Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

quote:

@CIG

2.6 is awesome! played it last night for a few hours and it is awesome. The amount of content and progress is stunning! I can really see how this game is now coming together. This alone is one heck of a proof to the community that the game is healthy and on course for delivery! Thanks again for making such an awesome game!

-Shankerz
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/362084/my-3-cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Lets time how long from that pic being posted here until it mysteriously disappears on RSI.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

This type of stuff is happening way too often to be coincidences. There be some Smart disgruntled employees at CIG,

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/We-Hate-Working-Here.jpg

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

am I being trolled

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
cuz ill gently caress all yall up.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

am I being trolled

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/What-Makes-You-Think-That.jpg

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

am I being trolled
its how their crap blog software handles files, you can replace any part of the filename and it pulls up

necroid
May 14, 2009

what the gently caress are these really hosted on their site?

haha ok nvm

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

e:

The Pi dude fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 17, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
https://www.nginx.com/products/nginx-plus-aws/

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

its how their crap blog software handles files, you can replace any part of the filename and it pulls up

there will be retribution for this. My lulz at work were in vain and under false pretenses.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

They cant get layered armor on the vandull so they just made it part of their skin texture.. and gave it a they cant feel pain lore excuse

Sooo basically the Yuuzhan Vong. But keep in mind that this was supposedly all locked in and ready to ship by this year and not at all still being discussed as a W.I.P.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I'm sure Derek doesn't have any sources at CIG

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
With access to the CMS, you don't need sources.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15636-Whale-Harpoon-Encore

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Catching up. I'd like to congratulate CIG on finally releasing an arena shooter that requires restarting the executable between matches in a FPS engine. And making it available to 10$ month subscribers first.

Great job everyone.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Drunk Theory posted:

Catching up. I'd like to congratulate CIG on finally releasing an arena shooter that requires restarting the executable between matches in a FPS engine. And making it available to 10$ month subscribers first.

Great job everyone.

Ten bucks a month. Yea SM is about 2/3rds as good as WOW

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jesus.
loving.
Chris.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This is fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15634-Bad-Ship-For-Garbage-Idiots

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sandi "That's a nice new shirt, oh you wore that last time, I'm just reading what's on the teleprompter" Gardner

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

Man, somehow watching those star marine videos brought me back to Quake2 multiplayer. Back in those days we didn't have to restart our PCs after each fight. Imagine that.

It reminds me of really old school multiplayer FPS combat because there are no tactics. It all ends up with with people squaring off face to face and dumping as many shots into as each other as their mouse hand reflexes allow. Even the combat in their prerecorded attack on the caterpillar involved a bunch of guys standing in the middle of a room wiggling back and forth.

WTFosaurus kept dying every 10 seconds after respawn because somebody would pop up and surprise him with unloading a magazine of bullets.

Now imagine you trekked out to a distant location, got wrecked in 3 seconds, then your inheritance went to another character, who had to jump into another ship, travel out to wherever you were trying to go, and just got annihilated in seconds again.

Death of a space man, indeed.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ewe2 posted:

And as always, Derek Smart was right.

:five::five::five::five:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Need to start changing the names of ships for the sale to "Junk Warbond Edition" as well.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ewe2 posted:

That was PGabz wasn't it? THAT is one talented motherfucker!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

DapperDon posted:

ewe2 is one of our Star Citizen music guys. This is some of his best work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6MSKdhzhg

I love the "paarp paarp" in the background.

Amazing work ewe2.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ewe2 posted:

bravo

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

DapperDon posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the song called "ewe2 - Right" stored on the tindeck account ewe2 and posted here by forums user ewe2 probably isn't PGabz.

As to who it is, who knows? It is a mystery for the ages!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Moma you never replied to this. After today's events I've had to recalculate the value of your fleet, so sadly I'm going to drop this offer to $9.50.

Nope

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

tooterfish posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the song called "ewe2 - Right" stored on the tindeck account ewe2 and posted here by forums user ewe2 probably isn't PGabz.

As to who it is, who knows? It is a mystery for the ages!

wasn't sure if it was a gimmick account but thanks for clarifying that. Still loving great tho.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Of course it's not a gimmick account.

It's a Derek Smart alt, just like the rest of us.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Next time they sell a new picture we need to beat the spergs and post it on :reddit: first with a funny edited title and then upvote it until it gets to the front page.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

He does like that kazoo, but it works for Star Citizen. Reminds me a little of "They Might Be Giants" and the accordion.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA you're going to have to give us a little more to work with here. I'm starting to think that you might not have better leaks than Derek.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

So what did you think of the livestream?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Phi230 posted:

Lol you are a fuckin idiot

I was only really wrong on point #3.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLightPurges posted:

So what did you think of the livestream?

It was horrid - not gonna sugarcoat that one.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

I was only really wrong on point #3.

Its true. They did release 2.6 to PTU. You got us.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Regarding LTI, and actually, the whole ships-for-sale thing: what a loving racket. Listening to the dude on that stream talking about how insurance only covers the hull, and you need separate weapons insurance to cover any add-ons. It's a loving video game! The idea that you could lose something forever that you paid for, and have to pay again to replace it, is just exploitative and unnecessary. What if your base ship is blown up and you just have your human? Do you have to buy in with real money to get a new ship?*

My beef isn't with the backers, it's with the money-grubbing fucks who run the show. Don't give them any more money. In fact, take the money back that you've already given them. Yesterday showed you they don't deserve it, and no matter how disposable that income is for you, you worked too hard to give it to these people to waste. gently caress 'em.

*Star Citizen: the only winning move is not to play

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Someone show MoMA his score card yet?

MoMA predictions:

ManofManyAliases posted:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.
2. Ship sale with a possible new concept.
3. Clip from SQ42 demo that was previously unseen.
4. Jared WILL be there.
5. Some technical speak involving the new coding (such as obstruction/radar link) and new flight models that will be released with 2.6

MoMA prediction scores:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

dsmart prediction:

D_Smart posted:

1. croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017
  2. 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this
  3. they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite
  4. no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind
  5. no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind

BOMBSHELL BONUS: They won't mention anything about i) no money to finish the game ii) on-going Federal investigations, iii) the fact that quite a few key team members have either recently left or have put in their notice (Dec being their exit month) to leave, iv) they are going to be down-sizing the studios in 2017

ps:

As of Dec 16th, with 2.6 still MIA and 3.0 still a pipe dream, these are the major releases this year since 2.0

v2.0 (patch notes), Dec 12, 2015
v2.1.0, Jan 15, 2016
v2.2.0, March 4, 2016
v2.3.0, March 26, 2016
v2.4.0, June 9, 2016
v2.5.0, Aug 25, 2016

And during this period, these are ALL the Star Marine updates. Yet, here we are, over a year later, and they still can't get it working.

AUGUST 22ND 2015
AUGUST 29TH 2015
SEPTEMBER 19TH 2015
OCTOBER 23RD 2015

dsmart prediction scores:

1. croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017 CALLED IT! // see latest newsletter
  2. 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this CALLED IT!
  3. they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite it was 8v8 (the max before CE3 falls over) over the Internet. so much for 12v12
  4. no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!
  5. no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

It was horrid - not gonna sugarcoat that one.

You enjoying Star Marine? I assume you subscribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Can't wait for PGabz to have an awesome video set to it again.