Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
f u for Day 4

Lynch No One! (0): King Burgundy, Max, Max, King Burgundy

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Max

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to f u. The current f u is December 19th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 20 minutes.

f u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Looked back over everything

KB on D1 has a few buddy-buddy interactions with poque that I don't love and he also repeatedly lists poque as his also-ran scum choices which I don't like one bit.

I also get pinged when he says "never in a million years" would he leave me alive as scum because who hasn't said that exact same poo poo as scum. It's like the worst scum defense of all time.

Don't sleep on KB is what I'm saying

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Looked back over everything

KB on D1 has a few buddy-buddy interactions with poque that I don't love and he also repeatedly lists poque as his also-ran scum choices which I don't like one bit.

I also get pinged when he says "never in a million years" would he leave me alive as scum because who hasn't said that exact same poo poo as scum. It's like the worst scum defense of all time.

Don't sleep on KB is what I'm saying

What do you think is the appropriate defense to that statement? All I can tell is the truth. I can't imagine not killing confirmed town as scum in a game where there are no protections. It doesn't make sense to do that.

Put yourself in those same shoes. Wouldn't you always kill yourself?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
f u for Day 4

Lynch No One! (0): King Burgundy, Max, Max, King Burgundy

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to f u. The current f u is December 19th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 52 minutes.

f u

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Should we bother voting no-lynch or just let it happen at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well, I guess if we do it early maybe we get an earlier day turnaround.

##vote nocuddle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think is the appropriate defense to that statement? All I can tell is the truth. I can't imagine not killing confirmed town as scum in a game where there are no protections. It doesn't make sense to do that.

Put yourself in those same shoes. Wouldn't you always kill yourself?

I am not asking you to defend that statement, I just notice that you have gotten a bit of a pass and I am not entirely sure why.

There are reasons not to kill me. First off it was already established that we were gonna skip today so there was always another chance to get me before it mattered. Also someone could either think I wont vote them or someone could be creating wifom, etc... it's not THAT inconceivable.

Anyway, I can't wait to be here tomorrow to make the wrong choice!

##vote no cuddle

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nobody died.

f u all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If I don't get actions in the next 4 hours I'm declaring both teams losers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy, X, vanilla town was f u N4.

It is now D5!

F

U

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
f u for Day 5

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to f u. The current f u is December 22nd, 2016 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

f u

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hey Asiina you might wanna fix votefinder, KB is still alive there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

lol i hate u scum

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

hey Asiina you might wanna fix votefinder, KB is still alive there

He's alive in our hearts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon why should I vote for Max?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

He's alive in our farts.

:ghost:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Epsilon why should I vote for Max?

I am currently addressing this question in a long post, and you should have a convincing answer relatively shortly.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So, ##vote Max

Consider the following: Max is Scum. I did some re-reading of the thread over night, assuming rightly that I was going to be left to the end. Let's check a few things.

1. Max has an enormous postcount, one almost double the next closest poster's.
2. Max made a big deal of "explaining" Mafia to me, which is appreciated as I've literally forgotten a lot of the meta poo poo across the year or so of absence...
3. ... but before that he also made a big deal of dumping on me and my posting style.

I think this has been a long-term strategy of grooming me to be the "obvious" scum at lylo. Shits on me day 1 when my first gut ping is on him, takes a break to bus Poque when the writing's on the wall, then continues. Takes another break to clear our AR, then gets back to me. His suspicion of me is only alleviated in this post:

Max posted:

The funny thing is, I am not currently convinced it's 100% epsilon (like, 80%.) I want to put one thing out there: it is, though unlikely, possible that KB is the last scum, and he's dragging epsilon to the finish as an obvious target. In my mind, the two very obvious nk's should have been KB and Hal. Now, one of them will definitely be alive for lylo. If it's Hal, obviously epsilon is scum and I think he made a big error there. If it's KB though, I'm going to urge us all to pause and really re-think what's going on.

and I suspect this was only so he could get the game to simmer down enough to make for an easy no-lunch last day. Clearly we were going to, but I think he was concerned that going too aggressive on me would have made him look bad.

Max has made a few posts about what he would do as scum. Quelle surprise, it didn't pan out that way, Hal is alive, smart scum wouldn't do that, Epsilon has appeared to be not smart, so I'm going to make the "dumb" move and pin it on Epsilon. It's been in the works for a while. For example, look at this post:

Max posted:

The funny thing is, I am not currently convinced it's 100% epsilon (like, 80%.) I want to put one thing out there: it is, though unlikely, possible that KB is the last scum, and he's dragging epsilon to the finish as an obvious target. In my mind, the two very obvious nk's should have been KB and Hal. Now, one of them will definitely be alive for lylo. If it's Hal, obviously epsilon is scum and I think he made a big error there. If it's KB though, I'm going to urge us all to pause and really re-think what's going on.

If I die, I think you should all stop and consider what's going on because I wouldn't think scum epsilon would do that.

Hal, do you have anything to say before we lock this in?

Max softens on me to look reasonable, then puts forth a possibility that we're only invited to consider if he dies, which won't happen... because he has control of the nightkill. He's set up the whole narrative where he's not scum regardless of how things pan out. The only time recently he hasn't stuck with this narrative is:

Max posted:

No, I'll say tomorrow. There is one situation where scum decided to keep you alive and I'd rather not spell it out for them.

... where instead of actually talking about why this would be he just leaves it a mystery. Even assuming you, KB and I are thinking the same thing, we have no way to confirm it without him spitting it out. He's hiding information in the guise of being pro-town, carrying along the "Epsilon is idiot scum" idea.

I know I'm a big dumb idiot who is bad at Mafia, possibly moreso than everyone else who is bad at Mafia (everyone, everyone is bad at Mafia). But I know that Mafia is a game of manipulation and deception, and I think this setup has been pretty transparently designed to manipulate you into voting me. I'd urge you not to and instead to hammer Max with me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good post Epsilon!

I guess it would be rude to not let Max speak.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:ghost: f u :ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I woke up sick and feel incredibly lovely, so give me a moment, but since I know this to be true now: ##vote epsilon since Hal's vote is the only one that matters at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh I meant tomorrow as in game day. I figured, like inf did, scum (epsilon) didn't realize the watcher was dead, which was why Hal was left alive. Speculative, but it was the only reason I could think of at the time as to why Gulag died and didn't want to point it out to scums benefit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A few things off the top of my head (no quotes, on mobile):

Epsilon and Poque have zero meaningful interactions within the thread, which stands out since Poque interacted with nearly everyone else. At best, Poque lays down a single meaningless vote on epsilon before running right back to voting me, and actually tried to drum up some "hmm, this looks suspicious" posts by wondering why I claimed at -3. I think he was trying to see who would bite. No one did and he just sort of moved on.

I'd also point out that epsilon, in his crusade against me, never really visibly did a re-read of Poque and compare it to mine or anyone else's interactions with him (something you would expect town to do.) while everyone else did.

Finally, I suggest you go back and take a look at the AR lunch. In a world where I was around while AR was being actively unhelpful, epsilon wanted to boot me over AR. He mentions being groomed for endgame, and I see no real evidence for that since most of the arguments against him have been due to his own awkward posts. I think AR looked like the perfect endgame target to take to lylo, which is why epsilon wanted me voted out first.

More later.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

By the by, "Max has an enormous post count" and "Max mafia dads" is nothing new.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And I do honestly think it was a mistake to bring Hal to endgame. You probably thought you could do it to bluff Hal in to voting for me, but you've also created a situation where I don't even have to bother thinking about him since I know he's town, and can focus on you entirely.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Epsilon Plus posted:

finals, my dude! also trying to figure out how my group members scored a failing grade on the simplest presentation possible (it's because I wasn't there to loving catherd them) (they loving used the old code and then claimed it was too hard to pull the new version before the presention, they have earned the biggest f u of all)

I am trying to divine some content while juggling a few other things and this is the first Bad Post I saw:

this reads as some real bullshit "oh you're wasting your time but it's OK I'm not an important town role but you still shouldn't lynch me . . . but whatver" poo poo; I don't really have a meta read on anyone anymore and I don't think I've even played with Max but just reading him he comes across as really forcing his cool?

so ##vote Max, as it stands this feels like the correct vote, I know we're close to deadline and, day 1 lol, but I'm not comfy putting someone at -1 when I haven't given the thread and the current cases a full and proper read. I'll be around before deadline to switch if necessary.

By the way, here we see a situation where both Poque and epsilon used similar reasoning to throw shade on / vote me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

that's kinda where I was going with the question of the claim at -3, someone who is VT shouldn't be super concerned with being the vote leader. Max is trying to appear laissez-faire about being lynched like it's no big deal, but the need to post a claim at -3 when my vote was pretty clearly not real and there was tons of time left speaks to somebody who's actually aware of their own status and actively worried about it

Sorry, here is the one meaningful interaction with poque and epsilon. It was to agree with his reasoning on voting me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's pretty much the crux of my argument. I could add more but I think you should have enough to make a decision. I'll answer any questions you have.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm travelling so if you hammer it's gonna be a while so f u

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
f u for Day 5

Max (1): Epsilon Plus
Epsilon Plus (1): Max

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to f u. The current f u is December 22nd, 2016 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

f u

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm travelling so if you hammer it's gonna be a while so f u

Well tell me when you are gonna be back

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal, would you like me to present any counterarguments to Max's point, or do you think you've heard enough to make a decision? If you're 100% convinced, one way or another, I really don't want to spend the effort. But if you're not sure what your vote will be and have any questions for me, either in general or regarding Max's post(s) I'd be glad to field them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah same. I'll answer whatever for you, but this is really your decision. I know you've said that you think I've been too helpful, but it's honestly just my town game. This isn't over complicated, epsilon's scummy nature is due to him being scummy, I'm not next leveling you.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:ghost::suspense::ghost:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Just hammer :ghost:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

:ghost: Just hammer :ghost:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:hb: :hb: