Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Please Cymelion, present to us one solitary feature or item that CIG has "done" to a finished state and will not "refactor" about half a dozen times before it's forgotten about.

I honestly think he is developmentally challenged.

Das Butterbrot posted:

DCS has a button that does all the startup things automatically for you if you dont want to do it manually though :)

and it is a game that actually exists, and does what it set out to do unlike the wild fever dreams of citizens

Also it works in VR and is awesome :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

Not finding the exact time stamp but the recent video of 4 talking heads from INN I linked a while back had Erris admitting he hadn't had Star Citizen installed for most of this year. I think most of the most committed Citizens aren't actually that interested in pc games, which helps to explain why they fall for the constant "never been attempted before" poo poo that CIG lies about.

You are playing my harpsichord song I've thought for a long time. All the heavy hitters don't play the game. They play the dream. You'll never convince somebody something sucks if they never try it themselves.

Hell, the thing that might kill Star Citizen is to get people to play Star Citizen. They too can share the same "wtf is this?!" Look that Chris Roberts had the first and last time he played it, too. :allears:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

3.0 in 2016?

When will it be ready for... clownload?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek will never be able to top the Library of Babel troll honestly. That set the gold standard in making the thread melt down.

Yeah; that one was epic :grin:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The space dildo honestly made me laugh. I'm guessing this post has since been destroyed because it is full of FUD from another Derek alt.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CIG are no different than bethesda. Just look at this

quote:

Games published
Main article: List of Bethesda Softworks video games
1980s and 1990s
Wayne Gretzky Hockey (1988–1990)
Terminator series (1990–1995)
The Elder Scrolls series (1994–present)
Symbiocom (1998)
Zero Critical (1998)
2000s
IHRA Drag Racing series (2000–2006)
Pirates of the Caribbean series (2003–2006)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (2005)
Star Trek series (2006–2007)
Fallout series (2008–present)
Wet (2009)
Rogue Warrior (2009)
2010s
Doom series (2010–present)
Brink (2011)
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (2011)
Rage (2011)
Dishonored series (2012–present)
Wolfenstein series (2014–present)
The Evil Within (2014)

And

quote:

Games published
Main article: List of Cloud Imperium Games video games
-

No difference

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:five::five::five::five:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2.6 doesn't have to be good to come out. The backers clearly don't care about quality, they care about seeing a number go up.

I was looking for that schedule of theirs and couldn't find it, but instead I found something better. Remember that picture of CR in a space suit that used to be on that page? I didn't realize they were so lazy in replacing it that they didn't even bother to change the flesh tone around his neck. I guess it really does model the game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Fat Shat Sings posted:

CIG are no different than bethesda. Just look at this

And

No difference

Ihra drag was the poo poo. I had no idea bethesda made that.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What do you think the Citizens would do , if the big announcement tomorrow ended up being :

Chris hauling his gut on stage and telling everyone that SQ42 will be available on consoles as well as PC upon release ... in 2019

He will clap and look around , then Ben will appear behind him and slowly cut his throat with his pilgrims cross

Fade to black as the cackle of sandi reverberates throughout the room

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

it really is kind of amazing how anime has turned this sort of weird thing into a fetish

mmm. girls with awkwardly pasted on vehicle parts. that really gets my motor going!!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What good does getting mad do me? I've already invested enough emotional and mental energy into this farce, and at this point nothing CIG does surprises or particularly bothers me. If they gently caress me over and don't refund the money then yeah, I'll get mad and do everything in my power to make them return what I'm owed, but outside of that what does it matter? The bottom line is that I've finally accepted that CIG is hosed, Star Citizen is a scam, and that there's nothing that can be done to save it. Given how far down the rabbit hole I went that's a pretty significant thing for me.

Don't get mad, friend. :glomp:

If there's one thing you can take away here, it's that even after everything went south for you, and CIG actively despised you, and all the people behind it also despised you; you somehow still had faith that even with the odds not in your favor, you believed somehow even CIG could pull off at the very least a mediocre game.

This is basically your acknowledgement that CIG won't even pull off something mediocre or close to "the vision". Honestly, it's CIG who should feel shame here. But they won't due to delusion, money, and most likely drugs. It's tough to admit that you were wrong, and even that you're getting a refund at long last despite your position within their community.

You did fine. Let it go, and know that in the off chance CIG actually does make something worth playing, you can just pick it up again. You're really losing nothing either way, but you're gaining in the event CIG pulls a CIG. At least you'll have your money back. Go buy some nice Christmas presents for the family. :)

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Has anyone said Quim Citizen?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

If there's one thing you can take away here, it's that even after everything went south for you, and CIG actively despised you, and all the people behind it also despised you; you somehow still had faith that even with the odds not in your favor, you believed somehow even CIG could pull off at the very least a mediocre game.

This is basically your acknowledgement that CIG won't even pull off something mediocre or close to "the vision". Honestly, it's CIG who should feel shame here. But they won't due to delusion, money, and most likely drugs. It's tough to admit that you were wrong, and even that you're getting a refund at long last despite your position within their community.

You did fine. Let it go, and know that in the off chance CIG actually does make something worth playing, you can just pick it up again. You're really losing nothing either way, but you're gaining in the event CIG pulls a CIG. At least you'll have your money back. Go buy some nice Christmas presents for the family. :)

I still want to know how he managed to sit through Citcon and still be like yep they can still make this happen

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

The Titanic posted:

The space dildo honestly made me laugh. I'm guessing this post has since been destroyed because it is full of FUD from another Derek alt.

The best part about that thread is the umpteen amounts of people quoting him and sharing his sentiment.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Has ben been let go? He looks like he's been let go. He looks like he let himself go.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Hello all, RL has been a bit hectic for the last quite a while... Soooo-oo apropos of nothing, whats new? Are we there yet?

Welcome back, friend. :)

The game is exactly where you think it is, and CIG is doing exactly what you think it is too. Which is to say there is not much going on, but feel free to buy this weeks sale/concept ship.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Someone on RSI said Roberts acted like an autistic steve jobs.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Sandi posts sneak peak of the livestream stuff? SQ42 Maybe?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheLightPurges posted:

Someone on RSI said Roberts acted like an autistic steve jobs.

I don't think "autistic" is right. "Plain loving stupid" is nearer the mark.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809512851085922304

CIG been awful quiet this week moma, I hope everything is ok with the sale.

Be still my beating heart! Say it ain't so!

They'll just figure out some "least bugs" version and call it 2.6/3.0. It's not like they have ever been known to put what they promise into their releases. It's just pointless numbering. They can upload a new 8k bitmap for a pencil and call it 3.0 if they want. :shrug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Almost guaranteed the 'Drill Sergeant' is part of a ship ad lol

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

Wow! Great job! :hfive:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

"Big News" being 2.6 is delayed.

This is a binary choice.

1> Either Derek is full of poo poo and doesn't have sources. Or 2> He does/did have sources and hence, actually knows stuff.

Now if it's 1, it difficult to explain how he knew about Star Marine I being binned 6+ months before Chris Roberts confirmed it. It's also difficult to explain how he knew about the firings/leavings last year immediately after they happened, the dispute with the contractor at CIG LA, the 20k coffee machine plus a pile of other stupid stuff.

Now maybe you could be like moma and think anyone at CIG who was leaking stuff to him has left. Personally I think that's dumb as hell because if it was stressful/annoying enough to leak poo poo over Star Marine I fuckups, I can't imagine it's less stressful/annoying now with them trying to get Star Marine II out the door in less time. But it's worth remembering that The Escapist said "seven ex-employees and two current employees" contacted them when they wrote their hit piece and they explained in detail how they verified them.

Now Citizens will brush The Escapist to one side with a load of crap about keycards etc, but if you're in the game industry I don't think it's a stretch to assume you don't actually want to be identified while moaning about what a horrible bunch of gobshites employed you. I also see no reason for The Escapist to just suddenly go after CIG as strongly as they did out of the blue and to then go one step further by refusing to back down in the face of a legal threat.

I started from the position of being cynical of Derek's claims in July 2015 and always try to independently verify things he's said, I've managed to do this a few times.

To understand why he appears to be blue balling everyone, I think you need to factor in that he's said there's stuff he just can't talk about for legal reasons, stuff he can't prove, things he can't say because it would potentially reveal sources and stuff he's told that sometimes turns out to be wrong (some of which will be CIG management changing their minds, some just wrong). Also, sure he likes trolling but if I was absolutely sure of something, 100% certain, I'd be trolling shitizens who'd setup a hate subreddit in my name too plus people here who constantly whine about him, because why the hell not?

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

when is the next big cig stream? i am excited for the festive season of goodwill and spaceshippery

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I'm going to make my speculation post about the live stream, I'm not as talented as some here but here goes:

- There will be a Sq42 cutscene, this will prove without a shadow of a doubt the game nobody wants is real and is nearly done
- 2.6 will be released, but it won't have Star Marine, only the usual refactors you know and love
- Chris will figure out another weird catch phrase he coins (Just Do It wasn't original enough)
- The main focus for the PU will be "racing"
- we will see more high detail actor models, possibly one of them animated and speaking. This may be part of the Sq42 cutscene
- We won't see Gillian or Gary, not even as CGI
- there will be no demo of Sq42 gameplay
- there will be ships on sale

And that's it. Have fun. :)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

This is a binary choice.

1> Either Derek is full of poo poo and doesn't have sources. Or 2> He does/did have sources and hence, actually knows stuff.

Now if it's 1, it difficult to explain how he knew about Star Marine I being binned 6+ months before Chris Roberts confirmed it. It's also difficult to explain how he knew about the firings/leavings last year immediately after they happened, the dispute with the contractor at CIG LA, the 20k coffee machine plus a pile of other stupid stuff.

Now maybe you could be like moma and think anyone at CIG who was leaking stuff to him has left. Personally I think that's dumb as hell because if it was stressful/annoying enough to leak poo poo over Star Marine I fuckups, I can't imagine it's less stressful/annoying now with them trying to get Star Marine II out the door in less time. But it's worth remembering that The Escapist said "seven ex-employees and two current employees" contacted them when they wrote their hit piece and they explained in detail how they verified them.

Now Citizens will brush The Escapist to one side with a load of crap about keycards etc, but if you're in the game industry I don't think it's a stretch to assume you don't actually want to be identified while moaning about what a horrible bunch of gobshites employed you. I also see no reason for The Escapist to just suddenly go after CIG as strongly as they did out of the blue and to then go one step further by refusing to back down in the face of a legal threat.

I started from the position of being cynical of Derek's claims in July 2015 and always try to independently verify things he's said, I've managed to do this a few times.

To understand why he appears to be blue balling everyone, I think you need to factor in that he's said there's stuff he just can't talk about for legal reasons, stuff he can't prove, things he can't say because it would potentially reveal sources and stuff he's told that sometimes turns out to be wrong (some of which will be CIG management changing their minds, some just wrong). Also, sure he likes trolling but if I was absolutely sure of something, 100% certain, I'd be trolling shitizens who'd setup a hate subreddit in my name too plus people here who constantly whine about him, because why the hell not?

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

All that may be fine and true , but if he can't release info because of whatever reason , why even bother starting the dialogue

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

All that may be fine and true , but if he can't release info because of whatever reason , why even bother starting the dialogue

if it stops some lonely soul from sinking a couple of grand into a giant turd, probably worth it

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Milky Moor posted:

it really is kind of amazing how anime has turned this sort of weird thing into a fetish

mmm. girls with awkwardly pasted on vehicle parts. that really gets my motor going!!

actually as weird as this is I actually support the idea.

If you are going to pay $3000 for something you probably should get some use out of it, and this is probably the only actual use I've seen people get out of ships.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I'm not sure this is accurate.

I think they are making six million ways a character can sit in a chair or climb a ladder at different speeds is because Chris Roberts can only contribute "playing director" to the overall development of the project. He can't code, he can't do art. He can critique art, tell people their code isn't up to his standards, and make animation footage.

Animation footage is his only contribution. And he is a huge believer in "if I throw enough good art at it, a game will appear!" So he's doing his part by making enough animation and art so a game appears out of thin air.

Also, I strongly feel that he is a "I want results now" type of person. He's the kind of manager who looks at a prototype and tells the world it's done because it appears to work. He can't handle the development timeline of Star Citizen because he can't wrap his tiny little mind around the fact he's looking at years and years of development time. And he believes himself so much that he'll even post a timeline as honest fact, with everything finishing in like a week, and then wonder why it didn't happen.

This is what happens when you get the big paycheck before you had to do any of the work. There is zero incentive for him there. We all know that his highest organic position was as an art director for those lovely WC games that he hangs EVERYTHING on. If KS did not lay open the pathway to autistic nerds wallets, he would still be hocking used cars. There is not a damned thing about him that would ever be considered for VP or CEO or anything on the executive level. This was him winning the nerd lottery point blank.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

What bet? Contrary to belief (or not), I don't actually read every single thing that gets posted here.

The bet was:

I bet you :10bux: that IF Squadron 42 or SC actually release they will be this generations Hellgate: London.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

:smuggo:

Quote ad infinitum

Thank you! Merry Christmas

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Read his twitter, it's simple to me you either believe him or don't and I've made my opinion clear. Saying he's not releasing info isn't true, he's not releasing a lot of information that you can verify to be true at the moment, that's different.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Whos that taking the picture

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beet Wagon posted:

A gun to my head, if I'm being perfectly honest.

There's no amount of alcohol that wouldn't result in me rolling my eyes so hard I pulled a muscle if I had to skype with those weirdos.

Is it possible to train Kayak to kill on the mention of Star Citizen?

If not, how about poop?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0nOsuaPDeg&t=895s

This right here really hit me hard, and shows how a collaborative team full of professionals are meant to handle a creative project. Timestamp is 14:55 if it doesn't work.

Cool video. It's nice to see real professionals that know how to use their big boy words when they use large hand gestures. Chris? Not so loving much.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0nOsuaPDeg&t=895s

This right here really hit me hard, and shows how a collaborative team full of professionals are meant to handle a creative project. Timestamp is 14:55 if it doesn't work.

Cool video. It's nice to see real professionals that know how to use their big boy words when they use large hand gestures. Chris? Not so loving much.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Whos that taking the picture

Could be Sean Tracy

CIG update. Disco Lando has been told to log in to the forums.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Those ship parts glued to bizarre cartoon women are some serious stimperial poo poo. We need some invigilation teams pronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

Honestly I don't give enough of a poo poo anymore to be angry. You get angry over stuff you care about, over things that matter. This doesn't matter. It's a bunch of narcissistic con artists wasting millions of dollars and thousands of hours of talented people who just want to make a good game. The only reason I'm even here still is because it's incredibly entertaining and nothing like it has ever happened before. Years from now Star Citizen will be a joke along with Chris Robert's legacy, Erin will quietly be making games along with the rest of CIG's technical staff, Ortwin will be still doing what he does best, Jared will be on to his next gig, and nobody will know Sandi's name.

I just hope nobody kills themselves over this bullshit.