Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I only have a GTX 660 otherwise I would pick up ED in a heartbeat. What's the Engineers expansion bringing to the table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Would the tracker be counting melting as transactions?
Because that's the only reason CIG could possible making that much money on a day.

This is legit crazy if people spend money on cig 24/7.

Has some goon ever done an analysis of hourly donations over the years, accounting for time zones? I kind of remember something like that. Does anyone remember if there was any pattern that would account for US/EU daytime and time zones where it's mostly empty water? I find it insane that in 5 years there hasn't been a single hour where someone didn't throw money at CIG.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Amarcarts posted:

I only have a GTX 660 otherwise I would pick up ED in a heartbeat. What's the Engineers expansion bringing to the table?

Extra zoom, armour, dakka, jump range and experimental stuff like fuel powered ammo-free rail-guns or lasers that bypass shields or overheat your target.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Shouldn't a gtx 660 run ED just fine?

Also, engineers brings module modding into the game. i.e. you mod your powerplant to produce more power, but also more heat, or your weapons to do more damage etc.

Basically what SC advertised with "equipment overclocking", but it actually exists.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

someone got a chuckle out of the comments.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 19, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, just when I was thinking "$150 US american bucks and he just got stuck backwards in his sperg throne" and then plop, he gets shat out of the ship. :downsbravo:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

MeLKoR posted:

Has some goon ever done an analysis of hourly donations over the years, accounting for time zones? I kind of remember something like that. Does anyone remember if there was any pattern that would account for US/EU daytime and time zones where it's mostly empty water? I find it insane that in 5 years there hasn't been a single hour where someone didn't throw money at CIG.

I had that very same thought when I wrote that.
I mean, take asian timezone. SC isn't that known in the East I mean they have their own poo poo.
So at some point there has to be a dead zone, right?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ewe2 posted:

So I pimped an old song yesterday for the lulz, usually that gets a hundred downloads from goons here and maybe they'll check out some of others. Then Derek tweeted about it.

Now it's done over 1000 downloads, which is out of all proportion. It's not the numbers, that's a drop in the bucket compared to a pgbaz video. It does say that there's a wider audience for Derek than you might think, and they're probably citizens. Citizens who would download a song saying Derek was right. I think that's something new and unexpected.

Look no further than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ah, SconeBenge.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

Truga posted:

Also, engineers brings module modding into the game. i.e. you mod your powerplant to produce more power, but also more heat, or your weapons to do more damage etc.

Basically what SC advertised with "equipment overclocking", but it actually exists.

It would run it but I refuse to play games on anything but the highest graphic settings. I always buy cards when they are around $200 so I'm a few years behind the most recent titles

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

It works out good because I pick up AAA titles on sale for $10.

edit: None of my friends play games either so I'm more into single-player stuff

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

loving hell CIG, you really are pathetic.

:regd08:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

they have no idea whats coming

Please share

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Amarcarts posted:

It would run it but I refuse to play games on anything but the highest graphic settings. I always buy cards when they are around $200 so I'm a few years behind the most recent titles

I'm not a PC master race kinda guy but that's a pretty dumb set of values you've got going on there..

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Excellent point. It doesn't really explain why they'd download a song telling them Derek is right, but haters are weird.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I had that very same thought when I wrote that.
I mean, take asian timezone. SC isn't that known in the East I mean they have their own poo poo.
So at some point there has to be a dead zone, right?

I've wondered the same thing for years now. My best guess is that they take subscription, loans, investor cash, and other residuals, and spread them out into an hourly average to make sure the tracker never hits zero.

Someone should make an inverse tracker that shows expenses, with significant dips for coffee machines, space doors, and mo-cap sessions.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm not a PC master race kinda guy but that's a pretty dumb set of values you've got going on there..

See my next post I'm poor

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's a good rule. My rule is to not play games that don't have VR support and it's not going nearly as well. :v:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, uh... does shooting even one of those melt the server?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

$28.5k baseline daily intake is still insane! whats the lowest its been on daily?
Just a few months ago people were saying that the tracker not dipping past $42k daily was rigged.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Wrecked Angle posted:

Buy games that are a couple of years old and you know they're stable, compatible, they've been bug-fixed and optimized. They also have DLC and mods are available . Only good games make it to that point, no-one mods the poo poo ones.

It's also cheap.

Let some other sucker get in on day one and pay for the privilege of play testing.

Compared to buying space-ship jpegs it's absolute genius.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's not been under $30k since like 2013 at least? It's definitely slowing down.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Amarcarts posted:

What's the Engineers expansion bringing to the table?
Engineers.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I know, I just blew your mind.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

tooterfish posted:

I know, I just blew your mind.

Actually my mind got permanently blown when I saw the prices for Star Citizen 'microtransactions' for the first time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

tooterfish posted:

Engineers.
Will that let me capture the enemy construction yard?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Man, I haven't played enemy territory in like a year.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

This is the Star Citizen thread so... yes, of course it will. /waves hands.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They just have to layer the code on top of it. /frantically stuffs hundred dollar bills into a suitcase

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SelenicMartian posted:

Just a few months ago people were saying that the tracker not dipping past $42k daily was rigged.

Are you telling me you believe the tracker is not rigged?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Buy games that are a couple of years old and you know they're stable, compatible, they've been bug-fixed and optimized. They also have DLC and mods are available . Only good games make it to that point, no-one mods the poo poo ones.

It's also cheap.

Let some other sucker get in on day one and pay for the privilege of play testing.

Yeah, not arguing any of that. I'm saying that not playing a game because you can't run it on it's highest settings is a bit daft. Even with decent hardware turning up settings like AA and shadow or reflection quality tanks performance. Not playing a good game because you have to run it on medium settings is a bit dumb imo.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Awww Yisssss!!!!!!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Are you telling me you believe the tracker is not rigged?
It's booby trapped.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Will that let me capture the enemy construction yard?

Aaah, landing a helicopter in a base with poor air defence, capturing half the buildings with a few engineers and immediately selling them.

That and sandbagging across the entire map.

Good times.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Wrecked Angle posted:

Yeah, not arguing any of that. I'm saying that not playing a game because you can't run it on it's highest settings is a bit daft. Even with decent hardware turning up settings like AA and shadow or reflection quality tanks performance. Not playing a good game because you have to run it on medium settings is a bit dumb imo.

My mistake agree totally, crysis is a great example of a game that nobody could play on a standard gaming PC at the highest settings for years after release.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

Also planetary landings, ability to add a rover module to your ship so you can drive/explore on planets, alien/unknown wreckage and "ruins" on planets

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Amarcarts posted:

Wowzers dude :rolleyes:

Maybe you could request a build that maxes out at 720p, that shouldn't make any less sense than your current criterials

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I refuse to play anything that's not a fully immersive VR experience but I don't own a VR headset so I just shout at people on the internet all day.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Truga posted:

i started playing E:D with a GT 520 (a plain GT, not even an GTX model) and with an i5 and 8 G ram it would run "high" settings at 40 fps in space and 30-35 fps on planets. Medium settings would push both into the 50+ fps range. Game is very well optimised.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Amarcarts posted:

See my next post I'm poor

That's the very least of your issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Morningwoodpecker posted:

It's also cheap.

I'm on board with all of this, it's the "refuse to play with sub-MAX graphs" I don't get