Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

It's basic safety, man. guns are dangerous in the hands of the uneducated. Simple as that. You're afraid of them because you don't know them. This conversation is just going to run in circles, it's best to leave it at that.

Man, I own a half dozen guns, but to claim that a rifle of any kind is 'basic safety' is hilarious at best. Guns are super fun to shoot. Guns are not inherently dangerous. Guns are not 'basic safety' and are much closer to a 'last resort'.

Star Citizen is worse than both this post and the post I quoted, if you can even imagine that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ah yes, the beating murder-flaying delimbing heart of the Stimpire.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Gun nuts and model freaks, check out this 1:16 scale Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle with a case, all metal/wood/leather

:3:

http://karopka.ru/community/user/21855/?MODEL=458607

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Man, I own a half dozen guns, but to claim that a rifle of any kind is 'basic safety' is hilarious at best. Guns are super fun to shoot. Guns are not inherently dangerous. Guns are not 'basic safety' and are much closer to a 'last resort'.

Star Citizen is worse than both this post and the post I quoted, if you can even imagine that.

The point I was making is the answer he was inevitably trying to debate. Yes guns aren't dangerous bla bla, internet memes etc, but the fact remains you'd still teach an 8 year old where the safety is, not pointing it at anything you don't intend to shoot, etc.

I am imagining now, and they are both pretty terrible, so lets not go down this slippery slope of gun debates.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AbstractNapper posted:

And definitely don't do that. SteamOS has lots of issues (wrt installation, updating, sound configuration, bugs), GPU drivers for Linux are still poo poo (AMDs' are probably the worst), and Linux support is an afterthought (or not considered at all) for too many games. Also features like in-home streaming probably still don't work 100% ok with Linux hosts

You gotta remember this is reclaimed disposable income that was previously tied up in promises of future digital ships.

Also if SteamOS sucks he could easily install Windows to it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The real reason that build sucks is

quote:

Having already spent just over $500, we went with the most affordable mini-ITX case and power supply that would accommodate our hardware choices

quote:

An SSD was out of the question considering our target budget

quote:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 - $184.29

quote:

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB - $144.99

Yes, that's one stupid build

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I mean they could have shaved off like $80 if they'd gotten an i3 CPU, freeing up cash for an SSD and better GPU and a few dollars for a better PSU as well

Man people in 2014 were stupid

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

...so it's basically doomed now? :ohdear:

lethality hasn't tweeted about it at least

Oh come on, I have kickstarted / pre-ordered nothing but successful games:

Star Citizen, Planetary Annihilation... Oh poo poo, it's doomed.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

a gun is a cooler thing to have than fake spaceships but i am scared of americans

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
tane.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Pimblor posted:

Hey, but whatever. This is comedy and it sure is fun! Isn't it BarfTrent and NAZIHITLER INRI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pro pedo and pro every other disgusting thing but dear god dont dox me.
PS just cum on her face - there is you wrinkle cream.
Heil Chris Roberts. I will take my 6 hour ban now.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

nice catte!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Boom. Refund issued. $560.

welcome to the island you filthy leavear. have a coconut and join us.
(MWO ref)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

I want nothing more out of the excruciating transition through this mortal coil than having the one reprieve from the onslaught of modern jew controlled media that is counter strike devolve into endless nonstop pre 2005 snark about the fresh as gently caress team fortress 2 jokes and the synthesized AIDS that is blizzards latest garbage. Please, make more epic as hell jokes about what a MOBA is truly defined by and the hilarious self referential mouse sensitivity jokes or the :razz: as gently caress youre just bad thing that will make us all unhinge our jaws in laughter becoming the cataclysmic chant that brings about some homosexual elder god to life.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Wrecked Angle posted:

$560?!?! Pftt, and you called yourself a special snowflake, no wonder they ignored you.

Bonus young Ben jackass footage..

o dear god, the thing attached/protruding to bens arm in the stream was fat. Ben go get help now. It is the only way to see the the release/implosion of SC and you want
to be around for that right?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Kratom - incredible plant. If you some health issues I suggest looking into it. Good way to spend SC refund.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I noticed this the other day. I was speculating that the terrible sales figures caused a backlash in the whole message control area on the subreddit. Usually it's brutally controlled on RSI and the subreddit at least pretends to have some kind of transparency or fairness in it's discussion and isn't that obviously censored. You might see a mod strut out some wordwalls about how he is totally impartial and all discussion is allowed or something.

there might be a few can-be-interpreted-as-negative threads on it at any given time, but after the anniversary stream it was a ton of actual criticism with actual discussion.

Luckily someone put a stop to that and a couple days later it was 100% glowing praise and sloppy blowjob posts with not a single negative thread appearing in the top 2 pages. Not even a neutral thread. It was a ton of "2.6 guides" and poo poo like

"Flight changes = Amazing"
"Mind blown CIG"
"2.6 is all i ever wanted"
"4k screenshot of totally working game assets that didn't glitch we promise"
"The future is bright"

I was refreshing to take screenshots and watching negative threads just evaporate on Sunday and Monday.

+5000 upvote thread that hit r/all about there being too many ship sales. Poof
+3000 upvote thread that was the "Reasonable response" to the above thread. Poof.
+1000 upvote threads saying the stream was bad.Poof. Poof. Poof.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 21, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

OhDearGodNo posted:

How much is that lovely model? As a 40k player it looks like someone tried to make a 3D print of a Bones mini.

Hell, even Gary Morley's Nagash model looked better.

Imagine what it's like from my perspective as an Infinity player, where all of the modern sculpts are exquisite...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I noticed this the other day. I was speculating that the terrible sales figures caused a backlash in the whole message control area on the subreddit. Usually it's brutally controlled on RSI and the subreddit at least pretends to have some kind of transparency or fairness in it's discussion and isn't that obviously censored. You might see a mod strut out some wordwalls about how he is totally impartial and all discussion is allowed or something.

there might be a few can-be-interpreted-as-negative threads on it at any given time, but after the anniversary stream it was a ton of actual criticism with actual discussion.

Luckily someone put a stop to that and a couple days later it was 100% glowing praise and sloppy blowjob posts with not a single negative thread appearing in the top 2 pages. Not even a neutral thread. It was a ton of "2.6 guides" and poo poo like

"Mind blown CIG"
"The future is bright"

I was refreshing to take screenshots and watching negative threads just evaporate on Sunday and Monday.

+3000 upvote thread that was the "Reasonable response" to the above thread. Poof.

Wow CIG has sawed off a couple of doors and glued on some fairy wings, we're absolutely really close to flying right now

:iiaca:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

"Mind blown CIG"
"The future is bright"

Shitizens want to believe.
CG Standards are so drat low, that when they even produce one thing the whole community goes like " SEE, I TOLD YOU"

I mean, CIG just managed to gently caress around a whole year, producing zero content and managed to get a praise from the community.
Like what content has been produced in 2016?

3 Patches? reworking flightmodels over and over again.

It just boggles my mind how they can get away with it. a whole loving year and no one is asking questions loving lol.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nawledgelambo posted:

It's basic safety, man. guns are dangerous in the hands of the uneducated. Simple as that. You're afraid of them because you don't know them. This conversation is just going to run in circles, it's best to leave it at that.
Lol scared of dem guns

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Happy to see the thread Derek linked to on anandtech (https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/is-derek-smart-right.2493837/) has reverted to "the door is a garage opener and scrap wood" argument, plus "you can't prove they implicitly supported gray market sales", and "you can't prove the demos were faked". Jst0rm is over there laying it down, though.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I'm sorry you've been called out as a sick individual, and are going to reply to me and quote bullshit links to try to make yourself look innocent or backpedal your disgusting comments.

You crossed a line. A very easy line that doesn't need to ever be crossed. There's "I'm a troll looking for easy lols" like you have been carrying on with for dozens of pages. Then there's "I'm a gross, twisted person using sick, mentally damaged tools to try to look cool, and I will maybe lol as people respond". Hell, you can even goatse.cx the thread and still not be as gross as you've shown you're willing to stoop to.

You trolled yourself into becoming a sick motherfucker. You should probably think about editing your sick-gently caress posts and either finding another thread, or just pretending this didn't happen and try to return to being that innocent troll looking for dumb lols.

Regardless of what happens, you're a sick person who will use very gross and disgusting things to try to get your laughs. Not only should you feel ashamed of yourself, but you should also call your parents because even though you're a gross person, they probably still love you and would love to hear from you. Feel free to share with them your very funny Internet exploits and the wonderful things you talk about on a video game forum. Ask them what they think of that, and if they think it's healthy to do.

Shut the gently caress up

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

Happy to see the thread Derek linked to on anandtech (https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/is-derek-smart-right.2493837/) has reverted to "the door is a garage opener and scrap wood" argument, plus "you can't prove they implicitly supported gray market sales", and "you can't prove the demos were faked". Jst0rm is over there laying it down, though.

"Carl Sagan posted:

"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"
Suppose (I'm following a group therapy approach by the psychologist Richard Franklin) I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle -- but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so. The only thing you've really learned from my insistence that there's a dragon in my garage is that something funny is going on inside my head. You'd wonder, if no physical tests apply, what convinced me. The possibility that it was a dream or a hallucination would certainly enter your mind. But then, why am I taking it so seriously? Maybe I need help. At the least, maybe I've seriously underestimated human fallibility. Imagine that, despite none of the tests being successful, you wish to be scrupulously open-minded. So you don't outright reject the notion that there's a fire-breathing dragon in my garage. You merely put it on hold. Present evidence is strongly against it, but if a new body of data emerge you're prepared to examine it and see if it convinces you. Surely it's unfair of me to be offended at not being believed; or to criticize you for being stodgy and unimaginative -- merely because you rendered the Scottish verdict of "not proved."

Imagine that things had gone otherwise. The dragon is invisible, all right, but footprints are being made in the flour as you watch. Your infrared detector reads off-scale. The spray paint reveals a jagged crest bobbing in the air before you. No matter how skeptical you might have been about the existence of dragons -- to say nothing about invisible ones -- you must now acknowledge that there's something here, and that in a preliminary way it's consistent with an invisible, fire-breathing dragon.

Now another scenario: Suppose it's not just me. Suppose that several people of your acquaintance, including people who you're pretty sure don't know each other, all tell you that they have dragons in their garages -- but in every case the evidence is maddeningly elusive. All of us admit we're disturbed at being gripped by so odd a conviction so ill-supported by the physical evidence. None of us is a lunatic. We speculate about what it would mean if invisible dragons were really hiding out in garages all over the world, with us humans just catching on. I'd rather it not be true, I tell you. But maybe all those ancient European and Chinese myths about dragons weren't myths at all.

Gratifyingly, some dragon-size footprints in the flour are now reported. But they're never made when a skeptic is looking. An alternative explanation presents itself. On close examination it seems clear that the footprints could have been faked. Another dragon enthusiast shows up with a burnt finger and attributes it to a rare physical manifestation of the dragon's fiery breath. But again, other possibilities exist. We understand that there are other ways to burn fingers besides the breath of invisible dragons. Such "evidence" -- no matter how important the dragon advocates consider it -- is far from compelling. Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Shut the gently caress up

what's wrong, can't take the trolling??? gotta be hard around these starrrrrs...

star citizem

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

XK posted:

Jst0rm is a loving class act in that thread. Can tell he's reading this one too, so keep fighting the good fight mate!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

quote:

Not to mention that designing games/engines really does take a long time. I'm sure if ID software's development system was similarly open, it would look drat near identical during the late 90's - 2000's.

pre:
The Ultimate Doom		1995	GT Interactive Software	MS-DOS	N/A
Master Levels for Doom II	1995	GT Interactive Software	MS-DOS	[c]
Quake				1996	GT Interactive Software	MS-DOS
Quake II			1997	Activision	Microsoft Windows
Quake III Arena			1999	Activision	Microsoft Windows
Quake III: Team Arena		2000	Activision	Microsoft Windows
:thumbsup:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Chalks posted:

Jst0rm is a loving class act in that thread. Can tell he's reading this one too, so keep fighting the good fight mate!

I think he is cause he dropped the agent quote
"2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
"If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
"They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
^^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year´

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jst0rm has posted in these threads, so I'd say he probably has read them.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Carl Sagan quote

"The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" is an excellent book, and should probably be read by everyone, and taught in schools.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Today's patch doesn't have any of the missing features, and introduced a couple of game breaking bugs.

:tif:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Today's patch doesn't have any of the missing features, and introduced a couple of game breaking bugs.

so now the live build is hosed and the ptu is hosed.
Life is wonderful.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Tokamak posted:

Patching succesfl

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

spacetoaster posted:

This popped up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/811045627891068928

Ben should leave the glasses on.

"This popped up on twitter" really guys, I don't read through every tweet made by a CIG employee, this just magically popped up for me, what a coincidence

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

indeed, how unfortunate

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Booourns posted:

"This popped up on twitter" really guys, I don't read through every tweet made by a CIG employee, this just magically popped up for me, what a coincidence

You do know how twitter works right?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

You do know how twitter works right?

No. I have a twitter account and my feed is always blank. I have no way to explain how other people encounter tweets. Also what do all these buttons do I am confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XK posted:

"The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" is an excellent book, and should probably be read by everyone, and taught in schools.

quote:

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark is a 1995 book by astrophysicist Carl Sagan, in which Sagan aims to explain the scientific method to laypeople, and to encourage people to learn critical and skeptical thinking.

Yeah they taught us all that in school, and if you weren't listening you're not going to read a book about it, so alas! Mr. Sagan's preaching to the choir

I'll def check it out, though