Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

1- Sandi pretends to get emotional.
2- Chris moves the goalposts.
3- CIG introduces another concept sale.
4- CIG shows a video that doesn't actually represent in-game gameplay.
5- The backers declare it the best presentation ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Welp, no SC adds in Rogue One, pack it in!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Business Insider: Restoration Hardware cuts its outlook, blames the election, and its stock is crashing

Business Insider posted:

Restoration Hardware shares plunged 57% this year through the market close on Thursday, as wealthy shoppers reined in spending. The company said it was addressing several issues including the costs related to the launch of RH Modern — its offering of modern-style furniture — and the transition from a promotional to a membership model.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Just how the models break into a T-pose when the animation fails/falls out of sync, will Pushers facial animation break into Sandis resting bitch face when it to fails? If so, that could be some really scary poo poo, never knowing when it's going to happen. I think they should restrict this game product from younger members of the public.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42
2. star marine trailer with boot camp guy video, kinda corny
3. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month
4. ptu announcement for 2.6
5. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

They're already on 2.6g. It was released yesterday:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.
2. Ship sale with a possible new concept.
3. Clip from SQ42 demo that was previously unseen.
4. Jared WILL be there.
5. Some technical speak involving the new coding (such as obstruction/radar link) and new flight models that will be released with 2.6

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 16, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i thought trump for pres meant more good deals

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

1 - Chris is not there so his part is either skyped in or a prerecorded video.

2 - They spend most of the stream talking up/showing The Spectrum.

3 - They take great pride in show some changes to the planet/city/social module that they released ages ago and no one gives a flying gently caress about. (where the gently caress are the npc?)

4 - Pre-rended video of capital ships.

5 - That drill instructor is not a in game character, but a live actor cos they have poo poo themselves and can't get anything together so are filming poo poo instead.

Bonus 6 - Derek will have his own stream of the stream and resemble a (very young) monkey at play in his own poo poo but still look more trustworthy that Chris 'Send me more Gifts' Roberts

Bonus 7 - Donald Trump will give CiG tax breaks so as to get more of the jobs back in America and Chris will give Trump some kickbacks cos that the way things are gonna work now.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Kosumo posted:

1 - Chris is not there so his part is either skyped in or a prerecorded video.

2 - They spend most of the stream talking up/showing The Spectrum.

3 - They take great pride in show some changes to the planet/city/social module that they released ages ago and no one gives a flying gently caress about. (where the gently caress are the npc?)

4 - Pre-rended video of capital ships.

5 - That drill instructor is not a in game character, but a live actor cos they have poo poo themselves and can't get anything together so are filming poo poo instead.

Bonus 6 - Derek will have his own stream of the stream and resemble a (very young) monkey at play in his own poo poo but still look more trustworthy that Chris 'Send me more Gifts' Roberts

Bonus 7 - Donald Trump will give CiG tax breaks so as to get more of the jobs back in America and Chris will give Trump some kickbacks cos that the way things are gonna work now.

Wow. Racist.

tbf: I don't think you meant it that way. But, MAGA right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

AP posted:

This is a binary choice.

1> Either Derek is full of poo poo and doesn't have sources. Or 2> He does/did have sources and hence, actually knows stuff.

Now if it's 1, it difficult to explain how he knew about Star Marine I being binned 6+ months before Chris Roberts confirmed it. It's also difficult to explain how he knew about the firings/leavings last year immediately after they happened, the dispute with the contractor at CIG LA, the 20k coffee machine plus a pile of other stupid stuff.

Now maybe you could be like moma and think anyone at CIG who was leaking stuff to him has left. Personally I think that's dumb as hell because if it was stressful/annoying enough to leak poo poo over Star Marine I fuckups, I can't imagine it's less stressful/annoying now with them trying to get Star Marine II out the door in less time. But it's worth remembering that The Escapist said "seven ex-employees and two current employees" contacted them when they wrote their hit piece and they explained in detail how they verified them.

Now Citizens will brush The Escapist to one side with a load of crap about keycards etc, but if you're in the game industry I don't think it's a stretch to assume you don't actually want to be identified while moaning about what a horrible bunch of gobshites employed you. I also see no reason for The Escapist to just suddenly go after CIG as strongly as they did out of the blue and to then go one step further by refusing to back down in the face of a legal threat.

I started from the position of being cynical of Derek's claims in July 2015 and always try to independently verify things he's said, I've managed to do this a few times.

To understand why he appears to be blue balling everyone, I think you need to factor in that he's said there's stuff he just can't talk about for legal reasons, stuff he can't prove, things he can't say because it would potentially reveal sources and stuff he's told that sometimes turns out to be wrong (some of which will be CIG management changing their minds, some just wrong). Also, sure he likes trolling but if I was absolutely sure of something, 100% certain, I'd be trolling shitizens who'd setup a hate subreddit in my name too plus people here who constantly whine about him, because why the hell not?

There's two choices and it's obvious to me which is going to turn out be correct. I really do hope he writes a book after CIG goes bust as I'm sure there's more and it's worse.

Either way for the greater part of the year Derek has spent most of his time rehashing this thread on twitter or just throwing poo poo to flames to get people upset as that's what warlords/trolls do. Most every major gaff this year hasn't actually been from him which whatever, it's fine because there's always laughs to be had in this thread. As far as I'm concerned he's just fanning flames to get the internet buzzing because tomorrow will be a "big" day in terms of laughs so why not get some laughs ahead of time?

Everyone here knows the stream tomorrow will be nothing short of a poo poo show but at least CIG had the brain power this time around to not try to shove off technical debt down the road to The Next Big Stream® so really there's two things they need to hit. 2.6 and 2.6 with Star Marine. Sure 3.0 SHOULD be the main point but they've done enough smoke and mirrors to stave the faithful to where they accept the E3 Gamescom promise of 3.0 off.

In terms of him writing a book I'd rather have a post-mortem from someone/people closer to the project. There have been plenty of them for a mound of absolutely massive gently caress ups and I don't think Derek can do it without whatever book he writes turning into 400 pages of word salad and 100 pages of actual content.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Yeah, I thought it could look racist but went with it anyway, I don't think Auntie Derek is to thin skinned about light hearted (opps, more racist stuff, I must be racist at heart!) jokes. If so I'll write him a sorry note and post it in two weeks.

Also, that's not the real Derek, that's someone (most likely a 12 year old Nowegien girl) trolling everyone pretending to be Derek, The real Derek Smart has not been on the internet since 2003 when he left to go finish work on BattleCuriser 3000. (He's been writing the manual for the last 3 years)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 16, 2016

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Kosumo posted:

Yeah, I thought it could look racist but went with it anyway, I don't think Auntie Derek is to thin skinned about light heart (opps, more racist stuff, I must be racist at heart!) jokes. If so I'll write him a sorry note and post it in two weeks.

Also, that's not the real Derek, that's someone (most likely a 12 year old Nowegien girl) trolling everyone pretending to be Derek, The real Derek Smart has not been on the internet since 2003 when he left to go finish work on BattleCuriser 3000. (He's been writing the manual for the last 3 years)

"finish work."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:psyduck:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Just how the models break into a T-pose when the animation fails/falls out of sync, will Pushers facial animation break into Sandis resting bitch face when it to fails? If so, that could be some really scary poo poo, never knowing when it's going to happen. I think they should restrict this game product from younger members of the public.

Already have to keep the backers away from children, only makes sense to keep the whatever the gently caress Star Citizen is away as well.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar.

????????????????????????

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

TheAgent posted:

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. Chris is visibly intoxicated
2. Sandi is visibly stoned
3. Ben is visibly fat
4. Disco is visibly pissed
5. Development is visibly hosed

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Kavak posted:

3. Ben is visibly fat

I could see that.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

1 - Chris announces he is shutting down all extraneous offices and shell corps. Bringing the team count under 60 so he can micro-manage each one personally.
2 - Admits StarEngine is being scrapped in favor of a new engine that will focus on 3 things: flight, autonomous NPCs, and FIDELITY
3 - Confesses the entire idea of LTI is incompatible with the concept of money sinks of online economies and will no longer be honored or included in purchases pledges.
4 - Exhibits new "Refund my entire account" button in account options; Chris accidentally reveals he owns 0 ships.
5 - Live shutdown of the community forums.

Bonus - Breaks the news that only 10million dollars remain and that outside investment is being sought.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Kavak posted:

3. Ben is visible from space

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

reminder: subsumption was originally going to be an update for ArcCorp. That poo poo was 'the next major update', and has completed disappeared out of the consciousness of citizens.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14927-Welcome-To-ArcCorp-Star-Citizen-12-Released - August 29 2015.

quote:

Subsumption

The next major update will be Subsumption, which will showcase some of the hard work that’s been going into the development of systems that will allow us to construct environments filled with intelligent NPCs going about their business and that really feels alive. We’ll be aiming to deliver a completely new environment – Nyx – with that release as well. Final Frontier will follow and enable you and your friends to accept some simple missions while planetside and then head out into space together to accomplish them. Quantum will unveil the full-blown solar system navigation map and allow easy access to any part of the current system, including cities on three other Stanton planets: Hurston, Microtech, and Crusader.

More details will be provided on these updates as they get closer, but that’s the basic roadmap for the near future. In between the major releases it’s quite possible that you’ll see smaller revisions since delivering content becomes far easier as more and more of the underlying foundation comes online. While there’s still a tremendous amount of work to do, the clouds are finally starting to part and the stars are coming into view….

promise 3.0, deliver 2.0. lol.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

TheAgent posted:

1. More footage of the Jeremy Clarkson guy selling ships
2. Something crashes
3. Awkward pauses and nervous looking 'what do we do now?' grins
4. The stream starts late
5. Star Marine is delayed

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.
2. Ship sale with a possible new concept.
3. Clip from SQ42 demo that was previously unseen.
4. Jared WILL be there.
5. Some technical speak involving the new coding (such as obstruction/radar link) and new flight models that will be released with 2.6

They have a radar to work out if there are any obstructions with the current build?? poo poo things really are getting naval over there.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

twintowers.gif

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

I would like to disqualify myself for any rewards as I'm clearly working from inside info here, but predictions:

1. Chris and/or Sandi don't even make an appearance. Lesnick is limited to a walk-on cameo if he's able to make it. Lando will be the host.
2. Another new ship will be sold. Expected price: at least $200.
3. There will be several other "Stream-exclusive" sales with lower prices than November- it's possible that these will be cash only.
4. There will be no new major game features demonstrated. A lot of time will be filled with meandering around the existing game but nothing new is ready. All that planetary landing stuff, all the capital stuff, all the flight decks- none of that was ever even remotely ready for demonstration. 2.6 has been reduced to a 6v6 fps on a single map and even that is unlikely to have made any progress since the last stream.
5. There will be several videos of features, possibly the stupid new website, definitely some "Making-Of" style documentaries with uncomfortable developers. Chris saw the new Doom documentary and wants that kind of buzz for the project. He fails to realize that it was mostly well received because the game is already out, and good.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 16, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

You can't prove I'll never cure cancer. Therefore the chance that I will cure cancer tends to 1 as time tends to infinity.

Ergo, I've cured cancer.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

TheAgent posted:

1. Chris says "paaaarp" at least once during his garbled speech
2. The 2.6 is not ready for public, but they promise release in a few days (within the year). They announce a 2.6.1 build (to patch the 2.6 mess) before the 3.0, in 2017.
3. They have to reboot the server to play another Star Marine session.
4. SQ42 new trailer with "coming in 2017" in the final frames. Chat goes mental.
5. Ship sale. Another promo video with good looking footage that is nothing like anyone is playing or experiencing in the current builds.

I'd very much like them to announce console versions and watch the chat devour itself.
And they could announce that 3.0 is now internally (or publicly) tagged as "beta", but it's probably too early to play that bait card.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TheAgent posted:

1. Sq42 trailer or live reenactment.
2. 2.6 hits some unfortunate blockers and is postponed to next year.
3. chris roberts doesnt play star marine.
4. mocap behind the scene
5. lots of words. And some kind of race between austin and LA team.
The race also decides which studio will close down first.
6. camera screw up's or stream delay's

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Crytek has made their own bad decisions, like trying to create games in cryengine.

I also love the idea that big boy studios or publishers will buy it. lovely company with lovely engine going out of business because no one is buying their lovely product but yeah, I'm sure Activision or Bethesda is just waiting to pounce on the buyout.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Also, I'm pretty sure Cymelion has a legit learning disability. Guy does not understand any aspect of any subject.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen: You call it ridiculous, I call it life.

Exinos posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure Cymelion has a legit learning disability. Guy does not understand any aspect of any subject.
Nah, he's just a daft bugger.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

It will be late
CR will babel
ben will be brought out for filler
sandi will look cranky at some point for more refund gifs
it will be a mess

in the end it will be nothing and the shitizens will cry with joy.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
Hey Moma/Toast

Please put in a good word with Sandi because my refund hasnt been approved.Can you expedite the process for me.

It is christmas after all and think of my cats!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/287795/Players_bored_with_the_game_should_just_stop_playing_says_Rust_dev.php

Also the star citizen community is way ahead of Garry Newman, instead of not playing a game when they're bored, they just opt out of playing any games and instead just dream.

Graphic is relevant to any 2.x releases from CIG. Unless you're a paid shill. Then you melt down constantly like Wtfosaur

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

TheAgent posted:

gently caress it, I'm planning on giving my mom planet coaster and a new computer for Christmas.

1. There will be > 45 minutes of delays total
2. At least Chris or Sandi will be a no-show (bonus point for both? :shobon:)
3. There will be > 3 ship advertisements, each > 30 seconds in length
4. Star Marine demo will fail catastrophically (CTD, Full server failure, etc) at least once
5. 2.6 will be released (with patch notes amounting to "Increased variable patchNumber + 0.1")

I don't post much, but this poo poo-show just keeps giving when it comes to entertainment. From P-Gabz commandoing ( 09 ) to Dr. Smart going erratically trollish while killing time to FYAD metaposting. Thread has it all. (except :eonwe: :saddowns:)

My lowly contribution is a very chill catte: :kimchi:

:justpost: :gary: :justpost:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Posting on the 5th (6th?) page 128, because powers of 2 scale better for special-ness than multiples of 100.

GLORY TO THE STIMPIRE! TORMENT ETERNIZATION FOR ALL GOONIES!

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

mdxi posted:

Posting on the 5th (6th?) page 128, because powers of 2 scale better for special-ness than multiples of 100.

GLORY TO THE STIMPIRE! TORMENT ETERNIZATION FOR ALL GOONIES!

gently caress it.

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

:black101: GLORY TO THE STIMPEROR! :black101:

Zest fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015

TheAgent posted:

I'm going to steal my prediction from https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361635/everything-will-be-answered-tomorrow

1. yes tomorrow will be a bunch of dev's sitting there talking about absolute nonsense, rarely answering the real meaty questions and dodging them to answer fluff that's been answered already 1000 times over.

2. we'll get to see the misc racer which is probably going to look like a space dildo with another absurd jacked up price.

3. we'll see the hopolite or w.e its called which as per recent 2.6 leak videos its a piece of garbage that will probably also come with an absurd pricetag.

4. we'll get told sq42 will be done *soon* and 2.6 will be released to the PTU just so they can do they're usual hype building bs that leads to a weekly community burnout.

5. and then they'll say thanks for watching and piss off.

Edit: SpaceCat

chochmah fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 16, 2016