Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

You'd think that "Patients" would have a slightly more central, better-connected position in the healthcare system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Stoatbringer posted:

You'd think that "Patients" would have a slightly more central, better-connected position in the healthcare system.
It's a chart made by Republicans as a line of attack on regulating health care. :ssh:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Dec 16, 2016

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ah, thanks, that makes more sense.

Still confused about South Dakota, though.
I have a book for just such an occasion for some reason.

It might be the edge case where if you are the resident of SD with a concealed carry permit from another state, you are not authorized to conceal carry in SD unless you get a SD ccp?

There's a reason I have a pamphlet and not a chart.

e. its not the only one with that edge case but the only one missing its own reciprocity so I'm going to change my answer to the worst chart instead of bad chart.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Dec 16, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hot take from freep via the freep thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
im the axes that never meet, and the grid lines that mean nothing

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm the tyrannical news agencies.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Foxhound posted:

I'm the tyrannical news agencies.

Such as The Young Turks.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also huffpo

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Kennel posted:

Such as The Young Turks.
Just ask Armenians.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
CNN, NBC & ABC: more state run than PBS

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The BBC has the same level of state influence as Vice lmao

I thought I understood this but is it saying 49% of men voted independent?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
They switched red an yellow numbers on that one.

I like that lgbt are neither men nor women. They are lgbt.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's funny. The first time you look at it you think "oh so 33% of Clinton's voters were men. But the longer you stare the less sense it makes. Like why is there a male figure in the Clinton box? What does each color represent? Why is 49% seemingly less than 18% or 33%?

Edit: I honestly thought the staples represented the nominees, not that they represented "male, LGBT and women," respectively. loving lol

Foxhound has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Dec 16, 2016

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think it's that 49% of independent voters were men.
edit: wait, gently caress, what? hang on

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I think it's that 49% of independent voters were men.
edit: wait, gently caress, what? hang on

18% of men voted independent, it just looks like they swapped it with the Trump vote percentage accidentally.

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Dec 16, 2016

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Yeah, not only is it a horrible way to organize data visually, it has mistakes in it

:downsbravo:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Ah excellent, my daily reminder that xkcd is not and has never been good

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the non-sexual butt.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Russia Today: Famed for promoting freedom.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Now do 🍆

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Nostradingus posted:

Ah excellent, my daily reminder that xkcd is not and has never been good

Not xkcd

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
n=100

:negative:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
yes, xkcd

https://xkcd.com/988/

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Oh sorry, I was sure it was subnormality

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
:nws:
https://goatkcd.com/988/

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I've been here for almost 8 years and and even with the NWS I honestly expected a goat themed satirical xkcd. I'm done.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Oh sorry, I was sure it was subnormality

Nah, Subnormality is more wordy than that would probably not display the data as cleanly.

SMBC is less wordy than that, and wouldn't try to present the data directly, but only if it's doing a graph joke. If it's not doing a graph joke, it will be clearer than Subnormality, but a little too preachy until it reaches a weird semi-punchline.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cleretic posted:

Nah, Subnormality is more wordy than that would probably not display the data as cleanly.

SMBC is less wordy than that, and wouldn't try to present the data directly, but only if it's doing a graph joke. If it's not doing a graph joke, it will be clearer than Subnormality, but a little too preachy until it reaches a weird semi-punchline.

Can you please express this information in the form of a graph or chart?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There's a GBS thread about how Crytek is going under and hasn't paid their staff in months.

One employee has made a gofundme to try to get people to pay for a lawyer and helpfully included this graph to illuminate his plight:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's a GBS thread about how Crytek is going under and hasn't paid their staff in months.

One employee has made a gofundme to try to get people to pay for a lawyer and helpfully included this graph to illuminate his plight:

Weirdly, I think I can actually interpret this one? The numbers/bar sizes are the length of the salary delay, and the color corresponds to whether the delay ended with being paid or not, so you have five delayed paydays followed by a 58-day active delay that extends to the presumed present. Now we just have to figure out how October had 44 days in it and September had 31.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Weirdly, I think I can actually interpret this one? The numbers/bar sizes are the length of the salary delay, and the color corresponds to whether the delay ended with being paid or not, so you have five delayed paydays followed by a 58-day active delay that extends to the presumed present. Now we just have to figure out how October had 44 days in it and September had 31.
"Weirdly." Why do you guys always have to overact not understanding something? Just because a graph is bad, it doesn't mean that it's somehow incomprehensible.

On December 14th 44 days had elapsed since the salary for October was supposed to have been paid.
The salary for September was paid 31 days after it was supposed to be paid.

Seems like they're supposed get paid on the last of the month, and the last actual salary paid was for September, on 31st October.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
That seems fairly straightforward. The September paycheck was 31 days late. The October paycheck is currently 44 days late. November is 14 days late. To make this more confusing, they added the last two together.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hardcordion posted:

18% of men voted independent, it just looks like they swapped it with the Trump vote percentage accidentally.

But even that can't be right, Clinton got 48% of the vote and Trump got 46%, that only leaves 6% for independent candidates so there's no way 18% of men and 17% of women voted for them. What the hell is that graph trying to say? Is it for a single state because that might make sense.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I am the non-sexual butt.

Can you seriously not imagine a context in which a butt can be non-sexual

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Russia Today: Famed for promoting freedom.

If that graph's from Free Republic, then "promoting freedom" just means "agreeing with Free Republic".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LibrarianCroaker posted:

That seems fairly straightforward. The September paycheck was 31 days late. The October paycheck is currently 44 days late. November is 14 days late. To make this more confusing, they added the last two together.

Bingo!

It's just not something you'd ordinarily put in graph form. Especially the last column.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mr. Belpit posted:

But enough about your figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Belpit posted:

Not when it's a peach emoji.