Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For WWE or just other indies?
I imagine he gets a NJPW deal like Elgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

You said 'mass exodus'. I'd take that to mean at least three top talents.

Corino, Nigel, Kyle and in April Cole.

Fish is most likely staying. War Machine, Rush, Dijak etc are still question marks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Corino, Nigel, Kyle and in April Cole.

Fish is most likely staying. War Machine, Rush, Dijak etc are still question marks.

WWE or NJPW for Kyle and Cole?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and when did Cole start presenting femme?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cole and Kyle dont count as a mass OR a max exodus.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Why would they put the title on Kyle RIGHT before he leaves? Not saying he's not gonna leave, he probably is and that makes me really sad.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

NienNunb posted:

Why would they put the title on Kyle RIGHT before he leaves? Not saying he's not gonna leave, he probably is and that makes me really sad.

WCW put the title on Benoit right before he jumped.

I'm sorry, friend :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Common tactic to get people to stay. At best it's a play at showing they really do care about keeping you, at worst it's easily used to lambast you to your audience ("look at this ungrateful guy, we gave him the belt and he still walked")

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
At most Kyle will go full time with New Japan, which means he would still show up in ROH. So this is not a big deal at all. This is the same thing Elgin has been doing before he had another one of his fights with ROH. Kyle is too much of a wrestling purest to choose WWE over New Japan.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Chris James 2 posted:

Common tactic to get people to stay. At best it's a play at showing they really do care about keeping you, at worst it's easily used to lambast you to your audience ("look at this ungrateful guy, we gave him the belt and he still walked")

Yeah, TNA did that with AJ as well didn't they? TNA also put the title on Jeff Hardy whenever it came time for contract renewals.

Preying on dudes being marks for themselves is fundamental to the wrestling business.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, TNA did that with AJ as well didn't they? TNA also put the title on Jeff Hardy whenever it came time for contract renewals.

Preying on dudes being marks for themselves is fundamental to the wrestling business.

Yes. They did it with AJ (it actually had been the plan anyway though, unlike Hardy) and AJ wanted to stay but Dixie low balled him IIRC.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Roque11 posted:

too much of a wrestling purest to choose WWE over New Japan.

Hipster Kyle.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Roque11 posted:

Kyle is too much of a wrestling purest to choose WWE over New Japan.

lol. ENTER THE LUCHA DE APUESTA GUYS

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Recent WWN seminar attendee Lio Rush is saying he'll be at the ROH PPV in March. https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/810929477777850369

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone going to the hammerstein ppv in march? i didn't know it was even a thing until today, and i thought a bit about getting one of the remaining floor seats, but the ROH roster kinda does nothing for me so i'm not sure it'll be worth it :\

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/811285490678829056/video/1

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Okay:

1) what is a WWN seminar and

2) did anyone leak the powerpoint

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Okay:

1) what is a WWN seminar and

2) did anyone leak the powerpoint

Seminars for indies are usually in-ring, so unless somebody flies in Super Sasadango Machine, I don't think that will be part of it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

just to throw some fuel on this fire Kyle O'Reilly isn't currently advertised for either of ROH's shows in Texas

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't follow ROH too closely but why would they put the belt on Kyle if he's on the way out :confused:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Benne posted:

I don't follow ROH too closely but why would they put the belt on Kyle if he's on the way out :confused:

Because honestly it was the right move to do, he had to win the title at some point off Cole, so I don't blame ROH in the slightest.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I kinda think that if TNA put their title on someone who wasn't signed (as they have on multiple occasions) we'd be laughing them out of the room.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

just to throw some fuel on this fire Kyle O'Reilly isn't currently advertised for either of ROH's shows in Texas

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/812137983264571392 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/812138493434597376 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/812141694883860480

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Benne posted:

A desperate attempt to keep him, plus an excuse to do one more Cole/O'Reilly rematch @ the Jan 4 NJPW show where Cole probably goes over via BC shenanigans if Kyle hasn't agreed to re-sign.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

the reason they do this if he hasn't signed is so they can try and convince him to stay with a title run and if he leaves they get to do a title change at the tokyo dome

As rovert has pointed out a few posts up you can't be playing a long game with the whole landscape exploding right now. He's gonna get paid one way or another.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 23, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

kyle can go gently caress off as long as that means dalton castle wins the title :woof:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please don't go to WWE, Kyle. They're bad and you'll be wasted.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Kyle O'Reilly is wasted any time he's not wearing a traditional gi while locked in the Accolade and openly weeping.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

This doesn't even make any sense. Earlier this month Meltzer was reporting that ROH was getting aggressive in attempting to renew these contracts, now he's claiming they've been slow to offer new deals. Has anyone told the Bucks and Silas Young that ROH is moving get slow on This? I think Meltzer has been losing it for awhile now. It really shows after he jumped the gun on Hero and Mickie James.

This thing about O'Reilly and these Texas shows is also comical given the fact that New Japan has a tour during these dates. Again Kyle will do the New Japan and ROH combo. He and Davey Richards came up together to be real wresteers, not sports entertainers. He's a real fighter who would never subject himself to the WWE cartoon world.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Roque11 posted:

He and Davey Richards came up together to be real wresteers, not sports entertainers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhlVSPiMn8

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Kyle tried to pretend he didn't remember his ambitious roots on WOL. He's a real mother fucker !!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thank you I was looking for this video earlier today

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Roque11 posted:

This doesn't even make any sense. Earlier this month Meltzer was reporting that ROH was getting aggressive in attempting to renew these contracts, now he's claiming they've been slow to offer new deals. Has anyone told the Bucks and Silas Young that ROH is moving get slow on This? I think Meltzer has been losing it for awhile now. It really shows after he jumped the gun on Hero and Mickie James.

This thing about O'Reilly and these Texas shows is also comical given the fact that New Japan has a tour during these dates. Again Kyle will do the New Japan and ROH combo. He and Davey Richards came up together to be real wresteers, not sports entertainers. He's a real fighter who would never subject himself to the WWE cartoon world.

I agree that Kyle will commit seppuku in the center of the ring after the great dishonor of losing to Titus O'Neill.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Davey tried out for WWE repeatedly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wresteers

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/812343618962935808

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/812343839704961025

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
VOD is cheaper so this is a good thing. Also I should buy tickets to this show.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

If Fray is anti-something that means it's actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MagicCube posted:

If Fray is anti-something that means it's actually good.

Yeah I tend to agree.

• Locked thread