Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Chalks posted:

I particularly liked the desync on all the scoring and round timers.

Anyone got the screenshot for the graph immediately following their stream this time last year?

I checked the other thread for this time last year and nobody screenshot the graph apparently. You can use that google doc with obsessive daily + hourly tracking of the funding to see what happened this time last year though. A comparison might not be fair since they released 2.0 last year and had Idris / Javelin limited release sales at the same time. All they have this year is a copy pasted ship and a big bunch of delays.

I did see this from this time last year though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqnrJsyoRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

aleksendr posted:

No SQ 42

2.6 delayed
3.0 delayed.

"Its poo poo"

i know we usually say so, but this time its closer to the truth. Technical delay mid-stream, hot mikes, buggy/glitchy demos, sound problems galore. General uneasiness from the various actors, everyone looking tired. Way too much emphasis on the sale. For about 3 minutes the chat stream semi-revolted, clamoring for refund, one comments out of two deleted in chat.

10 minutes before the livestream started, they sent out a newsletter. It said the SQ 42 vertical slice is permanently shelved because its pointless to work on a demo. It also begged for cash. Also 2.6 aint comin out this year even though they decided not to shut down the studios for the year like they usually do to work on it.

The highest polished thing on the stream was the ship commerical. Stream was a technical disaster even for CIG. They literally sat on a couch for 40 minutes talking about 3.3 in vague rear end terms about poo poo that doesn't even exist on paper, just in a brainstorming room.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait wait customer support is now in austin? I thought they moved that to LA. No wonder we havent been seeing the regulars, they are probably being relocated

CS moved to Austin? They're hurting for money bad if that's true.

Maybe they're only shifting a few staff where it makes sense to save on salaries (pay is lower in Austin I assume) but I wonder if this isn't the start of LA closing. Even clown stimperium games could figure out that a very expensive LA office housing some of the most useless dead weight in your organisation could be closed to save a lot of money without impacting the actually important work (what little there is of it so far anyway).

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

TheLightPurges posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Heres 40 minutes of him ranting. Its magical.

I am the shill that is crestfallen because CIG didn't hire me.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Decrepus posted:

I am the shill that is crestfallen because CIG didn't hire me.

That dude owned. He was near tears the entire time too

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

The penny has finally dropped it seems

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Kakarot posted:

anyone got a summary?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwPk7lMOps

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

This has to be It right ? This has to be what begins the downfall of the Crobbers empire ?

I simply can't fathom anyone having faith in them anymore after this, the absolute shittiest of streams , and that's saying a lot as all their money grabbing steams are poo poo

Calling it now, CIG is going to release another "apology" / guilt trip video before Christmas. "Look at how much 'we' are sacrificing our family life to get 2.6 out. Shame on you!"

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

TheLightPurges posted:

10 minutes before the livestream started, they sent out a newsletter. It said the SQ 42 vertical slice is permanently shelved because its pointless to work on a demo. It also begged for cash. Also 2.6 aint comin out this year even though they decided not to shut down the studios for the year like they usually do to work on it.

The highest polished thing on the stream was the ship commerical. Stream was a technical disaster even for CIG. They literally sat on a couch for 40 minutes talking about 3.3 in vague rear end terms about poo poo that doesn't even exist on paper, just in a brainstorming room.

Chris also introduced two previously unannounced new features to expand the scope even more. Various ship anti theft devices you can install to lower your monthly insurance bills and some other crap thing I forgot. loving magical BS this project is.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I love Chris's face here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/107887729

Seriously the salt from some of the 4 biggest shills is amazing. Theyre all wasted and when they sober up theyll go back to what they are but its like watching Hitler make a drunken speech on how Jews are pretty awesome actually.

Quite a different tune they sing now that they are off the payroll.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Mu77ley posted:

The penny has finally dropped it seems

This happened last time. The hissy fit lasted about 48 hours then he was back on message.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

aleksendr posted:

Quite a different tune they sing now that they are off the payroll.

about that...

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

goons were right

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

Where are you Momaaaaa?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm heading out but will figure out who the gently caress won the thing sometime this weekend and will announce it to the thread

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DapperDon posted:

Where are you Momaaaaa?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Calling it now, CIG is going to release another "apology" / guilt trip video before Christmas. "Look at how much 'we' are sacrificing our family life to get 2.6 out. Shame on you!"

I dunno but I doubt it, Thomas Hennessy did the Citizen Con excuse video and he's gone. Plus there's not long left now, release a cut down and crap 2.6, then try to scrape something together to show at Games Com is my bet.

The LTI sale a few weeks after 2.6 ships should be interesting, assuming they even manage to ship a cut down 2.6.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

Various ship anti theft devices you can install to lower your monthly insurance bills

We've seen their attempt at a parking sensor so I've got an idea what that's going to look like

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

LGD posted:

about that...

Yeah i know the status of the whole thing is still fishy but we can asume they are sucking from a different teat now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rad Russian posted:

Chris also introduced two previously unannounced new features to expand the scope even more. Various ship anti theft devices you can install to lower your monthly insurance bills and some other crap thing I forgot. loving magical BS this project is.

Air traffic control.

So they'll add all the features of VATSIM and spergs will play ATC making sure an Idris doesn't collide with a Javelin.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Where are you Momaaaaa?

12 v 12, toast. 12 v 12.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

aleksendr posted:

Yeah i know the status of the whole thing is still fishy but we can asume they are sucking from a different teat now.

I think you might have missed the part where despite the fact that INN as an entity was definitely getting paid to shill for SC, they themselves weren't actually seeing any of that money (and the straw the broke the camel's back was the dude who was getting paid refusing to let them cover other games that might actually have a real audience)

they're still massive, massive shills who ultimately hoped to profit from their association with the game, but it's something they don't need money to do

e: though you're right they could have been lying about that too- I just have seen enough people pour tons of effort into uncompensated shilling for doomed games to find it totally plausible these guys did it too

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 17, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

They've dug such a big hole with that lti poo poo they've had to promise anti theft devices to lower insurance costs and sell more jpegs.

Can't get rid of lti, but by retaining it and not having it on every ship you might be putting off potential customers who don't want to pay for a virtual item they could lose permanently. So they need to really press home the message that insurance isn't a big deal while still being able to sell lti pictures for extra cash.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

LGD posted:

I think you might have missed the part where despite the fact that INN as an entity was definitely getting paid to shill for SC, they themselves weren't actually seeing any of that money (and the straw the broke the camel's back was the dude who was getting paid refusing to let them cover other games that might actually have a real audience)

they're still massive, massive shills who ultimately hoped to profit from their association with the game, but it's something they don't need money to do

e: though you're right they could have been lying about that too- I just have seen enough people pour tons of effort into uncompensated shilling for doomed games to find it totally plausible these guys did it too

Yea they have day jobs and were getting cash from a patreon. They didnt get paid by CIG because they called themselves "journalists". Rubes basically.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm lolling

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

RIP Bind Culling (1 week anniversary)
Message Ordering is postnatally aborted
Serialised variable relies on Message Ordering?? well RIP that too...

:rip: all of the 2.6 network code

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It looks like they've netted about $150k extra due to the stream.

A day and half of running costs.

lol

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*Chris shills their open job positions live on the stream*

CIG is attracting top talent

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I saw the URL and thought this would be a Sandi clip.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Why did Er_Dova have that prepared in advance?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

*Chris shills their open job positions live on the stream*

CIG is attracting top talent

Wait he did that again on this stream ? Didn't he do the same thing during the Citcon stream asking for any network engineers to apply ? Haha

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Remember when MOMA was blathering on about regression testing of bugs? Good times. Good times.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ComfyPants posted:

I saw the URL and thought this would be a Sandi clip.

I don't think Sandi was ever high profile enough to appear in a series like Cougar Hunt (1-3) or even the more prolific All National Interracial Cougar Hunt (1-6)

e: I feel a little bad for making this joke- my point is that there are a lot of films named Cougar Hunt (the ones above are not exhaustive)

LGD fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 17, 2016

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
CIG must have massive, doomsday level problems in their performance capture, modeling, and animation pipelines. It's been a full year now since they showed any hint of SQ42 cast in-game with John Rhys-Davies' character model spinning in place on the last holiday live stream. And the last character in motion they showed was in the Old Man teaser a month or so before that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm never going to watch one of these streams but the TVIVing was p great

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wasn't everyone supposed to be on The Spectrum by now?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I can't even

I'm dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Announcing New Ships to Buy Shouldn't Be Celebrated

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iq8ay/announcing_new_ships_to_buy_shouldnt_be_celebrated

Shitizens are almost getting it

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 17, 2016