Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Have you known cig to ever hold back a sale ?

It's the only drat thing they can manage

Kind of makes sense why the hobo has been so quiet tho. The firestorm of not releasing 2.6 or releasing a garbage 2.6 but selling more ships would be seen from space.

Hope they release it )

e: trucutru Erris taxxe

ripptide fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

considering that their fans will lap up whatever poo poo dribbles out of that godawful patcher, 2.6 must be frighteningly awful

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL. Delusional Derek at it again.

Legal barking up a storm over there?

Derek got burned once again

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ripptide posted:

Kind of makes sense why the hobo has been so quiet tho. The firestorm of not releasing 2.6 or releasing a garbage 2.6 but selling more ships would be seen from space.

Hope they release it )

e: trucutru Erris taxxe

It is a little out of character for even the hobo , has he posted his update yet ?

They're either super screwed and afraid to hint at anything. Or they thihk they have another big reveal (hint it's another ship sale ad) and that the Citizens will thank them breathlessly for keeping it under wraps

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ripptide posted:

Kind of makes sense why the hobo has been so quiet tho.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/134107/DiscoLando-CIG

Disco Lando hasn't logged in since the 12th. Kinda makes it hard to read the concern forum if you don't log in.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

Have you known cig to ever hold back a sale ?

It's the only drat thing they can manage

store citizen indeed

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
The concern forum is due for a rename to "deeply concerned" anyway.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

AP posted:

Disco Lando hasn't logged in since the 12th. Kinda makes it hard to read the concern forum if you don't log in.

I hope lando didn't break his wrists :ohdear:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

Yep, top-tier community management right there. :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its like staff are taking vacations during a particular season that has a poo poo ton of people taking vacations which causes productivity to go into the shitter

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its like staff are taking vacations during a particular season that has a poo poo ton of people taking vacations which causes productivity to go into the shitter

CIG typically takes a group vacation during the end of December.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek has tweeted something of substance: Egosoft are working on X4, and appear to have learnt lessons from Rebirth.

Ego are gonna release two space games before Clown imperium manages one.

e: 3 if you count Rebirth VR.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Parpa Claus

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:eyepop:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Galarious!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

at my work we've seriously spent the last fortnight trying to finish poo poo and make sure there's enough hands on deck to do this. christmas sucks for productivity but it's so so easy to anticipate and you see it coming a mile away. unless you're cig in which case you have the worst soothsayers of all time leading you forwards

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

poo poo i am glad you are back

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:five:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

a good parp

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

poo poo i am glad you are back

Got until the new year off :) So I can devote a little time to Art For Goons!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:gary:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:five:

All I want for Christmas is my $3,500 video game.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Tommorrow is the real christmas gently caress all our families might as well be dead.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
The only way I can see CIG getting a "win" here is if they release 2.6 to live (only moderately poo poo) and showing a fancy fixed sq42 demo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theyd have to skip the usual phased ptu release which would cause everyone in the ptu to have a hissy fi since they pay for that priviledge. It also means that have more than usual numbers of people rushing in at once to try the brand new flavor of the shitpile, which is a recipe for disaster when it comes to their shoestring servers.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:bravo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

His real job is community manager , but he spends 90% of his day fetching latte for sandi (when she is actually in the office) and driving Ben to his various doctors appointments

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

His real job is community manager , but he spends 90% of his day fetching latte for sandi (when she is actually in the office) and driving Ben to his various doctors appointments

Ben is still alive?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809512851085922304

CIG been awful quiet this week moma, I hope everything is ok with the sale.

"Big News" being 2.6 is delayed.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

The only way I can see CIG getting a "win" here is if they release 2.6 to live (only moderately poo poo) and showing a fancy fixed sq42 demo.

That's coming from a rational viewpoint though.

Really all they would have to do is poo poo out the embarrassingly broken 2000s era Star Marine and then show a 30-45 second Squadron 42 trailer and make $5,000,000 as backers feel validated. They just need enough to be able to say 2.6 is real (and therefore progress means the dream is real) and get another promise in the form of the trailer.

If they can't even cross that bar then lol.

Fake Edit:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When the sun rises tomorrow I'm going to post called it! :smuggo:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I'll be shocked if nothing comes out tomorrow. CIG are pretty good at surprising us with last-minute rear end-pulls.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It'll come out, and all of :reddit: will smugly come out to tell us how we were wrong (in between trying to convince themselves it's good and/or fun)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2.6 doesn't have to be good to come out. The backers clearly don't care about quality, they care about seeing a number go up.

I was looking for that schedule of theirs and couldn't find it, but instead I found something better. Remember that picture of CR in a space suit that used to be on that page? I didn't realize they were so lazy in replacing it that they didn't even bother to change the flesh tone around his neck. I guess it really does model the game.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i hope it comes out and is terrible just so the streamers have to play it

merry chrismas, you filthy animals

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thank Christ SC will save PC gaming as we know it. It has been languishing for years.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

"I personally suspect that the biggest problem is too many things close to done"

quote:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Or comedy. I'll take cat or kayak posts too. I really enjoy the Titanic's saucy pictures as well. Marching Powder at least delivered consistent melt downs. MoMA is actually funny now and Derek is still Derek, although, I'm holding out hope that one day his posts will be fun and good.

If his gimmick is pulling a Lucy on this thread forever then that's pretty funny I guess but that's dependant on other people being upset to deliver.

Glad you enjoy my saucy side! I keep it deep as the ocean.

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

DCS has a button that does all the startup things automatically for you if you dont want to do it manually though :)

and it is a game that actually exists, and does what it set out to do unlike the wild fever dreams of citizens