Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What about clubs discriminating against ugly and short people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that a real thing or is that like 90% urban legend?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Feminism should 100% concentrate on the betterment and empowerment of female human beings. Feminists and feminist movements shouldn't have to lift a finger for males, whether they're cisgender males or transgender. Biological sex matters. Reproductive rights matter. The fact that female humans are an oppressed class under patriarchy matters. That's ALL that loving matters. Males, regardless of what they identify as, should not interfere or seek to include themselves. They are irrelevant to feminism and should recognize themselves to be such.

Also, cis women should simply be called "women".

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blue Star posted:

Feminism should 100% concentrate on the betterment and empowerment of female human beings. Feminists and feminist movements shouldn't have to lift a finger for males, whether they're cisgender males or transgender. Biological sex matters. Reproductive rights matter. The fact that female humans are an oppressed class under patriarchy matters. That's ALL that loving matters. Males, regardless of what they identify as, should not interfere or seek to include themselves. They are irrelevant to feminism and should recognize themselves to be such.

How about you take your trans hating self, and shove it up your own rear end where all the other poo poo belongs?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

Is that a real thing or is that like 90% urban legend?

eh, it's maybe like half-and-half - unlike other places, the 'product' clubs really sell is a social experience and it's an experience the owners are actually expected to deliver, if they don't then their club will fail

for most places the experience is just like, a good time with music, alcohol, friends and strangers of your preferred sex, so most clubs will do things like hiring good DJs while trying to keep the numbers of men and women equal inside even if it means manipulating the order of a queue a bit; if they don't and the club becomes known for being a boring, sausage-fest or whatever then it might fail because that's not what people go to them for - some places do fancier social engineering (if you want to call it that) through marketing, cover fee adjustments, raised/central VIP features, atmosphere/ambiance catering and whatever else to attract certain people because a big part of the experience actually depends on the customers themselves being able to play a certain role, market research shows that some people just want to be seen by others at the VIP platform, for example

places that want to be high end usually want customers that fit their definition of high end so they might charge steep cover prices (that some people can avoid by being hot i guess) or by keeping labyrinthine queuing tiers to try and get in as many of the right people as possible, they don't discriminate against anyone per se by outright denying service but they won't do special favors for just anyone either - that's pretty much the worst-case scenario and it's rare in my experience

going as far as denying service to customers of an unpreferred race/sexuality/whatever crosses more than a few more lines

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Blue Star posted:

TERFs are irrelevant to this planet and should recognise themselves to be such.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm glad that as a male I don't have to "interfere or seek to include" myself in feminist issues, and so can dedicate myself full time to preserving the reign of our glorious Patriarchy.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People who share their thoughts on TV episodes on facebook as they are happening/shortly after it airs are the worst and are just fishing for people to get pissed at them for "spoiling" it. I don't even care about getting "spoiled" for the most part, I just think it's very annoying attention-seeking behavior on par with posting something like "i'm so mad/sad right now" and being coy about it forever when people ask what's wrong. Go get real non-internet friends, it will make you feel better than watching your like/comments counter go up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Live blogs of films are hilarious for that.

00:52: omg Arnie's on screen!

00:53: omg Arnie's killing dudes!

00:55: one liner, lols!

I just...don't get it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Blue Star posted:

Cis women oppressing transwomen is morally worse than cis men oppressing cis women.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
ranking different types of oppressiveness re: gender, sexuality and race is dumb because one type of oppression never actually justifies another.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Blue Star posted:

I think it's time for you to go outside and stay off the computer for a few days

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grandmother of Five posted:

ranking different types of oppressiveness re: gender, sexuality and race is dumb because one type of oppression never actually justifies another.

Along those lines, even ironic "heh bring on white genocide :smug:" shitposting does nothing but you look creepy and weird. Racism and other poo poo like it is bad no matter who it's aimed at.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you imagine having to spend Christmas with Blue Star? I bet that's a hoot.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Charles Dickens was a poo poo writer and Great Expectations was a poo poo book that I'm still irritated with a dozen years after reading it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Das Boo posted:

Charles Dickens was a poo poo writer and Great Expectations was a poo poo book that I'm still irritated with a dozen years after reading it.

Didn't meet your expectations?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

sassassin posted:

Didn't meet your expectations?

So much I'm hanging out in a wedding dress, vengefully.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Das Boo posted:

hanging out in a wedding dress, vengefully

Das Boo just dropped the hottest cryptic crossword clue of 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Blue Star posted:

Goodness at least put some effort into your trolling. You're barely at "edgy pre-teen telling mom there's no god" level at this point

You're just embarrassing yourself

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

Can you imagine having to spend Christmas with Blue Star? I bet that's a hoot.

i don't think they celebrate christmas, because santa is a man

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like that in the retarded tumblr dumpster fire Blue Star calls life, "cis women should just be called women" somehow qualifies as an unpopular opinion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My very unpopular opinion is that Blue Star, provided they're not a hoax account, is entitled to whatever perspective they have as a function of their experiences.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

My very unpopular opinion is that Blue Star, provided they're not a hoax account, is entitled to whatever perspective they have as a function of their experiences.

yes, and we have a right to laugh at them

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well then someone tell Blue Star's experience that they're a moron.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Calling them an idiot is also fine.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Goodness at least put some effort into your trolling. You're barely at "edgy pre-teen telling mom there's no god" level at this point

You're just embarrassing yourself

What's the point when they've been doing the same level of "trolling" for a very long time and no matter how low effort it is it gets half a page of replies, every single time?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Goons r dumb lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the only good thing about Star Wars: Rogue One was the two Chinese space gay dads.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Although i love the holidays and the whole Santa thing, I'm the only person in my immediate and extended family who thinks we shouldn't pretend Santa is real with my kid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Although i love the holidays and the whole Santa thing, I'm the only person in my immediate and extended family who thinks we shouldn't pretend Santa is real with my kid.

But then your kid will ruin Santa for everyone else.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Do most people have personal memories of believing in Santa and that being good? Because I can't remember that far back, so all I've got is memories of knowing that Santa wasn't real but that you shouldn't say that because adults seemed to be really invested in kids believing it for some reason. As far as I can remember, it's never seemed like a good thing to me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Santa exists solely to emotionally control and blackmail children

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Henchman of Santa posted:

But then your kid will ruin Santa for everyone else.

your pro-santa propaganda will not stand, fiend

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Do most people have personal memories of believing in Santa and that being good? Because I can't remember that far back, so all I've got is memories of knowing that Santa wasn't real but that you shouldn't say that because adults seemed to be really invested in kids believing it for some reason. As far as I can remember, it's never seemed like a good thing to me.

Yes. And I swear this username was just a random thing I came up with in 6th grade and has no meaning.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tiggum you are the most clueless motherfucker on the planet. Go outside dude.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes. And I swear this username was just a random thing I came up with in 6th grade and has no meaning.

sounds like what an ELF WOULD SAY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

sounds like what an ELF WOULD SAY

I'm mostly Jewish!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Santa exists solely to emotionally control and blackmail children

Santa exists to be the first lesson you get in how authority will happily lie to your face.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Most of the "tech advances" we keep crowing over aren't that special or interesting. Many of them are just re-packaged versions of older ideas. The real change is just that a lot of this Sharper-Image-esque bullshit is now "affordable", in that they've convinced you that you should own a "smart" water bottle even though that means nothing, no you don't, and you still owe $40K in student loans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

Most of the "tech advances" we keep crowing over aren't that special or interesting. Many of them are just re-packaged versions of older ideas. The real change is just that a lot of this Sharper-Image-esque bullshit is now "affordable", in that they've convinced you that you should own a "smart" water bottle even though that means nothing, no you don't, and you still owe $40K in student loans.

the hell are you talking about