Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

PuTTY riot posted:

2) I have a few blu rays with "digital copies" that are "ultraviolet". Assuming that's some sort of brand. Is there an app or thing that'll let me watch those movies on my sticks? Disney's Finding Dory let me add it to my amazon account directly and it shows up under "your movies".

Ultraviolet is basically a digital locker that transcends individual services. Amazon never opted in. Disney has their own weird set up where you can add their digital movies to your chosen store account, including Amazon.

The Flixster app use to have SD ultraviolet access but they removed it for some reason. CygnusTM's right that it's a big gap with the Fire TV.

I don't know if you can sideload something like FandangoNow or Vudu for Android TV but UV is one of those things where you'd be much better off just getting a cheap secondary device like a Roku Express or Chromecast where you can get native support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Looks like Amazon may have halted the new update.

quote:

I’m not positive, but it seems like the 5.2.4.0 software update, that started rolling out to Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks just over a week ago, has been temporarily halted. It’s not uncommon for Amazon to stop distributing a software update if a serious issue is detected with the first round of devices that receive the update, and it seems like that may be the case with this latest software update.

When Amazon stops pushing out a software update due to an issue, they’ll fix the issue and begin pushing out a slightly different version of the software update. When this happens, the update’s version number usually remains the same between version, but the build number changes. This is what happened with the earlier 5.2.1.0 software update, which initially had a build number of 550144920, but was then halted and restarted with a new build number of 550145120, due to a bug that prevented the screensaver from launching.

Amazon just updated their Fire TV software version page last night to now list the new 5.2.4.0 update. However, instead of listing the build number of the update, like they’ve always done in the past, the page instead has the word “[PLACEHOLDER]” where the build number should be. This is the main reason I think the first build of 5.2.4.0 has been halted and a new build will begin rolling out in the near future. Amazon has never omitted the build number on that page, so I think they know a new build number is coming soon, but instead of waiting for the new build of 5.2.4.0 to be finalized, they updated the page with a placeholder.

Of course, I could absolutely be wrong about this, but it does seem like this updating is taking longer than usual to arrive. None of my 5 devices eligible for this update have received it yet, which is unusual for me when the update has been out for over a week. The only issue with the 5.2.4.0 that I’ve come across that might be serious enough to halt the update is an odd incompatibility with older TVs that can only display 1080i/480p.

I’d love to know in the comments below what date exactly did your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick receive the 5.2.4.0 update. It’s actually possible for devices to update to the initial 5.2.4.0 build even after it has been halted. This could happen if a device receives notice of the update during the roll out but doesn’t decide to install it until much later. Despite that, getting a quick senses of when these updates have arrived could give us a better idea of whether or not the update has been halted.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-software-update-5-2-4-0-possibly-halted/

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well poo poo. Maybe you and I'll get it sometime in Q1 2017. Better than loving up my device though.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

PuTTY riot posted:

2 questions

1) I have a bunch of sticks. I have an older reciever that I'm setting up with 5.1 speakers and all that. My tv has an optical out and passes DD when I'm watching QAM cable. I can't seem to get the fire tv (or my blu ray for that matter) to push DD/DTS/whatever over that same opical cable, only stereo PCM. Any way to remedy this besides buying something (regular fire tv, hdmi receiver or weird thing that splits out the audio before it gets to the TV)

Hmmm mine is setup in the same way with 1 optical out to a receiver from the TV and it is able to play audio from all HDMI sources/inputs.. kinda weird. Maybe a setting in your tv audio options? What kind of TV is it?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

thebushcommander posted:

Hmmm mine is setup in the same way with 1 optical out to a receiver from the TV and it is able to play audio from all HDMI sources/inputs.. kinda weird. Maybe a setting in your tv audio options? What kind of TV is it?

It plays sound, it's just not 5.1 audio. I've looked around but not much to do, especially when you turn off the tv speaker. It's an older LG

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

This didn't happen. Unless it was only a day. I bought 6 firetv sticks to give as Christmas presents and each one has been updating with the newest FireOS after setup is complete. Still haven't seen it on my Box or Stick at home though, but I haven't checked yet either.

Also so far I am not a fan of the new menu layout.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

PuTTY riot posted:

It plays sound, it's just not 5.1 audio. I've looked around but not much to do, especially when you turn off the tv speaker. It's an older LG

Go into the FireTV settings and Display/Sounds - there are different settings for Dolby Audio i.e. "Dolby Digital Plus auto" , "Off", Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI and simply Dolby Digital over HDMI... maybe try using just Dolby Digital over HDMI if your receiver is older? idk if its on the default first settings and your device for playback doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus it will default to Stereo output.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

thebushcommander posted:

This didn't happen. Unless it was only a day. I bought 6 firetv sticks to give as Christmas presents and each one has been updating with the newest FireOS after setup is complete. Still haven't seen it on my Box or Stick at home though, but I haven't checked yet either.

Also so far I am not a fan of the new menu layout.

It's possible that they rushed it out after Rbox released the update rom for rooted people. But yeah, 1 of my boxes got the update today.

Overall I like it. The style seems much better and it's less in your face about Prime content despite 2 big banners on the front page promoting stuff. I also like how you can customize the order of apps in 'your apps & games'

Two issues I have with it. Certain art take forever to load while really hurts the new interface and the new music app prioritizes things from Prime/Unlimited over your own music. It's also weird where when you click a certain artist like Prince, it's just lists all of his songs in a giant row instead of letting you browse them by album title. I guess all of that is to try to push you into using the voice search (which now, when you voice search "Parade By Prince" it will show the music app as a place to search results and it will plug your query into the text search in the app. Hopefully that expands beyond Amazon services.)

- edit Also this is good to know http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-disable-auto-playing-video-and-audio-on-the-new-fire-tv-home-screen-interface/

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 14, 2016

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

thebushcommander posted:

Go into the FireTV settings and Display/Sounds - there are different settings for Dolby Audio i.e. "Dolby Digital Plus auto" , "Off", Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI and simply Dolby Digital over HDMI... maybe try using just Dolby Digital over HDMI if your receiver is older? idk if its on the default first settings and your device for playback doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus it will default to Stereo output.

This did the trick. I changed it from the Dolby Digital Plus Automatic to Dolby Digital over HDMI. Finding Dory making GBS threads out 3/2 DD like I'd expect. yay. Now if Hulu would just get their act together and give us something better than stereo I'd really be cooking with gas.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Oh yeah I got the update on my gen2 stick today. Haven't checked my gen1 sticks yet.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My understanding is that gen1 sticks will be officially forgotten about in this update. Whether they get any bugfixes etc going forward with their old interface, I don't know. It's good enough to watch Prime and watch NextPVR through Kodi, which is all we use them for, so unless it's a night and day revelation in those departments we will continue to stick with what we've got.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Craptacular! posted:

My understanding is that gen1 sticks will be officially forgotten about in this update. Whether they get any bugfixes etc going forward with their old interface, I don't know. It's good enough to watch Prime and watch NextPVR through Kodi, which is all we use them for, so unless it's a night and day revelation in those departments we will continue to stick with what we've got.

First gen sticks and boxes are suppose to get the update eventually.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Update's pretty damned awful. I really detest it. All the loving helpful tips that are only supposed to show up once show up constantly, they hid my apps deep in a menu, it's not as clear what's currently selected with their new navigation system... overall it's just a mess and feels like they changed poo poo just to change it.

I really REALLY hate the "down, right" navigation. Your selection is in the upper left. Can't see what's above it without going up, can't see left without going left. And gently caress the auto-play HBO ad that kicks off if you pause too long on the home screen.

"Apps" now apparently means "go buy something". Installed apps, the things you actually use, are pretty well hidden. At least holding home goes to a menu.... that shows you a dozen FREE!!!!!! apps before yours until you manually select each one and bring them to the front. Why the gently caress was it too hard to copy the "Recently used Apps" setting from the previous build? The world may never know.

I want my $40 back. If it's just an ad platform now, it should be free.

Harik fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 18, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Harik posted:

Update's pretty damned awful. I really detest it. All the loving helpful tips that are only supposed to show up once show up constantly, they hid my apps deep in a menu, it's not as clear what's currently selected with their new navigation system... overall it's just a mess and feels like they changed poo poo just to change it.

I really REALLY hate the "down, right" navigation. Your selection is in the upper left. Can't see what's above it without going up, can't see left without going left. And gently caress the auto-play HBO ad that kicks off if you pause too long on the home screen.

"Apps" now apparently means "go buy something". Installed apps, the things you actually use, are pretty well hidden. At least holding home goes to a menu.... that shows you a dozen FREE!!!!!! apps before yours until you manually select each one and bring them to the front. Why the gently caress was it too hard to copy the "Recently used Apps" setting from the previous build? The world may never know.

I want my $40 back. If it's just an ad platform now, it should be free.

You can turn off the auto play by going Settings -> Preferences -> Featured Content -> 'Allow Video Autoplay' 'Allow Audio Autoplay' OFF. And I'm not sure what you're talking about with the rest of your complaint. Recent on the home page still behaves the same way of listing the most recently used apps.

Plus the App Launcher just lists all the apps that are tied to your account, it doesn't insert apps you don't own. Highlight the app you want, hit the lines button and click 'move to front'. It will remember the order afterwards. That's also mirrored in 'Your Apps & Games' on the homepage right below recent and the 'Your Apps & Games' section in the recently updated Fire TV Remote app that can remote launch apps.

You can also permanently remove apps you don't want showing in your list by deleting it from your cloud. It's an option in the same section as 'move to front'

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 19, 2016

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

How recently did they roll out the new UI? I just got the new Fire TV 4K and the UI is awful, I agree. The old UI had easy access to prime music, which is about 99% of what I use it for

Other than Netflix and Prime Video, are there any other 4K HDR video streams yet? I.e. the new monthly HBO app/subscription. I heard that YouTube was rolling out 4k HDR to non PC devices soon but hasn't happened yet.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Vudu and Fandango Now both do 4k HDR (neither are available on the FireTV.)

FireTV can't do HDR at all which is a pretty glaring oversight at this point. If they can't upgrade the current devices to output HDR via an update, they really need to get new devices out there. Most of Amazon's shows have HDR now and to not be able to display them on their own streaming device is silly.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Call Me Charlie posted:

You can turn off the auto play by going Settings -> Preferences -> Featured Content -> 'Allow Video Autoplay' 'Allow Audio Autoplay' OFF. And I'm not sure what you're talking about with the rest of your complaint. Recent on the home page still behaves the same way of listing the most recently used apps. (And App Launcher just lists all the apps that are tied to your account. Highlight the app you want, hit the lines button and click 'move to front'. It will remember the order afterwards. That's also mirrored in 'Your Apps & Games' on the homepage right below recent)

Until the next update, when it buries everything I actually use under another dozen partner offers. That's what I mean about being an ad-platform.

I figured there would be some way to turn that poo poo off but gently caress having to. There's exactly zero people in the world who want to be the target of autoplaying video, but goddamn if marketing doesn't get diamond-hard erections at the thought of being able to force ads on everyone who turns on their TV.

The supposed integration with prime is worthless since there is, again, no way to actually search by prime - you search, it gives you tons of ads for videos to pay for. It's an ad delivery device. And Kodi doesn't even work that well on it.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Plus the App Launcher just lists all the apps that are tied to your account, it doesn't insert apps you don't own. Highlight the app you want, hit the lines button and click 'move to front'. It will remember the order afterwards. That's also mirrored in 'Your Apps & Games' on the homepage right below recent and the 'Your Apps & Games' section in the recently updated Fire TV Remote app that can remote launch apps.

I don't own Netflix, HBO Now, or the other 25 partner offers that showed up before the apps I do actually own. It's not everything free, either, it's everything that's paid to show up at the top of the list... generally we call those advertisements. I've reshuffled everything, again, but they obviously have no intention of maintaining your preferences on the next update.

It's also pretty ridiculous that they didn't implement CEC and you have to buy this ridiculous looking sidecar remote (or juggle multiple remotes) to change volume. Given a choice between mediocre voice search and volume control on the one remote you use, which would you prefer? This is a question Amazon never bothered asking.

Harik fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 19, 2016

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Since the update, Kodi no longer seems to show up anywhere. Is there some workaround I have to do again to get it back wherever recent apps show?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

bull3964 posted:

FireTV can't do HDR at all which is a pretty glaring oversight at this point. If they can't upgrade the current devices to output HDR via an update, they really need to get new devices out there. Most of Amazon's shows have HDR now and to not be able to display them on their own streaming device is silly.

Whoa what, is this true?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hadlock posted:

Whoa what, is this true?

Yes, it's absolutely true. There is no FireTV device that does HDR. The 2nd gen FireTV only does 4k.

The only way to get Amazon in 4k HDR is through TV apps or the new Rokus.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Since the update, Kodi no longer seems to show up anywhere. Is there some workaround I have to do again to get it back wherever recent apps show?

It might disappear from recent apps (didn't on any of my devices) but you should be able to go to Apps and open it from your installed apps list.. or go to settings, manage installed apps and launch it to bring it back. They didn't block it with the update or anything.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

thebushcommander posted:

It might disappear from recent apps (didn't on any of my devices) but you should be able to go to Apps and open it from your installed apps list.. or go to settings, manage installed apps and launch it to bring it back. They didn't block it with the update or anything.

I've launched it a couple times through Manage Installed Apps but it's not showing up anywhere :shrug:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

You're straight up mistaken about a number of things but, if you really hate it that much, why don't you just sell it? You could get most of your money back if it's a gen 2 and a Mi Box is only $69 (plus it has a volume control on the remote!)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 20, 2016

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Harik posted:

Until the next update, when it buries everything I actually use under another dozen partner offers. That's what I mean about being an ad-platform.

I figured there would be some way to turn that poo poo off but gently caress having to. There's exactly zero people in the world who want to be the target of autoplaying video, but goddamn if marketing doesn't get diamond-hard erections at the thought of being able to force ads on everyone who turns on their TV.

The supposed integration with prime is worthless since there is, again, no way to actually search by prime - you search, it gives you tons of ads for videos to pay for. It's an ad delivery device. And Kodi doesn't even work that well on it.

I don't own Netflix, HBO Now, or the other 25 partner offers that showed up before the apps I do actually own. It's not everything free, either, it's everything that's paid to show up at the top of the list... generally we call those advertisements. I've reshuffled everything, again, but they obviously have no intention of maintaining your preferences on the next update.

It's also pretty ridiculous that they didn't implement CEC and you have to buy this ridiculous looking sidecar remote (or juggle multiple remotes) to change volume. Given a choice between mediocre voice search and volume control on the one remote you use, which would you prefer? This is a question Amazon never bothered asking.

lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
The new update is Fine.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I've launched it a couple times through Manage Installed Apps but it's not showing up anywhere :shrug:
My Kodi app wasn't showing up in the Recent section when I launched it through Manage Installed Apps, but once I dug through Your Apps & Games, found it, and launched it through that it showed in Recent for me.

Also while it hasn't killed my family and destroyed everything that I love, I do think that the new UI is pretty bad and unintuitive.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PuTTY riot posted:

The new update is Fine.

Agreed. It is Different, but neither Better nor Worse.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
What are the pros and cons of the Fire TV stick vs the Roku stick? Googling around it looks like the main advantage with the Fire is better voice search and fewer clicks to start playing, main advantage to Roku is being a bit faster overall and more platform-agnostic searching?

edit: oh looks like you can't put Kodi onto a Roku stick. I think that makes my decision easier.

edit2: yeah fire TV stick it is

Cicero fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 22, 2016

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I guess if you have a lot of 'ultraviolet digital copy' movies there's not an app for the fire stick that'll play them.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Cicero posted:

What are the pros and cons of the Fire TV stick vs the Roku stick? Googling around it looks like the main advantage with the Fire is better voice search and fewer clicks to start playing, main advantage to Roku is being a bit faster overall and more platform-agnostic searching?

edit: oh looks like you can't put Kodi onto a Roku stick. I think that makes my decision easier.

edit2: yeah fire TV stick it is

Fire TV Stick

Pros: Amazon services outside of Movies/Music, the ability to sideload Kodi, microphone on remote, actual game support, actual Twitch app with the ability to read chat/spam smilieys, Alexa
Cons: 1 GB of RAM, can be buggy, may require use of included adapter for hdmi port because its so fat, no uv services

Roku Stick

Pros: Fast as hell, no real bugs, service agnostic, Vudu/Google Movies & Music support, more niche apps, easier platform-agnostic search (amazon caught up to roku in the number of platforms included in the universal search but it isn't as user friendly as roku's simple list with prices), a freebie in alot of promotions if you're willing to prepay for services (last I can remember, Sling and Hulu both have a deal where you get a free roku stick if you prepay for x amount of months)
Cons: Custom OS with an ugly UI, Amazon Music app hasn't been updated in forever, no Kodi, no real games, number of private channels is extremely small

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 22, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Apparently, Microsoft doubled the price of Minecraft and launched a new version called the Fire TV Edition. People who previously owned the Pocket Edition are suppose to get the Fire TV Edition for free but it doesn't seem to be working yet. And people that were able to upgrade to the Fire TV Edition report that it doesn't carry over any of your DLC. So it's a giant shitshow just in time for Christmas :laugh:

http://www.aftvnews.com/minecraft-pocket-edition-drops-fire-tv-support-in-favor-of-new-more-expensive-minecraft-fire-tv-edition/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I bought a Fire TV and the remote stops working as soon as you get to the home screen. Animations continue. Anyone else had this issue?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BlackMK4 posted:

I bought a Fire TV and the remote stops working as soon as you get to the home screen. Animations continue. Anyone else had this issue?

Normally it tries to update the remote firmware after you get to the main menu for the first time but it should pop up a notification informing you it's doing it. If you have an iOS/Android phone/tablet, try getting the remote app and go Settings -> Controllers & Bluetooth Devices -> Amazon Fire TV Remotes -> and you can see if the remote is offline or if it needs an update.

You shouldn't need line of sight so the only other thing I can think of, besides a defective unit, is weak batteries. Try a fresh pair and see if that helps any.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Is there any workaround for the Fire not playing movies purchased via Google through the YouTube app? I did the Google Play $.99 rental promotion last week and received an error message stating that the YouTube app will not play any of the movies I've purchased/rented. I had to fire up the old 360 in order to watch the movie, and I was getting terrible throughput and a sub-par picture.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I have a first-gen Fire TV Stick and recently got a Fire HD 8 for my wife for Christmas. Is there any particular synergy between these devices via Alexa beyond what the Amazon Fire TV Remote App delivers?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

delfin posted:

I have a first-gen Fire TV Stick and recently got a Fire HD 8 for my wife for Christmas. Is there any particular synergy between these devices via Alexa beyond what the Amazon Fire TV Remote App delivers?

Not yet.

If you have an Echo/Dot/Tap, you can set up Voicecast which will pop up fire tv style info cards on the tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDjwrUvXnM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201601900

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Neat, but since the tablet itself has Alexa on it, is the only difference with the Echo/Dot/Tap that she doesn't have to push the button on the tablet? i.e. "Alexa, wikipedia Julia Roberts" instead of *hold Home button* "Alexa, wikipedia Julia Roberts" or am I missing something?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

delfin posted:

Neat, but since the tablet itself has Alexa on it, is the only difference with the Echo/Dot/Tap that she doesn't have to push the button on the tablet? i.e. "Alexa, wikipedia Julia Roberts" instead of *hold Home button* "Alexa, wikipedia Julia Roberts" or am I missing something?

Pretty much. Voicecast was released before the tablets got Alexa so it's purpose was to add a visual element to the Echo/Dot/Tap more than anything else. It's also kinda cool how it's able to wake up the tablet to display stuff.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Two new apps worth mentioning.

Soma.FM finally released their own app. It's significantly better than trying to browse their selection through TuneIn Radio.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6KAT5Y

And a fan released a Giant Bomb app that works perfectly. It also remembers video progress.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7ZMLQ5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
If you thought ever thought 'oh boy, i'd like one of these fire tv things but i really wish it was built into some garbage tv' Amazon has you covered.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-300384492.html

On a serious note, the fact that they actually integrated OTA support into the OS gives me hope for the Fire TV boxes. And lets hope the 3rd generation of Fire TV gets the same 3 GB of RAM plus 16 GB internal storage.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 4, 2017