Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
SO PUMPED!!!! 2.6 come on! WHO'S HYPED????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

poo poo i am glad you are back

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

If his book is anything like his blogs I am not going to be reading it. I think I'd read the Simarillion.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Kakarot posted:

Whos that taking the picture

You can see a reflection of sandi(?) taking the picture to the right of this

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

This is a binary choice.

1> Either Derek is full of poo poo and doesn't have sources. Or 2> He does/did have sources and hence, actually knows stuff.

Now if it's 1, it difficult to explain how he knew about Star Marine I being binned 6+ months before Chris Roberts confirmed it. It's also difficult to explain how he knew about the firings/leavings last year immediately after they happened, the dispute with the contractor at CIG LA, the 20k coffee machine plus a pile of other stupid stuff.

Now maybe you could be like moma and think anyone at CIG who was leaking stuff to him has left. Personally I think that's dumb as hell because if it was stressful/annoying enough to leak poo poo over Star Marine I fuckups, I can't imagine it's less stressful/annoying now with them trying to get Star Marine II out the door in less time. But it's worth remembering that The Escapist said "seven ex-employees and two current employees" contacted them when they wrote their hit piece and they explained in detail how they verified them.

Now Citizens will brush The Escapist to one side with a load of crap about keycards etc, but if you're in the game industry I don't think it's a stretch to assume you don't actually want to be identified while moaning about what a horrible bunch of gobshites employed you. I also see no reason for The Escapist to just suddenly go after CIG as strongly as they did out of the blue and to then go one step further by refusing to back down in the face of a legal threat.

I started from the position of being cynical of Derek's claims in July 2015 and always try to independently verify things he's said, I've managed to do this a few times.

To understand why he appears to be blue balling everyone, I think you need to factor in that he's said there's stuff he just can't talk about for legal reasons, stuff he can't prove, things he can't say because it would potentially reveal sources and stuff he's told that sometimes turns out to be wrong (some of which will be CIG management changing their minds, some just wrong). Also, sure he likes trolling but if I was absolutely sure of something, 100% certain, I'd be trolling shitizens who'd setup a hate subreddit in my name too plus people here who constantly whine about him, because why the hell not?

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

:laffo: I dunno how both you and derek fit up his rear end. It doesn't take nostradamus to guess that CIG is going to miss a deadline.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

unfortunately I'm seeing the new star wars tomorrow around the same time as the live stream

please keep me updated via text since I've been doxxed

But I am seeing the new Star Wars movie too at the Smithsonian Imax tomorrow too. Does that mean I am doxxed too?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving lmbo at the future space marine drill instructor they're clearly gonna have in their Star Marine ad.

It's 9 billion years in the future and drill instructors still wear brown rounds because crobberts is a loving hack.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also crobberts you should know they wear a pin on the front of their hats, not a giant retarded patch.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chalks posted:

Hey Derek, you should fix the meta description tags on your site so the preview text for these links isn't so silly.

As long as it keeps showing his frontal bald spot, It's all loving good to me.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Lando is posting on reddit but cant be arsed to post on theofficial forums his actual job.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

JugbandDude posted:

Those ship parts glued to bizarre cartoon women are some serious stimperial poo poo. We need some invigilation teams pronto.

There was a fan drawing human shaped, anthropomorphic, 300i series ships getting hosed by space dragons. Oh and the artist? She pretended to be a mouse a lot on teamspeak. Eden-wald? Edensomething or other was her name. If someone wants to doxx go for it.

SC community is bonkers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Also crobberts you should know they wear a pin on the front of their hats, not a giant retarded patch.

Yes but this is the FUTURE so clearly things have changed.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
This is going to be beyond embarrassing. Every stereotype of boot camp is going to be loaded into this star marine sizzler, to the point of even the audience unaware of what boot camp is, collectively eye-rolling at the cliche'dness of it all.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLightPurges posted:

Lando is posting on reddit but cant be arsed to post on theofficial forums his actual job.

Lando has always been relatively sensible. So staying away from the official forums seems a natural extension of this.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

talking poo poo is half the fun

Well here is the meta question of the night. Do the people you are pumping for info know you post here?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sappo569 posted:

All that may be fine and true , but if he can't release info because of whatever reason , why even bother starting the dialogue

My guess is that he's not starting a dialogue - he's getting his predictions out there, to the public, with timestamps, because when this collapses and all the poo poo floats to the surface, he'll have a huge archive of material that can be cross-referenced with the newly surfaced facts. They'll either match up with what he's been saying all along, or not. Either way it goes it'll be funny as poo poo, but for very different reasons.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
All I want for christmas livestream is for chris to play star marine.

He gets ganked over and over and he bitches about some minor UI feature for several minutes while his character is stimpiring everywhere. Someone tries to Tbag the corpse but when they crouch they clip through the level and crash the server.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Fargin Icehole posted:

Has ben been let go? He looks like he's been let go. He looks like he let himself go.

He was mostly dead weight for the project anyway, and a lot of dead weight at that.

*quota now met for mandatory ben is fat joke*

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

A forum post quoting your tweet which is responding to your other tweet which links your blog post which is mostly built out of posts from the forums.

I'll let Chris explain...

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beet Wagon posted:

loving lmbo at the future space marine drill instructor they're clearly gonna have in their Star Marine ad.

It's 9 billion years in the future and drill instructors still wear brown rounds because crobberts is a loving hack.

I'm voting for opening mission of Sq42. You're the rookie straight out of basic training who needs to learn the controls while the drill sergeant yells at you to...

"Pick up that rifle"
"Shoot those targets"
"You'll have to do better than that against the Vanduul!"
"Now take cover"
"Okay, that's it for now commando, now go find Pusher"[fade out]

Ground-breaking stuff

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Almost guaranteed the 'Drill Sergeant' is part of a ship ad lol

Dunno, I thought they might be doing a remake of "Full Metal Citizen"....

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm voting for opening mission of Sq42. You're the rookie straight out of basic training who needs to learn the controls while the drill sergeant yells at you to...

"Pick up that rifle"
"Shoot those targets"
"Now take cover"
"Okay, that's it for now commando"

Ground-breaking stuff

if they manage to get a tutorial remotely close to working, i'll be a little bit impressed

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

alf_pogs posted:

if they manage to get a tutorial remotely close to working, i'll be a little bit impressed

yea sseriously my jaw would drop

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

SO PUMPED!!!! 2.6 come on! WHO'S HYPED????

Calm down, you know how you get, dagnabbit.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alf_pogs posted:

Fear not, it will be a non-playable tutorial.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

Well here is the meta question of the night. Do the people you are pumping for info know you post here?
yea, most of them are on sa or have seen Derek's Twitter

I've turned down several requests to talk to gaming sites because gently caress me if I'm going to name names and ruin careers over klobbers $140m gently caress up

also I am live posting from getting hosed up with these peeps lol they say hi

predrinking heavily before drinking heavily is ways a good idea

thank god most people have tomorrow off for the movie

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I've turned down several requests to talk to gaming sites because gently caress me if I'm going to name names and ruin careers over klobbers $140m gently caress up

Send them our best, and tell them to take care. There's nothing more important than their health.

Unless it's keeping shaved high and tight for Sandi.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

TheAgent posted:

SQ42 is getting released?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'd loving bet dollars to pesos the SPACE MARINE DRILL INSTRUCTOR either sounds like or is played by R. Lee Ermey because why the gently caress wouldn't he be.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ripptide posted:

Send them our best, and tell them to take care. There's nothing more important than their health.

Unless it's keeping shaved high and tight for Sandi.
Well two of the gals here have been lasered, the bros all manscape because gently caress all is lost if my pubic hair is longer than my dick

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Fear not, it will be a non-playable tutorial.

With heavy use of mo-cap to capture the Drill Sergeant's complex range of movement as he stands dead still and shout "Maggots" at a line up of '_no-clip=true (_classname == "retarded whale");' avatars that are stimpiring all over the place.

It'll be a heavy :munch: night for all involved.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

Be sure to tell them to call their parents.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

actually mods change my name to whip up a wet fart

Mods?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

Be sure to tell them to call their parents.
I'm tane to the maxx

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wrecked Angle posted:

"Pick up that rifle"
"Shoot those targets"
"Now take cover"
"Okay, that's it for now commando, now go find Pusher"[fade out]

Ground-breaking stuff

Which would be fantastic because I remember crobberts talking about the opening to SQ42 a long time ago, about how you're a militia pilot in a system that gets hosed up by the KILL WRATH EES and then you have to go on a big adventure, and they're just gonna do a shot for shot remake of the Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault boot camp level.

"Oh I bet you all just can't wait to get out there and 'slap a 'duul' can't cha?!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

Well two of the gals here have been lasered, the bros all manscape because gently caress all is lost if my pubic hair is longer than my dick

This is fine. It's good to keep well cared for. Jungles are gross. :hfive:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd loving bet dollars to pesos the SPACE MARINE DRILL INSTRUCTOR either sounds like or is played by R. Lee Ermey because why the gently caress wouldn't he be.

either him or apone from aliens

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Good job commando you just delayed the movie game by another 6 weeks , crobblers has to go back and mocap a different actor since you spilled the beans

One first class ticket please , no one way haha. I don't want to rush myself

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Good job commando you just delayed the movie game by another 6 weeks , crobblers has to go back and mocap a different actor since you spilled the beans

One first class ticket please , no one way haha. I don't want to rush myself

I'm the panicked memo going around CIG asking if anyone is friends with the guy who played Sgt. Hulka in Stripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Hey, Derek, will you please stop telling people I am one of your alts, already? This is getting really stale.