Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Psychepath posted:

Odds factor in potential DQ finishes, I believe, so that could just mean the trombone and Jericho could be a factor in those match finishes.

It's the ruling at the end of the broadcast, yep, so it also applies to Dusty finishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The Sami Zayn/Brauuuuuuuun line is pretty close is telling me that its probably reaching the time limit draw

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

achillesforever6 posted:

The Sami Zayn/Brauuuuuuuun line is pretty close is telling me that its probably reaching the time limit draw

To be fair, everything is close

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, smart money's not in yet. Give it another hour

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Big Cass vs Rusev - Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:00 PM
161 Big Cass (end of preshow ruling) +400
162 Rusev (end of preshow ruling) -600

Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns - WWE Universal Championship - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
103 Kevin Owens (end of broadcast ruling) -600
104 Roman Reigns (end of broadcast ruling) +400

Chris Jericho vs Seth Rollins - Singles Match - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
113 Chris Jericho (end of broadcast ruling) +1500
114 Seth Rollins (end of broadcast ruling) -4500

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair - 30-minute Iron Man Match - WWE Raw Women's Championship - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
123 Sasha Banks (end of broadcast ruling) +400
124 Charlotte Flair (end broadcast ruling) -600

- Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
131 Rich Swann wins Triple Threat -1200
132 Field wins Triple Threat +600

Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman - Singles Match - 10 Minute Time Limit - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
143 Sami Zayn (end of broadcast ruling) -160
144 Braun Strowman (end of broadcast ruling) +120

The New Day vs Cesaro & Sheamus - Tag Team Match - WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
153 The New Day (end of broadcast ruling) +1000
154 Cesaro & Sheamus (end broadcast ruling) -2000

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charlotte comes through! We Did It :toot:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Right now Cesaro/Sheamus, Rollins, and probably Swann are locks, Zayn/Strowman looks like a time limit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its the only streak wwe has left

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm looking forward to the 6th title change between Sasha and Charlotte and I still hope that The Big Dog wins the belt because I haven't seen a PPV go off the air to a chorus of boos in a while, I'm due for it.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Right now Cesaro/Sheamus, Rollins, and probably Swann are locks, Zayn/Strowman looks like a time limit

Looking forward to hearing about how Sami survived 10 minutes with brauuuuuun every time he's on tv until mania (so once a month tops)

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Xavier dedicating the record to his recently deceased grandma and the New Day being amazing on Monday, only to lose the titles at the very first opportunity, is so perfectly awful.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

its the only streak wwe has left
I wonder who at the last hour or two convinces Vince that Charlotte has got to keep winning on the PPV? Hasn't she already set the record at this point?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I agree with Dave that at this point it'd be better (at least financially) breaking her streak at Mania, and in that case it should be Bayley doing it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman - Singles Match - 10 Minute Time Limit - Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:00 PM
143 Sami Zayn (end of broadcast ruling) -160
144 Braun Strowman (end of broadcast ruling) +120

And they don't even give odds for the draw? :jerkbag: (smilie directed at bookmakers, not you!)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Owens retaining and not via DQ would be a pleasant surprise to me, at least

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm looking forward to the 6th title change between Sasha and Charlotte and I still hope that The Big Dog wins the belt because I haven't seen a PPV go off the air to a chorus of boos in a while, I'm due for it.

right now WWE feels more due for a "Roman Reigns wrestles an incredible match and looks like he could impossibly earn the crowd with a win, then loses" kind of failure

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I agree with Dave that at this point it'd be better (at least financially) breaking her streak at Mania, and in that case it should be Dana doing it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Charlotte is so good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT tapings are happening tonight. Here's what happened so far.

quote:

Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford over Adrian Jaoude & Cezar Bononi in the pre-show dark match.

A video is played of Billie Kay & Peyton Royce attacking Asuka in the parking lot before the show.

Billie Kay & Peyton Royce over Macey Estrella & Sarah “Crazy Mary Dobson” Bridges.

Post-match, the Icons claim to be the most dominant force in the women’s division and say the title belongs to them. Asuka runs in (presumably to dispute this and avenge her earlier beating) and gets beaten down, but Nikki Cross makes the save...

...and after clearing the ring of Kay & Royce, Cross attacks Asuka herself!

Elias Samson over Jonathan Cruz (of Los Ben Dejos fame).

Andrade “Cien” Almas over Oney Lorcan. Post-match, Almas is interviewed and answers heatedly in Spanish.

#DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) (c) over the Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship, so they’re doing a fresh version of that tonight.

Post-match, the Authors of Pain jump #DIY and lay them out.

Nikki Cross over Kennadi Brink.

Roderick Strong over Steve Cutler. Roddy has new music, it seems. (Here’s hoping it’s an appropriately Jimmy Hart version of End of Heartache, eh?)

Post-match, Roddy cut a promo calling Almas out, saying he doesn’t care what Almas has to say, he’s here for the NXT Championship.

Tye Dillinger out to cut a promo. He says he ended 2016 with a huge question mark and there’s only so many times you can let the people down. He doesn’t know if he has it in him anymore to be the Perfect 10.

Enter SAnitY. Eric Young says Tye never had it, but with some guidance and a helping hand, maybe he could have everything. Alexander Wolfe offers him a jacket, but Tye throws it to the ground. EY continues pitching him on it, saying that sometimes the right thing feels wrong and that he isn’t asking.

Tye lays EY out but Damo comes out of the crowd and spears him! He follows with Ulster Plantation and accepts the jacket. Damo has joined SAnitY!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
OH NO!

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/817201869353287684

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Asuka/Royce/Kay/Cross 4-way for the belt at Takeover

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

holy poo poo they found him a suit that fits

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/817202697401237504

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Guess Ryan Satin wasn't full of poo poo with them keeping that bad name

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I expect everyone who said Ryan Satin was full of poo poo to give him a full apology

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Oh no.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tato posted:

I expect everyone who said Ryan Satin was full of poo poo to give him a full apology

ryan satin deserves constant poo poo

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HeroOh No vs Nakamura is going to be a 6 star match

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

oatgan posted:

ryan satin deserves constant poo poo

he sucks but he was right, giving him +100 wrestling scoop points. our scoopman does nothing but post about Charlotte sucking and Ric Flair making GBS threads his pants. we should trade for the superior scoopman.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are they seriously re-using his lovely WWE name in an era where every indy geek gets to keep their name no matter how important/unimportant they are

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

HeroOh No vs Nakamura is going to be a 6 star match

its good they give nakamura the best wrestlers in the company once a year to keep his mystique alive

Tato posted:

he sucks but he was right, giving him +100 wrestling scoop points. our scoopman does nothing but post about Charlotte sucking and Ric Flair making GBS threads his pants. we should trade for the superior scoopman.

the pants making GBS threads scoop is way better than chris hero's name

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apologize to Satin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Anyway here's the rest of the taping

quote:

Ember Moon over Liv Morgan.

Contract signing for Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura now. Roode starts off by downplaying Nakamura’s career accomplishments, but puts over his theme song. Nakamura, and this seems to be factual, says he likes Bobby because he looks like a Shiba Inu dog. He is a weird dude, Shinsuke.

Aliyah over Mandy Rose.

No Way Jose over Kona Reeves. Post-match, Elias Samson comes down to interrupt Jose’s celebration with a song.

Eric Young over Chris Atkins. After, EY tells Tye he made his choice, and so Dillinger will be wrestling someone from SAnitY at TakeOver: San Antonio.

TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne) over The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson), but the Revival laid a beating on the Australians after.

William Regal comes out to confirm that the NXT Women’s Championship match at TakeOver: San Antonio will be a four-way match, with Asuka defending against Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, and Peyton Royce. Kay and Royce come out to address this decision, and Nikki follows. Asuka attacks the Icons, she and Nikki have a stare-down before finishing off the Icons together, going back to staring at each other, and fighting off a bunch of security guards. Asuka throws a knockout kick at Cross and starts to leave, but Nikki wakes up and plants her with a dive to the outside.

Shinsuke Nakamura & Tajiri over Bobby Roode & Samoa Joe, presumably a dark match to finish out the taping.

CHRIS HERO IS HERE! Alas, his tron says Kassius Ohno once again. He comes out wearing a suit, heads in the ring, shows Nakamura his elbow, and leaves.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Tato posted:

Rov has actually been pretty fair to Charlotte for months now.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

So no Joe except in a likely dark match

C'mooooon Rumble appearance :getin:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hero v. Shinsuke? loving yesssssss

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

Are they seriously re-using his lovely WWE name in an era where every indy geek gets to keep their name no matter how important/unimportant they are

I wouldn't mind if it was Kassius Ono, honestly

But aren't they calling Kevin Owens "K.O." on the main roster? Seems stupid branding-wise.

It'll probably be dropped to just "Kassius" at some point. Hopefully.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Big Kassius.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If we don't see KO vs. KO for the rights to the KO gimmick where Owens goes over and Hero says 'FINE! from this day forth MY NAME IS CHRIS HERO!' then this company is dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd laugh if that's just a dark segment to troll people with that lovely name