Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

SubponticatePoster posted:

The level of wheeking going on there must be epic.

Nope, they were really good at their jobs in a very :stare: way. However now their jobs are being awesome dogs and they're good at that too! Another cool breed you don't see much are Scottish Deerhounds, which are basically greyhounds in wolfhound form.

I'd never seen one before. I like to think that the cows are next to the dog and not just a trick of perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SubponticatePoster posted:

The level of wheeking going on there must be epic.

Like you wouldn't believe:
https://www.facebook.com/finkleydownfarm/videos/1330231813702118/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL5PKu2F518

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

How has this cat not been adopted yet?!

nerdz posted:

I hope this dog's name is Dog Quixote

FTFY

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

EoinCannon posted:

There's a great Dane named Odin that lives near us, he leans affectionately too. He's heavier than my wife and he's quite fond of her so she needs backup to pet him

my sister has a giant doberman that does this

if he likes you he'll hide your shoes so you can't leave

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mutant Standard posted:

that's basically being kidnapped by a dog so you can give it pets

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

My brother has a German Shorthair (so not a huge dog) who also leans hard. He'll have to catch himself from falling over if you scratch him enough.

They adopted him from a shelter; the theory was he was someone's (intended) hunting dog that was incredibly gun shy (and may have been abused, he's scared of men when he initially meets them). But he's an incredibly sweet pup. I'll try to get a picture to illustrate...

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Dog leans are the best leans. Anytime a dog leans on me I feel like it actually likes me (when really it just likes people in general and I happen to be the one giving it pets currently).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Yessssss. I can do a pretty good pig impersonation myself, there was a guinea pig at the shelter in a cage not out for the public (he's since been put out) and I'd walk by and wheek at him, and he'd wheek right back :3:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jesus Christ, this doggo looks so pleased with himself. I can't loving take it.

Mutant Standard posted:

I thought the big dog version of kidnapping was laying on your feet so you couldn't stand up.

Or, alternately, doing what my big lug does and lying in the space between my couch and the ottoman, making it so I can't get up without stepping on him.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Dog leans are the best leans. Anytime a dog leans on me I feel like it actually likes me (when really it just likes people in general and I happen to be the one giving it pets currently).

Dog leans are indeed the best.
I had one troubled beagle that was terrified of everything.
I was sitting by the fire and she sheepishly came up, watched the fire with me, slowly came over and leaned on my side. I couldn't move for over an hour out of fear she would get startled.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Inzombiac posted:

Dog leans are indeed the best.
I had one troubled beagle that was terrified of everything.
I was sitting by the fire and she sheepishly came up, watched the fire with me, slowly came over and leaned on my side. I couldn't move for over an hour out of fear she would get startled.

:3:

at a friends house, I had a great dane decide that as i am a tiny person, I was the absolute best toy ever. then gently clamped my shoulder in her jaws, and guided me around the house showing me off and all the rooms like a giant toddler.

TehRedWheelbarrow has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Dec 20, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dog big

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/811386762094317568

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/SoVeryAwkward/status/811648489297952775

Eodoin
Dec 3, 2014

As a corgi owner, my little stumpers likes to bulldoze though things in his way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't :allears:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Eodoin posted:

As a corgi owner, my little stumpers likes to bulldoze though things in his way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't :allears:

Pics?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Craig is a great name for a corgi.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

An australian shepcorg?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Craig is a great name for a corgi.

All dogs should have generic human first names. If I had a dog I would name it Todd or Ron.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Psycho Society posted:

An australian shepcorg?

Nope all corgi, her mother was 1/2 Cardi 1/2 Permbroke and her father was full Pembroke.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

All dogs should have generic human first names. If I had a dog I would name it Todd or Ron.

When I was five I named my first cat "Fred."

Seemed good at the time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Basebf555 posted:

And all cats should have fancy human names. Like Reginald, or Archibald if a boy and Rose or Francesca if a girl.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

(This rat is helping clear land mines in Cambodia. Their noses are sharp enough to find mines, even ones metal detectors can't detect, but they aren't heavy enough to set the mines off.)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's old lady names for cats. Girl cats anyway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My next dog, no matter the breed or age, will be named Steven.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

My little guy is named Vinnie, which is short for Vincent D'Onarfrio

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
My old girl was named Mona, which is technically a people name, but kind of rare. The entire 17 years I had her, I met only two Monas and I was positively giddy. I was a little hesitant letting them know they had the same name as my cat, but they both said "that's a great name for a cat!"

Not really an old lady name, but I dig the idea of naming the cat, say, Ethel.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

There's someone around here with two cats named Edith and Maude and it's the best.

a kitten has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Dec 22, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My brother named one of your cats Tiberius.

As in James Tiberius Kirk.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tony Phillips posted:

When I was five I named my first cat "Fred."

Seemed good at the time.

This is my brother's cat, Fred:

Fred is a purebred Maine Coon who loves belly rubs.

My mom has a betta fish named Steve.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is my brother's cat, Fred:

Fred is a purebred Maine Coon who loves belly rubs.

My mom has a betta fish named Steve.

Fred is mad cute, yo.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

This is Esmerelda. She's a sweet girl, if rather chompy.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIAO4Htzn8M
Panda vs. Snowman

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

The Zombie Guy posted:

The Caucasian Mountain Dog is a certified Larg Doggo:

All the big dogs I've met have always been the biggest sucks. My sister has a fatty doberman who will happily plop down in your lap to cuddle, and stay there until your legs are numb. A friend owns a mastiff-mix, a rottie-mix and a pibble who are all massive babies that will mercilessly slobber all over you and cuddle you into the ground.
The biggest dog I've had the pleasure of meeting was a Great Dane, owned by a dude I bought some furniture from. I showed up at his place to pick up the furniture, and this horse sized yellow Dane came out to greet me. I weigh about 240lbs, but I really had to brace myself to not get shoved off my feet by this Snuggle Horse. He was so friendly and slobbery and I would have loved to just hang out with that Doggo all day.

That is clearly a bear.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Dear lord. Watch this.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Dear lord. Watch this.

I'm not even sure pandas are real now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
How many times did that panda fall on his head? I lost count at around 20.