Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Hey friends, come and join me play this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i'll hop on in a few

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have this thing called a job

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also it appears that supply boxes are half off with COD points so guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
NO JACKS. BAD NOODLE BOY.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have this thing called a job

i traded my job for anxiety and more free time to get angry at COD and volleyball

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Infinite Warfare sales are down 50% year-over-year from Black Ops 3. And that's with MWR! To boot, CoD nominally held the top spot in NPD for revenue but the Pokemon games combined would be #1 with Pokemon selling for way less than CoD.

And here's ranges for IW shotguns. If you insist on running a shotgun, Suppressor is a good choice since you only lose 5% range and Long Barrel only adds 10% range.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

NO JACKS. BAD NOODLE BOY.

It's that or he spends it on Magic Stones for PAD waifus.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Godzilla07 posted:

Infinite Warfare sales are down 50% year-over-year from Black Ops 3. And that's with MWR! To boot, CoD nominally held the top spot in NPD for revenue but the Pokemon games combined would be #1 with Pokemon selling for way less than CoD.

And here's ranges for IW shotguns. If you insist on running a shotgun, Suppressor is a good choice since you only lose 5% range and Long Barrel only adds 10% range.

How many pellets does each need for the ohk? It's a little disingenuous to show the KRM, because that required all eight pellets to hit for half its ohk range.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Npd only tracks physical

"SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today announced that Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare is the #1 console video game in the U.S., based on year-to-date revenues from physical unit sales. The title, which launched on November 4th, is also the #1 top selling console title for the month of November, based on revenue from physical unit sales. Additionally, Activision's Call of Duty® franchise is the #1 console video game franchise in North America for the 8th consecutive year, based on year-to-date revenue from physical unit sales."

It was also #1 on xbl most played, and #1 on psn store.

Sales down I can see, dead franchise not so much. I'm wondering when aggregate sales numbers will come out though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

It's that or he spends it on Magic Stones for PAD waifus.

Haven't bought stones for PAD in a while. I did buy Witcher 3 and FF15 and The Last Guardian (and NMS, again)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

victrix posted:

Npd only tracks physical

"SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today announced that Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare is the #1 console video game in the U.S., based on year-to-date revenues from physical unit sales. The title, which launched on November 4th, is also the #1 top selling console title for the month of November, based on revenue from physical unit sales. Additionally, Activision's Call of Duty® franchise is the #1 console video game franchise in North America for the 8th consecutive year, based on year-to-date revenue from physical unit sales."

Sales down I can see, dead franchise not so much. I'm wondering when aggregate sales numbers will come out though.

It might just be me but that sounds hella disgusting to me. But then again, PSN/XBL purchases don't accommodate for people who spent the $80-$100 and then made sure IW was never installed on the PS4/XBone.

Which must be why we got Supply Drops in MWR: Because Activision knew some people would be like that.

Either way, I'm just gonna switch back and forth between Blops 3 and IW due to a possible AW-like situation Blops 3 is going with.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looks like genesis is back, but not grounded :saddowns: Javes will be happy at least.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

Npd only tracks physical

That press release only mentions physical sales as well.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hackan Slash posted:

How many pellets does each need for the ohk? It's a little disingenuous to show the KRM, because that required all eight pellets to hit for half its ohk range.

I don't know if you've used shotguns in IW, but you have to be a gently caress of a lot closer to even get hit markers, nevermind a kill.

The lethal range of the 870 ends where hit detection does for the Rack 9. They're a sad loving joke in this game.
I may be exaggerating a little, but they're hands down the worst shotguns since MW3's AA-12, with had a finite range about one body length past melee, and still took three hits minimum to kill.

The Saiga 12 in BLOPS 2 was better, and it required two hits even in hardcore.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 16, 2016

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Come on ya'll, hop on my back!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Find me a 9-5, and I'll join you. :sigh:

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Cant see anyone else on for the last few days in terms of the Group. And a few goons ive added from this thread have yet to accept friend requests.

So lonely:cry:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

victrix posted:

Npd only tracks physical

Did you really get fooled by standard PR? It says revenue on year to date. If they actually sold alot they'd out right say it instead of using a bunch of nothing words.

Also it's on sale for less than 30 again at BB which says alot. Might get it for that cheap tho.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBX posted:

Did you really get fooled by standard PR? It says revenue on year to date. If they actually sold alot they'd out right say it instead of using a bunch of nothing words.

Also it's on sale for less than 30 again at BB which says alot. Might get it for that cheap tho.

Yeah Pokemon crushed IW. NPD is dumb and just lists them separately. COD is selling like poo poo now compared to previous games in the series and Activision knows it. They're loading up their games with microtransactions to make up the difference. Even MWR can't save IW.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I will be honest, Tac TDM is a good idea. At least for me. Less jumping way the gently caress high, more "move slow and watch for snipers". Shotguns are still pretty lousy, regardless of mode/without Smart Shot.

I think I would have had 1st place in my first Terminal TTDM match but we lost 95 to 100.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

It's funny that if this was Ghosts 2 it would have likely sold better because it wouldn't have had boost jumping and wallrunning, the things the COD community really doesn't like any more.

Introducing Tactical TDM seems to be acknowledging the problem. Sledgehammer won't be making Advanced Warfare 2. If it's too far into development to change AW2 to something else, Treyarch won't be doing advanced movement in Black Ops IV.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Superanos posted:

It's funny that if this was Ghosts 2 it would have likely sold better because it wouldn't have had boost jumping and wallrunning, the things the COD community really doesn't like any more.

Assuming you mean the name included, not just the movement system- I highly doubt that. Ghosts has such a huge stigma, it would have been marketing suicide. But hey, I did enjoy some of Ghosts.

But yeah if it was called something else and didn't have boost jumping and wallrunning maybe it would have sold better? I feel like all the opinions I see about this are split. I understand they were trying to sell MWR as something for fans that don't want the new movement system, but selling it as a bundle only is some real devious poo poo. They should have just released MWR as a standalone (for $40? Hell $50) and MWR would have sold significantly better.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Superanos posted:

the things the COD community really doesn't like any more.

lol what

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Superanos is not wrong about it, there's definitely a split opinion about it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

We'll compromise; the next CoD should have both boost jump and wall running for the cool kids (SA), and a WW2 setting for the grognards.

Everybody wins!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

We'll compromise; the next CoD should have both boost jump and wall running for the cool kids (SA), and a WW2 setting for the grognards.

Everybody wins!

gently caress that. I want ww2 boost jumping. loving steam punk something up and cram it in.

I also want working shotguns.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Wazzit posted:

Superanos is not wrong about it, there's definitely a split opinion about it.

i know there are people who are turned off by arena-style movement but I guess what I was trying to point out is that looking to paint all players of the game with one brush is goofy as hell. i'd be willing to bet that there was much more lost opportunity in sales by committing to a incredibly generic and half-baked "robots in space (and the men that love them)" theme

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

gently caress that. I want ww2 boost jumping. loving steam punk something up and cram it in.

That's what I said; WW2 with boost jumps and wall runs.

Basically, Call of Duty: Gear Krieg.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I've got some time to burn before i gotta head out, going to get on and play BoI but will have a party chat and will drop out to jump in with anyone who wants to play

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How to save the call of duty franchise in one simple step:

1. Extinction 2: Samantha Cross dating simulator.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

The chart assumes you hit all pellets, so he put the KRM hitting all pellets to level it with the IW shotguns.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bumper Stickup posted:

Also pistols that aren't dogshit. It took me a bit to get the flow of pistols in BO3 but I was comfortable carrying one as a secondary. This time around I might as well just leave a spot open on my pick 10.

I am done with my 2nd job, so if there is a group going I would like to join you and yell at my tv.

e: there is not :(

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 17, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pistols were so broken they got a deserved nerf, so uh...

Akimbo/laser/full auto, they're still hilarious

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oh my god we are the worst at Dom, the absolute worst

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

victrix posted:

Oh my god we are the worst at Dom, the absolute worst

lmao

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
If you've got to have wall running and double jumps, I prefer the Blops3 style of movement than Advanced Warfare. While AW did have juking to the sides, the overall jerkiness of double jumping and ground slams kills it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, I've been watching some of the in-depth videos for AW on a lark lately and the sudden jerks of boosting is just uncomfortable to watch.

Also, I still like the idea of the mideval COD. Magi-punk it up a bit and have repeating crossbows, greek fire launchers and things like that.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I basically missed Black Ops 3, so I'm okay with Infinite Warfare basically being that game + a handful of improvements.

Do the mission team objectives help with overall XP, or is it just some nominal grindy bull for random variant weapons?

Because I've been doing my usual Free For All and Team Deathmatch and my level progress inches along.

Agree 100% about Advanced Warfare's weird clumsy boosting. I loved the addition of the double jump that really opened up the maps (That greek hotel thing level was pure magic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

HVR Gemini is the best gun.

This is not open to discussion.

• Locked thread