Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

No see CIG figured it would be a good idea to poke fun at themselves , make some jokes get some laughs

Something other teams might do after they actually release a product

CiG is so far ahead of the curve they're skipping the non important parts

Now see, I feel like that's nearly correct. If they did all these janky shenanigans, showed gameplay progress, AND didn't ask for more money, they'd of had a great little funny live stream event that probably would have earned them new followers and sales.

To make sales "fun" and not a centerpiece, they could have had a Christmas tree with ornaments filled with ship cards. Somebody shook the tree, whatever ornament fell is the ship that went on sale for an hour or something. Hell, even put a qvc timer in the corner for people. But then you play the game, for example you'd play the game using the ship that's currently on sale. Talk about a good idea?

Unfortunately this idea would require an actual functional game to play.

Maybe next year they'll have tons of guns to buy because an FPS game is easier than anything else they want to do. Just make the space part more like a suggestion, or a cutscene, intermixed between 2000's grade FPS action while saying it's "like space Arma!" Backers aren't exactly geniuses so they'll probably love playing the crappy early access quality game while drinking piss and claiming it's fine wine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys, constantly taking screenshots of the people you dislike and watching every single second of hours long livestreams of the game you hate to be able to land the perfect burn about some guys dinner is immensely hosed up. I mean its no surprise it happened in the friday night doxx e-stalking station (and all of this over a videogame), but come on.
Please, stop stalking people online 24/7, doxxing people, sending them death threats, masturbating to spaceships, loling about graphs all friday night. Please, for youre sake. I want the best for you all.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

tooterfish posted:

To be fair, SC has alreay delivered the best mutliplayer space sim around, and its barely even developed. It unlikely they will ever live up to the hype, but whats theyve shown is already very impressive.

The only thing impressive about what they've delivered so far is how bad it is.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Mu77ley posted:

The only thing impressive about what they've delivered so far is how bad it is.

If only the comedy that was the holiday live stream could be made a gameplay mechanic in star citizen.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Saved before the Citizenry spite vote Maple Story 2...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, constantly taking screenshots of the people you dislike and watching every single second of hours long livestreams of the game you hate to be able to land the perfect burn about some guys dinner is immensely hosed up. I mean its no surprise it happened in the friday night doxx e-stalking station (and all of this over a videogame), but come on.
Please, stop stalking people online 24/7, doxxing people, sending them death threats, masturbating to spaceships, loling about graphs all friday night. Please, for youre sake. I want the best for you all.

Agreed.. salient points

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Found this while browsing the: "These are the people you share the road with" thread:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Found this while browsing the: "These are the people you share the road with" thread:

Still less stupid than still having money in Star Citizen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
2.6: MANNEQUIN FACE AND LOST HELMET WHEN TRYING ON ARMOR SUIT IN CUBBY BLAST IN ARCCORP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e7EsZuGTrY

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Welp, there's another cool thing I missed when I was in Hiroshima.

It's worth visiting again, that place is the bomb.

Mu77ley posted:

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

CIG, snatching a failure from the jaws of success.

We did it reddit!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRhVzI9H4k

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Downforce is very important when you're flying, you see.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mu77ley posted:

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

Doesn't flopping require a thing to be released in 2017? Something doesn't add up.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Doesn't flopping require a thing to be released in 2017? Something doesn't add up.

"They can't give us a bad review if we never leave Alpha :smuggo:" -Chris "crobbler" Roberts

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

In the grim star citizen future , military instructors will wear floral Polo shirts and park Ranger hats , with their insignia poorly glued onto the front of the hat

gently caress with 130 million they could have hired a real DS for an hour

Cost hasn't stopped them in the past why bother cheaping out now , give everyone massive Christmas bonuses Chris , empty that well quickly and get this whole thing over with

Because they just don't give these loving things away...

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Swearing at video games is fun, but please remember to doxx your parents.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
imagine ben going "i'd doxx me, i'd doxx me so hard"

let it enrich your holiday experience

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

lol I thought this was another parody video till I looked at the guy's channel and saw there's not a shred of irony to be found

Phil Tool strikes again!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Heres a cool fact about Star Marine.

The grenades have no injury distance. If you are anywhere near the blast radius its a one shot.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Chalks posted:

Downforce is very important when you're flying, you see.

The Spaceofoils provide Space Downforce, which provides better grip on the Higgs Field, which improves space cornering. Obviously.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_ZcA1dwu0&t=1454s
This is to showcase that your guy can move around on a moving ship but lol at the Caterpillar just WHIPPING around at full tilt.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TacticalNecromancy posted:

The Spaceofoils provide Space Downforce, which provides better grip on the Higgs Field, which improves space cornering. Obviously.
shitzens are a space downs force

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

TheLightPurges posted:

Heres a cool fact about Star Marine.

The grenades have no injury distance. If you are anywhere near the blast radius its a one shot.

FUTURE SPACE GRENADES

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Good Dumplings posted:

imagine ben going "i'd doxx me, i'd doxx me so hard"

let it enrich your holiday experience

It puts the money in the ships or it gets the livestream again.

Like pulling apart a grilled cheese sandwich.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ArfJason posted:

Remember the reddit post where they were talking about Derek's daughter lol.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
No because I dont read the thread, but thats insanely hosed up and should be reported to some authority.
Im still slightly disturbed that because the reddit people do it, people here feel justified to repeat the same condemnable actions.
Remember, just because someone got away with something doesnt mean its ok to do it too.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Spatial posted:

I crafted a fantastic device. It will open a portal to another world. A world of dreams...

It just needs to mounted on the top of a Christmas tree like so; the power of the pledge will do the rest. Whoa, it's shaking already!

Powering up!!

WHOA IT'S OUT OF CONTROLLLLL

*poof*

This is good for star citizen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/810516074617864193

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's a team race where your team mate has to fly upside down and below you at all times to keep you in the air.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Because they just don't give these loving things away...

If you're a successful Hollywood director and producer they might

I imagine a Porsche big wig deciding to give one to Crobbers , the publicity they'll get when he ends up on the news , slowly being trailed by 20 cop cars while the news chopper shows him doing massive rails from the steering wheel

-look at that control , precision, absolute perfection, a steering system so balanced you can snort the rest of the Citizens money right off of the Alcantara-

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ArfJason posted:

No because I dont read the thread, but thats insanely hosed up and should be reported to some authority.
Im still slightly disturbed that because the reddit people do it, people here feel justified to repeat the same condemnable actions.
Remember, just because someone got away with something doesnt mean its ok to do it too.

When did I say any of this lol.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Decrepus posted:

When did I say any of this lol.

He's trolling.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Chalks posted:

It's a team race where your team mate has to fly upside down and below you at all times to keep you in the air.

That actually sounds like a somewhat fun idea if done correctly and therefore can't be correct. I like the sound of it, but it's not quite :science: enough

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

That actually sounds like a somewhat fun idea if done correctly and therefore can't be correct. I like the sound of it, but it's not quite :science: enough

Yeah, well, lol at the idea of CIG creating a physics model that involves ships being in contact with each other without instantly exploding. :D

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

I noticed on WTFOsaurus stream that the mannequins all T-pose when you turn the camera towards them and then quickly correct into their regular pose.

Maybe that's why the player cap is so low, they've got too many mannequins.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mu77ley posted:

Massively OP posted:

Star Citizen and WildStar won our award for Most Likely to Flop in 2017 or Beyond.

Notably, Tarkaroshe is a Massively OP Kickstarter and Patreon backer and Lethality is a big supporter of both Star Citizen and WildStar.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I like how even the J4G backers that have had to learn how to even post here can manage to not troll themselves on arfjason's gimmick but thread regulars just keep trolling themselves over and over.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sorry, no clue, but my RSI account is clean enough to confirm a deletion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004