Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Tippis posted:

Tethers are good for you. Also, rovers.

Played 4 hours of it tonight. Had a good time learning my own way through the game.

Took me 2 hours to realise that there's research pod things up each tree, and another hour to figure out I could just build a ramp up to get it down, instead of digging up the tree!

A strange mixture of relaxing most of the time and then tense when you've over-extended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

When the guy that refunded and then bought back in for thousands of dollars a second time, leading to a second refund says you guys are being stupid it's time to listen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tokamak posted:

CIG pushed out a patch on Sunday afternoon.
Not only did Chris cancel an early Christmas, but also the weekend.

At least Crusader is open again.

Chunks of the patch are missing, and 2.6 PTU somehow broke 2.5. Spending the weekend on a patch that only addresses minor issues must be demoralising. They have only just introduced additional logging to track down their biggest bug, so I don't have much faith that they will get it done by Christmas. They will likely have to push 2.6 to live, even if it is broken. Otherwise players will be stuck over the holidays with a 2.5 that doesn't even let them spawn ships.

Crunch Imperium Games

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So I pimped an old song yesterday for the lulz, usually that gets a hundred downloads from goons here and maybe they'll check out some of others. Then Derek tweeted about it.

Now it's done over 1000 downloads, which is out of all proportion. It's not the numbers, that's a drop in the bucket compared to a pgbaz video. It does say that there's a wider audience for Derek than you might think, and they're probably citizens. Citizens who would download a song saying Derek was right. I think that's something new and unexpected.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Needs David Braben providing a spaceship.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And the Death Star is a single-seater.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That reminds me, can someone explain what the megamap thing is? You can use wavy hands if needed.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The last three weeks I've been slowly killing myself with CK2/HIP and Transport Fever. Does anyone care to provide a summary for the last 7k posts?

Did 2,6 come out? Have CIG released the SQ42 mission?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

This will never not kill me, and how on earth do we not have this over the Star Citizen live stream footage yet.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

we are but simple folk

I daint unerstant these here city werds.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Reminder that Jared used to be a Star Citizen superfan and went by the name "Disco Lando."

lame rear end loving nickname imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys, reminder that people in this thread doxxed someone, and then did it to me and bought me an avatar of my real life picture because I had the gall to tell them how creepy it is to stalk people online constantly for months.

Namaste.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

2.6j already? Wasn't MoMA just bragging about 2.6g a couple days ago?

Is 2.5 being broken a wide spread problem? I saw the bug report AP posted of one guy's 2.5 not working anymore, but I haven't seen any indication of how widespread any issues are.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dante80 posted:

The last three weeks I've been slowly killing myself with CK2/HIP and Transport Fever. Does anyone care to provide a summary for the last 7k posts?

Did 2,6 come out? Have CIG released the SQ42 mission?

CIG made fools on themselves on a live stream.
Astroneer is pretty fun as a more sensible No Man's Sky.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XK posted:

Laughing at a completely incompetent company with a $140 million in pre-orders just seems a much better topic than a few dozen people who may have bought $10 accounts on the same forums as yourself.

I'm not totally against us being laughed at, there is some stupid stuff that happens in here, like comparisons to episodes of Community.

FYAD should be on-board with exposing CIG's nonsense.

lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i have come fully around to arfjasons timely reminders

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

alf_pogs posted:

i have come fully around to arfjasons timely reminders

but we already have that gimmick

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

That reminds me, can someone explain what the megamap thing is? You can use wavy hands if needed.

Kim Dotcom made a Star Marine map to pwn n00bs on

it's mega

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

This will never not kill me, and how on earth do we not have this over the Star Citizen live stream footage yet.

This is the best I can do :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCutU1HLsxY

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That might actually have worked if they'd used an actual Elite ship to make the point that SC's ships look awesome while Elite's look like wedges. It would be bullshit, but it would make sense.

Of course, to make the most sense, the Death Star needs to be replaced with a picture of the Crobbler and Sandi speeding off in a Porsche with dollar bills trailing behind them.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

I've been following all the train wreck threads since the days of Doobie, and this is the first time I've heard the term used.

So maybe Cribblers made it up on the spot to cause more hype

Also I feel this is relevant, and needs to be provided jpegs of space ships

General Bullshit › A Spaceship for Lowtax

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Mega map is probably like that stretch goal of Command & Conquer on the bridge of the big ships, where you direct your minions and players from the immense immersion of your fully modeled bagel carrier.

In the new version, it's called the DOCS. If you can connect the pipe game challenge from ship to Linked In account for that player (or even NPC, because they are so realistic they literally also have real lives and families and you can follow them home outside the game and everything), you will cause their ship to explode.

The DOCS is def coming before Christmas because CIG is basically masters of putting code underneath great ideas. If you can think it up, it will just happen like magic the next day.

I'm on board the CIG Express, and trust me when I get to the last stop at Santaball, and Chris is ready to hand out the first pledge gift, I hear the bells ringing and jingling on the Spectrum members in attendance!

Don't be one of those outsiders looking in, not hearing the bells. Dig deep this Christmas. Your family will never know you secretly replaced the mortgage payment with an Idris. You're securing them a spot as a citizen in the verse that's not part of the Firefly verse! Only you make Star Citizen a reality! :911:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, reminder that people in this thread doxxed someone, and then did it to me and bought me an avatar of my real life picture because I had the gall to tell them how creepy it is to stalk people online constantly for months.

Namaste.

Oh poo poo doxxed in his probation comment, ruthless.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tippis posted:

Tethers are good for you. Also, rovers.

I haven't placed a single tether since my tethergeddon game. My fps was in the single digits before I realized they tank FPS.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

This poo poo just sinks up perfectly with just about anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fYhn4hGdAc

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Namaste.

hi Wulf

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ArfJason posted:

Namaste.

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:
:five::five::five:
:lol::lol::lol:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
My last 火車 of the evening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-KNttXz-wY

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Edit: unnecessarily rude

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 19, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Star Citizen Whales: A Tale in Three Acts

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu77ley posted:

Star Citizen wins Most Likely to Flop in 2017 award on Massively OP: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/18/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-most-likely-to-flop/

Star Citizen is too big to fail. It's a juggernaut, with 300 developers, 140 million dollars and Chris Robert's genius behind it. Supported by a generous & loyal community, it certainly won't flop in 2017 or even 2018.

With 100 systems, a 9:1 NPC to player ratio, where the NPCs are conducting trade, fighting, politicking and living their own lives which players can interact with. The possibilities are endless. CIG has thought of every profession, right up repairing onboard entertainment systems to keep the NPCs happy. It's astounding.

Right now, you can purchase ships that have a crew of 70! Imagine you and 69 friends all collaborating in space battles (or repairing entertainment systems) against another ship with 70 people on it. Imagine 3 of them all battling it out. It'll be amazing.

As long as Star Citizen lives in our hearts and in our imagination, it can never flop.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Star Citizen Whales: A Tale in Three Acts

Just for an alternative look at how another company did this sort of thing.

They released closed alpha in waves, and a certain percentage of those waves from each category depending on how much you spent to buy the game package.

I think the top package was like $150, which got you all sorts of in-game items plus guaranteed alpha access etc etc. And then say $100, $80, $60 or something for the other packages.

People got SUPER pissed because they paid $150 for guaranteed access, which only meant they would EVENTUALLY be guaranteed, not necessarily on the first wave.

Lots of folks even offered to pay the difference in packages to upgrade if they would get a key right away, the dev's held firm and said 'nope, we're doing it this way that is final, no matter how much money you spend everyone has a percentage to get in'

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

dont dox discord. makes that dude angry and then he forgets to call his parents and makes the other dude angry. Its a hideous cycle.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, so how is 2.6?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

ArfJason posted:

Namaste.

All this talk of funds has made me realize this thread is far too undertaxed given its volume and fidelity

introducing the arf tax

arf arf arf

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

I haven't placed a single tether since my tethergeddon game. My fps was in the single digits before I realized they tank FPS.

You can pick them up, and connect them to just the rover wherever you go. And you only really need them underground, where you won't see them — bonus! :D

And I don't know — it seemed like umpteen bajillion connections between bases and storage slots killed my FPS more. I think this game may have a few optimisation issues to work out…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, so how is 2.6?

About as good as a $20 indie multiplayer-only shooter that launches DOA, and never manages a full server.