Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
F: Throw in the slimes you originally stole and you've got a deal.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wow, that ankheg burrow looks suspiciously like an Australian bustard/mallee fowl nest/mound. And the mallee trees... Where are we anyway?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 21, 2016

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

E: Fight the Ankheg together and we keep all the slimes, you keep the salvage and your lives and freedom.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

HBar posted:

E: Fight the Ankheg together and we keep all the slimes, you keep the salvage and your lives and freedom.

and if they refuse this fair deal, FOOF!
E: make sure to cry out 'remember how you unleashed the lord of rust on us?!' before FOOF

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 21, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Wow, that ankheg burrow looks suspiciously like an Australian bustard/mallee fowl nest/mound. And the mallee trees... Where are we anyway?

The Guild of Imperial Geographers has noted your objection and subsequently removed and replaced the offending pictogram with one more suited to the regions climate.

For future reference, the north-eastern most part of Rim, of which the Daalig Region is a member, has a flora and (natural) fauna not unlike that of your northern Scandinavia. Very mountainous with large forests of evergreens, mostly spruce and pine. The occasional lake and a long, winding river which has its origins in the Rim Wall and continues throughout most of the Empire.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HBar posted:

Changing my vote to this. Scratched out my old vote.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
What'd we end doing with the Rust-monster corpse anyway?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
E. Skvababt's plan

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

E. New deal! We want all the slimes and all the loot, but if they help us fight we will allow them to leave afterward unmolested.

+1 I want the slimes. Ask the slime lady to plan how to save them, since she seems to think she possibly could.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

HBar posted:

This works.

This is our final offer. I'm a little annoyed we split the loot with that guy we rescued from the Kobolds. Yeah he helped us kill them, but that was kind of fair pay-back for saving his life. I don't want to give away too much to these nerds. Go with plan firey-death-bomb if they refuse it.

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 21, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Cornuto posted:

What'd we end doing with the Rust-monster corpse anyway?

It was brought to ITEC HQ offscreen whilst you were visiting the Quackeenite temple.
When you get a spare moment you will arrange to have it shipped to the regional Imperial Monster Hunters Guild Entente offices over in Karg together with your field report of its abilities.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

The Guild of Imperial Geographers has noted your objection and subsequently removed and replaced the offending pictogram with one more suited to the regions climate.

Ah, this is acceptable. I think we should catch the three inch monster from it's molehill and put it in a glass jar.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

HBar posted:

Makes sense.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

HBar posted:

Why would you bother negotiating with them right now? That's just gonna put them on the edge.

We can always go "I'm altering the deal" once the monster is dead, they are tired and we have Skavbat pointing at them.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Mr. Nemo posted:

We can always go "I'm altering the deal" once the monster is dead, they are tired and we have Skavbat pointing at them.

Because, unlike them, we're not bandits?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Theantero posted:

Because, unlike them, we're not bandits?

Oh, if that bothers you then sure, makes sense.

I'm not that bothered by betraying (probably BEFORE they betray us) they guys that tried to kill us and almost killed our cousin.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Right. I don't want our team to think we're the sort who lie, cheat and go back on deals when it's advantageous. Especially against people who, even if they've opposed us, have yet to do such a thing to us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Or we could sit on the rock pile that is safe and throw rocks and arrows at the assholes. Until the ank attacks, and hurl the foof at it.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Or throw rocks at the area close to them, causing the Ankh to strike there, but unless we are on safe ground they can do the same to us.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

HBar posted:

This. Or we could wait for them to try to get away see what happens.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Mr. Nemo posted:

Or throw rocks at the area close to them, causing the Ankh to strike there, but unless we are on safe ground they can do the same to us.

This is exactly what I'm suggesting. But also with arrows to make them either run (and die) or die.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

E. New deal! We want all the slimes and all the loot, but if they help us fight we will allow them to leave afterward unmolested.

E

"Bandit-Meg, enough. I am out of patience with you and your joke of a gang. Here is what's going to happen. You're going to help us take down this Ankheg. In return, we'll let you walk out of here with your lives, and your gear. Otherwise, that scout of ours is putting a feathered shaft into each one of you, and we'll sell your corpse the same way we'll sell that Ankheg."

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

CourValant posted:

E

"Bandit-Meg, enough. I am out of patience with you and your joke of a gang. Here is what's going to happen. You're going to help us take down this Ankheg. In return, we'll let you walk out of here with your lives, and your gear. Otherwise, that scout of ours is putting a feathered shaft into each one of you, and we'll sell your corpse the same way we'll sell that Ankheg."

This (E)
Except put an arrow into one of their legs so the commotion attracts the Ankheg, while they weaken it and die we can strike from behind and take it out. gently caress em and see about getting a license that lets us deal with people interfering with our work later.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Telsa Cola posted:

This (E)
Except put an arrow into one of their legs so the commotion attracts the Ankheg, while they weaken it and die we can strike from behind and take it out . . .

The blood lust from the players in this thread never ceases to amaze (smile).

Thanks for the quote!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

E

This, and go forward on the assumption that they are going to betray us as soon as it's convenient.

And ask our friendly medic if he feels comfortable throwing the foof at them when they do.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

And ask our friendly medic if he feels comfortable throwing the foof at them when they do.

. . . Blood . . . Lust . . .

Thanks for the quote!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

. . . Blood . . . Lust . . .

Thanks for the quote!

I don't think we're being blood lusty by preparing for betrayal by known thieves.

Unless any action but wide eyed nativity is a symptom of sociopathy?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

I don't think we're being blood lusty by preparing for betrayal by known thieves.

Unless any action but wide eyed nativity is a symptom of sociopathy?

eh, I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't want to derail the thread with pyscho-speak.

I'm more or less generally referring to the thread's tendency to reach for the FooF or Cupcake for any given situation; no need to FooF Bandit-Meg, especially if we want to loot the bodies.

Besides, if sociopathy is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others, then you can still be 'wide eyed naive' and a sociopath.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Plan Hbar but also Watch for both betrayal and opportunities for us to be the ones doing it

They're criminals, lol if you think tales of the honourable ITEC will get spread through the underworld if we let them go

They're going to want payback for us ruining their payday- if we let them go it won't be the last we see of them

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

eh, I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't want to derail the thread with pyscho-speak.

I'm more or less generally referring to the thread's tendency to reach for the FooF or Cupcake for any given situation; no need to FooF Bandit-Meg, especially if we want to loot the bodies.

Besides, if sociopathy is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others, then you can still be 'wide eyed naive' and a sociopath.

Sorry, I mean psychopath.

Either way FOOF is awesome and anyone not determined to use it as a first and last resort is a grade A party pooper. Also using FOOF makes our jobs easier. So we get less per job, but jobs are less risky (aside from the ever present danger of going out in the most metal way ever) so the expenses of each job go down, also jobs require less equipment, because every equipment list begins and ends with 'FOOF'. So if jobs are less risky, require less equipment, and can be completed faster it makes sense to use FOOF.

Also, we get a rep as a group of insane nutbags that will obliterate you at the slightest excuse. The second we show up the option to surrender should start inching up the mental options list making our jobs even easier and safer.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Outrail posted:

Sorry, I mean psychopath.

Either way FOOF is awesome and anyone not determined to use it as a first and last resort is a grade A party pooper. Also using FOOF makes our jobs easier. So we get less per job, but jobs are less risky (aside from the ever present danger of going out in the most metal way ever) so the expenses of each job go down, also jobs require less equipment, because every equipment list begins and ends with 'FOOF'. So if jobs are less risky, require less equipment, and can be completed faster it makes sense to use FOOF.

Also, we get a rep as a group of insane nutbags that will obliterate you at the slightest excuse. The second we show up the option to surrender should start inching up the mental options list making our jobs even easier and safer.

FOOF and less risky was just used in the same sentence, everyone.

Also, we don't need to FOOF (though it's loving awesome). We can just stand where we are and sling rocks/poo poo at the cart. The thing hunts via vibrations, make some vibrations and keep these guys pinned down.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I pointed out in IRC that we should let the gnome dilute the foof into much smaller bottle like split it down to 100 or 1000 tiny teardrop bottles that will work like granade instead of a fuel station explosion.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 22, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Nyaa posted:

I pointed out in IRC that we should let the gnome extract the foof into much smaller bottle like split it down to 100 or 1000 tiny teardrop bottles that will work like granade instead of a fuel station explosion.

Good plan. It would've been EXTREMELY helpful in this situation.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

I pointed out in IRC that we should let the gnome dilute the foof into much smaller bottle like split it down to 100 or 1000 tiny teardrop bottles that will work like granade instead of a fuel station explosion.

Yes

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

HBar posted:

This Works.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Chase, part 4, “Ill Fated Warehouse”, The City of Braav
Month 3, Week 3, Day Two,
Late Afternoon

The Imperial Road stretches from Karg to Rim, and from thence to all the world. It follows the river as much as it is able, crossing it this way or that when needs must; when the surrounding lands are to inhospitable for trade.
Side-roads branch from it like blood vessels, supplying the Holds and Castles of Noble Lords with the goods and services needed for their comfort. It is a good road, cobbled and true. But right now, right here, it is being torn asunder.

A noise unlike any you have heard fills the forest to its brim. A perpetual, muffled explosion, coming ever closer, accompanied by a very localized earthquake.
In these final, precious seconds you bargain with the slime-nappers, convincing Bandit-Meg to relent her preposterous position in favour of your heavy handed deal. She is forced to accept, lest you leave them to their fate with your superior and more importantly un-crashed transportation.

The stone cracks, the road shifts and bends. Parts of the wagon-train collapse. Most of your horses are paralyzed with fear, all save for the horse laden with FOOF. It looks about to bolt, but Tommy has laid his massive hand upon it and somehow, against all equestrian logic, it stays put.
Out of the ground in a shower of earth, gravel and stone erupts... nothing. The noise continues, the world shakes. Everyone is deathly quiet, and all eyes are on the ground. Beneath you at this very moment swims the Ankheg impossibly. Circling, waiting. Biding its time.

The hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, your heart races. You glance over to the bandits, see Maik'e grinning ear to ear. Slowly reaching for something by his belt.

---

1: No one says a word. The Ankheg is nowhere to be seen, everywhere to be felt. Will you make the first move, or will you let Maik'e do his thing unopposed?

A: Fight Smart.
Try to cause a commotion somewhere away from you, to lure the Ankheg out. Use your sling to throw a rock, or something similar. If the Ankheg comes out, engage it with all due haste. Try to stay still if it dives back down, or run away if you cannot.

B: Fight explosively.
Give the word, let the FOOFhorse go. Wing it from there.

C: Trust in Maik'e.
Let him do his thing, re-evaluate from there.

D: Do not trust in Maik'e.
Whatever he is doing, he looks way to thrilled about it for it to be anything good.
Alert Skvababt, have her shoot him.

E: Something else?
Write-in.

---

[Primers, inventory and battle-stats may be found in this previous update post.

---

Party thoughts are unavailable at this time.
Asking questions will require the support of other voters and pass time accordingly.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A
FOOFhorse sounds fun but is way more likely to blow up without killing the beastie. Also, we need that horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

C, but alert Skabvat