Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone know why Mordred is higher than Arturia in that one tier list? It seems like the only difference is Mordred has a 1-turn defense buff + NP gain in place of Arturia's Charisma, which doesn't seem like a very good trade-off in most cases (though it's probably better for grinding).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Charisma is a crappy buff skill.

Np gain skills are awesome.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got both Herakles and Nursery Rhyme at NP2 before getting a single 5-Star servant. I have the weirdest luck.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got both Herakles and Nursery Rhyme at NP2 before getting a single 5-Star servant. I have the weirdest luck.

I think that's actually pretty normal luck, given how incredibly rare 5-star servants are. It's especially possible if the 4-star in question has a rate boost from that gacha.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Speaking of wierd luck my 5 star luck so far was Altera, another Altera, ANOTHER Altera...

then Da Vinci and Cu-Alter

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Can't breathe.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know why Mordred is higher than Arturia in that one tier list?

She does extra damage against Saberfaces and is more useful when clearing hands.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Also, while he has an AoE NP, it a) has a chance of instant death and b) is def down.

Emphasis on chance here because I have literally never, ever seen it happen. :v:

Arjuna got super power crept. Such is the fate of all Servants released prior to... I want to say America.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Power creep feels like such a relative term for this game for me though, we don't have PvP so it isn't likely to ever see anyone show off outside of using their support or peoples humble brag screenshots and pretty much any 5* with an AoE is still find for grinding.

I mostly want certain Servants for the Art/Waifu reasons being good is kinda secondary.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Arjuna got super power crept. Such is the fate of all Servants released prior to... I want to say America.

Its not that bad, isn't it? Tamamo and Waver are still the best caster, Jack is still king of stars, Gil and Orion got released before Arjuna and are both better, Scathach is the best Lancer.
Arjunas problem is that his toolset is very much NP focussed with Mana Burst and a flat 25 NP charge and his BAAAQ setup wants him to get his NP charged up very quickly, but his NP is Buster, so he can't properly chain with it and AoE, so it just does half the damage of anyone elses NP. Compared to Orion, who just does a billion damage in a single turn, gets easier brave art chains and tanks more damage or Gil who has the perfect BBQQA setup for getting and spending stars (especially with his buster NP for those sweet buster brave chains) and does great damage just through basic attacks he's just not very good. Sure he can easily oneshot a trash wave, but so can 312919 other servants.
Arthuria Archer on the other hand sure is some power creep, its going to be glorious when she gets her NP interlude (she's already sooo broken)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Its not that bad, isn't it? Tamamo and Waver are still the best caster, Jack is still king of stars, Gil and Orion got released before Arjuna and are both better, Scathach is the best Lancer.
Arjunas problem is that his toolset is very much NP focussed with Mana Burst and a flat 25 NP charge and his BAAAQ setup wants him to get his NP charged up very quickly, but his NP is Buster, so he can't properly chain with it and AoE, so it just does half the damage of anyone elses NP. Compared to Orion, who just does a billion damage in a single turn, gets easier brave art chains and tanks more damage or Gil who has the perfect BBQQA setup for getting and spending stars (especially with his buster NP for those sweet buster brave chains) and does great damage just through basic attacks he's just not very good. Sure he can easily oneshot a trash wave, but so can 312919 other servants.
Arthuria Archer on the other hand sure is some power creep, its going to be glorious when she gets her NP interlude (she's already sooo broken)

Yeah, but Waver was originally super poo poo before his buff. Though Gil is still considered good I think and he was early.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, but Waver was originally super poo poo before his buff. Though Gil is still considered good I think and he was early.

People in this game really don't appreciate party-wide damage buffs. Almost everyone thinks Charisma is a wasted skill slot, look at how far Drake has fallen in popularity... hell, people thought Waver was complete garbage until his double attack buff also gave 10% NP gauge.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Drake is still the undisputed best AoE Rider. It's just that that "best AoE" officially stopped meaning anything when Raikou came out. :v:

Also the issue is that plain old damage really is bad. What you really want is a performance buff, since that directly affects what you care about. You want to make your Busters have higher damage multipliers, your Arts charge up more NP, and your Quicks generate more stars. Buffing damage alone only indirectly affects that, which mathematically isn't as good.

Anyway the final raid should start today. Can't wait for my free 10 roll to net me jack poo poo. :toot:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Still stuck at Septem, I need a new (or old, not too picky) event.

Hopefully with those knight medals, Arthuria Archer needs like 30 of those for the last two ascensions

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh gently caress what, Merlin's pure awesomeness at stalling when paired with Mashu just leaves me speechless.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Anyway the final raid should start today. Can't wait for my free 10 roll to net me jack poo poo. :toot:

:same:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Are we getting another free 30 quartz or something? I've been getting a lot in my gift box so I don't know if I got it or not.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

What is this 10-pull you're talking about, and does it require finishing Babylon? If so I need to haul rear end, because I just started Babylon and am only several stages into it (and I'm assuming it's even longer than Camelot, which was significantly longer itself than the other orders).

On the upside I have enough apples that I effectively have infinite AP.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Ahahaha Round 2 versus Medusa's irate aunt is my above musings Gone Horribly right. It's Merlin, Mashu, and Okita stalling it out for as long as possible spamming their NP's every 2 turns.

e: I don't know whether to be upset or relieved it turned out to be a gimmick fight, I could've feasibly won albeit after 3 hours.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 21, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Here's my Solomon Strike team.

Hercules is Bond lvl 7 and the others are lvl 6.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm still stuck on Camelot. :smith:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well that's cute.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm missing five of those things

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ytlaya posted:

What is this 10-pull you're talking about, and does it require finishing Babylon? If so I need to haul rear end, because I just started Babylon and am only several stages into it (and I'm assuming it's even longer than Camelot, which was significantly longer itself than the other orders).

On the upside I have enough apples that I effectively have infinite AP.

Yes, if you'd completed Babylon before downtime, it was 30 free Quartz. So, rip us, basically.

But yeah, with the additional two apples coming in, I've got about 4700 AP saved up, not counting a few additional levels I can snag. That should be enough to get me to Solomon before the event ends. Just three more parts of Camelot, then on to Babylon.

Argas posted:

I'm still stuck on Camelot. :smith:

Camelot is a massive difficulty spike, and I think you missed both Santa Alter events? Which is a shame, because they're both very good. I'm more or less getting to Solomon by riding in Arturia Santa's sleigh. Being able to drop 200k+ on casters and berserkers in one turn, and "merely" half that on anyone not an Assassin, is handy, as it so happens.

But yeah, without at least a few full-ascension Servants, Camelot is going to be a struggle. Even with a level 80, NP5 Robin Hood and with pulling a Lv100 Chloe off the friend list, Gawain was a goddamn nightmare. The others aren't quite that rough, but hacking through hundreds of thousands of HP every arrow is the order of the day.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 22, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Camelot is the point where the game expects you to actually have a decent team.

Which was fine for all the people who've been playing since launch (or even since London), but it's been well recorded as a huge pain in the rear end to all the people who joined later because they heard all the good press about the game. But all that good press came from Camelot being such a notable step up, so it's a bit of a Catch 22 here.

Babylon is notably easier (barring one particular fight), but it's also soooooo loooooong.

EDIT:

I'm not even surprised.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 22, 2016

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

How do raid events work anyway? I'm guessing the Solomon stuff will stick around after the raid stuff ends, otherwise the plot wouldn't make much sense.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just woke up at 5:30am, downloaded the update, and did a single 10 pull that got me Merlin (plus some 5* CE with Jeanne that I think gives 3 turns of invincibility plus 15% NP gain or something). Feeling pretty satisfied about that, especially since I was expecting doing so to be a mistake (I was going to save my crystals for the New Year's gacha). I already have Waver, so I guess I'm in pretty good shape against Assassins (though it seems Merlin might fit more of a stalling niche).

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, if you'd completed Babylon before downtime, it was 30 free Quartz. So, rip us, basically.

Goddamnit. I could've completed Babylonia *yesterday* if I knew.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Goddamnit. I could've completed Babylonia *yesterday* if I knew.

Same here! Though I feel much better about losing out on the 10-roll due to the luck mentioned in my previous post.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Public service announcement: You can tell what Bond level your Support Servant is by clicking the yellow button at the bottom of the team composition page and checking their bonus.

You can also try ordering the Support Servant page by Event bonus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

My max bond kinoki buster np chain murdered the pillar in one turn with full hp. True bro forever. :black101:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Kintoki is only bond level 8 and he shredded apart a demon pillar with some loving insane buff

This is gonna be a good event

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

My Kiyohime is at Bond 10 and can't do poo poo. :smith:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Haha this is hilariously easy thanks to kinoki, so i will spend some apple to grind this for cash.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got a second Lancelot (Berserker) from my 10 roll, nothing else of interest.

These demon pillars are pretty easy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It sure was nice of Solomon to stuff his pillars full of ascension materials and QP.

I feel so sorry for all the people who come after this and miss out on these giant pinatas

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I guess I'll be finishing up Babylon today and tomorrow I guess.

Hrrrrng. I want Merlin so bad. He works so well with Mashu-Kuro. Arts team for victory! I don't even care if it's all Riders I can slot in Merlin and keep chaining awesome NP's.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got a gold Caster from my 10 roll that was Nitocris

This game doesn't want me to have a single 5* caster

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
As expected, my free 10-roll gave me fuckin' jack poo poo.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
You fuckers are going to kill these pillars before I can get out of Babylon, aren't you

Well, hopefully I can join the party before it ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It'd be nice if newer players weren't excluded. :smith: