Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

She has been eating up a storm. She's already eaten as much as much as Butterscotch eats in a day.
Don't let Butters know!

Chili posted:

Little bugger has been cuddled up in my arm for the past half hour. Good kitty:

God, she is so adorable. Certainly in the right foster home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Gave Jerky (our nickname for her since I have a cold and apparently that's what it sounds like when I call her by name), her morning meds. She was not too pleased. She fought a bunch but with me but I got her vitamins, meds, and eye goop all administered. It was really sweet because right after that she curled up in my lap, not standard kitty resentment whatsoever. After a minute or two of making up though, she returned to her socks filled with warm rice and her snuggly monster. I tucked her in with some thermal sheets and she's staying nice and warm. Still no poop, which is somewhat distressing, but I'll be on the phone with the spca in an hour or so and we'll figure out the best option moving forward.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chili posted:

:colbert: I'll have you know that kitties should eat as much as they possibly can, especially when they have a URI, Mr. Coop :colbert:

yeah well which one of us is the doctor huh that's right that's what i thought :colbert:

As for non catpoop let her post in GBS and that should get the shitposting falling right out of her.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
She pooped! :woop: and she even did a great job burying it! :woop:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Chili posted:

:cripes: This kitten is better than my adult cats!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Chili posted:

No idea where this smiley comes from but it sounds appropriate:

:toot: :itwaspoo: :toot:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
It seriously was a huge relief. For both of us. She took her meds like a champ tonight and even through the struggle she still wants to cuddle right after. Giving her a break now but expect more pictures soon.

Also, though it's never happened before I'd love to help her find a home through this thread. If anyone is interested and lives in the Baltimore area, and wants a special visit with Butterscotch while they take home an adorable and cuddly kitty....

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Chili posted:

I had this exact same reaction to finding cat poop in the litter box yesterday and today. These were Snicket's first bowel movements without the assistance of a vet in three weeks. My family and friends are not nearly as excited as I am.

Right now she's throwing shade because she's not allowed to have food before her consult with an internist about her kidney stones.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Chili posted:

Also, though it's never happened before I'd love to help her find a home through this thread. If anyone is interested and lives in the Baltimore area, and wants a special visit with Butterscotch while they take home an adorable and cuddly kitty....

I'm in Annapolis and you have no idea how tempting this is!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Night Danger Moose posted:

I'm in Annapolis and you have no idea how tempting this is!

Good, you should think about! This is definitely one of the more special kittens I've worked with. I don't say that about many. They're all great of course, but some are especially cool. Jerky is definitely one of the smarter kittens I've worked with, and she's also insanely lively!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueecBhfR9s4

URI? What URI?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Damnit. What does it cost to ship cats internationally...

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Measly Twerp posted:

Damnit. What does it cost to ship cats internationally...

Seriously - bribe a flight attendant to take the kitten with them. The cat is more comfortable/safe and you can sometimes save a good chunk of money to boot.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chili posted:

Good, you should think about! This is definitely one of the more special kittens I've worked with. I don't say that about many. They're all great of course, but some are especially cool. Jerky is definitely one of the smarter kittens I've worked with, and she's also insanely lively!

She's smarter and better at killing than my one-year-old already.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and here's a video Butterscotch made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixjG3R6KXds

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Butterscotch is a saint

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Butterscotch lasted 1:14 seconds longer than i thought

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's a cat that understands where the food comes from.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

That's a cat that understands where the food comes from.

You can't hear it, but he was purring the whole time. And after that he sat in my lap for another hour while I farted around on the internet. Cat just gives no fucks.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Such a good and mellow cat.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chili posted:

You can't hear it, but he was purring the whole time. And after that he sat in my lap for another hour while I farted around on the internet. Cat just gives no fucks.

You could hear the purring on the video

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
During all that shaking I imagined he sounds like a partially filled waterbed.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

For once his expression seems really appropriate. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vastakaiun posted:

For once his expression seems really appropriate. :allears:

"The things I do for love... :sigh:"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"The things I do for love snacks... :sigh:"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good news with Cherokee!

She's still quickly improving. While she's still a bit snotty and sneezy, she's doing a lot better and is putting on weight nicely.

In fact, she's just about to hit 2 pounds which means she's pretty much out of the woods. I wasn't ready to vocalize my worries but I've seen enough kitties to know which ones have some worrisome odds, and Cherokee was one of them. Until today, anyhow, I wasn't fully confident that her story would be the happiest.

Oh, and another first for me, is a kitty that likes being weighed. They usually fight with me nonstop when they're on the scale but Cherokee....

Poses it up:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
What a good little girl. :3

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Uggh, wanna hug that kitty so bad

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I wish I could give her a home. :sigh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chili posted:

Oh, and another first for me, is a kitty that likes being weighed. They usually fight with me nonstop when they're on the scale but Cherokee....

Poses it up:

I feel like you just need to put a box on the scale and then subtract the weight of the box later.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Such tiny toes!!!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I'd consider it, but the wife and just took on our second cat this past July. Kitties like Cherokee will probably not be waiting long for a home, though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

looks like Butterscotch has taught her The Face. :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McDragon posted:

That's not Mournful Face, that's Evil Face.

You're raising a supervillain, Chili! :ohdear:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

I've noticed that too! She's really good at flashing that existential craziness. This picture has probably the best so far:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I live in northern Virginia, not too far from Baltimore, an hour or two. I wish I could take her but we just don't have the space for a second litter box.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chili posted:

I've noticed that too! She's really good at flashing that existential craziness. This picture has probably the best so far:

Kitten Thinks of Nothing But Murder All Day

Sea Pancake
Dec 2, 2013

Jenner posted:

I live in northern Virginia, not too far from Baltimore, an hour or two. I wish I could take her but we just don't have the space for a second litter box.

I don't know your current cat situation, but it's definitely possible to have two kitties sharing one box. We started out with an adult male cat and brought in a 12-week old female kitten about 6 months later. We only had a 750 sq. ft apartment at the time so they had to share from day 1. Our cats get along fine for the most part but aren't best friends, but even so they have always been great with sharing the box. If your cat is really territorial or unfriendly it might not work as well for you, ymmv.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I have 3 kitties sharing one (pretty big) box. I know it's not ideal and goes against the litter box guidelines but it's all we've ever had space for. Henry and Tabitha are litter mates so they've shared since day one and Charlotte is easy going.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I used one litter box for two cats for many years with no issues. Only when I got a third were there any litter box problems, so we got a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

We have 4 cats and 3 boxes in a 625 sq foot apartment. There's just no room for more, but none of ours are super prissy so it works out fine.