Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

khwarezm posted:

If you desperately need to defend your lousy show against the haters take it to PMs, otherwise shut up.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

top tier av/post combo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

didn't someone point out that there's a TTG thread where you guys can continue this discussion?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is that newish Family Guy Scooby Doo still around or did it ironically die in Boomerang squalor because it wasn't Mystery Incorporated?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I loved Phineas and Ferb but I can't get into Milo Murphy's Law. It just kinda bores me and makes me wish I was watching new Phineas and Ferb.

Crabtree posted:

So is that newish Family Guy Scooby Doo still around or did it ironically die in Boomerang squalor because it wasn't Mystery Incorporated?

I hope it's burning in lovely cartoon hell along with Wabbit.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Crabtree posted:

No new episode since March 2016. I've seen teasers and pics for upcoming episodes, but no actual airing after that. The TvTropes page was also modified with a scene I never saw, so I'm guessing it's being aired, I just don't know where.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

raditts posted:

Oh man, I didn't see poo poo of Wabbit beyond the first teaser image. How bad did it turn out?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Miraculous Christmas Special is up on Netflix for people who like the dub.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh man, I didn't see poo poo of Wabbit beyond the first teaser image. How bad did it turn out?

It's not so much bad as it is aggressively mediocre.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will still never understand why Wabbit never had Elmer Fudd. Was it supposed to be some sort of joke that the characters that actually says "wabbit" never appears?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Aggressively mediocre" is pretty accurate, because I can't point to any single thing about it that sucks, but as a whole it gives you absolutely no reason to watch it.
It's just an ugly, low-budget Thing That Exists. It's almost like they had to put effort in to make a cartoon show with Bugs Bunny so dull and soulless.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I will still never understand why Wabbit never had Elmer Fudd. Was it supposed to be some sort of joke that the characters that actually says "wabbit" never appears?

Impossible, Wabbit had no jokes.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 20, 2016

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The looney tunes show was too good for this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxu75V4HHAk

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Sockser posted:

The Looney Tunes show was hit or miss, but when it hit, it hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sockser posted:

The weird thing is that that's one of the only times Elmer actually even shows up in the show, they were oddly adverse to using him(I would suggest it's because of his gun, but Yosemite Sam is a main character, and realistic guns showed up surprisingly often in that show)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

X_Toad posted:

No new episode since March 2016. I've seen teasers and pics for upcoming episodes, but no actual airing after that. The TvTropes page was also modified with a scene I never saw, so I'm guessing it's being aired, I just don't know where.

So its even worse off than Uncle Grandpa because its delayed death doesn't even have fans to care about it? How fitting.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wabbit was born from a similar vein as Looney Tunes Show, however there was a bunch of new characters that no one cared about ironically trying to go back to the origin of the franchise with almost none of the established characters. Bugs sort of had an every day life as a woodland creature, but he mostly hung out with Big Foot, a squirrel that didn't talk a determinable language and Wili E Coyote who didn't even loving hunt him - he was just this snobby neighbor that was bad because he bought expensive things to solve a problem like leaf blowing? Everything else was this one off villain or temporary obstacle that Bugs dealt with and that's all the 9 minute episode was. Kind of depressing now that I think about hearing about the artist of this show having a seminar about how to draw a character when I think her big feather in her cap loving died like a wet fart in the wind.

Man, WB cartoons can't survive these days out of DC stuff.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Crabtree posted:

Man, WB cartoons can't survive these days out of DC stuff.

Probably why they've started making cartoons for Disney

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like that The Looney Tunes show made Granny into a WW2 hero. That was cool.

Though to be fair most of them are.

Except Daffy.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

raditts posted:

I remember Wabbit had a scene where Bugs meets what appears to be Hilary Clinton and he's uncharacteristically like "Wow, you're super cool!" and that scene's just really awkward now.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

khwarezm posted:

If you desperately need to defend your lousy show against the haters take it to PMs, otherwise shut up.
I feel dirty for even dignifying this with a response, especially after the rest of the thread has moved on, but my last post was at worst, mildly flippant, even considering how hostile people can be on these forums on a regular basis. And you're saying I'm being touchy? gently caress me. Feel free to respond or whatever, my rear end is done.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

khwarezm posted:

I remember Wabbit had a scene where Bugs meets what appears to be Hilary Clinton and he's uncharacteristically like "Wow, you're super cool!" and that scene's just really awkward now.

Is that the episode where the vice president is an rear end in a top hat and Bugs becomes first bunny by accident? Faceless Female President could be seen as that I guess, but its nothing really game changing when the franchise seems dead in the water like the other 2015 failure, Be Cool Scooby Doo. Its starting to seem like a lot of 2015 shows are just loving failures.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Crabtree posted:

Is that the episode where the vice president is an rear end in a top hat and Bugs becomes first bunny by accident? Faceless Female President could be seen as that I guess, but its nothing really game changing when the franchise seems dead in the water like the other 2015 failure, Be Cool Scooby Doo. Its starting to seem like a lot of 2015 shows are just loving failures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkuUifPT2s8&t=50s
Here's the scene, has her figure and voice imo. The Clintons also like dogs.

It was also aired around the time Clinton seemed sure to be Democratic nominee

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 21, 2016

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Crabtree posted:

So its even worse off than Uncle Grandpa because its delayed death doesn't even have fans to care about it? How fitting.
I care. I like this version's slightly meaner Scooby. I like that the gang feels like real friends. I like that Shaggy sometimes shows courage. I like that Daphne is so weird. I like that Fred is more defined while not being dumb. I like Velma's weird aquaphobia. My favorite episodes are Grand Scam, All Paws on Deck, Gremlin on a Plane and Giant Problems.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

khwarezm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkuUifPT2s8&t=50s
Here's the scene, has her figure and voice imo. The Clintons also like dogs.

It was also aired around the time Clinton seemed sure to be Democratic nominee

I mean, its an obvious thing to be seen, but its vague enough to not be her and be generic white woman in office. But its all moot now.

X_Toad posted:

I care. I like this version's slightly meaner Scooby. I like that the gang feels like real friends. I like that Shaggy sometimes shows courage. I like that Daphne is so weird. I like that Fred is more defined while not being dumb. I like Velma's weird aquaphobia. My favorite episodes are Grand Scam, All Paws on Deck, Gremlin on a Plane and Giant Problems.

And Mystery Inc didn't have them be actual jerks? Eh, what can I say. You're probably alone in that one, man.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mystery Inc ended in 2013. I liked it a lot, but it's over. Hating on the next Scooby show isn't going to bring it back.

And Be Cool Scooby Doo is pretty good, all things considered. It's not something amazing like Mystery Inc, but it's still probably one of the better Scooby shows.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Can't be worse than the Broad City episode. That's one that I'll never want to watch again.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
No the worst/best is the game Vanquish.

Not-Clinton vs Space Not-Putin.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I'm definitely a fan of Be Cool.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Be Cool Scooby Doo wasn't amazing but it was better than I think everyone assumed it was gonna be and, as faint praise as this is, it is probably the third best version of Scooby Doo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So behind Pup and Mystery Inc then?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

The Miraculous Christmas Special is up on Netflix for people who like the dub.
Ladybug's song in English isn't remotely as poetic as the French version, even (fan)subtitled. :sigh:

Also, the best they could do to match the Pere/Pire Noel pun was Santa Claws? Really?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I tried google image searching pictures from Wabbit to prove it's a thing that existed, but I swear the show must just be that stupid title font over plain woodsland.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

So behind Pup and Mystery Inc then?

Yep. Exactly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good, because not a lot of people rate Pup as highly as it deserves.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Payndz posted:

Ladybug's song in English isn't remotely as poetic as the French version, even (fan)subtitled. :sigh:

Also, the best they could do to match the Pere/Pire Noel pun was Santa Claws? Really?

Agreed on both accounts. Still cute.

Looks like the show's jumping to Netflix for the U.S. release now, all of season 1 drops this Valentine's and Season 2 will drop around June. I don't like to get too into how draconian most animation networks are at trying to put out shows besides the infinite money makers, but boy it's nice to go from Nick's rubic cube of a release schedule to a simple "the show is out and you can watch it whenever you want." release.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think Bother Christmas was the best translation, but at the same time, your average american kid might not know that Santa Claus is Father Christmas.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The show is already pirated to hell and back, might as well get it on Netflix and get some guaranteed revenue.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I've never seen 13 Ghosts despite having it on hand since my birthday. Is that a solid Scooby?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

nerdman42 posted:

I've never seen 13 Ghosts despite having it on hand since my birthday. Is that a solid Scooby?

It's... ambitious. Vincent Price is in it!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

It's... ambitious. Vincent Price is in it!

Isn't Flim Flam also in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My Knight and Me is premiering the 2nd at 4. I also looked it up and it's a France/Belgium production that CN licensed, so yeah, I think it's just a cheap third party show to fill the early afternoon. Also probably just something to throw on Boomerang.