Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
if I can't play a game on full settings I get a new graphics card, I am in no way saying this is the right thing to do it is just the way I am :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Xaerael posted:

Something's wrong on the Frontier ED 24hr livestream. There's been no tech glitches yet, and the creator is successfully playing his game and is acting like he's seen the interface before today. These guys clearly don't know anything about livestream development.

Also no censoring in chat. Some jabs at Frontier and mention of SC and nobody bats an eye.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

aleksendr posted:

i started playing E:D with a GT 520 (a plain GT, not even an GTX model) and with an i5 and 8 G ram it would run "high" settings at 40 fps in space and 30-35 fps on planets. Medium settings would push both into the 50+ fps range. Game is very well optimised.

Meanwhile I get very obvious stutters on high in VR or on ultra on my dumb 30" screen with a 980Ti :v:

It's a very well done game though, yeah. A very good foundation for future developments. Like the next patch, which is promising multicrew! :shill:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

if I can't play a game on full settings I get a new graphics card, I am in no way saying this is the right thing to do it is just the way I am :v:

A dangerous habit. If you bought Dishonored 2 you wouldn't have been able to play it on full settings on any card and you'd get stuck in an infinite loop of buying new graphics cards.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I'm still on my passively cooled GTX750. Game engines nowadays scale so well I'm able to run recent games at 766x1366, which is where my lovely TV maxes out anyways

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chalks posted:

A dangerous habit. If you bought Dishonored 2 you wouldn't have been able to play it on full settings on any card and you'd get stuck in an infinite loop of buying new graphics cards.

It's the same with SC, sometimes you do have to just accept it, like 40fps is the best I can get in Port Ollisssasaar

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm still on my passively cooled GTX750. Game engines nowadays scale so well I'm able to run recent games at 766x1366, which is where my lovely TV maxes out anyways

If it works it works, I just like buying new crap as well I think. The upside is I can usually sell my old GPU for a good amount or do like I am this year and putting them in a friends kids PC and making his year :)

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Same here. It's got rather expensive since I bought a 4k monitor sadly. ;)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yo guys you need to stop carefully combing videos of people you desire to murder frame by frame just to find if the button up shirt is the wrong square pattern colors or whatever obsessive minute detail you love to analyze 1000000hrs of footage for. It is really unhealthy behaviour, and makes you look like weirdos (I'm starting to think it might be more than just looks).
Please, stop doxxing people, stop jerking off to the bad spaceships, stop constantly posting through the entirety of friday nights about how much you want to assassinate with high impact weapons the wife of the bad space dev. I beg you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hosed up if true

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

If it works it works, I just like buying new crap as well I think. The upside is I can usually sell my old GPU for a good amount or do like I am this year and putting them in a friends kids PC and making his year :)

Oh, I'm not judging, I spend my cash on random electronics, most recently digital synthesizers

I guess I could shove one in a kid's computer but I don't think it would make him much happier

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Truga posted:

hosed up if true

It's.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ArfJason posted:

Yo guys you need to stop carefully combing videos of people you desire to murder frame by frame just to find if the button up shirt is the wrong square pattern colors or whatever obsessive minute detail you love to analyze 1000000hrs of footage for. It is really unhealthy behaviour, and makes you look like weirdos (I'm starting to think it might be more than just looks).
Please, stop doxxing people, stop jerking off to the bad spaceships, stop constantly posting through the entirety of friday nights about how much you want to assassinate with high impact weapons the wife of the bad space dev. I beg you.

Hello

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh, I'm not judging, I spend my cash on random electronics, most recently digital synthesizers

I guess I could shove one in a kid's computer but I don't think it would make him much happier

Spending on stuff you like is cool and good as displayed time and time again by the star citizen community

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Good day.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
All is well!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wrecked Angle posted:

Awww Yisssss!!!!!!

Derek Smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART!!!

I don't quite know how to say this...

But Derek's game is bad.

I wish I could have pushed on past the quarter of an hour mark but really... it was painful.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Isn't that game free on steam? Did agent gift you a free game?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ArfJason posted:

Good day.

have you bought all christmas presents yet?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wrecked Angle posted:

But Derek's game is bad.

I wish I could have pushed on past the quarter of an hour mark but really... it was painful.

You ingrate :colbert:

You could at least hiss "thank you" through your teeth and photoshop up an hour of time played

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

You ingrate :colbert:

You could at least hiss "thank you" through your teeth and photoshop up an hour of time played

I don't know.. I kinda feel like the time he already has photoshopped in there is pretty generous :shrug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

have you bought all christmas presents yet?

I have, I just have one more actually, I get all excited at Christmas!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

I have, I just have one more actually, I get all excited at Christmas!

Which spaceships did you buy for your loved ones, Pgabz?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Also, I've had a thought, maybe Chris just won his massive yacht in a lucky draw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsYoeoEE3ww

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

Which spaceships did you buy for your loved ones, Pgabz?

ALL OF THEM!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wrecked Angle posted:

But Derek's game is bad.

At least do a Let's Play of it.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

ALL OF THEM!

Fantastic. They'll probably get weeks (not months) of enjoyment from those JPEGs

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

LastCaress posted:

Nobody would've cared about audio sync issues if they could've shown some interesting gameplay.
Amusingly the lovely stream quality is the thing most of the cultists are getting upset about. For example the INN morons all said that they were disappointed in the stream but their faith in the developers is unwavering.

So if anything CIG loving up the live stream successfully took attention away from the fact that they have literally nothing worth showing.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Sunswipe posted:

At least do a Let's Play of it.

I did think about streaming or making a video or some poo poo but the 'game' is just crap and I'm not talented enough to make it anything other than just a crap video of a crap game.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Isn't that game free on steam? Did agent gift you a free game?

Its listed as £6.99 as far as I can see. I sincerely hope TheAgent didn't pay that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

I did think about streaming or making a video or some poo poo but the 'game' is just crap and I'm not talented enough to make it anything other than just a crap video of a crap game.

Its listed as £6.99 as far as I can see. I sincerely hope TheAgent didn't pay that.

Oh, it was free for awhile, that is the reason it stains my steam library.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

You have a kind heart commando.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Chin posted:

Amusingly the lovely stream quality is the thing most of the cultists are getting upset about. For example the INN morons all said that they were disappointed in the stream but their faith in the developers is unwavering.

So if anything CIG loving up the live stream successfully took attention away from the fact that they have literally nothing worth showing.

The only reason they are focusing on the stream is because the stream was so irredeemably poo poo that they feel safe complaining about it. It's a proxy for their overall discomfort. There have been poo poo streams before without this level of dissatisfaction.

If CIG was showing good progress, they would be goofing on the bad stream, but there wouldn't be the level of upset we are seeing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dooguk posted:

You have a kind heart commando.

I know, I am making it so he can play GTA online much much better and then I can mercilessly tea bag him until he rage quits / gives up on life. It's the gift of giving

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Chris Roberts' T-Posing Cir-cusssssssssss

And now for something incompletely developed.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This is all I ever wanted in my life. Thread title of the next century right there

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Amarcarts posted:

I only have a GTX 660 otherwise I would pick up ED in a heartbeat. What's the Engineers expansion bringing to the table?

I was using a GTX 460 and had no problem playing ED on high, your card will have no problems playing it.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Something completely deficient?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpq2RQP-P7g

Custom Discord skin looking good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That really looks 100% like they just licensed discord and tossed their name on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That really looks 100% like they just licensed discord and tossed their name on it.

Do we start a countdown to the point where Chris starts demanding changes to Spectrum in ways that won't work and break it horribly, doing to discord what he did to Cryengine?