveira, while not bad mechanically, is a good way to end up with dead weight because her gimmick encourages/worsens bad habits like not returning to an objective from roaming until it's way too late.

As for underperforming, I think the only operator it's safe to say has underperformed significantly is Tachanka because his turret was mostly a good way to get him killed, and operator gimmicks aside it's mostly the case that operator performance is pretty directly related to the player's ability to click on heads.

Also somewhat related, half the time I see Capitao get picked his crossbow doesn't even get used, a lot of the time it seems like people's favourite picks are down to guns or "having a favourite character" rather than gadgets.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Something that would make Echo real good is if he had a view of the drone camera as a small frame in a corner of his screen, maybe running at a low framerate, so he could keep an eye on it while not being glued to the drone controller.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the blatant hacking is getting p out of control. another game where i'm just getting blasted through random doors by people who were tracking me perfectly through walls

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

lohli posted:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, echo kinda sucks and is a bit of a lovely way to encourage defenders to be idle and monitoring drones/cams before they get killed, between his 3armour snail's pace clomping around and the fairly large amount of time it takes to get off his phone it's very hard to actually take advantage of his drone in situations where teammates can't help. It basically condemns him to the consolation hell of helping your team by watching cams usually reserved for the shameful idiot who gets themselves killed at the start of the round.This is often me anyway!

This is pretty much how I feel about Echo. I would much rather have another person clicking the enemy with bullets. Hes good if you can pair him with a flanker to hit them when they are disoriented. But if he just sits on drone all match I feel hes pretty sub par. Also I find the Japanese shotguns to be loving godawful. Awful fire rate, awful damage falloff. Hibanas rifle is amazing though.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Speaking of hackers, I just got killed in a way that looked really suspicious to me that has me wondering about whether or not "lag-switching" is something that works in this game.

Had a guy chase me around a corner, and despite my having been around yet another corner I died with no sign of him until I got the kill message. The killcam showed me running around the 2nd corner on the killcam and showed him shooting at thin air to kill me.

The spooky bit is that it was like he was firing at a stationary target, as if I'd stopped dead still, rather than having him aiming like he was tracking a moving target.

Presumably stopping incoming traffic for a short while(seconds at most) works?

BarDown
Jun 20, 2013

Peace among worlds
*burp*BITCHHHH*burp*

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the blatant hacking is getting p out of control. another game where i'm just getting blasted through random doors by people who were tracking me perfectly through walls

Can we not bring hackusations in here? They were probably just good players/good teamwork.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'we just have good comms' is such a waller meme at this point it should autoflag your games for review

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Mad comms where I am 2 floors above the objective in boat outside cockpit and get my head traced through a wall for 5 seconds at range when they have no valkyrie or external cameras up. A lot of suss people since patch.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Is the favelas universally tough on video cards? With a new/up to date system, I'm getting sub 30 fps when outdoors, a little surprising considering the rest of the game is pretty smooth (GTX 1080 SC, everything cranked. i could turn some stuff down, but what would the fun in that be?).

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Yes nighttime favela is fuckity if your settings are cranked.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

lohli posted:

Yes nighttime favela is fuckity if your settings are cranked.

So what you're saying is more video cards! I can totally get my wife onboard with that!

I'm just surprised it's that comparatively bad on this box. (Hard, fix your game, or I'll drive the 2-ish hours to come whine at you about it)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you set shading to low mid-round it unfucks your framerate in my experience, though shading is one of the settings that needs a map reload to start working properly, but seems to effect enough change mid-round to get you a good framerate back on Favela for whatever reason.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I'll give that a shot. Thanks lohli

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/BarrenSnivelingHousefly

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If you stare at the fire barrels your FPS tanks hard. If they're out of view it's not too bad.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Finally managed to get my first ace, as Rook!

...then the match was lost after being up 2-0 because two team members left and never got replaced over the following three rounds :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Glaz is really fun now, he can one shot low armor guys from close distance

• Locked thread