Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Waldgefluster my man

gesundheit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm enjoying the latest (2015) Macabre Omen record. Pretty straightforward stuff.

What are you guys listening to?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'm enjoying the latest (2015) Macabre Omen record. Pretty straightforward stuff.

What are you guys listening to?

Pretty much the new Cultes des Ghoules and new Panphage over and over with some Summoning thrown in since I got the LP reissues.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Vemod is really good!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Urzeit's debut LP is really good.
https://urzeit.bandcamp.com/track/anmoksha

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
just discovered necropole, this is extremely good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iILrqqKD8

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Dodecahedron has finally put out some new music and I am real excited for the album.

http://www.ddchdrn.com/

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Detective Thompson posted:

Dodecahedron has finally put out some new music and I am real excited for the album.

http://www.ddchdrn.com/
I dig it. That resonant low-end tone that characterizes a lot of their sound always tickles me pink.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I don't know who mentioned Midnight Odyssey but thank you they absolutely own bones

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How are Mayhem live these days? I've had my eye on the upcoming DMDS tour with Inquisition and I just scored two free tickets!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Henchman of Santa posted:

How are Mayhem live these days? I've had my eye on the upcoming DMDS tour with Inquisition and I just scored two free tickets!

I saw them with Watain and Revenge last year. They were better than Revenge but not as good as Watain. Attila is fun to watch though, definitely wouldn't turn down the chance to see them again for free!

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I saw them a few years ago in Chicago and thought they were great. Necrobutcher still kinda blows but it didn't impact the show. Everything sounded great, Hellhammer and Attila rip live.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Looks like another bigger release in 2016 has been announced

tRoB has a new EP "Takitum Tootem" out tomorrow

http://www.van-records.de/product_info.php?products_id=3048&MODsid=c7bf6846cd57130dc25ece7518455c8e

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

http://www.van-records.de/product_info.php?products_id=3048&MODsid=c7bf6846cd57130dc25ece7518455c8e

Ho poo poo, wanna hear that Pink Floyd cover

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

They're a good band but I'm not sure if i want to hear their take on pink floyd.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

A human heart posted:

They're a good band but I'm not sure if i want to hear their take on pink floyd.

I'm stoked for it. As far as I'm concerned, he can do no wrong. TRoB's easily one of the best one-man bands around.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

He's good but pink floyd really sucks so i have mixed feelings

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A human heart posted:

I agree with you but what if he makes them... Good?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

:wtc:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

A human heart posted:

have you actually heard the good stuff? like, live at pompeii for example.

o wait this is the black metal thread, nvm

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 19, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

have you actually heard the good stuff? like, live at pompeii for example.

o wait this is the black metal thread, nvm

I'm not going to listen to those dads warble about how being rich is so difficult

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

I agree with you but what if he makes them... Good?

I did like the pink floydy parts on the last Nokturnal Mortum record, but that band has always had a talent for making very stupid musical ideas sound good.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

A human heart posted:

I'm not going to listen to those dads warble about how being rich is so difficult

they made all their best stuff before getting filthy rich, live at pompeii which is from 1972 for example. but hey, you seem to have made up your mind so i won't go off topik for longer.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

So listen to things that aren't The Wall.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Pink Floyd owns

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski

Kvlt! posted:

Can anyone reccomend some black metal thats about history and/or spirituality (that's NOT Satanic/Blasphemous/Nordic)? Stuff like Obsequiae and Batushka

I've probably brought up Downfall of Nur before, but it fits.

ETA: check out bands from the Black Twilight Circle.

in other news, i recently discovered Tardigrada, which is pretty drat good spacey black metal (though at a higher tempo than Midnight Odyssey)

Then again, I managed to not find the new Oranssi Pazuzu until last week, so saying 'recently discovered' might not say much.

Also, Pink Floyd are pretty good, especially before The Wall. listen to stuff not on radio.

edit again: new Ash Borer is here, and new Krallice in a couple days, if you're into that. (gonna listen to ash borer tomorrow morning)

Blue Wher fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 20, 2016

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Blue Wher posted:

edit again: new Ash Borer is here, and new Krallice in a couple days, if you're into that. (gonna listen to ash borer tomorrow morning)

hell yea i'm always down for more Krallice material

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

New Ash Borer has kind of weird production. Only listened once so far but it didn't grab me.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The new Krallice sounds like they're continuing the sound/themes from Ygg Hurr which is fun in a chaotic way.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New Krallice owns

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Hot Diggity! posted:

New Krallice owns

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

If anyone happens to be in Scandinavia by the end of April, there's a new one day-festival called Stockholm Slaughter. Watain will be playing Casus Luciferi. Shining, Primordial and Solstafir will also be performing. Not too hot on those (tbh, I'm not sure I've ever heard Primordial) but Urfaust will be there!

Also Månegarm, who I thought were very cool when I was younger, so that'll be interesting.

Edit: forgot the link https://www.facebook.com/events/1602153970088527/?ti=as

Captain Scandinaiva fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 25, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

If anyone happens to be in Scandinavia by the end of April, there's a new one day-festival called Stockholm Slaughter. Watain will be playing Casus Luciferi. Shining, Primordial and Solstafir will also be performing. Not too hot on those (tbh, I'm not sure I've ever heard Primordial) but Urfaust will be there!

Also Månegarm, who I thought were very cool when I was younger, so that'll be interesting.

Archgoat and Necrophobic are cool

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Primordial is pretty good, they've got this Bathory thing going on except being from ireland with a celtic theme.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, a lot of them sound familiar but I don't think I've heard them. I need to listen up on Primordial and Archgoat, then, because I'm going.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Primordial have one pretty good song that they've done over and over again for like 8 albums. They seem really fun live though.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Cultes Des Ghoules is unreal. 100 minute "black metal play" should be a loving mess but it's stunning. I love it when bands try something ambitious and it's even better when they pull it off. Very interested to see how the 3LP is presented.

Death Worship is finally out: https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/extermination-mass

Panphage is a band I really want to like, but the production is just... bad. Not even bad in an acceptably black metal way. It's just bad. I don't get it. (On the new album anyway, the demo compilation actually annoyed me less).

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

nomapple posted:

Panphage is a band I really want to like, but the production is just... bad. Not even bad in an acceptably black metal way. It's just bad. I don't get it. (On the new album anyway, the demo compilation actually annoyed me less).

This is a bad and wrong opinion.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Where are people listening to the new Cultes Des Ghoules? I have it pre-ordered but am only able to download the prologue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Happy Hedonist posted:

Where are people listening to the new Cultes Des Ghoules? I have it pre-ordered but am only able to download the prologue.

If you pre-ordered it, you should already have it in hand. But since you don't, go to the bandcamp page and download the whole album.