Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

BitBasher posted:

Of their 300+ employees how many are artists and how many are actual programmers? Anyone know?

1 CEO, 1 VP of Marketing, 3 Studio heads. 5 artists, 1 developer, 290 fuckwits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Of their 300+ employees how many are artists and how many are actual programmers? Anyone know?

Don't know yet, I'm not finished doxxing the bad videogame staff
Soon tho

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

HycoCam posted:

1 CEO, 1 VP of Marketing, 3 Studio heads. 5 artists, 1 developer, 290 fuckwits.

As far as I know they are closer to 400 fuckwits now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MedicineHut posted:

As far as I know they are closer to 400 fuckwits now.

Have they employed more people, or are you just counting Ben as equivalent to about 100 fuckwits in both weight and mentality?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
How are they paying all these people :psyduck:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Danknificent posted:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Danknificent posted:

From A-list actors to the employees, everyone works for free to be a part of Robert's vision.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thatguy posted:

I tried communicating with FYAD but they called me a mad GBS poster or something and deleted/moved all my posts then probated me. How will they ever learn the wonders of Star Citizen? INRI can you help me proselytize them?

Carve your own path

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ayn Marx posted:

I like how we seemingly can't help quoting and engaging the FYAD mongoloids craving for attention and validation from their cool clique

Lazrin please come back man you were better than this!

I like the meta conversation about feeding the trolls.

Hit 'profile', 'add to ignore list' and just spot the occasional quote from people.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Colostomy Bag posted:

From A-list actors to the employees, everyone works for free to be a part of Robert's vision.

This is still, without exception, the most hilarious dumbshit thing a citizen has ever said. The idea that an actor, who will have a booking agent do all their negotiations, would work for free because some guy that hosed over one of their contemporaries worked with you once, years ago... It's like saying Pizza Hut gives away free Pizzas if you ask because they like making Pizzas.

It's loving insane.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/362295/take-cig-to-court#latest :getin:
edit: and dead :rip:

Godmode Enabled fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 18, 2016

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
The other one citizens say that Roberts is a successful movie producer so all the big name hollywood actors want to work with him on the cheap.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sorry, my dirty leaver status prevents me from reading that site. Care to jpeg or paste?

Either that or it has been deleted already.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MedicineHut posted:

Sorry, my dirty leaver status prevents me from reading that site. Care to jpeg or paste?

Either that or it has been deleted already.

Deleted.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ArfJason posted:

I repeat, you guys need to be so obsessed about the game, and must stop doxxing people who like it immediately, or the people calling you out. Contrary to popular opinion it is not normal to spend months reading every single reddit post about the bad space game, especially when you dislike it so much.

I am not a mod so I can't issue a Mod Challenge, but that doesn't stop me from issuing you a User Challenge. I have an absolute gem of an idea for you commando. How about pulling your underwear over your head and then go run out into oncoming traffic and try to take a selfie so you can post it here. If not, then you just aren't cool enough to roll here with is cool doxxer kids.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

Deleted.

What was it?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Has anyone noticed they Archered the Star Marine Splash screen from Doom?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

SelenicMartian posted:

Some have doubted that CIG made a dill sergeant

im dying. that loving hat. holy poo poo. the hat and shirt combo makes this :discourse:

i spent some time with marines when i did a master breacher course in jacksonville. this is not what their hats should look like (park ranger hat from yogi bear)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Goobs posted:

im dying. that loving hat. holy poo poo. the hat and shirt combo makes this :discourse:

i spent some time with marines when i did a master breacher course in jacksonville. this is not what their hats should look like (park ranger hat from yogi bear)

I love that they couldn't even convince him to take out his lovely earring for the 20 minutes it took to film that dumb bullshit

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Beet Wagon posted:

I love that they couldn't even convince him to take out his lovely earring for the 20 minutes it took to film that dumb bullshit

in the UEE, they're so progressive that they allow their DI's to wear jewelry. also there's been no practical change of uniform in thousands of years and they've changed chemical treated digital camo for t-shirts bought in the boys section at wal-mart.

e: upon closer inspection he is wearing a Hawaiian polo shirt. im dead.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

in the UEE, they're so progressive that they allow their DI's to wear jewelry. also there's been no practical change of uniform in thousands of years and they've changed chemical treated digital camo for t-shirts bought in the boys section at wal-mart.

It's camo.
It allows him to blend into the environment... of other fuckwits.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Goobs posted:

It made sense during the great Tommy Bahama wars in the twenty-third century.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Oh boy for the next few minutes a twitch dude is "trying" star citizen to a huge audience

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Nevermind he got bored and stopped

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

"it looks nice and is running better"

Oh you poor sap

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

[–]Shadowcam 5 points 2 hours ago

He should keep the Polaris; the wife can have the car.

Heavily-armed Corvette > Minivan

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ixkl4/an_open_letter_to_cig_from_someone_who_actually/

"As the years went by, many other games tried to copy and latch on to CIG’s success, such as Elite Dangerous and No Man’s Sky. Some with more success than others. Many figured that all they had to do was make a “space game” and get there first and they would succeed. Almost all of them missed what made CIG and Star Citizen so successful despite the game not even being out and having many, many, issues and delays." Jesus Christ :psyduck:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Danknificent posted:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

"it looks nice and is running better"

Oh you poor sap

Cohh has always been way too lenient with Star Citizen. I don't think he follows the game much but at least one of his mods is a whale backer, which likely contributes to his views on the "game".

Did he play 2.5 or 2.6?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Strawman posted:

[–]Shadowcam 5 points 2 hours ago

He should keep the Polaris; the wife can have the car.

Heavily-armed Corvette > Minivan

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ixkl4/an_open_letter_to_cig_from_someone_who_actually/

"As the years went by, many other games tried to copy and latch on to CIG’s success, such as Elite Dangerous and No Man’s Sky. Some with more success than others. Many figured that all they had to do was make a “space game” and get there first and they would succeed. Almost all of them missed what made CIG and Star Citizen so successful despite the game not even being out and having many, many, issues and delays." Jesus Christ :psyduck:

wait does he mean the Elite Dangerous that started development 2 years before Star Citizen? I guess he must, we know shitizens have a terrible grasp of time

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Jason Sextro posted:

wait does he mean the Elite Dangerous that started development 2 years before Star Citizen? I guess he must, we know shitizens have a terrible grasp of time

Elite: Dangerous is unique in the fact that the shitizens believe both that a) It's been in development for about 20 years, and b) It's just copying Star Citizen.

Morons the lot of 'em.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Inkel posted:

Cohh has always been way too lenient with Star Citizen. I don't think he follows the game much but at least one of his mods is a whale backer, which likely contributes to his views on the "game".

Did he play 2.5 or 2.6?

Dude is way too nice period. How the gently caress is he a streamer being that nice.

I have no idea, he made mention that the menu looked different and some rear end in a top hat in chat popped up with how he wasn't using the right subscription-based version so it would be different.

I just wanted someone to stream this lovely game to a wider audience than 30 people, 20 of whom are us and 10 are whales.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

This game is worse than the OYUA in the fact the blue balls reach new heights that would gain the respect of even the most jaded Dom.

The holiday stream was hilarious but things are already going back to status quo. I need some new blood spilt or this thing to loving implode already

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

AP posted:

NOT SITTING IN SEAT THIS IS FOR 2.6

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Toon isn't sitting in the pilot seat

ACTUAL RESULT
Toon isn't sitting

EXPECTED RESULT
Repair placement

:laffo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

In the grim star citizen future , military instructors will wear floral Polo shirts and park Ranger hats , with their insignia poorly glued onto the front of the hat

gently caress with 130 million they could have hired a real DS for an hour

Cost hasn't stopped them in the past why bother cheaping out now , give everyone massive Christmas bonuses Chris , empty that well quickly and get this whole thing over with

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SelenicMartian posted:

Some have doubted that CIG made a dill sergeant

So... drill sergeant wasn't a model, it literally was just one of their employees in a big hat with a corny logo cutout taped to the front, performing in a skit.

I'm sure this helps the game because it's very important that the

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Jason Sextro posted:

Elite actually started development in 1963.

Braben sacrificed 20 virgins (tbh not that hard to come by in the space game community) to Belial, and was cast back in time so he could cheat Christ Roberts out of his deserved glory as the saviour of PC gaming.

That's not the weirdest thing though. Now I'm not some conspiracy nut, but it's well known that the false prophet David also happens to be a crack shot with a rifle, and when he's drunk he's been known to reminisce about his time in Dallas... even though there's no record of him ever being there! Coincidence? Maybe...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

So... drill sergeant wasn't a model, it literally was just one of their employees in a big hat with a corny logo cutout taped to the front, performing in a skit.

I'm sure this helps the game because it's very important that the

No see CIG figured it would be a good idea to poke fun at themselves , make some jokes get some laughs

Something other teams might do after they actually release a product

CiG is so far ahead of the curve they're skipping the non important parts

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hav posted:

I like the meta conversation about feeding the trolls.

Hit 'profile', 'add to ignore list' and just spot the occasional quote from people.

Thanks for the wise words commando

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mu77ley posted:

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/
To be fair, SC has alreay delivered the best mutliplayer space sim around, and its barely even developed. It unlikely they will ever live up to the hype, but whats theyve shown is already very impressive.

edit: backer cat in denial tax

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 18, 2016