Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Has the PS4 userbase fallen through the floor? Last 2 nights our squad got matched up against the same team 3 games in a row, with no request to rematch. Are there just that few diamonds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

What a clever and subtle way to brag about diamond!

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

rap music posted:

What a clever and subtle way to brag about diamond!

Oh I wouldn't be subtle, I'd never be diamond on my own, I'm consistently the lowest scoring in my squad and I'm trash in clutch situations.

I save my drone and put up my walls though!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

bobua posted:

put up my walls though!

Want to join our PC squad I have just the person to swap if you like Tachanka

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'll usually reinforce walls that don't really need to be just because maybe they do and I don't want to be trying to kapkan trap after set up

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I'm in a scouts honour knife only game right now and it's great. 30 melee kills is an actual nutcracker.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I'm in a scouts honour knife only game right now and it's great. 30 melee kills is an actual nutcracker.

Did a few of these with my group. It's great when you can convince the pubbies to play nice. Then you get a diamond who refuses and says you should get them for real.

And the knife net code is all kinds of hosed. Distances seem random at times.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Knife only is the best way to ruin this game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Even if I was good enough to get thirty knife or gadget kills, I wouldn't be able to do it Christmas week. I got other poo poo to do.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Even if I was good enough to get thirty knife or gadget kills, I wouldn't be able to do it Christmas week. I got other poo poo to do.

It's four maps as Fuze, tops.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
Apparently Cavs pistol also counts for gadget kills. Who knows why

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Well it is a special weapon that facilitates her gimmick

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

It's four maps as Fuze, tops.

Sure, if you get matched against idiots that cluster in one room. I never get that.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well it is a special weapon that facilitates her gimmick

Does this apply to glaz too?

And do frags and c4 count as gadgets.

The melee/gadget challenge is always the one i struggle with

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

C4 does, frags do not I don't think, probably not for Glaz but I don't know for sure either.

Tachanka doesn't count either.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I assumed tachanka's machine gun did count, and everything else referred to as a gadget. Which would have meant Glaz rifle but only with the scope up. Basically everything the game calls a gadget

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

adding a laser has taken my game to the next freakin' level! :monocle:

https://streamable.com/nul1g

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Here's some new videos from Aus / NZ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0VnsCspng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHag4otUMOE

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
11$ for Blitz bushido skin, give me a break...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just noticed the bushido sets have shield skins in them, which hopefully means we'll get normal shield skins at some point soon.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
I didn't have Glaz's gun count for gadget kills, so far the easiest way I've found is to just get kills with Cav's pistol.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Captn Kurp posted:

I didn't have Glaz's gun count for gadget kills, so far the easiest way I've found is to just get kills with Cav's pistol.

You mean get melee kills after you down them with the pistol?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

The Duggler posted:

You mean get melee kills after you down them with the pistol?

No, straight up kill them with the pistol, counts as a gadget kill.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Holy poo poo the amount of ''knife-fight'' requests is annoying.

One player in particular was really hellbent on doing it:
~ This is Casual go play ranked we're trying to do challenges here.
~ This challenge is too hard by itself.
~ loving tryhards playing the game.

:psyboom:

Captn Kurp posted:

No, straight up kill them with the pistol, counts as a gadget kill.

You might have to be in silent step mode.

Also Chanka's turret kills does not count as gadget kills. I tried :saddowns:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Should have made the challenge easier, hard

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Should have made the challenge easier, hard

Yeah, gadget kills is hard enough as it is, 30 is basically 2/3 weeks worth unless you're constantly nading/c4ing. Plus, new shields that shrug off C4.

https://streamable.com/l6vji

Also destroying a window that fuze was in the process of putting a charge on breaks your game; you can't move and the charge floats midair in a nonexistent window.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Isn't it gadgets and melee kills still? Just knife people after you down them.

I like that it's a bit harder and forces you to actually plan for it a bit, most of the challenges you just end up getting passively.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Holy poo poo the amount of ''knife-fight'' requests is annoying.

One player in particular was really hellbent on doing it:
~ This is Casual go play ranked we're trying to do challenges here.
~ This challenge is too hard by itself.
~ loving tryhards playing the game.

:psyboom:

You might have to be in silent step mode.

Also Chanka's turret kills does not count as gadget kills. I tried :saddowns:

The dumb thing is that on average, people are going to get 1 knife kill a round at most vs. a higher number of kills if they just use their gadgets in normal play

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
1 knife kill a round? If we're not counting finishing people off or shields, I probably have less than 10 legit knife kills in like 300 hours of play.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I got 4 knife kills in one game on Bartlett. And I only got 5 kills.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

1 knife kill a round? If we're not counting finishing people off or shields, I probably have less than 10 legit knife kills in like 300 hours of play.
Yeah, same here - if I exclude shield operators and Caveira, I may have have done a dozen knife kills since Siege beta. Though I should note that my playstyle is very counterproductive to knifing or shotgunning people.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

keyframe posted:

11$ for Blitz bushido skin, give me a break...

Did you buy it yet?

I'm buying mine tonight.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Can you buy it for me too?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Shield users shouldn't be encouraged with fancy new skins. They need to be shamed and ridiculed like the good lord intended!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Shield Lord Montagne, his disciple Blitz and the Pretender God Fuze.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

IceOrb posted:

Did you buy it yet?

I'm buying mine tonight.

Nope. There is a point where I stop justifying it as "supporting the devs" because it is a straight up money grab.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's a great game but it's not like Hard pockets the proceeds of the shop sales. Showing that the game can be profitable and is worth continuing to make content for is not the same as lining the pockets of Ubisoft CEOs by buying overpriced gimmicky skins.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

It might be worth it if Blitz was worth playing

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah if they do a fancy set like that for an operator I actually play, I'd probably consider it. Definitely gonna get an elite skin if they do one for frost or bandit. (well, if it's good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I might consider an Elite Fuze skin, but that's about as far as I am willing to go with cash-exclusive vanity items in any game, since I've played both CS:GO and Dota 2.

• Locked thread