Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I forgot, what's "blockers" dog whistle for

bullshit, much like all the other citizen lingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

What do you think the Citizens would do , if the big announcement tomorrow ended up being :

Chris hauling his gut on stage and telling everyone that SQ42 will be available on consoles as well as PC upon release ... in 2019

He will clap and look around , then Ben will appear behind him and slowly cut his throat with his pilgrims cross

Fade to black as the cackle of sandi reverberates throughout the room

That escalated rather quickly.
:stare:

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42
2. star marine trailer with boot camp guy video, kinda corny
3. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month
4. ptu announcement for 2.6
5. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

1. A new ship sale will be hinted at for the future (gotta keep them fish hooked)
2. 2.6 postponed and will be released by Christmas because of PR not actual progress
3. Sandi and/or Chris do something Cringe-worthy. (Bonus points if together)
4. Chris expands the game scope again with questions.
5. Derek will tweet throughout the charade and drop one-liners followed by *BREAKING NEWS* -- READ MY NEW BLOG

Did I cheat by using Derek?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tooterfish posted:

How did CIG manage to get so many loving idiots in one place?

Dynamic mesh technology allows 1,000 idiots on a server.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
can we get a star citizen-themed krusty meme for this special occasion?

thanks and god bless

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Merry christmas everyone

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
merry chrismas

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. Lots of delays while they try to get their build to compile.
2. Awkward dead air.
3. At least one quotable hot mic moment.
4. A look of wide-eyed terror.
5. No Ben.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

How did CIG manage to get so many loving idiots in one place?

Promised all the dreams while pretending to be at the same time a mature studio and a cheeky underdog. Never nailing any features allow the backers to project the "dream game" they have in their mind on the product. Turning shopping into act of faith for a majorly unspiritual, introvert population. Astroturf propaganda. Fake scarcity.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
When is the best drat livestream ever since it was a little girl scheduled to start?

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iodrp/what_will_you_purchase_at_the_sale/

What will you purchase at the sale? The first three comments are "Nothing!".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

When is the best drat livestream ever since it was a little girl scheduled to start?

7pm GMT.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
1. Delayed start ofc
2. No Crobbers or Sandi cos holidays
3. lovely streamer set up again with delayed lets do some other poo poo like parade around the hanger.
4. Some talk about new lovely social side. might include some slides.
5. Star Marine with no new stuff and a pitch for a ship sale.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

1. ! raffle
2. ! raffle
3. ! raffle
4. <message deleted>
5. ! raffle

Roll roll roll your build
loving up the stream
Chris is high, Ben is fat
Sandi lives the dream

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

Here's the countdown timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...am&csz=1/H3PVjD

Here's the RSI thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361722/holiday-2016-livestream-hype-thread

Here's the Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Have a great day!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

chochmah posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iodrp/what_will_you_purchase_at_the_sale/

What will you purchase at the sale? The first three comments are "Nothing!".

Well you see the blue bar marked Content in this internal schedule? That is where "DREAMS" happen.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

1. They will show a 'people of cig' movie , similar to what you would see after a horrific plane crash. Lots of fade cuts to the next person.

2. At least one of the shots will be Chris and or Sandi smiling and waving as they board a private jet

3. Ben is nowhere to be found

4. Sale sale sale

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

When you are very, very silent, you can hear the rushed build for the stream beeing compiled right now....bit by bit....tick...tock...tick....tickle....tock

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I guarantee that 100% of money from this sale is what's going into affording all the executive bonuses they have planned. These poor schmucks will be spending their budgeted Christmas money to help out millionaires running a scam buy more useless poo poo this winter.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
you guys have no idea, this game is going to be the Citizen Tane of gaming

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I need a little help here, brothers and sisters. All the time I have spent on Reddit in the Citizenry threads are making me wonder what it would be like to back RSI. I know I shouldn't, but I want that dream. Please, help me hang tough and save me before it is too late!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
1. Sandi won't be on the live stream since she's still furious about her resting bitch face moment. However she will still appear in a pre taped and edited piece. (Narcissism runs strong in that one).
2. Chris won't be on the live stream since he will "still be busy in the UK". However, like Sandi, he will have a pre taped and edited segment to wish everyone well and to send him more money.
3. Derek will breathe heavy into his open mic as he watches the stream making it uncomfortable for the majority of his viewers.
4. This thread and Reddit thread will have diametrically opposed view points of what happened and what it represents. Neither viewpoint will be actually accurate.
5. The stream will not only start late but their please standby portion will also start late and will be glitchy ad for ship sales featuring drills sergeant (who will have a similar name and style to that guy in the tv and movie)

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
just wanted to personally thank moma/toast for putting in a good word and getting my refund processed.

Without that push from you toast I dont think they would have done it.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Months

Til SQ42

?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

SO PUMPED!!!! 2.6 come on! WHO'S HYPED????

JACKED TO THE RITZ

sorry i am eating now

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Truga posted:

you guys have no idea, this game is going to be the Citizen Tane of gaming

Rosebutt!!! *parp*

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Lladre posted:

1. Sandi won't be on the live stream since she's still furious about her resting bitch face moment. However she will still appear in a pre taped and edited piece. (Narcissism runs strong in that one).
2. Chris won't be on the live stream since he will "still be busy in the UK". However, like Sandi, he will have a pre taped and edited segment to wish everyone well and to send him more money.
3. Derek will breathe heavy into his open mic as he watches the stream making it uncomfortable for the majority of his viewers.
4. This thread and Reddit thread will have diametrically opposed view points of what happened and what it represents. Neither viewpoint will be actually accurate.
5. The stream will not only start late but their please standby portion will also start late and will be glitchy ad for ship sales featuring drills sergeant (who will have a similar name and style to that guy in the tv and movie)

6 shitzens masturbating furiously on the tiniest thing.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.

lol

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

unreasonable demands like "release a game within 5 years or at least a beta"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ah poo poo I might not be able to watch the livestream this year.

If any of my predictions come true I pick Samizdata to be incredibly smug all over the thread for me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

If any of my predictions come true I pick Samizdata to be incredibly smug all over the thread for me.

I got your back, buddy. Your faith is what I need to pull me back from the brink.

EDIT: Wait. Does that make me the Anti-MoMA? Because if so, that is kinda awesome.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 16, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

I got your back, buddy. Your faith is what I need to pull me back from the brink.

I for one think Samizdata is doing an excellent job and I can't wait to see what new vicarious smugness his next update will bring!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No, you're "Everything is six feet to the left MoMA"

There is no anti-MoMA, just a series of MoMAs from alternate timelines where mundane things are a little bit different.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
When is the stream?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

No, you're "Everything is six feet to the left MoMA"

There is no anti-MoMA, just a series of MoMAs from alternate timelines where mundane things are a little bit different.

Well, hell then, so I am MoMA with an inadequately adjustable belt. Dang.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

You will regret your words when they release Squadron 42 Prologue live on stream.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When is the stream?

I'm not going to be able to catch it because I'm taking my kids to watch Rogue One. SAD!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

You will regret your words when they release Squadron 42 Prologue live on stream.

<stares at Ben playing Galaga during the stream>

Yeahhhhhhhh, riiiiiiiiiiight...

Also, mods, sounds like time for a mod challenge/involuntary :toxx: on this one, especially as he is mod sassing.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 16, 2016

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When is the stream?

In 2 hours 45 minutes like 11am pst noon mountain 1 pm central 2pm est because I have no idea what that euroscum gmt thing is supposed to be!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

CIG update. Disco Lando has been told to log in to the forums.

Probably because....:grin:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809533111553892352

Scruffpuff posted:

My guess is that he's not starting a dialogue - he's getting his predictions out there, to the public, with timestamps, because when this collapses and all the poo poo floats to the surface, he'll have a huge archive of material that can be cross-referenced with the newly surfaced facts. They'll either match up with what he's been saying all along, or not. Either way it goes it'll be funny as poo poo, but for very different reasons.

Busted :vince:

Shitizens still don't get how my plan works; even though I tend to use my social media posts as cited links in my blogs and statements. It's uncanny to me that people can be so dumb as to ignore the obvious. Kinda like my Quora response to Star Citizen (over 1300 views to date) which has them in knots over on /r/ds because somehow they can't reconcile why I would even respond, let alone in the manner that I did. Because somehow, they are of the opinion that I want to turn people away from the project, watch it burn etc, this despite the fact that since it's pure and utter shite, my sole purpose is to have people try it for themselves, see that I'm right, then either run far away, or tell their friends to get a refund or run away. And those who do try and like it enough to spend money on it, will be part of the rage machine down the road when the collapse comes.

They're clueless.

TheAgent posted:

yea, most of them are on sa or have seen Derek's Twitter

I've turned down several requests to talk to gaming sites because gently caress me if I'm going to name names and ruin careers over klobbers $140m gently caress up

That's what some of these Shitizen clowns don't get. NONE of us are out to hurt anyone. I don't know about about other leakers, by my sole purpose, since day one, has always been about accountability. Which is why my target remains the project and those heading it. Like anyone is going to risk ruining someone's job and/or livelihood just to score points and lols against some inconsequential rear end-clowns on the Internet. At the end of the day, if CIG sees something that's false, the onus is on them to take the necessary action and prove it to be false. It really is that simple. It's not like they can't afford the legal bills.

Samizdata posted:

Hey, Derek, will you please stop telling people I am one of your alts, already? This is getting really stale.

:grin: They won't care, everyone is my alt.