Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There's not actually that much difference between a grey box and the final thing anyway, shits dull yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

There's not actually that much difference between a grey box and the final thing anyway, shits dull yo
:drat:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

ive been watching a guy drive in the sand for like an hour in the citizencon demo

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

Just to be certain and lock things down, mind you precise what you consider SQ42 to be "complete" ? The number of missions, the playtime and the estimated lenght of the module has varied wildly from the initial stretch goals.

According to the completed stretch goals, SQ42 must contain :

- 50 missions (6M$)
- Full orchestral score (6M$)
- Complete voice acting and Mocap cutscenes(5M$)
- Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action!

And the first mission disk (at least 16 missions if we compare it to WC first mission disk) must be free to backers who pledged before 6M$.

Would you agree that SQ42 need that minimum to be considered "complete" or do you prefer to go with another (MVP) definition ?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

BitBasher posted:

The first and second halves of this sentence completely contradict each other.

It's like a restaurant saying "Sir, your meal is complete. We have the recipe written down and the ingredients were delivered."

...I can't even tell what is a serious statement anymore, but yours cannot possibly be one.

That's so Star Citizen, though. The missions are all complete and now they just have to "put the code on top of the ideas" (I believe those were Crobbler's words), so if they're still in graybox, they're complete because if the ideas are complete then everything is complete, even if it hasn't been completed.

Star Citizen, by Jorge Luis Borges.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
RIP to all the join 4 guilds who will never be convinced to post threads in gbs with the HOT tag

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

You claim goons shift goal posts, but you've done nothing but that since coming here

I thought you would lose confidence in the project if a number of conditions were met during the latest live stream

Niggling issues aside , they pretty much poo poo allover the list you had , except maybe releasing 2.6 to testing but that's still a grey area

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlbieQuirky posted:

Foo Diddley posted:

Chris has finally been caught by the evil Goons. On the night before his execution, he begs God for just one year to finish Star Citizen

In the morning he's led before the firing squad, but a miracle occurs! Just before they fire, time stops. Frozen along with everyone else, Chris eventually realizes that God has given him the year that he asked for. He sets to work, creating the perfect Star Citizen in his mind

Anyway, he doesn't finish it in time

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's so Star Citizen, though. The missions are all complete and now they just have to "put the code on top of the ideas" (I believe those were Crobbler's words), so if they're still in graybox, they're complete because if the ideas are complete then everything is complete, even if it hasn't been completed.

Somewhere in the Library is the binary for the completed version of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 with everything that was promised.

If only the backers were committed enough to this project we'd be playing this game right now. CIG should focus on organizing a crowd sourced exploration of the Library.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man when you look at the cig version of the image it's nearly impossible to tell what the gently caress the legs are doing anymore

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley posted:

Anyway, he doesn't finish it in time
:negative:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

alf_pogs posted:

it's nearly impossible to tell what the gently caress the legs are doing anymore

A day in the life of Ben.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

life is a grey box

makes you think

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yoov been visited by ryan archer! Quick! Plagiarize something in the next 5 minutes or else youll be visited by mae demming

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

A day in the life of Ben.

I wonder how much flour he has to stuff down there to keep the trench rot out

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Look what I found on 9gag!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

Every mission is complete and has already been grey/white boxed.

:discourse:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's even the same gun :catstare:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Original Content, do not steal

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

"Despite Chris Roberts saying that they hadn't even finished conceptual work on a number of things not even a week ago,
Despite there being no evidence of any of this work being done,
Despite picking the exact wrong assets to make and making them terribly,
Despite a consistent track record of both incompetence from Chris Roberts and undelivered work from CIG,
Despite the development time of GTA V producing a jittery prototype that is actually the greatest gaming joke of all time

All of this work is complete and ready to go"
-MasterofManyAliases, 2016

I get it, someone you trust has given you a glowing review of the progress with the game. Unfortunately people can be wrong about things, and their own personal bias can color their opinions. What you are getting is someone else justifying to themselves why everything is fantastic because that's what the want to believe. You are like some kind of delusion parasite.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I know it's boring to bring it up , but did Ben scam 10k from people free and clear ?

It seems like he learned from the best

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah like the most iconic human gun from halo 1 really

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Notice how he isn't even looking where he's firing, it's clearly a parody.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

So I know it's boring to bring it up , but did Ben scam 10k from people free and clear ?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sappo569 posted:

Yea this owns really hard

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

First it was a ripoff of the Doom box art and now they ripped off Halo as well for the same image.

Instead of trying to stop the plagiarizing after getting caught countless times, CIG double archers a picture.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/jx7IiNl.gifv

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Shubin was reported as almost complete back in 2013. It's almost 2017 and there has not been one single proof of concept for SQ42. They have had a dedicated studio (Manchester) working on it for 4 years. 4 years and not even a complete vertical slice of a single player game. How on earth you're giving them another year is mind boggling :psyduck:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

squadron 42 is the new star marine

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the best thing about moma is that he's either toast (it's this) or he's someone who is being lied to by someone within CIG

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

the best thing about moma is that he's either toast (it's this) or he's someone who is being lied to by someone within CIG

the best thing about moma is his belt

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Their refund guy is seriously named scrilla? :psyduck:

Ash1138 posted:

3 years and they couldn't come up with a name or logo that doesn't crib from warhammer 40k so hard it's almost sad?

:confused:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

This is a perfect Ryan Archer, because when they switched the left leg to the foreground in their copy they hosed up the perspective and make it look hilariously bad. Meaning that not only can they not create the art and have to trace it, they don't even understand it in the first place.

More quality work from the $140,000,000 company that completely reassures me that the dream is real. Inability to do High School Art Class perspectives.

Edit: Someone dig up that guy from the CAD Mock threads that would make skeletal drawings to show the anatomy of bad art. They copied the lower half of the right leg but had to try and connect the knee to the hip on their own, leading to the guys crotch being in his left thigh with a leg stuck out at a 90 degree angle because they had to match the placement of the foot while shifting it to the background.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 22, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://gfycat.com/EsteemedCarelessDairycow

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Those must be space beanbag rounds

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The best part about star citizen has not happened yet.

When crobbers goes all colonel kurtz on everyone, that is going to be the best.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
YOU KNOW! ITS ALPHA! its not suppose to be very playable. ITS SUPPOSE TO HAVE BUGS! SO you can report them for the next ALPHA 3.0.... Which in TURN WILL HAVE BUGS!!! Which will not be all that playable because of the bugs.. Which you will report again.... for the next ALPHA!!!! This is the way ALPHA's Work... This is NOT BETA where you can long in at your leisure and some what have a some what playable game.... ITS ALPHA!

Also there will never be a finished product per-say.. Why... CUZ there is no END GAME....There are no Levels ....
This game will always have to have consent content updates ** FOREVER* New Ships new planets & Systems and updates and patches that go with FOREVER.... that is the type of game this is..... NO END GAME! And With bo end game means new content will have to added all the time...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Acquilae posted:

First it was a ripoff of the Doom box art and now they ripped off Halo as well for the same image.

Instead of trying to stop the plagiarizing after getting caught countless times, CIG double archers a picture.

The rip off of Amazon Grand Tour and the Clarkson likeness I would think would piss them off.

I expect them to do a Mario commercial next since we all know how friendly Nintendo is when it comes to that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wise Learned Man posted:

Their refund guy is seriously named scrilla? :psyduck:

one letter/keyboard space away from 'Mad Scrilla'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

"Despite Chris Roberts saying that they hadn't even finished conceptual work on a number of things not even a week ago,
Despite there being no evidence of any of this work being done,
Despite picking the exact wrong assets to make and making them terribly,
Despite a consistent track record of both incompetence from Chris Roberts and undelivered work from CIG,
Despite the development time of GTA V producing a jittery prototype that is actually the greatest gaming joke of all time

All of this work is complete and ready to go"
-MasterofManyAliases, 2016

I get it, someone you trust has given you a glowing review of the progress with the game. Unfortunately people can be wrong about things, and their own personal bias can color their opinions. What you are getting is someone else justifying to themselves why everything is fantastic because that's what the want to believe. You are like some kind of delusion parasite.

It's more than someone's word in regards to the information I have about the game.