Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of Gumball, I kinda think maybe CN should look at The Choices for an Emmy nom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
So what do you guys think of mighty magiswords?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like it's finally kinda gotten into its groove pacing-wise, and it's pretty good. Not amazing, but I wouldn't change the channel if it was on.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Gaunab posted:

So what do you guys think of mighty magiswords?

I started out being really turned off by all the rapidfire pacing, but after having it on in the background for a few episodes I like it. Like enough to keep having it on in the background. I don't know if the show grew into itself or if I just "get" it now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

!!!!

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/806619624372666368

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Really like that they kept the Paul Rudish ending credits aesthetic. It looks nice.

The fact that the clip is a retread of the conflict of the movie is a disappointment though.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Meh. Looks like yet another attempt to recapture the effort/profit ratio of TTG. The animation is mediocre, the writing doesn't seem that strong, and also:

kefkafloyd posted:

The fact that the clip is a retread of the conflict of the movie is a disappointment though.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was, against all odds, a great movie, and the sequel was pretty good too. I don't know if it'll make a good cartoon, that clip's only 3 minutes, but so far I'm unimpressed.

I guess with all these cool pilots full of potential they're putting out, it's disappointing to see a half-baked movie tie-in like this was Disney back in the day.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I give it three weeks before it's shoved into the Waffle Broiler.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Oh, wow, a Gravity Falls had an in-character Reddit AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/gravityfalls/comments/315yoy/im_bill_cipher_i_know_lots_of_things_ask_me/
That show can make me laugh harder than anything I've watched in a long time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cartoon Network is promoing a new series coming out in January, My Knight and Me. It looks and feels like something from 10 years ago and will probably languish and die in Saturday morning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It has the aesthetics of a ripoff of a dreamworks movie.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Finally took the plunge and started watching Milo Murphy's Law. So far it's great, though time will tell if it has the same legs Phineas and Ferb had.

Also, for a show created by the creators of Phineas and Ferb and starring Weird Al Yankovic, there is not as much singing as I was hoping for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for 12 Days of Magiswords so the annoying too-loud COLLECT A MAGISWORD noise plays during EVERY SHOW.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Ladybubs aired a MUSICAL christmas special in france today. It'll be out in English on Netflix and Youtube on the 19th.

There is a very important gif from it:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

So Ladybubs aired a MUSICAL christmas special in france today. It'll be out in English on Netflix and Youtube on the 19th.

There is a very important gif from it:

Watched it last night. In French. Still enjoyed it.

I first saw Miraculous totally by chance when I put the Disney Channel on as a distraction for my rampaging 1-year-old, saw the 'Pixelator' episode, wondered what the hell I was looking at, and now I'm hooked and can't get enough of it. The fight scenes in 'Kung Food' are like something from Looney Tunes in their pace and comic timing.

On a more nerdy level, the facial animation on Marinette/Ladybug is absolutely gorgeous, all the more so for a kids' TV show with a limited budget and schedule. Somebody's spending a lot of time giving her really subtle reactions and micro-expressions as well as the broader, more cartoony stuff.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I found a Dofus (a prequel series to Wakfu) movie on Steam and it's basically perfect in every way. I HIGHLY recommend it if you're at all a fan of the series (or even if you're not since you don't need to know anything to enjoy it)

Highlights:

and also other cool stuff too I guess.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The dub of the Christmas special is out on the 19th on (US, so idk what is happening there) Netflix and their YouTube channel.

Also totally agree with you in the facial animation.

I watch it in French because I love the French dub quite a bit, but I also like CrisVee's singing so I'll prob watch the dub of that episode too. (Ladybug's song was my favorite of the episode, though I did prefer dabbing Santa Claus as far as giffable moments go. Also the lyrics to the song are the best.)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Also, for a show created by the creators of Phineas and Ferb and starring Weird Al Yankovic, there is not as much singing as I was hoping for.
Watch the opera episode.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

well if poo poo is just gonna happen willy nilly everywhere then Disney XD better, idk, have some sort of week special where Spider-man shows up in every cartoon they're airing because why not, that's not the oddest thing that would happen anymore
That'd be a nice throwback to theme weeks during sweeps.

Oh no, that crazy Urkel built a jetpack! But his confabulator threw him off course and he crash landed in the Binford Tools Tooltime show! And look, now he's helping this boy meet the world! What crazyness!

Hey lets all TimeWarp back to random eras for no good reason!

Lets put Fraiser in, uh, Suddenly Susan I guess? And then she could be catching a cab and bump into Niles for no reason too? And Caroline in the City could maybe be listening to Fraiser's radio show when Richard calls in to talk about his feelings? That sounds good, right?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

The dub of the Christmas special is out on the 19th on (US, so idk what is happening there) Netflix and their YouTube channel.

Also totally agree with you in the facial animation.

I watch it in French because I love the French dub quite a bit, but I also like CrisVee's singing so I'll prob watch the dub of that episode too. (Ladybug's song was my favorite of the episode, though I did prefer dabbing Santa Claus as far as giffable moments go. Also the lyrics to the song are the best.)

I'll prob also watch the dub, but Bryce Pappenbrook's singing in a previous episode left a lot to be desired, so we'll see how that goes in an full on musical episode.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

That'd be a nice throwback to theme weeks during sweeps.

Oh no, that crazy Urkel built a jetpack! But his confabulator threw him off course and he crash landed in the Binford Tools Tooltime show! And look, now he's helping this boy meet the world! What crazyness!

Hey lets all TimeWarp back to random eras for no good reason!

Lets put Fraiser in, uh, Suddenly Susan I guess? And then she could be catching a cab and bump into Niles for no reason too? And Caroline in the City could maybe be listening to Fraiser's radio show when Richard calls in to talk about his feelings? That sounds good, right?

The best version of this was when Mary Worth shared a cab ride with The Phantom.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

Three things I loved from the Christmas special: Ladybug's aforementioned song; our heroine beating up the actual Santa Claus before he even turns evil (in fact, being responsible for it happening); and the total "Merry Christmas, motherfucker!" moment with Evil Santa's present.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
So they announced the cast for the DuckTales reboot, and guess who they got for Scrooge?

David Tennant!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So Doctor Who is Scrooge, I'm fine with that. I would like to hear some voice clips of the new cast doing the characters though before I pass judgement on it but Disney generally has a good track record as far as picking voice actors is concerned.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

David Tennant has a pretty broad Scottish accent, he's just good at masking it. Should be a legit good choice, not just a big name.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Of all those I think I'm most excited about Ben Schwartz

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Larryb posted:

So Doctor Who is Scrooge, I'm fine with that. I would like to hear some voice clips of the new cast doing the characters though before I pass judgement on it but Disney generally has a good track record as far as picking voice actors is concerned.

Well, David Tennant is Scottish, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. What you hear in most of his roles is not his natural accent.

Weird though, since Disney just put out a Mickey Mouse cartoon that had Scrooge McDuck voiced by John Kassir doing a halfway decent Alan Young impression. I guess if you can get David Tennant, you use David Tennant though.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I remember seeing a clip in some documentary about budgies that had him narrating it in his resting accent. Native accent? I'm not sure what the normal term is. Anyways, should be good.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

raditts posted:

Well, David Tennant is Scottish, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. What you hear in most of his roles is not his natural accent.

Weird though, since Disney just put out a Mickey Mouse cartoon that had Scrooge McDuck voiced by John Kassir doing a halfway decent Alan Young impression. I guess if you can get David Tennant, you use David Tennant though.

I was really pulling for Craig Ferguson, but I was only familiar with Tennant by hearing clips of him as Dr. Who and his role on Jessica Jones. We pulled up a bunch of other stuff where he talks in his natural Scottish mode and it was quite good.

Hell, Alan Young masked his accent for years as Wilbur, but he went natural for Scrooge and he did a great job. So I think Tennant will do fine.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZek9PFMYOw

Cool we can get David Tennant talking about Xehanorts and time travels in Kingdom Hearts

Edit: my bad that video was already embedded in the linked article but hey now it's here

Argue fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 16, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It is interesting that they're giving the Triplets distinct (not to mention male) voices this time around. I wonder if this means they'll have unique personalities as well (which was one of the few things Quack Pack did right). I highly doubt they're going to recast Donald though.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The more I hear about this new Ducktales series, the more I like it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So that new Justice League hits the states tonight. I guess at this point Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil will just keep being Joker and Batman till they die because its fun.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I was never feeling too hot on this revival (I would have way preferred TaleSpin, given this is the era of more serialized cartoons) but wow does this cast list have me interested.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

So that new Justice League hits the states tonight. I guess at this point Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil will just keep being Joker and Batman till they die because its fun.

Why does it have to stop there? Create vocaloids of Conroy Batman and Hamill Joker and you're set forever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Why does it have to stop there? Create vocaloids of Conroy Batman and Hamill Joker and you're set forever.

Conroy basically is a vocaloid at this point. I mean I love the guy but his last few Bat-performances have felt pretty phoned in.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Mark Hamil needs to take some time out to be Trickster again for the Flash series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He played the Trickster in one of the Lego Justice League movies and the entire joke was people thinking he was the Joker. I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
WHAT THE gently caress? CRISPIN FREEMAN STILL DOES WORK AND IS MARTIAN MANHUNTER? I thought Dracula quit VA to be a college professor?