Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I wonder if the crobbler saw Rogue One. I ask because the facial animation tech in that was so loving good that I think it was actually starting to claw its way up out of the uncanny valley. No way it can be done in real time on a home computer anytime soon, but holy poo poo it puts good old Parping Gary Oldman straight in the ground. I can't wait to learn how they did it in the movie because I sat there in the theater with my mouth wide open in awe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
i cant believe you guys let this slide by:

New thread title please ^^^^

:discourse:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017

While SQ42 nonsense will serve as a brief distraction, if 3.0 doesn't come out next year that will surely break even the most die hard Citizens.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Grey whales migrate in spring.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I just heard I could talk about clownpiece in here

Not sure I'm doing it right :shrug:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I won't google it because it's bound to be some anime crap and life's too short

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

Wouldn't that be, especially if there are multiple decks, the biggest world outside of maybe wow ever in a game?

Probably nowhere near it, really

http://www.hexapolis.com/2014/11/05/10-biggest-open-world-video-games-terms-map-size/

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

hello, some of this is prob rehashed

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only

Fascinating.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
How could we possibly have seen that Chris Roberts was worried about making a Wing Commander: The Movie sequel that nobody asked for and nothing else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

It came out of nowhere when the company went bankrupt. No indications at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Years. Years and nobody suspected. Complete surprise.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Hey mod bro could you do something about the antisemitic imagery on this page, the posters that did it, and maybe something about the doxxing while youre at it? Thanks lots dude, keep up the good fight.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/theastropub/v/108657053?t=340m24s

This is all there is.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

At this point this debacle is a freight train headed to hell hauling dumpsters of trash and they are all on fire.

TheAgent posted:

hello, some of this is prob rehashed

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only

:jackbud:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

his nibs posted:

While SQ42 nonsense will serve as a brief distraction, if 3.0 doesn't come out next year that will surely break even the most die hard Citizens.

They'll just do the usual and dribble out something they call 3.0, but with all the features it was supposed to have pushed to a future patch that will never arrive.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

:laffo: is this dude streaming himself playing the lovely SC PvP while wearing a preschooler's spaceman Halloween costume?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Got a sore throat but I still burst out laughing at this.

Where's that Hindenburg jpeg?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

skaboomizzy posted:

:laffo: is this dude streaming himself playing the lovely SC PvP while wearing a preschooler's spaceman Halloween costume?

Why do they all look like the bad kind of nerds?
I don't always say basement dwellers... but gently caress me.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
I come to SA for my SC news now

how hosed up is that

hey guys

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

hello, did you like the holiday livestream? bought any new ships? got a refund?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

long time no see

welcome to the good side

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

It is a little. So are you in the angry about the xmas livestream "my wallet is closed" camp, or the "all is perpetually forgiven no matter what" camp these days?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Not sure I'm doing it right :shrug:

loving game development, how does it work???

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Chalks posted:

It is a little. So are you in the angry about the xmas livestream "my wallet is closed" camp, or the "all is perpetually forgiven no matter what" camp these days?

The "my wallet is closed" camp got moved to concern.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Got a sore throat but I still burst out laughing at this.

Where's that Hindenburg jpeg?

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
I'm neither, tbh

Haven't been keeping up with SC for a while

Just like you guys more

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

Glad you're safe we were worried about you after the December live stream.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

Hey what's up

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

hello, did you like the holiday livestream? bought any new ships? got a refund?

I think I asked him before and he sold ships till he was in profit, so he doesn't need a refund.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

janssendalt posted:

how hosed up is that

hey guys

How are you liking Star Marine?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Nice pings there m8

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Janssendalt if you're finally come to your senses feel free to just relax and enjoy the end times. People are going to tease you a little but at least you got out in time unlike moma.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AP posted:

Janssendalt if you're finally come to your senses feel free to just relax and enjoy the end times. People are going to tease you a little but at least you got out in time unlike moma.

MoMA has a fool proof escape plan if things start to go sour.

Just offload $8,000 of spaceship jpegs on the grey market in the next 6-7 months.

Because the first thing people will do when there are signs of trouble is pay $8,000 for more spaceship jpegs.

Luckily there aren't tens of thousands of people with hundreds of thousands of ships that would be immediately worthless five seconds after a downsizing / studio closure or something.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 20, 2016

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Clown Stimperium "Games" presents a Crobblers Space Toilet Stimdustries joint: Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrpppppppp

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MOMA trusts his insiders to warn him about an immediate collapse of CIG so he can offload his stock before its too late.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Why offload it? If CIG collapses, the .jpgs will be priceless collectors items.

The value will go up uP UP

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Slow_Moe posted:

Why offload it? If CIG collapses, the .jpgs will be priceless collectors items.

The value will go up uP UP

In two years, I'll be here posting screenshots of Citizens' stories of how they're the "proud owner of a non-refunded $20k account" and how they wouldn't have it any other way :allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

In two years, I'll be here posting screenshots of Citizens' stories of how they're the "proud owner of a non-refunded $20k account" and how they wouldn't have it any other way :allears:

Random citizen, January 2020 posted:

So yes, it didn't turn out the way I would have wanted it to - but the implications of Star Citizen's ceased development are much less important than the fact that it was attempted in the first place. With hindsight, it might be easy to proclaim its goals to be impossible, but the fact that the destination wasn't reached does not imply the journey was in vain. I'm proud to have been a (small but loyal and sincere) part of Star Citizen's history, and I wouldn't trade my part of it for any amount of money - the dollars I can (very easily) replenish, the experience is unique.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Random citizen, January 2020 posted:

So yes, it didn't turn out the way I would have wanted it to - but the implications of Star Citizen's ceased development are much less important than the fact that it was attempted in the first place. With hindsight, it might be easy to proclaim its goals to be impossible, but the fact that the destination wasn't reached does not imply the journey was in vain. I'm proud to have been a (small but loyal and sincere) part of Star Citizen's history, and I wouldn't trade my part of it for any amount of money - the dollars I can (very easily) replenish, the experience is unique.

This is a real quote from a real citizen, right?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Slow_Moe posted:

This is a real quote from a real citizen, right?

No, it isn't

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Welp, I guess I was fooled.

Sad trombone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I, too, liked my experience of being scammed on kickstarter. Luckily I got a refund.

e: poo poo, dogge tax