Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Reddit is having a meltdown over this banner. Lots of rage quits and autism over the gatcha.

Here's some entertainment if you're bored tonight.
https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5iwvev/the_darker_side_of_the_35_unit_rate_increase/

Maybe there'll be enough of a (whale) community outcry over this to get the guaranteed crystal quality update sooner, but :laffo: Exvius is at #18 in the top grossing play store charts so probably not. It wouldn't surprise me if Gumi delays that particular improvement to whenever they fall below, I don't know, 50 on that particular metric. There's really no incentive for them to improve their awful gacha as long as people are still dumping money into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
What the gently caress is a "dolphin"?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

insideoutside posted:

What the gently caress is a "dolphin"?
word people made up for those who spend 100+ USD on a game but arent in the "whale " category of dumping literal thousands to get what they want.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm skeptical of Gumi messing with this specific banner because Noctis is cool and new and all but he's pre-nerfed and who knows if/when they'll put him on par with the Japan version. Meanwhile in a month or so we're going to get Orlandu's banner and unless they nerf him for global he's going to be the chase for whales and everyone else so if you're going to gouge people that's the banner you'd do it on.

rabidsquid posted:

if i got a zidane i doubt i would feel nearly as bad about never drawing one of the base 5*s, since a dual wield firion would be totally awesome.

as for the dualcast refia thing, that's no joke especially considering she's immune to so many status effects due to one of her passives. in fact due to her being immune to petrify that dual wield golem staff bullshit doesn't even matter. im fairly certain a refia/buttz/cecil arena team is actually meaningfully unkillable when you control your team? provided you have access to your spells that is

If I got a Zidane I could, in theory, grind up Excalibur, StQ/Kaiser Knuckle, Black Hood, Bracer x2 (and barrage), maybe a Lord Robe from Alma. It'd still be a pale comparison to actual good 5* base units though.

I guess I could TM grind one of my Butz for doublehand. :shepface:

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
What did they nerf with Noctis vs the Japanese version?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Physical dps is for whales and TM grinders. I've never felt weak as a f2p player with a magic based team, even in arena. 4 casters chaining thundaga and a tank to provoke will put out a lot of damage.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

insideoutside posted:

What did they nerf with Noctis vs the Japanese version?

all of his stats and attacks got dropped in power in addition to his buffs, and they straight up removed one of his abilities, so basically everything.

edit: Here's a link to a thread on the fan forums explaining it, he got nerfed hard to match the current powercurve of the global version. not even his trust mastery survived the nerf.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 18, 2016

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

oh hell with it, gonna do 22 summons under the Noctis banner because why not, and I need lapis for NRG refreshes anyway.

First 11:

gold Arc
gold Chizuru

ok, cool. Here we go.

Second 11:

gold ludmille for whenever I decide to care about TM
2nd Cecil

OK, didn't get it, but I still have enough Lapis for refreshes for a couple weeks or so.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 18, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So is Noctis the 1st guy they've actually nerfed?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Physical dps is for whales and TM grinders. I've never felt weak as a f2p player with a magic based team, even in arena. 4 casters chaining thundaga and a tank to provoke will put out a lot of damage.
I agree with this 100%. I've never pulled a base 5*, so my physical DPS is pretty lacking. But my magic team is 15% away from four characters being able to all dual-cast Thundaga. I did skip the entire Arena week where Black Magic was banned though - it hurt my monthly rating, but uhh it really just wasn't worth the time.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I love it when someone asks me to add them and then doesnt accept my request *Stares at SADirt*

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Shoenin posted:

So is Noctis the 1st guy they've actually nerfed?

I think so, makes sense considering he got a simultaneous release and JP is pretty far ahead of us in terms of power inflation. It's just a question of whether he stays like this or eventually gets buffed to his JP level. Without any precedent for it, I personally wouldn't bet on it happening since Gumi's likely to lose track of it/not care as they continue to port over the JP updates

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Hardbody posted:

I love it when someone asks me to add them and then doesnt accept my request *Stares at SADirt*

:downs:

Yeah, I gotcha just now. Unfortunately, after this last update, my phone will not run the drat game. Initializing... then "Brave Exvius has crashed, do you want to send a report that won't be read or used in any way?" I'm pretty much stuck with Memu.

Anybody else with a Galaxy S7 see or hear of this kind of issue? I've rebooted/reinstalled. I'm not restoring factory settings for this drat game though. This will be a golden time to TM macro until I find a fix at least.

* And I do appreciate the invite *

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Speaking of Gumi being dumb, anyone want to take bets as to the Daily Quest today features "Collect 200 T.Gears" again?

The fact that this kind of thing stood for a whole day, without being fixed is awful, and you know there won't be any compensation either.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily Draw, 4*........Clyne

well cant win em all

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Noctis's thunder flask appears to be bugged. It actually lowers def/SPR so it does some ridiculous damage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Ok so I didn't realize, calculating earlier that Genji Glove gave a +10% ATK and +10% MAG on top of dual wield. That makes it way better as apparently pots add directly to your base value.

Best ATK gear looks like:

Deathbringer (DKC)
Sakafurubuki (Miyuki)
Black Cowl (Hayate)
Brave Suit (Ramza)
Genji Glove (Gilgamesh)
Infernal Armlet (Demon Rain, event exclusive), alternates: Bracer (Gaffgarion), Champion's Belt (Snow) or Celestial Gloves (Luneth)

Blade Mastery (Chizuru)
Power of Creation (Maxwell, event exclusive)
Lunge Combo (Fencer, event exclusive)
Seal of Destruction (Karl) *Use more of these if you don't have Maxwell or Fencer

Best MAG gear is:

Omnirod (Arc)
Omnirod (Arc)
Creepy Mask (event exclusive): Alternate: Circlet
Lordly Robe (Alma)
Genji Glove (Gilgamesh)
Magistral Crest (Vanille)

MAG +30% x4 (Shantotto)

ExDeath(and I guess Golbez) specific build

Omnirod (Arc)
Enhancer (trial reward)
Grand Helm (trial reward)
Maxmillian (Vaan)
Genji Glove (Gilgamesh)

Letters and Arms x4 (Ingus)

Feel free to correct me if there is a better combination out there I missed. I'll make this into a graphic of some kind for the OP so people know what TMs to keep and shoot for.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this is the banner of me spending 250 lapis every day on 5% trust moogles that exclusively work on charlotte!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

PaybackJack posted:

ExDeath(and I guess Golbez) specific build

Omnirod (Arc)
Enhancer (trial reward)
Grand Helm (trial reward)
Maxmillian (Vaan)
Genji Glove (Gilgamesh)

Letters and Arms x4 (Ingus)

Feel free to correct me if there is a better combination out there I missed. I'll make this into a graphic of some kind for the OP so people know what TMs to keep and shoot for.
I forget exactly how it worked out, but someone on Reddit did the math, and I think peak Exdeath is DW, Omni/Enhancer, 3X L&A. It's only by something like nine points, though, compared to quad L&A

Edit: Actually I just noticed you used omnirod in your build, it's probably different with Genji Glove, so never mind

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 18, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

this is the banner of me spending 250 lapis every day on 5% trust moogles that exclusively work on charlotte!

you say that, but that type of Trust Moogle actually does exist in JP, apparently. 5% but only for a specific character. Which I don't really get but eh.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 18, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Maybe there'll be enough of a (whale) community outcry over this to get the guaranteed crystal quality update sooner

You wish. They will at the very least milk every dollar out of the Orlandu banner. If they have Moby Dicks that spend the 550 pulls it will need to get him than they will make sure to rake in that cash. When the Orlandu banner runs the outcry of quitting whales will be much higher _IF_ the reported JP rates come true. After that Gumi will probably say, okay guys we will implement the summon changes like JP did, and everyone will be like okay thats reasonable I keep playing, while it was Gumis plan all along.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
ChenSA, you've had a level 11 Gaffgarion as your friend unit for a few weeks.

No idea if you're still playing but change it up or I'll have to unfriend you :v:

Sidenote: 1 Spot for a 500 ATK Elza. 112,301,437

m.hache fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 18, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is it worth keeping any of the non-Lightning XIII banner units around? I've got all of them except Snow. Vanille has her decent LB and Hope is one of the few sources of Waterga (and Raise), but otherwise not much seems to be going on there.

I've got a Refia, Kain/Freya, two Full Breakers (Ingus/Vaan) and multiple mages (two Exdeaths, two Arcs, Krile), so yeah.

Also finally got my last ATK+10% for Light. 480 ATK, not super amazing but I've been fairly lax on getting new weapons.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Any guess or rumors as to what the Christmas event will be next week? Another King Mog trade-in like Halloween? Mandatory bonus characters like FF13? Moogle cakes? All of the above?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

That luck on that korean whale's side

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Made some room from people who haven't logged in in forever. Add me and get that sucker! 472,211,176

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Made some room from people who haven't logged in in forever. Add me and get that sucker! 472,211,176

I had my wife's account send you an invite. If a few other whale goons (or anybody really) could also send her an invite, she would be grateful.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

I had my wife's account send you an invite. If a few other whale goons (or anybody really) could also send her an invite, she would be grateful.

Added! I'm not a whale though, just lucky. HARUMPH. (also I spent wisely on TMs instead of on pulls)

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I've got about 30 units now I really want to grind tms on, I'm thinking the better investment is to skip dailies and instead do two nrg recharges a day to just get these things moving. TMs will improve my team substantially better than another 5* base character could, even under the assumption I'd even pull another one. I just have to commit myself at some point to ignore these events and just turn on the macros.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 18, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

m.hache posted:

No idea if you're still playing but change it up or I'll have to unfriend you :v:

Sidenote: 1 Spot for a 500 ATK Elza. 112,302,437

Fixed. Never figured that there was a way to set up a permafriend unit. You were seeing me running a TM party when gaff was up.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Palleon posted:

Penis to skip dailies...

What?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

I would be the biggest whale if this were a thing.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Dana Crysalis posted:

I would be the biggest whale if this were a thing.

Ugh don't even joke. I just remembered the other day that was a SE game.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

I have a few friend slots open for my 684atk Lightning. With four TMs cooking to really boost that soon enough!

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

added

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Holy crap your Greg has 857 ATK!

:psyboom:

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

m.hache posted:

Sidenote: 1 Spot for a 500 ATK Elza. 112,302,437

Speaking of fixed, you should fix your friend code.

Cartoon Man posted:

added her.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I cleaned up two inactive goons, 2 slots open.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

This phones autocorrect will be the death of me.

Edit: and/or my fat goon fingers

Palleon fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cat Pilot posted:

Speaking of fixed, you should fix your friend code.

added her.

Noted:

• Locked thread