Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Kesper North posted:

"Are you still crying about Padamame or Panda Bear or whatever her name was?" I love Robot Chicken Star Wars.

One of the the best renditions of Palpatine,besides the Mike Stoklasa (Redlettermedia) one. "Would this face lie to you?" "STOP ASKING PERFECTLY LOGICAL QUESTIONS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TheBigBad posted:

Yeah, Ahsoka v Vader was and is dumb, real dumb.

Why? Putting aside that Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi and wasn't targeted by Order 66 because she had already left and was nowhere near a clone more than likely, she was a loose end when Rebels started but was a connection between Vader and his past, so for the sake of narrative she has to be dealt with. Because you can't just leave a strand like the one emotional tie Vader has left hanging. And if you're going to deal with her a confrontation is basically inevitable, and it has to have some tension because otherwise it's just an anti-climax and narratively unsatisfying.

I think it'd have been dumber to not do Ahsoka v Vader frankly.

I've seen people say she shouldn't be nearly good enough to take him on as well, and that makes just as little sense to me given that she was one of the most active Jedi of any level during the Clone Wars and saw a lot of service and that she was a fairly accomplished lightsaber duelist even as a teen, taking on full blown Jedi, Grevious and Sith during the show if I recall. She was always on the backfoot during those fights, but always held her own long enough to escape or for help to arrive and certainly got better throughout the show.

Put that with 15 years solo while helming a rebellion for at least part of it along with training extensively with and under the guy she's fighting and both of them being somewhat emotionally torn by the fight and it makes sense to be a fairly even fight to me.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Yoda blends in with Dagobah's environment.

Is that not the explanation in the movie? I thought it was, but maybe it was somewhere else. Dagobah is so dense with life of all kinds that it makes it easy for Yoda to hide himself there from the explanation I recall, because anyone checking there wouldn't be able to pick him out from all the rest.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

Why? Putting aside that Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi and wasn't targeted by Order 66 because she had already left and was nowhere near a clone more than likely, she was a loose end when Rebels started but was a connection between Vader and his past, so for the sake of narrative she has to be dealt with. Because you can't just leave a strand like the one emotional tie Vader has left hanging. And if you're going to deal with her a confrontation is basically inevitable, and it has to have some tension because otherwise it's just an anti-climax and narratively unsatisfying.

I've seen people say she shouldn't be nearly good enough to take him on as well, and that makes just as little sense to me given that she was one of the most active Jedi of any level during the Clone Wars and saw a lot of service and that she was a fairly accomplished lightsaber duelist even as a teen, taking on full blown Jedi, Grevious and Sith during the show if I recall. She was always on the backfoot during those fights, but always held her own long enough to escape or for help to arrive and certainly got better throughout the show.

Put that with 15 years solo while helming a rebellion for at least part of it along with training extensively with and under the guy she's fighting and both of them being somewhat emotionally torn by the fight and it makes sense to be a fairly even fight to me.

Is that not the explanation in the movie? I thought it was, but maybe it was somewhere else. Dagobah is so dense with life of all kinds that it makes it easy for Yoda to hide himself there from the explanation I recall, because anyone checking there wouldn't be able to pick him out from all the rest.

Also something about the power of the spooky cave helps mask him.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

tsob posted:

We actually got some of her story in the Ahsoka novel. She was on Mandalore with a detachment of clone troopers Anakin had given her right before the battle of Coruscant. Somehow Rex had beaten his chip, and they'd faked both their deaths, buried her lightsabers as a trophy with another clone under his number. She spends a year in deep depression, not even touching the force, and the second she pokes her head up an inquisitor comes sniffing.

tsob posted:

Also, he trained her, and as strong as Vader is, he's severely diminished from Anakin (or the brief pre-cyborg Vader). It would make perfect sense that she can go toe-to-toe with her master when he's handicapped like that and she's now full-grown.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Vader is a self loathing prick. Of course he spends his downtime on Mustafar.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"My Master, why must I live on the planet where Anakin Skywalker died?"

"The alternatives are as follows, my apprentice: Naboo, that spot on Coruscant where Ahsoka left the order, Mortis, and Tatooine."

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

tsob posted:

Yes, I'm arguing that there are plenty of Jedi that survived the Purge well into the Original Trilogy Era because our unreliable narrators are unreliable.

Ahsoka lives.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New featurette and article about Saw Gerrera in Rebels.

Pretty cool that they were able to get Whitaker to come back and voice him.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Chickenwalker posted:

I also think Bast Castle being on Mustafar is extremely stupid and flies in the face of the existing characterization of Vader. That doesn't invalidate the idea of avoidance due to trauma though.

Which is that? Because if it's not in the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, or any of the books published after the Disney takeover, it doesn't count as far as Lucasfilm is concerned. Nothing I've seen on that front is contradicted by him putting his fortress on Mustafar. (And in fact it looks totally friggin' rad.)

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Cross-Section posted:

New featurette and article about Saw Gerrera in Rebels.

Pretty cool that they were able to get Whitaker to come back and voice him.

If Saw looks like that on Rebels, how much time passes between that episode and the events of Rogue One, where he looks drastically different?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Sith Happens posted:

If Saw looks like that on Rebels, how much time passes between that episode and the events of Rogue One, where he looks drastically different?

2 years I think? Maybe less, not sure how much of a time skip it was between Season 2 and 3. Going by Ezra being 15 and him being born at about the same time as Luke and Leia, and those two are 18 in Ep 4.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Funky Valentine posted:

that spot on Coruscant where Ahsoka left the order"

This one is especially great because it's "a doghouse on the steps of my palace."

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Sith Happens posted:

About two years. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets messed up in this episode.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, the R1 Visual Guide rather explicitly hints at some rough stuff happening to Saw on Geonosis.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TheBigBad posted:

Yes, I'm arguing that there are plenty of Jedi that survived the Purge well into the Original Trilogy Era because our unreliable narrators are unreliable.

Ahsoka lives.

So why do you think the Ahsoka v Vader battle was stupid out of interest?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
EW article on the Rebels references in Rogue One, including a higher quality screenshot of one cameo:

http://ew.com/movies/rogue-one-rebels-references/rogue-one-and-rebels-1/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Would have also been cool to see a vague depiction of the Ghost crew walking about in the background somewhere. More so if it was actually Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan with his mask on (if he's alive at that time :ohdear:).

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought it was pretty cool that Vader lived in Barad-dur

tsob posted:

I don't think it was stupid I personally enjoyed it very much but I do believe that Jedi aside from Kenobi and Yoda surviving the purge has a rapid diminishing return. If Aayla "French Commander Shepherd" Secura dies I don't see why your fav should live either :colbert:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, Barriss is probably alive and kicking around somewhere.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Moon posted:

I thought it was pretty cool that Vader lived in Barad-dur

I don't think it was stupid I personally enjoyed it very much but I do believe that Jedi aside from Kenobi and Yoda surviving the purge has a rapid diminishing return. If Aayla "French Commander Shepherd" Secura dies I don't see why your fav should live either :colbert:
Hey, it's only fair that Bultar Swan gets another chance after getting offed by a teamkilling moron in Purge.

Funky Valentine posted:

You know, Barriss is probably alive and kicking around somewhere.
She'd be great to come back as an Inquisitor (maybe even the first).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yvonmukluk posted:

Vader would have to be completely unaware of who she really is, then, because he'd kill her on sight otherwise.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I think that the show has passed the time period where bringing back Barris or any of the inquisitors would be appropriate. It seems to me that we're getting pretty close to A New Hope and elements remaining from the Clone Wars (Kanan and Ezra, Maul, even Rex) should remain unique.

That being said, the period between episode three and this show could be fertile ground for a story involving them, Vader, and the last Jedi.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A monster of the week show where a steady cast of Inquisitors (with the occasional Vader cameo if the monster is too strong/narrative episode) hunt down Jedi would be amazing but unless we go full Trumpenstaffel there is no way it is going to happen in our universe.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rogue One spoiler (I guess) that has been talked about in this thread already.

(left of screen)

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

tsob posted:

I don't. It was sarcasm. Someone said that any jedi besides Yoda and Kenobi after the purge was stupid.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Yvonmukluk posted:

I just want confirmation on whether Sheev pulled the strings behind her actions during Clone Wars. It seems extremely likely but it was never addressed

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Nina posted:

I just want confirmation on whether Sheev pulled the strings behind her actions during Clone Wars. It seems extremely likely but it was never addressed

Star Wars Bad Thing Flow Chart:

Did a bad thing happen between 45 BBY and ~6ABY? --Yes--> It's Sheev's Fault.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Star Wars Bad Thing Flow Chart:

Did a bad thing happen between 45 BBY and ~6ABY? --Yes--> It's Sheev's Fault.

Curse you Sheev for the normalisation of relations between the Naboo and Gungans! :argh:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Curse you Sheev for the normalisation of relations between the Naboo and Gungans! :argh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drunkill posted:

Rogue One spoiler (I guess) that has been talked about in this thread already.

(left of screen)

Here's our special friend.... :D

And it WAS Hera and not her father over the speakers. :swoon:

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-rebels-rogue-one-easter-eggs-chopper-hera/#photogallery-1=16

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 21, 2016

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

teagone posted:

Would have also been cool to see a vague depiction of the Ghost crew walking about in the background somewhere. More so if it was actually Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan with his mask on (if he's alive at that time :ohdear:).

If Kanan and Ezra don't die at the end of Rebels it basically makes the importance of Luke less critical. I hope Disney has the balls to do that even though it's a kid's show.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

If Kanan and Ezra don't die at the end of Rebels it basically makes the importance of Luke less critical. I hope Disney has the balls to do that even though it's a kid's show.

Agreed, completely. I already don't like that Kanan and Ezra are so flashy about being Jedi. How many Imperials, bounty hunters, smugglers, Rebels, etc. have heard of these guys now or seen them in action? The possibility of having Jedi around again should be a much bigger deal when Luke enters the scene.

In my head, Kanan and Ezra will go out in a blaze of glory as a huge self-sacrifice for the greater good. Hera and others from the Ghost will survive, and whatever mission that Kanan and Ezra died for is a big enough deal to the Rebellion that Hera is promoted to General for it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I want Maul and Ezra to run into Kenobi on Tatooine. Maul claims that Ezra is his apprentice, Kenobi ends both of them, as he Can't Have Sith Problems on Tatooine.

Kanaan finds out later, fucks of forever.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kenobi's back yard is just a pit of mummified corpses of Jedi and Sith who wander onto his sand lawn

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 21, 2016

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

Kenobi's back yard is just a pit of muffified corpses of Jedi and Sith who wander onto his sand lawn

Kenobi vs Maul, round 2: crazy space-grandpa vs angry Rasputin.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is Snoke still Ezra at this point or what?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's a shame his little arms aren't deployed

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auspu9FfOUg

:magical:

I.. I never knew I needed this until this very moment.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, it's only fair that Bultar Swan gets another chance after getting offed by a teamkilling moron in Purge.

I thought part of Barris' deal which freaked everyone out is that she did what she did without going to the "dark side" and in the name of galactic peace and "saving" the jedi order from manipulation and corruption. Just as a ptsd kid she figured bombing the council was the way back to the light. She sounds more like rebellion materiel cackling "See! See! I told you all" to herself in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Cross-Section posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auspu9FfOUg

:magical:

I.. I never knew I needed this until this very moment.

This has some wonderfully obscure stuff - they even included the red snuggies! Bonus points for listeners of Rebel Force Radio, where "Where's Kitster?" has been a running joke for like a decade.

• Locked thread