Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You know, the original The Santa Clause IS basically a body horror film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You know, the original The Santa Clause IS basically a body horror film

It would make a great double feature with Thinner.

poo poo, I'm gonna tweet this at them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I kind of do want the next Side Order of Sleeze to just be Eric live watching Miracle of Life and narrating along.

weekly font posted:

It would make a great double feature with Thinner.

poo poo, I'm gonna tweet this at them.

The binge and purge challenge?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It says a lot about me that the best thing of this episode was to hear that Andrew loves Bruce Springsteen. Sometimes, I feel alone!

Great episode overall. I would love them to do "Christmas with the Kranks".

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Chris remembering that future lawyers show brought back a rush of realization that yes, that happened.

It was called Century City. According to the wiki page, in 2030 the ability to screen out gayness at birth destroyed the arts.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I didn't realize Last Man Standing was a show until last year because my parents like it. It's exactly the kind of show old people like, ya know, cause they're the only ones dumb enough to pay full price for cable. Sitcoms with laugh tracks need to die.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I was delighted to hear that Szyszka and Cabin both are fans of Clifford. It's definitely insane nonsense, but I find it massively entertaining.

I still think it deserves to be a stay tuned.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Santa's Ocean's Eleven sounds like something I'd love to watch when I was a dumb kid.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't think I've had such a huge out-loud reaction to an episode when Steve was describing the "the angel was their miscarried baby since Blame It On Rio.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At least my disbelief at a TV series about a guy and his wife dealing with their magical dead baby angel was justified. It was a made for TV movie.

Thankfully Elliot Spencer hasn't hit rock bottom quite yet.

IMDB posted:

Heaven Sent

Echoing in the deepest depths of space, a humble prayer ascends: One from Maire Taylor, a smart, beautiful businesswoman who asks that her husband find the strength and wisdom to let go of their 9 year old marriage ... While a second prayer simultaneously comes from Billy Taylor, a hopelessly romantic artist who asks that his wife receive the strength and wisdom to hold on. From these humble pleas, comes an answer in the form of a little miracle (an 8 year old runaway from heaven) who takes it upon herself to rekindle the once intimate friendship and romance that has slowly, but surely slipped away from Billy and Maire due to a heart-wrenching loss. Using all of her skill and charm (as well as some well-intentioned mischief!) our little 8 year old runaway comically sets out to heal their broken hearts and save their marriage by helping them get back to the basics of love.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

BigglesSWE posted:

It says a lot about me that the best thing of this episode was to hear that Andrew loves Bruce Springsteen. Sometimes, I feel alone!

Great episode overall. I would love them to do "Christmas with the Kranks".

Bruce is one of my favorites! I saw him alone earlier this year. Surrounded by soccer moms. It was amazing! :hfive:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Best podcast of the year!

I mean, it's not like a real award or anything, but I don't know that anyone hands out real awards for podcasts so ...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If they did they need to call them the Poddys

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Bruce is one of my favorites! I saw him alone earlier this year. Surrounded by soccer moms. It was amazing! :hfive:

Awesome! I saw him 4 times this year, making my total tally 13! The 10th show (the first of the year) was at Prudential Center, NJ. I wanted to make my 10th show special so I went to Boss-country. The second show of the year lasted for 4 hours. (Bruce is insane). By the end of the third show I was hugging and laughing with one of the stadium employees. (I am insane).

Also, I know the guys can't stand the "we might gently caress on christmas" genre (that's one helluva genre) but I really like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9kvO2zL2E

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 21, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Ror posted:

I was delighted to hear that Szyszka and Cabin both are fans of Clifford. It's definitely insane nonsense, but I find it massively entertaining.

I still think it deserves to be a stay tuned.

The problem with Clifford is that it's a few edits away from being the Cable Guy-level dark comedy it clearly mostly is

I like it too

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

How did not a single one of them mention Galaxy Quest in their Tim Allen vs. Larry matchup?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

How did not a single one of them mention Galaxy Quest in their Tim Allen vs. Larry matchup?

I've never really thought of Galaxy Quest as a "Tim Allen" movie, if that makes any sense. It's easy to forget he's in it because he's starring alongside a suite of incredible actors given a hilarious script that they run with wholeheartedly. It's not like, say, the modern Wicker Man, where the only reason I'm ever going to watch it (or, really, even remember that it exists) is because Nicolas Cage is in it being Nicolas Cage.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Galaxy Quest is so good and has the best Alan Rickman performance, behind Hans Gruber.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jupin tweeted about not loving GQ the other day, so I'd be surprised if they did an episode on it. Maybe a Nexus special, one day? It is widely considered a top-level Star Trek film.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Calaveron posted:

If they did they need to call them the Poddys

The Pod People's Choice Awards.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vermain posted:

It's not like, say, the modern Wicker Man, where the only reason I'm ever going to watch it (or, really, even remember that it exists) is because Nicolas Cage is in it being Nicolas Cage.

Yeah, the only real reason I remember it was because it was the movie playing in the theater that you could get booze delivered to your seat, and my friends were in town (it was a newish concept at the time ok!). By the end one of my friends was making a ton of jokes about how they had actually sacrificed Nic Cage at the end.

Speaking of which, have they watched the modern WIcker Man yet?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

HDTGM did an episode on it years ago, one of their more tolerable releases. I think WHM would do a way better job, naturally, but they usually seem to avoid doing stuff that's popular on other movie podcasts.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I feel like they could do a whole podcast series on the Pussy Posse. I guess we'll have to wait until after their Bee Movie minute by minute project.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They were really ahead of the curve on the Bee Movie meme.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
where IS the Pussy Posse now

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Listening back through their catalog in order (because my life is a full wonderland, apparently), and it's funny listening to how subdued they are at first. It actually doesn't start 'sounding' like WHM until the episode Evilspeak, and the the Gone Fishin' episode is like the first time it really starts to click.

This was all for nothing, I just thought I'd let everyone know since this is important information.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gone Fishin' is more insane than the way it's described.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
There's some TVIV thread where someone watched and reviewed every episode of a full season of Last Man Standing. I read the entire thread. It sounds horrifying.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Literally the only good TVIV thread

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

weekly font posted:

Literally the only good TVIV thread

It's not my fault only 5 goons watch Rectify

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ghost emoji posted:

There's some TVIV thread where someone watched and reviewed every episode of a full season of Last Man Standing. I read the entire thread. It sounds horrifying.

Took some doing, but I found it:

Season One
Seasons Two and Three

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Warning, this is some real Heart of Darkness poo poo of a rabbit hole. When you get to the point where Occ is unironically praising the show, you're getting to the "good stuff".

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

There's a second thread?! I know what I'm doing tonight.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
For some reason until now I had it in my head that Last Man Standing was primarily a show about a man with only daughters, and the hijinks that ensue. Like "uh oh! He tries to teach his daughters to play football but gets roped into a tea party!" stuff. Not some weird proto-Alex Jones conservative propaganda poo poo. I even have distinct memories of the advertising playing up the oops-all-daughters angle.

I feel like I just Sliders-d into an alternate universe. :psyduck:

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 22, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

For some reason until now I had it in my head that Last Man Standing was primarily a show about a man with only daughters, and the hijinks that ensue. Like "uh oh! He tries to teach his daughters to play football but gets roped into a tea party!" stuff. Not some weird proto-Alex Jones conservative propaganda poo poo. I even have distinct memories of the advertising playing up the oops-all-daughters angle.

I feel like I just Sliders-d into an alternate universe. :psyduck:
I was under the impression it was what you thought, but also just with a whole bunch of boomer "back in my day real men didn't each quiche what's with all this millennial faggotry" strapped on.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The subsequent Last Man Standing thread where people :toxx:ed to review randomly assigned episodes of a show should be a thing again.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

New ON-SCREEN for Rogue One! They're pretty mixed on it, but sounds mostly positive.

well why not fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 22, 2016

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The daughter on Last Man Standing is the girl from Short Term 12 and I'm incredibly sad that her great performance didn't push her beyond that loving dumpster.

What channel are new episodes of Last Man Standing even on now? A real network? CMT?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
#teamallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
should've cast my boy int he Oldboy remake :twisted:
then maybe it would've been good