Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Rapaport lost fantasy football and Gary has tweeted more since then than he has all year, I swear. He wants Rapaport kicked out because he busts balls too much then does that. I rate his level of hypocrisy a noine out of ten.

Is Gary doing pre-promotion for the next season of fantasy football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is an absolutely vicious video and a great one. You can see how true all of this is and how much Mary took advantage of Gary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9XTDnIUxM

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

That's a great one, but the one I'm thinking of was when Sal (I may be remembering some of this wrong) made a CD of himself singing XMas songs as a gift for people and of course Howard heard about it and made a whole thing about how great it was and he should record it for real and try to be a real singer, etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smeep posted:

That's a great one, but the one I'm thinking of was when Sal (I may be remembering some of this wrong) made a CD of himself singing XMas songs as a gift for people and of course Howard heard about it and made a whole thing about how great it was and he should record it for real and try to be a real singer, etc.

I just heard "Sal singing" and was reminded of how much of an idiot he was, and I wanted to listen to the "free John Gotti" stuff again. :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've heard the Christmas cd thing before but definitely would love to hear it again.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

prefect posted:

I just heard "Sal singing" and was reminded of how much of an idiot he was, and I wanted to listen to the "free John Gotti" stuff again. :)

yeah it's good poo poo. The story of his "record deal" is great, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQuvAdeg9o

edit:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've heard the Christmas cd thing before but definitely would love to hear it again.

I feel like it came up somewhat recently, maybe it was part of a Sal pack?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Smeep posted:

I'm like 99% sure it happened in the past 2 years. God damnit binging Sal clips is by far my favorite. As dumb as he is I genuinely think he's one of the funniest, quickest people on the show.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm like 99% sure it happened in the past 2 years. God damnit binging Sal clips is by far my favorite. As dumb as he is I genuinely think he's one of the funniest, quickest people on the show.

MarksFriggin has it December 16, 2013: http://www.marksfriggin.com/news13/12-16.htm#mon

I've tried searching YouTube high and low for it and no luck.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

By the way I know you guys obsess on the Marci Turk issue and she was mentioned on the show last week. Matt berry said that the show rule was not to mention her and Howard said that was crazy.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

One of my favorite Fred moments was when they were reading her website and he said " Eric, it will never work, one of her biggest turn ons is a walk on the beach".

Kendra is easily worse that Christine. Christine might be terrible money grubber, but it takes two to tango. Sal knows who she is and what she wants. Kendra strung on a disabled dwarf in a wheelchair for publicity. There's no comparison.

Is this really true, though? Maybe my memory is fuzzy but it always struck me that the whole thing was a bit cooked up by Fratto for airtime, and that Kendra was just in on the deal.

Edit: Like "Leesen ya little fucker, what weere gonna do is get this girl, see, and we're gonna say she's yer girlfriend. Hooward will flip, I promise. I founder on the eenternet!"

thumper57 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 21, 2016

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Smeep posted:

It was on Sternthology last week. Classic Sal bit. I love when he takes a shot at Michael Buble for not having his own style then goes back to his horrible, karaoke style crooner songs.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Lifespan posted:

It was on Sternthology last week. Classic Sal bit. I love when he takes a shot at Michael Buble for not having his own style then goes back to his horrible, karaoke style crooner songs.

Oh poo poo thank you! It's still available on the app! If you go to On Demand and scroll down to Sternthology it's there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Listening to the Dollop podcast this morning, and they're talking about the Boston busing riots, so you know what that puts me in the mood for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqMdu2AZZ8

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I have a Sonos Boff system, and I love it. But, there are two short comings:
-no way to book mark your place in multi-hour podcasts
-no way to directly stream YouTube

Both of which directly effect my Stern listening habits.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I have a Sonos Boff system, and I love it. But, there are two short comings:
-no way to book mark your place in multi-hour podcasts
-no way to directly stream YouTube

Both of which directly effect my Stern listening habits.

I read this in that ridiculously inaccurate Gary impression they all do.

Why do they make him sound like that? Sour Shoes gets it bang-on, whereas 'evwy wun es gets it aw wrong, boff.'

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Why do they make him sound like that? Sour Shoes gets it bang-on, whereas 'evwy wun es gets it aw wrong, boff.'

I believe you can do that impression by just holding your bottom lip while you talk.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

I believe you can do that impression by just holding your bottom lip while you talk.

Oh, well... that makes a bit more sense, I suppose.

What's everyone's favourite drop? I think mine would be that weird Elephant Boy laugh. I have no idea how they don't all crack up the moment they hear it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Oh, well... that makes a bit more sense, I suppose.

What's everyone's favourite drop? I think mine would be that weird Elephant Boy laugh. I have no idea how they don't all crack up the moment they hear it.

Not familiar with that one. I'm sure I will recognize it if I hear it.

I have tons of favorite drops. Anything with Richard Simmons ("Sausage"), High Pitch Erik or that drop they always use when they talk about gay acts ("whip sound followed by OHHHHH")

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The Aurora Snow "duck sound" and any of the Billy Madison lines.
Oh and DeNiro's laugh from Cape Fear.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Bonzo posted:

Oh and DeNiro's laugh from Cape Fear.

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Artie bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsX_kAtwwJc

Great JD ball busting.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Richard Simmons "Gary! GAAARY" is the best

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Smeep posted:

Richard Simmons "Gary! GAAARY" is the best

Isn't that sour shoes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

Isn't that sour shoes.

Someone needs to listen to the clips of when Simmons came on the show and left crying.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Isn't that sour shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvwn7_Oz2Q&t=575s

Also, my favorite drop is the one of George Takei saying something like "UH-YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH" and then laughing. I haven't been able to find it isolated on Youtube, but I think it's from an appearance where George got to fondle guys on the air.

Bumpy Johnson fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 21, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Someone needs to listen to the clips of when Simmons came on the show and left crying.

Pretty sure that describes multiple Richard Simmons appearances. :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bumpy Johnson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvwn7_Oz2Q&t=575s

Also, my favorite drop is the one of George Takei saying something like "UH-YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH" and then laughing. I haven't been able to find it isolated on Youtube, but I think it's from an appearance where George got to fondle guys on the air.

My favorite use of that is the bench press prank call (prob my #1 favorite non-tradio call they've ever done).

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

I think that's how his accent was when he first joined the show. It's more accurate if you listen to how he sounded on the apology tape.

"Mah professional life is at a noine, but mah personal life is at a two"

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
none of howard's impressions actually sound like the people he does impressions of

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

none of howard's impressions actually sound like the people he does impressions of

Except his parents.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I think that's how his accent was when he first joined the show. It's more accurate if you listen to how he sounded on the apology tape.

"Mah professional life is at a noine, but mah personal life is at a two"

As the show was syndicated to more markets they took speech lessons to tone down the accents.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

What's everyone's favourite drop?

:supaburn: SCOOOOOOOOOOTT :supaburn:

I have no idea what its origin is, it's just so great.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

:supaburn: SCOOOOOOOOOOTT :supaburn:

I have no idea what its origin is, it's just so great.

Haha it's from the Austin Powers movies I think

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Pretty sure that's Fraulein from Austin Powers.

Edit gently caress beaten like Booey

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jackie chuckle is the best drop.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

Jackie chuckle is the best drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7WC11nBC0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Genius

Fred broke it out last month as well it was gorgeous

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

gently caress. Yes. I love the Jackie laugh, and I've almost gotten in trouble at work a few times for laughing at sad news stories just because I hear the calliope music and the Jackie laugh in my head.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

prefect posted:

Listening to the Dollop podcast this morning, and they're talking about the Boston busing riots, so you know what that puts me in the mood for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqMdu2AZZ8

The Christmas apology ends with one of the best Jackie-written lines ever to the black truck driver. "Looky here, looky here. You make money 'cause you can steer."

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

There are many, many of these clips on You Tubes, but this might be the best, becuase it has Gilbert laughing at Fred's Jackie drops.
Also, that floating, smiling Jackie head is exactly what I picture when Fred plays a Jackie drop.

euphronius posted:

Genius

Fred broke it out last month as well it was gorgeous

I just caught up to the Gay Lie Detector bit, and Fred was completely off the chain, it was great. He is such a sadist sometimes, he loved zinging Richard and Sal with the buzzer sound.
Also, no surprise that Sal and Richard are gay. But, to George's point, since they are married, they are really Bi/Pan sexual.

The racist questions were great, too. Great bit all around, one of the funniest things they've done in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Taken last night. Any bets on if he makes it through 2017?