Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I am resisting tweeting at Bumdi asking what's up with the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I am resisting tweeting at Bumdi asking what's up with the next episode.

They usually finish on Sundays, but the last episode was nearly a week late, so I assume they're just dropping a week and trying to do this next one for this next Sunday.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
A quick search for raw episodes a few weeks back showed that Bumdi has been a week behind the entire time. Which is fine! But I think there are two unsubbed episodes or there.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Propaganda Machine posted:

A quick search for raw episodes a few weeks back showed that Bumdi has been a week behind the entire time. Which is fine! But I think there are two unsubbed episodes or there.

Yeah, I went idly tooling around the Wikipedia page and was shocked to spoil part of episode 8(?) for myself.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

They were a week behind. Then pokemon came out and Bumdi lost another week.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I stopped Society Game at Episode 3 - just wasn't feeling it. Foreign Survivorey games don't work too well for me since I have alot of trouble remembering the contestants beyond a couple of people, and there didn't seem to be a really good "hook" to get me to invest more like in The Genius.

Is it worth continuing? Is MJ still the best?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

MisterZimbu posted:

I stopped Society Game at Episode 3 - just wasn't feeling it. Foreign Survivorey games don't work too well for me since I have alot of trouble remembering the contestants beyond a couple of people, and there didn't seem to be a really good "hook" to get me to invest more like in The Genius.

Is it worth continuing? Is MJ still the best?

No way to tell if you'd still be into it, but it definitely got a lot more interesting.

Yes, 100% the best.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Is it okay if I start watching Crime Scene from S2, or do I need to watch S1 for stuff to make sense? Looking for a show after The Genius, but impressions of Crime Scene S1 don't seem to be very good.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Each episode is really self-contained, so you can definitely start with S2. You do want to go in order within s2 though (why wouldn't you though), because the comradery and inside jokes sort of build as they go along. Also, S1 has a weak start but it's pretty widely agreed it kicks into a higher gear when they stop having cases be two episodes long, which means you could start at... I think s1e7 and it's good from there.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Ahem

quote:

Yoon Hyunjoon has stated that the third season of Crime Scene is currently in the final stages of preparation. The first two seasons took about half a year to prepare, and stated the preparation for the third season was about the same amount of time. They plan to release the season within the first half of 2017.

Yoon Hyunjun also stated on December 8th that he's putting together a new production team for the third season, last season was well loved by fans so please expect a lot.

Crime Scene is a JTBC show which had its broadcast in 2014. It is a high level thinking show involving the use of acting and deducing work. Based on actual events, the crime scenes are made with evidences to help find the real criminal amongst the cast members. Another show that has been well received for the amount of intellect is tvN's The Genius.

Crime Scene usually earns a ~1% audience rating however is heavily praised by the viewers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/koreanvariety/comments/5hb9t0/jtbc_crime_scene_to_have_a_3rd_season/

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:woop:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Aww yes. This is the best news to have come in a while for me. I needed something to fill the void and I'm glad they're bringing Crime Scene 3 back.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/807592673976561669

arrowdust
Jan 26, 2015

Ep 7 is up. https://t.co/dNrjpZ9n7V

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
It's a good episode. Rooting for Asol to beat Haesung now. Haesung sucks. MJ still rules but she eliminated someone I liked..

Also the preview is so good.

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 11, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm thrilled with that move from MJ but we'll see how it pans out. I'm glad Asol got to stick around though! This episode was definitely a bit of a coming out party for him.

That Obama quote at the end :(

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm thrilled with that move from MJ but we'll see how it pans out. I'm glad Asol got to stick around though! This episode was definitely a bit of a coming out party for him.

That Obama quote at the end :(

I'm glad the spirit of Sangguk lives on in him. Another rebellion seems incredibly likely soon, so I wonder if he'll change his final three. Or...

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Also the preview is so good.

Preview: Possible MJ/Asol MMAlliance? Too strong...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I HEARD THE NEWS ABOUT CRIME SCENE 3 THIS IS AN ALLCAPS OCCASION

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Finally Auntie Hwang got to shine ! That smile at the end when Byungkwam was already slapping himself to not collapse :allears: Having her just stand still for half the challenge was another one in the tradition of REALLY bad game decisions by Madong, you first want to get all three opposing runners at 10 km/h before really turning up the dial on anyone. Haesun being useless and Hael not nearly as good as in practice did not help.

Poor Byungkwan, he gave it all and it did not matter in the end.

Pharoh having the insta-Leader cheat could spell doom for MJ with the unannounced elimination of Dongwhan. The MJ/Inson/Jiwon/Macho bloc have a 4/3 majority now and this is the only chance for the others to get through.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I can't believe Haesung has been leader for this long, I know editing plays a part but he's displayed basically no leadership qualities whatsoever. Him being at the top through sheer politics has really done a number on that team.

MJ is simply doing what most leaders do, consolidating power and eliminating threats. So far it's been working incredibly well and now she gets to purely focus on Pharoh with his leader card thing. Even if she's eventually toppled as leader, she's proven to be too valuable to eliminate and will make basically everyone's Top 3. But hey, it's 2016, anything can happen.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

you shut your whore mouth :mad:

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Watch the BTS clips. Doughwan is so funny in them which is why I'll miss him.

Also the ironic thing is by eliminating Donghwan, she gives Pharaoh a reason to use his leader name plate as they seemed quite close and he seems taken aback by his elimination

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 11, 2016

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Since MJ doesn't have any blacklists yet, Pharaoh would have to use his card and then deliberately tank the game in order to be sure about making a move. That doesn't seem to be in his nature. I think she'll smooth things over given a day.

Looking back I was initially afraid MJ would be killed off by her team, but now we're watching her glorious march to victory and I love it.

On the Madong side, my guess for next week is Byunkwang successfully rebels and does away with Asol, Haesung, or Injik. I think Seolhwa and Kyrungryul will support him, and either Asol or Injik depending on who he's planning to off. Or I guess it's possible that Madong actually wins next week and no one goes home. (Speculation spoiler-ed due to listing survivors, not because of preview).

Kangra
May 7, 2012

CeeJee posted:

Having her just stand still for half the challenge was another one in the tradition of REALLY bad game decisions by Madong, you first want to get all three opposing runners at 10 km/h before really turning up the dial on anyone. Haesun being useless and Hael not nearly as good as in practice did not help.

Possibly a trick of editing, but Hael at least got Insun started on the treadmill when she finally connected, and didn't seem to be much worse than anyone else (relative to her expected performance).

Madong's not only low on morale (in no small part because of a bad leader), but they've made some terrible moves in the games.Not starting up all the treadmills might have been the worst.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Madong guys needs to practice their throws, that was like a toddler throwing a ball for the first time, too many times. Would have sunk my spirits had I been on that team in any position. From a health perspective I didn't like what I saw, when he splashed down afterwards he should have received cooled water bottles in armpits and between legs. Saw they had bottles for drinking off-camera on the run, surely they had medics check up on them on off-camera moments? :ohdear: Madong's a book of bad illogical moves to not make, WHY, HOW.

Nopdong , happy to see Insun all cheery afterwards. That elimination was extending an olive branch to Pharoh in my view, maybe an entire olive tree. You gotta make good decisions quickly in what she's into and this ought to pay off better than if he'd gone based on getting the tag, like they would have done in Madong without any thought.

Next episode preview , oh this is good :unsmith: MJ with her hair down :unsmith: chopping wood :unsmith:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Madong guys needs to practice their throws, that was like a toddler throwing a ball for the first time, too many times. Would have sunk my spirits had I been on that team in any position. From a health perspective I didn't like what I saw, when he splashed down afterwards he should have received cooled water bottles in armpits and between legs. Saw they had bottles for drinking off-camera on the run, surely they had medics check up on them on off-camera moments? :ohdear: Madong's a book of bad illogical moves to not make, WHY, HOW.

It mentioned in a subtitle that medical teams checked on all runners. Is this a spoiler? I'll be safe anyway.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

BSam posted:

It mentioned in a subtitle that medical teams checked on all runners. Is this a spoiler? I'll be safe anyway.

Ah, managed to miss that one.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Finally finished Crime Scene 2. Good lord the entire season was a massive step up from the previous one. All the cast members were perfect in every way, and the guests were much better even. Each case was way more involved and intricate and the detective format really freed people to concentrate on investigating and not worry about suspicion.

And now Crime Scene 3 is in production!? I cannot wait. I will finally start to catch up on Society game now so I can read all these black bars.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shabadu posted:

Finally finished Crime Scene 2. Good lord the entire season was a massive step up from the previous one. All the cast members were perfect in every way, and the guests were much better even. Each case was way more involved and intricate and the detective format really freed people to concentrate on investigating and not worry about suspicion.

And now Crime Scene 3 is in production!? I cannot wait. I will finally start to catch up on Society game now so I can read all these black bars.

Watching the director come into his own during the investigations is pretty great.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Byunkwang is a BEAST! I was so sad the comeback kid story didn't pan out, I wanted it so bad. Ah well.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I remain team MJ because I am scared shitless of her.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I am team mj because she is strong and clever and pretty and nice

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Finally got to watch this episode. MJ turned out to be a more ruthless leader than any of the "dictators" on the other side, huh. Madong is falling apart because of Sangook's little noble breakdown and his "line of succession" being a guy no one likes and that can't really lead. I think I would've just hosed off after dealing with pouty Asol alliance because I decided to keep Sangook, say "gently caress you, ring the bell, I'm gonna get murdered anyway so I'm taking the easy way out". Haesung is a bit too...hopeful for that, tho.

There's something to be said for metaphors here again, nobility/inherited power can give you poo poo leaderships while democratic power ends up establishing very effective people...but once they're rooted there, they ain't coming out. Don't get me wrong, I'm still Team MJ, but barring a legit coop she ain't losing her spot on top 3. Also on a metaphorical sense, as chauvinistic as Asian cultures tend to be, it's funny how the Girl Team keeps beating the other side and how MJ uses that culture to play Nopdong over and over again.

Now to see if Asol figures he can scheme better on the other side (he can't), and who the hell gets to bail from Madong Hell. If I were Haesung I'd just force a rebellion and run away before my head's on the guillotine. Pledge eternal alliance to Queen MJ if needed be and RUN.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

MJ could easily go out. The coup token used on the same day as a loss/throwing a game could see anyone thrown out. There's still a long way until the final

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

MJ could easily go out. The coup token used on the same day as a loss/throwing a game could see anyone thrown out. There's still a long way until the final

I mean you could do that, but that person is going to go the next day. What I'm betting is going to happen is She's going to trade Pharoh which would wrap up that problem quite nicely. (speculation based on previews)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Legitimate yet dumb question:

Why is Pharoh's name spelled that way? I can't generally pick peoples' names out mid-dialogue (dude, Korean is HARD, and I'm saying this as somebody with decent emergency Chinese). Is it that his name is the translation of literally ancient Egyptian pharaoh? Did his parents actually name him something like King, or Rex? A transliteration of [feh-row] shouldn't have the weird English spelling whatsits.

Does anybody actually know?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Zythrst posted:

I mean you could do that, but that person is going to go the next day. What I'm betting is going to happen is She's going to trade Pharoh which would wrap up that problem quite nicely. (speculation based on previews)

That's possible. Or she could trade it with him for something. Or he could use it to get rid of mj's allies and force her to change alliances somewhat.

What does happen to it if pharoah gets the boot?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Legitimate yet dumb question:

Why is Pharoh's name spelled that way? I can't generally pick peoples' names out mid-dialogue (dude, Korean is HARD, and I'm saying this as somebody with decent emergency Chinese). Is it that his name is the translation of literally ancient Egyptian pharaoh? Did his parents actually name him something like King, or Rex? A transliteration of [feh-row] shouldn't have the weird English spelling whatsits.

Does anybody actually know?

It could be his Rapper name or something

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BSam posted:

It could be his Rapper name or something

I think that's literally it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Whilst we're all fans here and there isn't a ton of complete Genius noobies visiting the thread, I was pretty pumped for this so you might be too.

Rob C and Stephen Fishbach of Survivor and RHAP fame are doing a Know It Alls style audiobook recapping Season 1 of The Genius. First episode is up on the website/your podcast app for free. The rest is $3.99

Great excuse to do another rewatch over the Christmas break.
http://robhasawebsite.com/genius-knowitalls-season-1-audiobook-preview-episode-1-podcast/