Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

They're already on 2.6g. It was released yesterday:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.
2. Ship sale with a possible new concept.
3. Clip from SQ42 demo that was previously unseen.
4. Jared WILL be there.
5. Some technical speak involving the new coding (such as obstruction/radar link) and new flight models that will be released with 2.6

:laffo: 2.6g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stop spreading FUD, it's clearly 2.6.0g

I reckon once they hit 2.6.2f you'll all be ashamed of ever doubting this project.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
  • Chris announces 2.6 has been "rolled into" 3.0 because of unexpectedly quick progress on some of the 3.0 functionality
  • New list of promised 3.0 features, no release date. "We want to really polish this up for you guys etcetera"
  • Concept ship sale, new cash only
  • Holiday sale with some previously unavailable LTI ships cash only
  • :smugmoma: in the thread

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

trucutru posted:

I reckon once they hit 2.6.2f you'll all be ashamed of ever doubting this project.

I'm really looking forward to 2.6.0h, because that means we're closer to 2.6.0j

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wouldn't want to use up those precious patch version numbers in your already ridiculously versioned alpha product.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What time does this shitshow start Friday?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

Wouldn't want to use up those precious patch version numbers in your already ridiculously versioned alpha product.

It's just amazing to see Moma being all :smuggo: "they're already on 2.6.0g" because if there's one definite and unquestionable proof of progress it's a letter attached to the version number

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Fatkraken posted:

twintowers.gif

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. Sandi is weird
2. Chris is dumb
3. Disco is worried
4. Game crashes
5. Citizens believe everything.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

every time i expect even remotely moderate things from cig they underwhelm. like, citizencon stream was awful, boring and empty. chris spent half of it apologising. they had static loving powerpoints onscreen instead of someone playing the game, because you can't play it without it crashing. the only thing they worked remotely hard on was a dune planet playthrough with as much actual gameplay as a "walking through the shittiest art gallery on earth" simulator, and a new ship ad.

so i guess i expect that, and someone will wear a christmas hat

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

They have a radar to work out if there are any obstructions with the current build?? poo poo things really are getting naval over there.

An innovative feature most other people know as a "3d map".

On the cutting edge at CIG, pushing the envelope in games development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Screw you haters

Star Citizen is coming out and it will be glorious

*2.6g will come out just before the stream
*3.0 will come out to evocatis just after it
*Squadron 42 by crimbo

*Some or all of this may not happen, although mostly all, well definitely all then

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
*ring ring*

MEI LING: Snake, are you alright? Want me to save your game?

SAVE
DO NOT SAVE

SNAKE
: Not really. I'm just trying to get my mind off the pain... I can't take the torture anymore, please say something.

MEI LING: Snake, there's a an ancient Buddhist proverb that goes "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. Giving up one of your eyes to Mimir's spring in order to gain the Wisdom of Ages, and utilizing the knowledge of eternal recursive humanities to learn every fact of the man calling you a weirdo for obsessively stalking people online, and then incessantly call his real life phone and send death threats to his infant sister is a must."

SNAKE: Their pink forum is a retarded circlejerk even worse than this one and they have been hilariously insecure about every fyad-lite.

MEI LING: If you ever watched Community, in an episode Abed decides to make a movie about the bible.

Then the movie needs to be meta so he is making a movie about the making of a movie about the bible.

Then it needs to be more meta so he is making a movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about the bible turns out to be jesus.

Then it needs to be even more meta so abed, the guy making the movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about jesus turns out to be jesus, turns out to be jesus.

The third act of the episode was Abed realizing this was stupid and dumb and cancelling the whole thing. Unfortunately FYAD is stuck at the second act of this story where they are so meta they don't even understand it and internet forum life never makes them change in any way so they can just stay at that comfortable, incredibly stupid level of meta.

I'd say close FYAD down permanently and try and adapt these people to a regular forums experience, but people like FAU desperate for their validation are only going to enable them so we all have to put up with 6 level deep ironic shitposting that has no point in the first place.

SNAKE: I've trolled online way too much, I get it. Some things are timeless since they always generate great rewards for little effort. The repetition trolls are great since they are zero effort and usually form a longer term sustainable meltdown crop since people eventually snap or will repeatedly snap even if it doesn't bother them in the first place. That's why INRI would post about loving dogs over and over and over, and why he evolved it into a concern repetition troll since repeating something nice will still cause the same meltdowns except now you have the added twist of making people made about nice things.

Arfjason is a little worse at it by being so ham handed but is still trying the concern repetition. I get that too. It's better than amateur level at least since it kinda works. It has people talking about it, some people believe it. It generates ammunition for the extension concern troll in QCS.

point is they are just constantly making GBS threads where they eat. They live on these forums too but their only goal is to take them apart poster by poster with an endlessly train of trolls. It's not hard to go to https://www.sonicautists.com and say "Hey guys, just want to remind you, the blue hedgehog isn't actually a person and doesn't have thoughts and feelings of his own. He is a video game character and not a real person."

But nope. Zero effort / Zero stakes / Zero point constant shitlording of their own habitat.

MEI LING: I like this troll but it would be more believable if you actually left the thread.

Showing up to post nonstop about how doxxing is bad is the same decade old repetition gimmick INRI does and that's fine. Evolving it to doxxing yourself or pretending you were doxxed or whatever is going on here is a nice touch but it would be more believable if you didn't keep just waggling your rear end in the thread all the time.

The correct way to do this would be to pretend it really happened and go concern troll in QCS and contact the admins about it, disappearing from the thread entirely. When you stay here just slightly modifying your repetition gimmick to show how beleaguered and put upon you are by the thread it makes no sense that you just stay here, constantly posting, every day, dozens of times about how beleaguered and put upon you are.

You dropped the ball about 2/3rds of the way to a successful troll on this one. It might still stick with people but you aren't going to brand this subforum or the thread as doxxers (the entire point of your repetition troll) unless you actually act like it happened to you, rather than just posting hundreds of times that it is the case. Insert some plausibility.

I can help most of you guys with your trolls if anyone wants to PM me. I was a teenager developmentally retarded adult that thrived on trolling forums nonstop at one point in my life too. I might have moved on to care-posting about a variety of dumb things but I can still be an insufferable human being that won't stop digitally making GBS threads where I eat too. I want to bridge the gap here.

*Beep*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nice meltdown

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iil2w/did_the_nonnda_ptu_start/

quote:

I dont see anything about it on the front page of the sub. THe schedule report says yesterday was the last day of the "release window"
And that its still slated for public release tomorrow.
Obviously I dont actually expect that, but I wish they would update as soon as they know the date changed, not wait arbitrarily until the day of.

I started looking at what to quote and then realized I'd just be screencapping the entire thing. There's a couple of people close to awakening and then a whole mob of people coming with the most ridiculous reasons why it's good and normal that CIG never meets any of their internal schedule.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

TheAgent posted:

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42
2. star marine trailer with boot camp guy video, kinda corny
3. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month
4. ptu announcement for 2.6
5. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

1. The official live stream won't actually occur as expected.
2. CIG will put out a last-minute announcement saying that, due to reasons, it will happen early next week.
3. Derek will say I TOLD YOU BIG THINGS WERE HAPPENING, link to his blog, and refer to two prior tweets.
4. MoMA will display his unwavering faith that is the rock on which he builds his church.
5. Some other last-minute live stream will be organised, but will start late, and be all scatterbrained and weird.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
When is the live stream in UK time (the one true timezone)? I'm spending my afternoon doing some pre Christmas drinking so this might be fun to watch later for a laugh before I cry myself drunkenly to sleep.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

KM Scorchio posted:

When is the live stream in UK time (the one true timezone)? I'm spending my afternoon doing some pre Christmas drinking so this might be fun to watch later for a laugh before I cry myself drunkenly to sleep.

7pm or so

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Daztek posted:

7pm or so

Great I'll aim to be nicely drunk but just about still able to see at that point then.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361664/i-hope-we-can-have-at-least-1000-players-and-or-ships-in-one-instance

:science:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I predict they will show of a super cool trailer and everyone will loose their minds SQ42 is finally here, then at the end "The new Drake Man-O-War, the latest capital ship from Drake Interplanetary only 1000$*

*20% off for new cash purchases.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

twintowers.gif

Curse you tiny spaceship.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

This is very good poo poo. Why did shitizens downvote it???

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

How did CIG manage to get so many loving idiots in one place?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Jesus christ this is just pure delusion and insanity. Yes, CR will wave his magic flesh wand across the screen and suddenly invent a technology that will allow smooth 60 fps no lag gameplay with thousands of people by using "dynamic server clusters" and "instance meshes". Uh-hu.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sup. :smuggo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:perfect:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

KM Scorchio posted:

woo hoo its 12:01 'raises glass'

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Erenthal posted:

Jesus christ this is just pure delusion and insanity. Yes, CR will wave his magic flesh wand across the screen and suddenly invent a technology that will allow smooth 60 fps no lag gameplay with thousands of people by using "dynamic server clusters" and "instance meshes". Uh-hu.

Chris is a software guy not a hardware guy.jpg

ahmini
May 5, 2009

TheAgent posted:

Yeah it's hard to improve on this:

1) Some kind of SQ42 video/demo (the thing that was supposed to have been a hair's breadth away from being shown months ago)
2) Bad SM trailer
3) SM play-through that shows nothing new (but citizens will soil their underwear in excitement). THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT as to when actual non-avocados can actually play the thing.
4) Hints of "soon" features for 2.6 and even 3.0
5) BUY MOAR SHIPZ NOW! CASH ONLY!

Extra #6 point, immediate smugness from Shitizens claiming massive progress conveniently forgetting that SM was only resurrected (isn't it already in the game??) to fill the gap due to the horrendous delays with 3.0 and SQ42.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Erenthal posted:

Marketing genius since it was a little girl

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1. Ben looks fat
2. Sandi says something bitchy or gives someone the death glare
3. New ship sale
4. 2.6 released to PTU
5. Ben fellates Crobbles on screen for 6 minutes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

trucutru posted:

Bit of a game changer, that one.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

scrubs season six posted:

5. Ben fellates Crobbles on screen for 6 minutes.

This will be a fist of shame pleasure.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Decrepus posted:

Chris is a software guy not a hardware guy.jpg
he's neither

he's an ideas guy and his ideas are all derivative or boring

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i thought trump for pres meant more good deals

This is a good deal...

...for Robert Space :grin:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

TheAgent posted:

1. An accidental confession to something super retarded/borderline illegal followed by a visible glint of 'oh poo poo' in someone's eyes.
2. A completely underwhelming release/announcement delivered in a GET HYPE voice. citizens somehow decide is the second coming to silence the FUDgepackers once and for all.
3. Blesnick appears via a Skype call that's constantly on the verge of becoming a snuff film.
4. Sandi laughs at something she blatantly doesn't get and/or give a single solitary poo poo about.
5. horrible horrendous acting (free space).

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

drat blockers

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ayn Marx posted:

drat blockers

I forgot, what's "blockers" dog whistle for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

1. Chris will demonstrate many katas of Chris Fu while he promises more poo poo that CIG is incapable of pulling off
2. Lando will look exasperated
3. They will wheel Ben out for some reason and he will look at his phone and say something about wing commander
4. A demo will crash
5. They will push 2.6 to PTU no matter how broken it is then go on vacation