Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

I wonder how much money Dario has to spend repairing walls his wrestlers punch holes through

I mean, compared to the roof on the office and the other side that people keep getting thrown through, and the glass on his office, and all the bribes and drug money...it's probably minimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

I wonder how much money Dario has to spend repairing walls his wrestlers punch holes through

Not enough, since people keep punching holes!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Dammit Striker stop quoting the konami code

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

Matt Striker calling a TJ Perkins match for eternity is my new idea of hell.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
stupid forums going down in the middle of the show :mad:

Anyway, I enjoyed PJ Black being enough of a dick to both call for the Fingerpoke of Doom and then reverse it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kind of a filler episode but the lizard people were cool and PJ Black being a dick worked perfectly.

Dragon Azteca trying to literally murder My Brother The Monster Matanza Cueto is going to be a rad long running story.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Writer Cath posted:

Matt Striker calling a TJ Perkins match for eternity is my new idea of hell.

Who's his opponent?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Who's his opponent?

Gotta be Yoshi Tatsu, right?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Luchasaurus is a great name, that should be his real name IMO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I cracked up at Luchasaurus :allears:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like that Johnny's terrible acting is both shoot and work

also, the key to beating Sexy Star: FAKE SPIDERS

CREE-EE-EEPY CRAWLERS!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Luchasaurus is a great name, that should be his real name IMO

Luchasaurus Aron Rex.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"And then the reptilian people of the snake tribe kidnap a dragon as the audience chants "Luchasaurus" "

This is the purest form of art. Also that first match was loving crazy!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing Sexy Star's present was from an as-yet-unseen spider tribe. Every list I've seen of the tribes still seems like guesswork, and I don't recall seeing a fully clear picture of the medallions on the GotG.

Speaking of which, I wonder how soon the medallions are coming back since the GotG has been cashed in. I feel like there's a lot more they can do with the competition over those.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

LU has a loving crazy track record of picking up people NXT/WWE hosed up or turned away and making them anything from good to amazing. PJ Black, Johnny Mundo, Matanza, Crane, Willie Mack (though nothing's really changed from his indies presentation other than he is Sexy's Best Pal.)

I am really enjoying watching Crane and I had zero interest whatsoever in Solomon Crowe.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"And then the reptilian people of the snake tribe kidnap a dragon as the audience chants "Luchasaurus" "

This is the purest form of art. Also that first match was loving crazy!

The match was insane, though I could do without Crane spamming his 'Thumbs down' gesture, felt like he did it before every other move.

Also, I read that Luchasaurus is Bestia 666? I have trouble believing that because I'm fairly certain he's the same height as Drago and not a foot taller than him.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Germansimp posted:

The match was insane, though I could do without Crane spamming his 'Thumbs down' gesture, felt like he did it before every other move.

Also, I read that Luchasaurus is Bestia 666? I have trouble believing that because I'm fairly certain he's the same height as Drago and not a foot taller than him.

That spoiler is incorrect. That one keeps circulating and I'm not sure why. I guess it's the same as people repeatedly thinking Kobra Moon was Cheerleader Melissa aka now Mariposa when she debuted. Masks confuse people, I supopose.

It probably doesn't need to be spoiled anymore who those guys are since they've actually debuted and their under-the-mask identities are public on Twitter. Luchasaurus is Judas Devlin aka Austin Matelson -- probably most famous for being one of the first people to blow the whistle on what a shithead Bill DeMott was as a trainer back when Devlin was in NXT.

Lord Pindar is Steve Pain - he worked some good matches in AAA against Aerostar/Fenix so he seems to be something of a natural choice for a faction that's starting out in opposition to Drago's Trio. He's out of AAA now and been working various other indies.

Devlin is @JudasDraven on Twitter and Steve Pain is @StevePainANRKIA -- you can see their feeds talking about last night and they've both changed their descriptions to acknowledge that they are working LU now, so it's no real mystery who the snake guys are anymore.

As to the guy you spoiled: Bestia 666 did work a number of dark matches and was very well received. Immediate fan favorite -- a lot of the Temple regulars knew who he was already. But as far as I know, he hasn't worked a televised match yet.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

LU has a loving crazy track record of picking up people NXT/WWE hosed up or turned away and making them anything from good to amazing. PJ Black, Johnny Mundo, Matanza, Crane, Willie Mack (though nothing's really changed from his indies presentation other than he is Sexy's Best Pal.)

I am really enjoying watching Crane and I had zero interest whatsoever in Solomon Crowe.

The Solomon Crowe NXT run is so weird to me. Okay, they gave him a poo poo gimmick, that happens, whatever, you can always rework a gimmick. But it is also like they never made any attempt to show off what he could do in the ring. He really must have not gelled with people backstage.

Even his LU gimmick is kind of crap. But all it took was for him to get in the ring and start kicking everyone in the face real REAL hard and the crowd got him immediately.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Honestly, I'd put half the failing of Solomon Crowe on Sami Callihan. Yeah, it was a poo poo gimmick but they did give him a few matches where he was clearly meant to show off what he could do. Instead, we did that dumbass rebound splash/headbutt and various other uninspired offense. It was a bad got from the start and I don't think Callihan is good enough to break out of some creative setbacks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of Crowe's best work happened in places Triple H didn't see namely the indies and NXT Live Events. Apparently road Agent reports about Crowe never reached Triple H's desk for some reason.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I can't imagine any situation where an NXT/WWE match would be similar to a LU match. WWE has a style and you better loving stick to it.

LU seems to let workers do whatever they feel like doing which can make some matches come off a bit spot-heavy compared to the WWE "both get your poo poo in until someone does their finisher and wins" standard.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
how is jack evans not dead

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Appreciate the info. Don't really follow those guys so had no idea their LU identities were already public knowledge.

Capsaicin posted:

how is jack evans not dead

His entire body is made of flubber. Source: His match against Danielson in ROH about a decade ago where Dragon bent Evans in ways that were just sickening to watch.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Germansimp posted:

Appreciate the info. Don't really follow those guys so had no idea their LU identities were already public knowledge.

His entire body is made of flubber. Source: His match against Danielson in ROH about a decade ago where Dragon bent Evans in ways that were just sickening to watch.

Or Aztec Warfare II, where he spent a good chunk of the match being thrown around the Temple by Drago, the high spot of which is seeing Jack ragdolling down the stairs in the background.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/810696387549691904

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Xerzes posted:

He didn't even get it right.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Lone Goat posted:

He didn't even get it right.

Striker is a bit of a Down Up Left Left A Right Down, if you ask me.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish there was more Lucha Underground

*finger curls on monkey paw*

Will we ever get expanded distribution or will it be trapped on El Rey/iTunes forever? I haven't been able to watch regularly since the beginning of season 2 and the novelty of El Rey wore off once they decided to pad the schedule with reality tv. (And the new El Rey they describe in that news article sounds even less appealing)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Which Aztec Warfare would you show a new fan who's slightly familiar with the product? I was leaning towards 2 or 3.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Senator Giroux posted:

Which Aztec Warfare would you show a new fan who's slightly familiar with the product? I was leaning towards 2 or 3.

Why not the first?

2 is good but also a major part of it is built around the the first season and a half

3 is built around the first two and a half seasons and you then have the Sexy Star title run.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Why is this crazy show constantly losing viewership on TV?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

Why is this crazy show constantly losing viewership on TV?

It is on a small niche network that is hard to justify paying for if you are only watching one show.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I know at least one person that got El Rey on DirectTV but it was one of the channels that got spontaneously removed from her lineup recently.

DirectTV can suck my dick, by the way. They make my cable company look good.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i love how DirecTV only broadcasts El Rey in SD in SoCal, their primary target market

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

exploded mummy posted:

Why not the first?

2 is good but also a major part of it is built around the the first season and a half

3 is built around the first two and a half seasons and you then have the Sexy Star title run.

I just like some of the guys in the later ones more, like Jack Evans and Joey and Marty.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Mundo has a music video now

https://streamable.com/ev0wn

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

This is the most perfectly Johnny Mundo thing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LAST WEEK:
We got the last two finalists for the Battle of the Bulls tournament
Drago got abducted by snakemen
Someone put a spider in Sexy Star's locker :eek:

THIS WEEK:
The Battle of the Bulls concludes (Cage v. Crane v. Mack v. Darewolf and I think it's elimination)
Sexy gets her rematch for the Lucha Underground Championship against Jonathan "World" in a Steel Cage

RING THE BELL

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Woo this is the start of the tapings I attended. I was up by the entrance door above Dario's office on the balcony, I got to high five Sexy Star before the cage match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Woo this is the start of the tapings I attended. I was up by the entrance door above Dario's office on the balcony, I got to high five Sexy Star before the cage match

Nice! I was in the bleachers for this one, I think. I think after this next set we get to a weekend I wasn't there.

(edit): Oh right, I think I actually missed this one because I got sick. I remember hearing this four way was pretty cool

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 22, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
well that's just a dick move by Texano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
3 of the best hosses on the roster and also PJ Black is there

(This match is cool)