Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

'Star Citizen' Awkward Alpha 2.6 Stream Doesn't Show Squadron 42 & Asks Fans For More Money

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-citizen-awkward-alpha-26-stream-doesnt-show-squadron-42-asks-fans-more-money-574515

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

oh man i hope i don't know anyone who died in that because i'm laughing my rear end off now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Game will be cancelled, Chris will weep on screen then launch another kickstarter to salvage the lovely SQ42 footage and bring it to life in movie form, backers will give him another $10 million

Six months, tops

Idgaf as long as my schadenfreude gland is satisfied at the emotional and financial pain of nerds

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Samizdata posted:

My dream game would be tentatively called Night Mayor. You start out as just an every day bad guy, and you slowly accumulate assistants and gang members and you start working your way up the food chain, murdering, blackmailing, kidnapping and threatening your way towards eventually controlling the vast city's underworld. All the while, other players are doing the same.

Barring that, I would be happy with a 40K MMO. (I want to get down in the trenches against Necron, Tau, Chaos and more.)
night mayor is the name of my hair metal band plz do not doxx

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I.N.R.I posted:

You should do some soul searching

I.N.R.I, I took your post to heart and did do some soul-searching, and realized that the reason I do terrible, terrible things like look at a picture of a lady and take two minutes to add up the estimated retail value of her clothes and jewelry in response to someone's question about that is because

MY PARENTS ARE DEAD

So, I.N.R.I, will you adopt me? I promise I will call you every single day.

Help me, I.N.R.I, you're my only hope

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ash1138 posted:

oh man i hope i don't know anyone who died in that because i'm laughing my rear end off now

2 dead, 11 injured, 3 seriously

I googled after laughing at the video.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Week not months I called it.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Uh, :same: with this too actually. This isn't their work is it? Who Michael Bay'd their naked space lizardmen?

:psyduck:
if chris roberts steals anything from micheal bay, it would be an improvement

i'll take bay's surrealist action insanity underpinned by a love of west side story's cinematography over roberts' creatively bankrupt banality any day of the week

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Paarp

Fooma fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 17, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

fuctifino posted:

2 dead, 11 injured, 3 seriously

I googled after laughing at the video.
apparently that was up near baltimore so i think i'm good. and i should hope it wasn't in nova because they put down so much salt and that liquid pre-treatment stuff it was like driving in a desert on the way home from rogue one last night

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

apparently that was up near baltimore so i think i'm good. and i should hope it wasn't in nova because they put down so much salt and that liquid pre-treatment stuff it was like driving in a desert on the way home from rogue one last night

I noticed that too. I am glad I just put All Terrain BF Goodies KO2's on my truck a couple weeks ago. Driving through Tysons Corner is a nightmare when the roads get slick. I think Beer is up in Bmore though, so stay safe.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

Big Bill Hell strikes again

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

DapperDon posted:

I noticed that too. I am glad I just put All Terrain BF Goodies KO2's on my truck a couple weeks ago. Driving through Tysons Corner is a nightmare when the roads get slick. I think Beer is up in Bmore though, so stay safe.
oh man don't doxx beer plz

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

MY PARENTS ARE DEAD

I'm glad of it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/MbAagk5.gifv

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

oh man don't doxx beer plz

Beer self doxxed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So I'll never watch the stream, was there anything new at all shown apart from the chariot advert?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

So I'll never watch the stream, was there anything new at all shown apart from the chariot advert?

New heights of incompetence

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

New heights of incompetence

Good

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

They cant get layered armor on the vandull so they just made it part of their skin texture.. and gave it a they cant feel pain lore excuse

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Why arent you playing star marine commando.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

C'mon man, don't be shy. Believe it or not this is your opportunity to gain acceptance from the goons, take the ribbing that you know is coming with grace and dignity and you'll earn a shitload of goon points. Staying away hoping things will calm down only makes you look like a coward.

We want to know about the fun you have restarting the client. C'mon Toast. Managing those subscription cancellations can't be that much fun.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

<moma>technically!</moma>

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rogue One is a good Star Wars movie guys. Go see it.

It really is an old school WWII movie set in the Star Wars universe.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

Sounds a bit redundant.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
everything is fine

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

I enjoyed it but thought it had some pacing and story problems

the last 20 minutes was baller though, especially making it like a loving horror movie when vader gets his sith on

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I enjoyed it but thought it had some pacing and story problems

the last 20 minutes was baller though, especially making it like a loving horror movie when vader gets his sith on

Somebody said it over in the other thread that it would have been really cool if that scene had been the first time we had seen him.

And I agree. It was still great and scary.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, somehow watching those star marine videos brought me back to Quake2 multiplayer. Back in those days we didn't have to restart our PCs after each fight. Imagine that.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Boy that stream really was something.

Real special.

Man I just can't wait to just fuckin' pledge all my drat money to that poo poo show.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/Derek-Smart-Was-Right.jpg

That filename...

RubberJohnny fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 17, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

trucutru posted:

Man, somehow watching those star marine videos brought me back to Quake2 multiplayer. Back in those days we didn't have to restart our PCs after each fight. Imagine that.

Hey, back in Doom (1993) you had to re-run the setup.exe every time you wanted to change the number of players. Unless you used a simple batch script. This is almost kind of not that different. :colbert:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Between the Honesty knob, VanDull, and now the new MISC "This-loving-lovely-Ship-Sucks-Dick" spaceship--I'm getting the feeling lots of people working at Clown Imperium are fed up with the project.

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 17, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
The (air)ship Clown Stimperium goes down

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

:popeye:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

This type of stuff is happening way too often to be coincidences. There be some Smart disgruntled employees at CIG,

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necroid
May 14, 2009

hahaha